Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MOZAKATAK

Things that need fixed -

1. Snub Pistol
    Having a meat shield makes you difficult to take on and I've had a long range battle with a person using a hammerburst and I've won. It's far too powerful for a pistol.

2. Ink
    Pretty much points OP made

3. Boomshot
    I find myself running in fear in Warzone/Execution from a person who has three boomshots. It is far too powerful and has too much ammo for life based game modes.

4. Digger
    Incontinent in its ability to kill enemies. Too avoidable and underpowered for a power weapon.

5. Scorcher
    Immensely powerful as it is and can down in a second. Needs nerfed but not to the extent it was. Happy medium must be found.

Lots of good ideas, especially about CLT, replacing nemesis with swift vengance and removing founder medal.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf View Post
    The Hammerburst does have a fairly small clip, but it does also have a fast reload. Considering the down times people can get with the Hammy, I don't care about it's clip.

Does it have reduced close range damage? Doesn't seem so. Does it need stopping power? Partially. With it you get people like me using it like it is a Retro Lancer. But the problem is, it works.

Stopping power should only be in effect when someone is running towards you. It's stopping power to counter rushers, not glueing power.
    I dunno why you think the reload is fast. The only weapons it's quicker than is the Retro and SOS, and like those it's active marker is towards the middle-back end of the bar, not the front. It's MUCH slower than both the lancer and the Gnasher. As for using it like the retro? Lol. If you can get a kill spraying it close up, then as far as I'm concerned you've earned it, because that is not a effective way of using it against anyone who knows what they're doing(noobs who miss you 4 times with the Gnasher don't count).
    Last edited by ExtraSpectre; 05-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

The Hammerburst does have a fairly small clip, but it does also have a fast reload. Considering the down times people can get with the Hammy, I don't care about it's clip.

Does it have reduced close range damage? Doesn't seem so. Does it need stopping power? Partially. With it you get people like me using it like it is a Retro Lancer. But the problem is, it works.

Stopping power should only be in effect when someone is running towards you. It's stopping power to counter rushers, not glueing power.
    Yeah I think it does something like 60 damage close range. This moves up to ~80 at long range. You'll have to PM LambentHammerburst for the exact statistics lol.
    The reload is decently fast though.

Support on the SP-not gluing power

Things that need fixed -

1. Snub Pistol
    Having a meat shield makes you difficult to take on and I've had a long range battle with a person using a hammerburst and I've won. It's far too powerful for a pistol.

I tend to avoid people with a meat shield lol. The snub can pack a punch.

2. Ink
    Pretty much points OP made

3. Boomshot
    I find myself running in fear in Warzone/Execution from a person who has three boomshots. It is far too powerful and has too much ammo for life based game modes.

Definitely.

4. Digger
    Incontinent in its ability to kill enemies. Too avoidable and underpowered for a power weapon.

Mhm.

5. Scorcher
    Immensely powerful as it is and can down in a second. Needs nerfed but not to the extent it was. Happy medium must be found.

The happy medium definitely.

Lots of good ideas, especially about CLT, replacing nemesis with swift vengance and removing founder medal.
    Thanks
    Bolded stuff.
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vick818

They really need to fix the active damage on the Gnasher I hate having to do it just so I feel like I am on an even playing field. Especially against those players that consistently do it and also play as kantus/anya for both sides what a coincidence? All actives in this game need an active like the hammerburst that does slightly more damage without it being game breaking. The boomshot ammo needs to be nerfed down to 2 it wouldn't be such an issue if the gun wasn't on the majority of the maps but it is. Frags are ridiculously OP you can plant them, throw them in the ring without the ring even being on your screen and get dbl's/trips.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by vick818 View Post
    They really need to fix the active damage on the Gnasher I hate having to do it just so I feel like I am on an even playing field. Especially against those players that consistently do it and also play as kantus/anya for both sides what a coincidence? All actives in this game need an active like the hammerburst that does slightly more damage without it being game breaking. The boomshot ammo needs to be nerfed down to 2 it wouldn't be such an issue if the gun wasn't on the majority of the maps but it is. Frags are ridiculously OP you can plant them, throw them in the ring without the ring even being on your screen and get dbl's/trips.
    Mm, agree with all of this.
    Level 47/100

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaaaz View Post
    Mm, agree with all of this.
    You make the best threads on this forum shame you don't get enough credit.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by vick818 View Post
    You make the best threads on this forum shame you don't get enough credit.
    Thanks

I think the fact that most of my threads are 15+ pages long is credit enough lol. People take an interest in what I say
    Although it would be nice for a Dev to address at least the Hitbox Issue thread. That is really a gamebreaker lol.
    Level 47/100

Everything about the Retro you are 100% correct. I also read through you entire post and you are spot on with mostly everything. The hitbox and Retro are the two biggest flaws for me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I agree with everything in this thread exceot for two things.

1. Let's have a Gears 2 ink instead of what it is now.

2. Incins should be like they were in the beta.

Great write up though OP!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH3 ZomBiifieD

Scale Of 1-10 Weapon Statistics Analysis.

10:~ is a weapon that cannot be combated on an even playing field... (OverPowered)

5:~ Perfectly balanced with all weapons, nothing weak or too strong about it... (Balanced)

1:~ Completely useless, and is not even a viable option in a game... (Useless)

(So here is my take of each Starting weapon when compared to eachother currently)...

GNASHER:~ Overall (7) has ridiculous actives and range effectiveness. Other than that the weapon would be balanced for what it is.

SOS:~ Overall (4) Slightly Under-powered, i would recommend giving it the Zeta Reload. Makes it less of a hit and run niche weapon, and more fun to use in the longrun.

Lancer:~ (6) Endless clip and Stopping power + active reload makes this weapon overall slightly overpowered.

Retro:~ (9) Not much about this weapon is currently balanced to the other weapons. Almost to the Point where you would be foolish to not use it. Some control "skill" is needed for efficiency at ranges outside of Mid, but it still shouldn't dominate all Rifles with such ease.

Hammerburst:~ (5) of our starting weapons the Hammerburst is the closest to equilibrium IMO. If other weapons were slightly Nerfed it would be perfect for what i expect it to do.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Everything about the Retro you are 100% correct. I also read through you entire post and you are spot on with mostly everything. The hitbox and Retro are the two biggest flaws for me.
    Thanks ^^
    I agree with everything in this thread exceot for two things.

1. Let's have a Gears 2 ink instead of what it is now.

2. Incins should be like they were in the beta.

Great write up though OP!
    Thanks. I've changed my stance since I wrote this so many months ago lol. I too just want G2 Ink back. The current stun grenade is just dumb.

10:~ is a weapon that cannot be combated on an even playing field... (OverPowered)

5:~ Perfectly balanced with all weapons, nothing weak or too strong about it... (Balanced)

(So here is my take of each Starting weapon when compared to eachother currently)...

GNASHER:~ Overall (7) has ridiculous actives and range effectiveness. Other than that the weapon would be balanced for what it is.

SOS:~ Overall (4) Slightly Under-powered, i would recommend giving it the Zeta Reload. Makes it less of a hit and run niche weapon, and more fun to use in the longrun.

Lancer:~ (6) Endless clip and Stopping power + active reload makes this weapon overall slightly overpowered.

Retro:~ (9) Not much about this weapon is currently balanced to the other weapons. Almost to the Point where you would be foolish to not use it. Some control "skill" is needed for efficiency at ranges outside of Mid, but it still shouldn't dominate all Rifles with such ease.

Hammerburst:~ (5) of our starting weapons the Hammerburst is the closest to equilibrium IMO. If other weapons were slightly Nerfed it would be perfect for what i expect it to do.
    Definitely. HB is perfect. Gnasher can be brought into line simply by reducing active.
    Retro is just a joke. Totally out of line with the other starting weapons.
    Level 47/100

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: St Jesus Christ PSN ID: Assassio

Ink, Incins and Retro... good god I hate them.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Gear View Post
    Ink, Incins and Retro... good god I hate them.
    Incinds I don't mind.

The "Ink" and Retro, however...
    Level 47/100

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Bumping...
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    On the other side of the map, hard-aiming you with the Gnasher.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: He Bridish

Quote Originally Posted by TH3 ZomBifiieD View Post

This is probably the best weapon summary ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

This is probably the best weapon summary ever.
    Definitely, sums it up quite well.
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Definitely, sums it up quite well.
    I laugh at people who defend the Retro Lancer. None of my friends want it in the game, I don't think that many people want it in the game. I play Gears for it's CQC, and the Retro just ruins the fun.
    Everyone bought the new GOW Judgment controllers where (A), (Y), (X), and (B) buttons are replace with one giant (B) Button.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

I laugh at people who defend the Retro Lancer. None of my friends want it in the game, I don't think that many people want it in the game. I play Gears for it's CQC, and the Retro just ruins the fun.
    Tbh, the majority of people I see who hate it are also the ones who hate the Gnasher.
    Pretty funny coincidence there.

I mean, they're so shortsighted that they constantly forget about the HB and the Lancer. I mean seriously? Stop focusing on just the damned Gnasher, PLEASE. You know, the whole "HERP DERP GNASHER IS OP THEREFORE RETRO CAN BE AS WELL"
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Tbh, the majority of people I see who hate it are also the ones who hate the Gnasher.
    Pretty funny coincidence there.

I mean, they're so shortsighted that they constantly forget about the HB and the Lancer. I mean seriously? Stop focusing on just the damned Gnasher, PLEASE. You know, the whole "HERP DERP GNASHER IS OP THEREFORE RETRO CAN BE AS WELL"
    Well, the Retro beats my Gnasher all the time.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Well, the Retro beats my Gnasher all the time.
    I know right, that's the funny thing. "Gnasher needs to be OP so it can beat Retro"

.......IT STILL DOESN'T WIN.

This forum makes me sad at times. Saaaaaad Maaaaaaaaaaaz
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I know right, that's the funny thing. "Gnasher needs to be OP so it can beat Retro"

Heehee, in proper CQC the Gnasher is fine. It's mainly the range and active damage which makes it overpowered. When you are in real CQC it works like a shotgun should, well, not really. Thanks sponging.

The Retro still beats an overpowered Gnasher.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Heehee, in proper CQC the Gnasher is fine. It's mainly the range and active damage which makes it overpowered. When you are in real CQC it works like a shotgun should, well, not really. Thanks sponging.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Saaaaaad Maaaaaaaaaaaz
    Can't have that can we?

OT: Zombie with a pretty solid assessment of starting weapons.
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Redeemer

Great post agreed with it all.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

@Nerf "This is probably the best weapon summary ever".

Thanks for the positive enforcement everyone, this was basically a Barebones "simplified" version of a very long Statistics examination thread i made a few months ago.

I Still don't know why it was closed? I spent almost 2 hours compiling the information on all the Gears 3 weapons, so i am still pretty pissed about that... anyway love your threads Maaaaaz, they typically talk of issues that are very relevant, not to mention you always make them very well thought out and concise!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

See, that's what confuses me lol. It doesn't need the range. When people are in a CQC battle, they're not just standing there hard aiming each other. It's bouncing/strafing and and hipfiring. The fact that it has such a large amount of Active damage makes no sense.

Damn the retro...

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    Can't have that can we?

OT: Zombie with a pretty solid assessment of starting weapons.
    Definitely not

Quote Originally Posted by Justin15145 View Post
    Great post agreed with it all.
    Thanks

@Nerf "This is probably the best weapon summary ever".

Thanks for the positive enforcement everyone, this was basically a Barebones "simplified" version of a very long Statistics examination thread i made a few months ago.

I Still don't know why it was closed? I spent almost 2 hours compiling the information on all the Gears 3 weapons, so i am still pretty pissed about that... anyway love your threads Maaaaaz, they typically talk of issues that are very relevant, not to mention you always make them very well thought out and concise!
    I think if even one person takes it off topic, then the thread gets closed. It's the only reason I can think of...

Thanks, at times it seems as if I've too many threads, but at least it's constructive spam
    Although I don't think this particular thread is "concise" haha.
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

See, that's what confuses me lol. It doesn't need the range. When people are in a CQC battle, they're not just standing there hard aiming each other. It's bouncing/strafing and and hipfiring. The fact that it has such a large amount of Active damage makes no sense.

Damn the retro...
    Why does it even need that damage at medium and long range? What is it there for? It is a close range weapon, and it's obvious that it is easier to use it effectively at those ranges than they thought.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Why does it even need that damage at medium and long range? What is it there for? It is a close range weapon, and it's obvious that it is easier to use it effectively at those ranges than they thought.
    No idea. So stupid it's unreal.
    Last edited by Maaaaaz; 05-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Level 47/100

Banned
    Gamer IDs

No idea. Seems like a massive oversight tbh.
    Just a shame they don't wanna run the risk of nerfing it in any way.
    Oversight??? they added the 25% additional damage of the retro at range pretty recently. That's no oversight, it's a design decision... and IMO a very flawed one (just look at my Retro Lancer K/D)

...the weapon needs fixing, at the "VERY LEAST" return it to release status before it got it's THREE BUFFS of DooMbalance.
    Last edited by TH3 ZomBifiieD; 05-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Oversight??? they added the 25% additional damage of the retro at range pretty recently. That's no oversight, it's a design decision... and IMO a very flawed one (just look at my Retro Lancer K/D)

...the weapon needs fixing, at the "VERY LEAST" return it to release status before it got it's THREE BUFFS of DooMbalance.
    Oh my bad, I thought he meant the Gnasher.

You know my thoughts on the Retro
    Level 47/100

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Bumping...
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Is it true that it takes the same shots to down with a HB even if it has actives?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rtma

Is it true that it takes the same shots to down with a HB even if it has actives?
    Pretty much, only would make 1 - 2 shot difference over distance since it only temporarily boosts it by 5%.
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

Banned

On launch it was 7 with an active and 8 without (hammerburst). As a hb expert since gears 2 I thought this was fine. After loads of moaning, about people that probaly weren't even modding, they nerfed it to 8 shots either way . Its about 5 more damage points not enough to make it 7 shots imo this has made it too weak and we need the 7 for a active. Still at least I have honour in using probaly the hardest A.r. And there is more ikmportant things to balance. Priority number 1 is reduce retro damage or increase its fall of damage over distance.

Banned

Also I swear they have over capped hammerburst. I put in gears 2 other day and cud shoot hammer faster, mayb e 10 a second. Anyone who moans modder on gears 3 is probaly wronjg becos 8 shots a second is easy-seriously try gears 2 hammer it goes way faster

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    Also I swear they have over capped hammerburst. I put in gears 2 other day and cud shoot hammer faster, mayb e 10 a second. Anyone who moans modder on gears 3 is probaly wronjg becos 8 shots a second is easy-seriously try gears 2 hammer it goes way faster
    It also has very little recoil and high bullet damage so you can expect to be downed quick by it. The mod accusations are more out of "rage" then anything I have only ran into 1 guy that has used a mod and plenty of people good with the HB.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xWithHer

The Hammerburst Owns. Lesser mortals can only dream of wielding its power.
    Classic Hammerburst
    TeamJUMP since '87.
    Kudo's to UNDEAD MIKE 95 for the paintball skin.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Reduces it by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    On launch it was 7 with an active and 8 without (hammerburst). As a hb expert since gears 2 I thought this was fine. After loads of moaning, about people that probaly weren't even modding, they nerfed it to 8 shots either way . Its about 5 more damage points not enough to make it 7 shots imo this has made it too weak and we need the 7 for a active. Still at least I have honour in using probaly the hardest A.r. And there is more ikmportant things to balance. Priority number 1 is reduce retro damage or increase its fall of damage over distance.
    Bolded

Quote Originally Posted by jp.3 View Post
    It's so good when you get the finger for it
    Level 47/100

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rtma

Quote Originally Posted by jp.3 View Post
    It can be stupid strong, subjective to how fast you can pull the trigger...
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: michibee2

everything is fine , just a better game play with sponging and better hit detections is needed. no need to do all that . except to nerf the Retro since is the cheapest weapon of the game.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast