View Poll Results: Do you want the Gears of War 3 Extended Campaign DLC?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 80.56%
  • No

14 19.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jmfchuckie

Thumbs up 15+ AGREE! Gears of War 3: Extended Campaign DLC

PLEASE POST OPINIONS! HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

Before reading, an introduction by jmfchuckie,
    Hello forum members. I am here to present you with a DLC Idea that has been very long in the making. I have been working on it for so long inside of the Gears of War 3 Campaign Tab of the Forums, very underground in a way. I have finished to main idea and have now come here to show the final project form as I finish it. I hope you enjoy my Thread as I transfer the Information from the original Thread to this one

I WILL BE UPDATING THIS!

Gears of War 3: Extended Campaign DLC Pack
    Cost:400 Microsoft Points ($5) Per Episode, 2,000 Microsoft Points ($25) for complete pack
    Contents:New Campaign Content for Main Game, Character Skins, Weapon Skins, and Maps
    Description:Upon Purchase of an Episode, you will be allowed to play the Extended Campaign DLC Missions by playing the main game. You will be asked "Standard or Extended?" when you play, or choose from the option menu. This DLC would serve as a Director's Cut for Gears of War 3, and follows the story of Cole, Baird, Clay, and new characters in more depth with 3 new hours of DLC Content.

Pack #1: Playing Doctor
    Content: 2 New Campaign Missions, 2 New Character Skins, 1 Map

Campaign Missions: Playing Doctor and Hunted
    Act II, Chapter 2, Playing Doctor
    Characters:
    Clayton Carmine: Loadout- Lancer, Torque Bow, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Jacob Farnsworth *New Character!: A Rookie Medic just out of the field, he has promise, but being new, he feels out of place, only really talking to Baird. Characteristics: Helmeted Character, has a medic symbol painted on his chest. Same build as a COG Gear, his own dialogue. Loadout- Lancer, Gnasher, Snub, Ink Grenades
    Samantha Byrne: Loadout- Hammerburst, Longshot, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    David Carmine: One of the last two Carmine Bros., David has seen less time on the field, but, his distinctive scar across his face shows he has just the same experience. Characteristics- Same Helmet and Anthony Carmine, but a large scar has scratched upon his left eye, leaving that eye cover's light dead. He has only one sleeve, and the other reveals tattoos. Loadout- Retro Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Boltok Pistol, Smoke Grenades.
    Level:The level starts off with C. Carmine and Sam running towards a crash area. Upon arrival, they find Jacob and D. Carmine helping wounded. Jacob introduces himself while the Carmines have a bro moment. It is cut short by a group of Savage Locust scavenging the area. They all get into cover and take out the enemies. C. Carmine and Sam explain that they're helping the survivors as well, and the group sets off. Their goal is to get a Loader equipped with Medical Supplies salvaged from the wreck. You would go through three or four encounters before you reach the first group. You then meet up with a group of Soldiers that show you what they've set up. Eventually, after viewing the whole camp. A cutscene commences in which the Gear showing you around gets thrown into the rock formation to the side of you, and a new boss, the Savage Beserker, appears and attacks, with Catapults as well. You must now run towards Sovereign's Wreck while all around you Survivors are running and either being killed or save others as well. You and your team reach a group of Gears inside of a break in the Wreck and you all run inside, ending the level.

Act II, Chapter 3, Hunted
    Characters:
    Clayton Carmine Loadout- Lancer, Torque Bow, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Jacob Farnsworth Loadout- Lancer, Gnasher, Snub Pistol, Ink Grenades
    Samantha Byrne Loadout- Hammerburst, Longhshot, Snub Pistol, Smoke Grenades
    David Carmine Loadout- Retro Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Boltok Pistol, Smoke Grenades
    Level: The mission starts off with the group of survivors inside of a small bit of the ship they took refuge in. Farnsworth is helping wounded when a shudder comes from somewhere on the ship. David is about to turn a corner to investigate until Clay stops him. A silhouette of the Savage Beserker forms, and sniffs the area. It then comes crashing down the hallway, smashing into a group of Soldiers on a piece of shrapnel. Clay, Jacob, Sam, and David run for the exit quickly, and right before they make it out, they look back, and a group of Savage Grenadiers and the Savage Beserker have killed everyone, and then, the group runs before a Savage Grenadier sees them. The group discusses getting out of there, until the Savage Beserker's scream comes from the hallway. This part would be very much like the first Beserker encounter in Gears of War. After having it follow you for a while, it finally attacks. You then have to go through a labyrinth inside of Soveriegn, trying to find an exit and a Scorcher. You finally find one right next to an office, and then, after running away from the Savage Beserker, you find a catwalk. You go up on the catwalk and then, you have to burn off bits and pieces of the Savage Beserkers Armor. Each time you burn off a certain amount, you get the Savage Beserker to become enraged and break off a piece of the catwalk. After a while, the catwalk will break underneath the Beserker and burn it on a wet industrial motor. The mission ends with Clay, Jacob, David, and Sam meeting up with Anya and Jace. Clay, Jacob, David, and Jace watch as Sam, Anya, and Jynx load up in a vehicle and drive away.

Character Skins:
    Jacob Farnsworth- Get the Onyx Medic Medal
    David Carmine-
    Unlocked by winning 30 matches on "Wreck"

Map: Wreck
    The map would be a small map based on Sovereign's wreck that you go into in the DLC Campaign Missions. The map would have a special environmental effect, fire. As this is a wreck, a lot of the map would be caught on fire and burning. There would be 2 Fire Extinguishers near each Spawn. If the fires are put out, new power weapons could become available. The map would have very limited space and would be CQC thanks to smoke flooding the room, harming visibility.
    Power Weapons- Fire Extinguisher (2) Boltok Pistol, Ink Grenades, Digger/Torque Bow

Pack #2: Fast and Furious
    Content: 2 Campaign Missions, 2 Character Skins, 1 Map
    Campaign Levels: Fast and Furious and Roadblock
    Act III, Chapter 1, Fast and Furious
    Characters:
    Jace Stratton Loadout- Hammerburst, Longshot, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Jacob Farnsworth Loadout- Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Snub Pistol, Ink Grenades
    David Carmine Loadout- Retro Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Boltok Pistol, Smoke Grenades
    Level: The level would start off with Jace and Clay standing by a grave of dead bodies and Jacob and David helping out others. The mood is very quiet, until a rumble is heard in the background. They look behind them and see a horde of Bloodmounts with Savage Beast Riders. During this moment, the objective is to hold the line while the Wounded are helped into the trucks to go to Anvil. Eventually, they would get in a truck with a few wounded. Jace takes the Driver Seat, Clayton takes an attached Mulcher turret, and Jacob and David sit in the bed of the truck so the Wounded can sit inside. Unlike the driving mission "Breakneck Run," Jacob and David have the ability to move through the slightly larger truck without having to sit down. The new objective is to kill the Bloodmounts that are chasing them to Anvil Gate. Jacob and David have a large assortment of weapons to use that are in the back of the truck, including Torque Bows, Boomshots, Scorchers, and Longshots. Player 1 (Jace) would have the objective of driving the truck, and Clay has the ability to rotate the Mulcher in a 180 degree angle. The mission ends with the team running over a Bloodmount in the road and them speeding off, with all Bloodmounts dead.

Act III, Chapter 2, Speedbump
    Characters:
    Jace Stratton Loadout- Hammerburst, Longshot, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Seth Smith (NPC) Loadout- Lancer, Snub Pistol
    Level: The level would start with Jace, Clay, Jacob, David, and the Wounded stopping at a roadblock-of-sorts. Immediately after stopping, they are fired upon by Lancer Turrets. They see an Urban Gunner. It is basically a Troika Gunner that operates a Lancer Turret. It would be a brand new character, about the same look as the Savage Grenadier Elite, but with no helmet and a dark brown armor with white tints. Jace, Clay, Jacob, David, and a background character Seth Smith are the only survivors. Now pinned down behind cover, Seth picks up a Lancer and fights with you. As they keep fighting the Urban Gunners and reinforcements, Savage Boomers join the party, making the encounter more difficult. Then, a cutscene will happen. Seth's head is blown off. David runs up to a piece of cover to try to retrieve COG Tags, but a Boomshot round forces him to fly through the air. Clay makes his way to him while Jacob and Jace cover him. Jacob is all out of ammo, however and Jace is almost. The group of Locust near closer and closer. David and Clay have a talk, and then, Clay runs back over. The Locust have overrun where David is, and a pack of Wretches are eating him alive. Clay opens up his hands, with two COG Tags, Seth's, and David's. David then takes out his Pistol, and aims it at the nearest Gas Tank. David fires on it, igniting a trail of gas on the ground, and the entire place burns up. Clay, Jacob, and Jace all run back into the truck, and drive away, mourning 2 Gears' deaths.

Character Skins:
    Seth Smith- Unlocked by getting the Silver Headshot Medal
    Urban Gunner- Unlocked by getting 25 Lancer Turret kills on "Dam"

Map: Dam
    Dam is a fortress near the water right outside the Aveguard Plains.. The Lancer Turrets near each spawn give some nice covering fire, but the gas tanks attached to them will eventually be revealed, giving a nice environmental kill to the ones with ingenuity. The center of the map is very open, but has a good view of the entire area, giving a perfect Ring in King of the Hill, and a Grenade Spawn
    Power Weapons:Lancer Turret (2), Boltok Pistol (2), Frag Grenades/Smoke Grenades

Pack #3: Last Defense
    Content: 3 New Campaign Missions, 1 Character Skin, 2 Maps
    Campaign Missions: High and Low, No Vacancy, and Last Defense
    Act IV, Chapter 1, High and Low
    Characters:
    Damon Baird Loadout- Lancer, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Augustus Cole Loadout- Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Boltok Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Padrick Salton (NPC) Loadout- Longshot, Gnasher Shotgun, Snub Pistol, Smoke Grenades
    Mission: The Level would start with Clay and Jacob, walking on the ground, talking through a earpiece to Baird, Cole, and Padrick (Who would have an opening scene before the beginning of the mission, and he says he wants to help Marcus and Co.) in a King Raven. Baird and Cole are talking about reinforcements, trying figure out where to look. In that moment, Clay and Jacob are attacked by Locust. This mission would be one of the most diverse and fun levels in the whole game. Baird and Cole (Player 1 and 2) would be inside of he King Raven, killing the Locust with a Mini-Gun, while Pad kills Locust with a Longshto. Clay and Jacob (Players 3 and 4) would be on the ground, killing Locust as well. You would fight up a hill. This level would just be Boomers, Grenadiers, and Wretches: Fun, Classic Gears of War gameplay. This mission would be a long, no story firefight, no cutscenes until the end. The mission ends with Clay and Jacob finding a Stranded Fortress at the top of the hill.

Act IV, Chapter 2, No Vacancy
    Characters:
    Damon Baird Loadout- Lancer, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Snub Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Augustus Cole Loadout- Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Boltok Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Franklin (NPC) Loadout- Retro Lancer, Sawed-Off Shotgun, Boltok Pistol, Incendiary Grenades
    Madison (NPC) Loadout- Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun, Gorgon Pistol, Frag Grenades
    Chaps (NPC) Loadout- Hammerburst, Longshot, Snub Pistol, Smoke Grenades
    Padrick Salton (NPC) Loadout- Longshot, Gnasher Shotgun, Snub Pistol, Smoke Grenades
    Level: The level would start off with Clay and Jacob at the gates of a Stranded Fortress. The doors begin to open, and they are greeted by a large group of Stranded, but are in Gear Armor. Out of the shadows come Franklin, a Stranded who appeared in Gears of War and Gears of War 2's Road to Ruin DLC Chapter. He is in an Armor looking much like Dom's Armor. Also the Stranded Leader from Act I, who gave you the ammo, appears, named Madison. They explain that they had found a stash of Gears armor and now wear it for protection. Then, Cole, Baird, and Padrick come off of the Raven and meet them. After Madison explains that she moved her Stranded group towards this area, Baird discusses them helping Marcus and Co. Franklin says yes, and when they explain it would kill the Lambent, they all volunteer. Franklin, Madison, and Chaps (Stranded from both Gears of War and Gears of War 2) would show them around camp. They'd see everyone with good quality weapons. They would then ask if they have any stockades to use. Madison would explain that they have a lot of ammo, waiting in a truck along with enough trucks to transport everyone. To Be Con't.
    Last edited by jmfchuckie; 03-12-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Message for nonposters
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeRobertC PSN ID: IFrozenI

what happened to your other thread?
    Current Level: 70's | Onyx Medals: 3/ 65 Achievements: 70%
    Looking for Weapon Skin/Character codes - A place in my signature for those generous few.
    Special Thanks to Like a Boss for the Griffin code. Your awesome
    AVENGERS

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeRobertC View Post
    what happened to your other thread?
    It got a bit unorganized, and I thought some publicity on the General Forums would help. I'm starting over (not completely, I have the original open in another tab) because there wasn't a whole crap ton of detail in the missions. Also, I'm adding Maps into the mix. Just keep an eye out, it'll be worth it.
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Game Over Drunk PSN ID: RobTheAlcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by jmfchuckie View Post
    20,000 Microsoft Points ($25) for complete pack
    I take it you mean 2,000 points not 20,000?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I'm sorry that that I couldn't post much more to it, I've got stuff to do.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by robpears View Post
    I take it you mean 2,000 points not 20,000?
    Yes. I am tired, it's 10:30 in Florida, so I was tired and didn't want to check this. Thank you.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

I like this one a little more then your last idea, also Sam's last name is Byrne.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    I like this one a little more then your last idea, also Sam's last name is Byrne.
    What was my last idea, the Anniversary DLC? Oh gawd, I'm gonna be remembered on these Forums as the guy with a lot of DLC Ideas, aren't I?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

What was my last idea, the Anniversary DLC? Oh gawd, I'm gonna be remembered on these Forums as the guy with a lot of DLC Ideas, aren't I?
    lol no, i mean't 1.0.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

lol no, i mean't 1.0.
    Okay. That Thread got to be a mess. I decided I'll take this one slow, put detail in, make up last names for characters, think out specific encounters, etcetra. I'll be adding a poll soon. Hopefully, I'll get more supporters this time around.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Okay. That Thread got to be a mess. I decided I'll take this one slow, put detail in, make up last names for characters, think out specific encounters, etcetra. I'll be adding a poll soon. Hopefully, I'll get more supporters this time around.
    I like this one a little more the your last one, i think the problem i had with your last thread about this topic was you created two new characters, and personally i would rather have character we haven't seen yet, so I'm happy you subtracted one of your personal characters for D. Carmine, i like it better, also i like Jacob's character, nice work.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Poll Added to see support

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I like this one a little more the your last one, i think the problem i had with your last thread about this topic was you created two new characters, and personally i would rather have character we haven't seen yet, so I'm happy you subtracted one of your personal characters for D. Carmine, i like it better, also i like Jacob's character, nice work.
    Thank you. It will take a while to finish this. I want to be able to show the characters. I decided on D. Carmine because he is highly demanded. I think you know about the other level ideas, but I'll add more detail to Val's Brother, give a name, or scratch him and add Franklin. You'll see.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I guess, to see what you all want as a community, would you like Franklin or Valera's brother added as DLC?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Thank you. It will take a while to finish this. I want to be able to show the characters. I decided on D. Carmine because he is highly demanded. I think you know about the other level ideas, but I'll add more detail to Val's Brother, give a name, or scratch him and add Franklin. You'll see.
    Yup, can't wait to see it.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Yup, can't wait.
    Oh, this Thread is going to be THE DLC IDEA, OF THE YEAR. It will be, legen... wait for it.. dary.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I'm gonna' work on this tomorrow, until then, good luck to myself for trying to get this idea off the ground.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You have my support sure, but you know there is no chance in hell it will be made?They can't even put in all the characters, make a beast or skorge dlc, or get the lines from Anthony's lines right. My faith in epic is diminishing.

<rant over>
    Holy creatures, transform me into your humble servant, show me the path of enlightenment, as you alter my flesh and free my soul.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ashe Darkthorne

I think the only extended DLC they should do is Marcus going after that punk ass Griffin...lol I like the ideas you have. Though they left the whole Griffen thing high and dry.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe Darkthorne View Post
    I think the only extended DLC they should do is Marcus going after that punk ass Griffin...lol I like the ideas you have. Though they left the whole Griffen thing high and dry.
    I may add a mission with Griffin, I had one, but it wasn't after the conflict, but before. I'll think about your comment. BTW Living in Florida FTW!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

If you add more missions can you redo the poll so it has each individual mission and we can choose the one we like best?
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

If you add more missions can you redo the poll so it has each individual mission and we can choose the one we like best?
    I can't edit the poll, isn't allowed on forums, I guess you could change the options from yes to no, making it biased. However, I can see what levels people like and dislike, and tweak/change the levels people don't like. It is all based on Community Response.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

I can't edit the poll, isn't allowed on forums, I guess you could change the options from yes to no, making it biased. However, I can see what levels people like and dislike, and tweak/change the levels people don't like. It is all based on Community Response.
    Meh, i guess your right dude.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Meh, i guess your right dude.
    Yeah. I know for a fact that the next mission will be a favorite. It will be basically the Savage Beserker following you throughout the Sovereign Wreck, very dark, that Gears of War 1 feel.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Added new Campaign level and the Characters and Map for the first Episode! Enjoy!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Bumper sticker! No, but I want to see what people want.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Awww why did you change Jacob's last name?
    Last edited by Parasidian; 03-08-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Awww why did you change Jacob's last name?
    Yes. Why, did you like it?

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Yes. Why, did you like it?
    Well, i liked it better then your new one, it sounds kinda weird, when ever i hear Farnsworth i always think of Professor Farnsworth from Futurama, but that might just be me.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

UPDATE 3-9: ADDED ALMOST ALL OF THE PACK #2 IDEA. I WILL FINISH MAP IDEA SOON! I told y'all I'd update this!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgtxmfenix

Bro, think about going into gaming design, or story boarding for a gaming company your ideas are sick.

Veteran

Sounds good but campaign DLC is expensive and long to make, people who bought this game solely to play campaign and leave are actually all gone, so multiplayer DLC would make more sense for Epic, I personally prefer multiplayer DLC, increases the life of the game.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by sgtxmfenix View Post
    Bro, think about going into gaming design, or story boarding for a gaming company your ideas are sick.
    Thank you. I don't quite understand why people are voting no without a specific reason. Maybe because everyone wants other DLC?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gonna' be updating the map in a minute. My gift to y'all!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

ADDED NEW LEVEL IDEAS AND UPDATED IT. You'd be happy to know that Franklin and Pad were added to the idea.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeRobertC PSN ID: IFrozenI

I still have to read this because I assumed it was exactly the same as your other thread. I will read it sometime today for sure.
    Current Level: 70's | Onyx Medals: 3/ 65 Achievements: 70%
    Looking for Weapon Skin/Character codes - A place in my signature for those generous few.
    Special Thanks to Like a Boss for the Griffin code. Your awesome
    AVENGERS

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeRobertC View Post
    I still have to read this because I assumed it was exactly the same as your other thread. I will read it sometime today for sure.
    It is different. Different characters, different ideas, different things (Maps being added), etcetra.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Bump for almost an hour wasted working on this and everyone reading OP Sawed-Off Threads.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Or just because I wanted it to get a bump because I worked more than dos minutos on it! Sorry about improper Spanish.

Banned

If there is to be anymore DLC I only want Campaign based. I personally could care freakin' less about Multiplayer Maps and new skins. That has to be the most boring and easily done DLC ever. So sick of it in games. It takes about 5 min to make a new weapon skin in Photoshop. WOW....Epic really working hard their.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast