Hybrid View

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Default Beavis and Butt-head Voice Pack for UT2004 RC1 (Model Included)

Beavis and Butt-head Voice Pack for Unreal Tournament 2004
    Version/Release Date: Release Candidate 1 – March 07, 2012 (GMT+8, 08:53 PM)

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

DESCRIPTION
    MTV's funniest guys Beavis and Butt-head comes to UT2004. deadboy made the original Beavis and Butt-head voice pack for UT2003 that releases separately until I merged them as the single .U package for UT2004 and has two classes. In addition, I've added some 15 more samples came from UT99 made by unknown author (I don't know what the author's name is). Just see how the UT2004 has changed this pack from the UT2003 version. This is a voice pack with samples for everything. The sounds are 8-bit, 11 kHz mono .WAV files (I'm really sure that the sampling rate will make understand but less audible and quality loss). This VP contains foul language throughout, so use some discretion.

Bonus Features:
    This VP comes with the Beavis and Butt-head model for UT2003 by UbH, my UT2004 version added the 4-team color skins to make these two characters compatible with TDM4/CTF4/BR4; check the screenies below. Keep in mind that the .UKX file includes all the texture sources in the Textures category (the .UTX file is not included in the archive), just like how Iniquitous' Pikachu model did. The installation instructions, credits and permissions are included in the ReadMe file but no introduction.

Contents:
    Acknowledgments - 5 for Beavis / 13 for Butt-head
    No Names
    Friendly Fires - 6 for Beavis / 10 for Butt-head
    All Orders
    Others - 34 for both of them
    Taunts - 38 for Beavis / 36 for Butt-head

COMMENTS
    This voice pack is a "Release Candidate" version because it is not complete yet and not filled with Acknowledgments, Friendly Fires and Taunts; and I'll just leave the default texts in the Orders and Others section thus I really take some more samples of them, came from the audio site sources of Beavis and Butt-head and make the new possible quotes. More future releases to update this pack sooner or later I suppose.

INSTALLATION
    1. Place the .U, .INT and .UPL files in your UT2004\System directory.
    2. Place the .UKX file in your UT2004\Animations directory.
    3. Run UT2004.
    4. Under the Player or Bot voice drop-down menu, choose "[BAB] Beavis RC1" or "[BAB] Butt-head RC1" of your choice.

Server administrators may put this VP on their servers if they'd like. To enable the voice pack for online play:
    Open the UT2004.ini file and add the line ServerPackages=BeavisAndButtHeadVP1 under the heading [Engine.GameEngine].

SCREENSHOTS
    Team skins included: Beavis (Blue in DM-Roxol and Green in CTF4-Romra)...
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    ...and Butt-head (Red in DM-DavS-MeteorStorm and Yellow in BR4-Skyline)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

CHANGES IN UT2004 FROM UT2003
    Some issues were fixed and modified in the following:
    • Remove the Ragdoll= entry in the .UPL file, it can automatically detected through the Species Type of the two characters; and also adding the Race=, Text= and the bot skills entries.
    • Rearranged some sounds to make it more understandable.
    • Voice pack texts and abbreviations are included while you're playing.
    • Boosted the TransientSoundVolume value to 1.0 (as the 2003 version of the pack was a little too quiet. Many thought that this was a bug in Unreal Editor, as no matter how the .WAV samples were modified, UT still defaulted them to play at a specific volume).

CREDITS
    • deadboy for making the original Beavis and Butt-head VP for UT2003 I've ported (separate VPs of the two characters).
    • Unknown author of the VP for UT99, adding 15 sounds to this UT2004 version.
    • Devin "UbH" Olsen for making the original models for UT2003, team color skins made by me.
    • Mike Judge for creating these two characters and the awesome show from MTV too.

HOMEPAGE
    http://privatetux.tuxandroid93.net/

DOWNLOAD
    Beavis and Butt-head Voice Pack RC1 (w/ Model)

Have fun and happy fragging!
    Cordially, Private Tux (formerly Tux Android)
    Last edited by Private Tux; 06-27-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ReiDevJord

I probably should do something with this Beavis and Butthead skinpack. I started on it a couple of years ago, was almost finished and then my computer went kaput. I now have the files again though. If I get some time to finish the pack (with CTF4 skins) do you want to do a joint release?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by jefe View Post
    I probably should do something with this Beavis and Butthead skinpack. I started on it a couple of years ago, was almost finished and then my computer went kaput. I now have the files again though. If I get some time to finish the pack (with CTF4 skins) do you want to do a joint release?

Nice custom team skins mate, so does with your files are merely backup; well...I don't know and I can't decide it which will be release that skin pack first. But you can release it and have to do the requirements for your skin pack with this VP (you can whether add the Voice= entry to the .UPL file of that skin pack or not); OR, I will find some new Beavis and Butt-head sound clips to finish this voice pack for what arbee said (forward to the final release soon).

PS: I'm delaying my Maddy Carroll voice pack updated to the next release soon and working a couple of new VPs in the future to keep in handy.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 03-14-2012 at 03:30 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

There's still got to be a lot of material to use to fit the maximum 48 taunts.
    ClassicOuch needs more old female and gib sounds.

Redeemer

Unhappy Next version postponed.

I will no longer to update this voice pack anymore because I tried to choose some clips of Beavis and Butt-head came from one of the audio site sources, but I will leave this VP a Release Candidate version and I've included some more mirrors here on the first post. I will now focusing on making my new VPs for UT2004 based on celebrities/characters from the movies/TV shows and posting the latest map reviews from UT2004/UT3. I think I should leaving with you guys/gals soon, just use this VP at your own risk. Well, I will flee to the next version of this VP in the future. Kudos!

Cordially,
    Tux Android

PS: Edited the first post and the custom 'SOUNDS' icon just had disappeared due to forum upgrade, the admins will fix that soon.

Redeemer

Bump! Three download links of this VP added: my new homepage, UT-Files.com, and unrealloco's mirror/site WickedHQ.com.