View Poll Results: Do you want a Classic Horde Weekend Event?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Call it Horde 1.0

49 18.28%
  • Yes - Call it Classic Horde

174 64.93%
  • No

45 16.79%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Timmzy27 PSN ID: Timmzy27

Big Grin Classic Horde Info and Feedback Thread

Classic Horde Info and Feedback Thread

NOTE: Go HERE to vote for whether or not Classic Horde stays in its own playlist.

2nd NOTE: Go HERE to support the rest of the "Classical" DLC as this is just for Classic Horde info/feedback.

I am GLaD to see Classic Horde make a return. It is great, stops the Silverback campers and brings back the feeling of NOT relying on fortifications to back you up.

Can you (the thread viewer) think up of a name for a ribbon that we unlock for War Supporter for this event? If so comment and tell us.

What Classic Horde should now be after Jim B not quite getting the setting right:

No Mutators
    No Command Posts
    No fortifications
    No lambent
    No Savage enemies like Savage Boomer/Drones
    No Bonus waves
    No Buy Backs
    Ammo and weapon pick ups FREE
    Wave intervals reduced to 5 - 10 seconds

Each set of 10 waves should have the same enemies that Gears 2 had from 1 - 10 etc. with the exception of no Sires.

Waves 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 - No bosses but masses of Bloodmounts (barely seen in regular (2.0) horde anyway)

Now that Classic horde has returned, all it needs is a few tweeks (My thoughts posted lower down in this post) and it should have its own playlist, after that you would see Normal Horde 2.0 as always then Classic Horde playlist.
    If Classic horde doesn't get it own playlist then the ribbon for future return events that count towards War Supporter should be that you only get the ribbon for completing 50 waves IMO as it encourage team work and people not to quit.

For all you non Horde players, please don't just come on here and say "Oh, I don't play horde", this is for people that DO play Horde, so if you could just vote yes for which ever title sounds best to you, that would be great thanks.

Mine (Timmzy27) and the communities Classic Horde Tweeks that should be implemented if Classic Horde stays or makes a return in a future event:

Add that 5 - 10 second wave interval - It is very crucial and was in GoW 2's horde.
    Ammo caps - Change the ammo caps and starting ammo for each weapon to match that of its Gears 2 counterpart.
    Booms shields - Make it so they don't disappear after they have been redeployed at the start of the wave like Gears 2 so we can have more than 1 planted shield per player.
    Less cyclops variants - IDK why some Cyclops' variants have boltoks, just put bolters in to replace them
    Fix brumak boss spawns - Should JUST be Bloodmounts
    No bunny heads - I know its for easter but its annoying
    Copy Gears 2's wave structure exactly - Wouldn't be frowned upon, I asked for a CLASSIC variant of horde for a reason, to have more snipers and other enemies where need be etc.
    Ammo Pick ups FREE - Jim could have just forgotten to remove the price but should be taken off next time.
    Add social horde to both 2.0 and classic variants - I know Rod said about separating people into different pools is bad but MP has like 20 different playlists now, horde still only has 1.
    Too much Wretches and not enough Butchers - Pretty self explanatory, 1.0 did have a lot more wretches but not that many and also not enough butchers. (See "Copy Gears 2's wave structure exactly").

You almost got it right Jim B. but next time this comes back or stays in its own playlist, the above tweeks need to be made.

EDIT: Forget about the "Maxing all horde fortifications" achievement announced in DLC 4, the hardcore Horde players will have maxed them out anyway just to get them out the way like me. Plus if it had it own playlist then you don't have t play it.

EDIT: TU4 added the "Forces of Nature" playlist which includes all the special/event playlist like Alpha, Boom snipes for example. This suggest to me that they can easily add the Classic Horde to well, Horde. Again, it will only be for one weekend but it wouldn't screw up anyone justing wanting to play regular GoW3 horde.

EDIT: Thanks to Jim B. at EPIC for making a Classic Horde variant.

Ribbon Name Ideas, Thought up by YOU:

Quote Originally Posted by tyrvas View Post
    Veteran Horder OR UMAD Horder
    Quote Originally Posted by Masteralex09 View Post
    The ribbon name could either be: The old 1.0 or one of the gears 2 horde achievements.(i.e. Dirty Dirty Horde)
    Last edited by Timmzy27; 06-06-2012 at 08:27 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dr Crazy Cow

It would be fun for once, but I think Horde 2.0 is more fun.
    Thanks to *Fluffy* Gnasher for the 'hard to get' paintball skin
    Thanks to CaptainSlayer for Jungle Tai

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JuggaloJ4y PSN ID: JuGGalo__J4y

I like horde 2.0

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher. View Post
    It would be fun for once, but I think Horde 2.0 is more fun.
    Thats why I asked for it to be a weekend event, However 2.0 feels a little too campy to me appose to Gears 2 where you had to move about or you would get killed.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lilslayertorres

i support this

Boomshot
    Inside the TARDIS, planning my next trip.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UNDEAD MIKE 95

I like the idea but I can't see many people giving it a try.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by UNDEAD MIKE 95 View Post
    I like the idea but I can't see many people giving it a try.
    I was gonna make this thread just after Horde Command Pack came out but thought it was best if I didn't, but now people have had plenty of time to lvl up there fortifications so I made it now while theres still SOME people playing this game.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThEvilHasLanded

i dont know if it would be any less campy tbh after wave 10 everyone camped anyway because you were done for if you didnt
    GearsCON Staff
    Forum Custom Lobby Montages | Official GCON Channel
    Raised By Wolves
    Twitter @ThEvilHasLanded

Redeemer
    MCDonalds, fighting off the Zombie Horde.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterAlex09

I agree with you, I was just in a thread about horde 1.0.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rowken

For a weekend, hell yeah!
    Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750 \\☆//
    Gears of War 3 1480/1750 Re-up 1/3

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

I would only like it if we actually had all the types of enemies from horde on Gears 2, sires in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmzy27 View Post
    Thats why I asked for it to be a weekend event, However 2.0 feels a little too campy to me appose to Gears 2 where you had to move about or you would get killed.
    actually Gears 2 horde promotes more camping than horde 2.0, just grab a boomshield and get ready to camp. That does not work for horde 2.0

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chiktikka Quick

I like the new horde, but i get nostalgic pains in my heart sometime+^_^+ voted yes to classic horde as a weekend event!!
    Many thanks to II EVOL ONE II and Gearzandbeers for the Mech Baird in the invasion stream! Thanks to Rossyboyy for the SGE! +^_^+ Thank you Jill for the Flaming Gnasher code!+^_^+ My Name's Taken : ( won the gnasher code in my contest! Green skin donated by Cha0ticByNature (no link as he's not on forum) for helping him learn wall-bouncing +^_^+ Thanks Flak for editing my username!+^_^+ A sawed off fight to me feels like a samurie dual, both oppenents circling each other... sizing each other up.... then BAM they move like lightning into each other, both dealing one blow that will decide their fates.. gnasher dancing reminds me of fencing, darting back and forth, proding for weakness... finishing each other in a ballet like nobles with rapiers... Thank You XaldinXenotrix for the 1st place prize of 1600 MSP in your contest!!! looking for Savage Kantus, all i can return is my thanks, and a spot on my siggy+^_^+ *will work on putting colors back later*

Redeemer

I support this.

Plus, all max ammo capacities should be adjusted in line with GOW2, namely the Boomshot (which is maximum of 6 shots in GOW3, but was 12 in GOW2).

Not sure if they could change the Gorgon back to how it was in GOW2. I really miss that bad boy.
    A 'pub' is a public house - not a 'public match'. Respect that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub

What do you mean 'Get a life?' It's a respawning gametype - I have many lives.

What do you mean 'Rifle-whore - Go back to COD?' If you love shotguns so much why don't you go and play Duck Hunt?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm all for it. My only reservation would be the boom shields. They were such a significant part of Classic horde. As it is everything would just crawl over them.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPocc View Post
    actually Gears 2 horde promotes more camping than horde 2.0, just grab a boomshield and get ready to camp. That does not work for horde 2.0
    Yeah, but if you buy laser wire and camp in a room, it's easier then trying to remember to pick up and redeploy a boomshield in the same spot as that laser wire every wave because I did often forget sometimes.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Shameless bump, nobody gives horde no love

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MAsHPoTT

I endorse this idea
    Mathematical!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jmfchuckie

I didn't like Gears of War 2 Horde. I like having the time to get ready for the next round, I love the large diversity of enemies. The only thing it is missing is a RAAM Boss Spawn, like how if you get Lambent Zerker, you have Lambent enemies before it. So, I'd like a tier where the Theron Elite, Mauler Elite, and Standard Locust attack before RAAM's Boss Wave. But I vote no.
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jmfchuckie View Post
    I didn't like Gears of War 2 Horde. I like having the time to get ready for the next round, I love the large diversity of enemies. The only thing it is missing is a RAAM Boss Spawn, like how if you get Lambent Zerker, you have Lambent enemies before it. So, I'd like a tier where the Theron Elite, Mauler Elite, and Standard Locust attack before RAAM's Boss Wave. But I vote no.
    Well, this is more of a Blast from the Past kind of thing for those who liked Gears 2 horde and it play style appose to Horde 2.0. It won't replace Horde 2.0 but will be it own play list for one weekend and hopefully allow us to get a ribbon doing 50 waves.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daulidas

Horde Classic ftw...
    "This is for Valera!"

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by daulidas View Post
    Horde Classic ftw...
    Lol, somebody likes it and welcome to the forums.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThunderCrushR

as long as it would stay in public and not filter into private then It would be ok, but then their would have to be a way to plant more shields as of right now, in 2.0 you can only plant one.

To me it would just promote more rambo and bad habits players bring to public.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCrush View Post
    as long as it would stay in public and not filter into private then It would be ok, but then their would have to be a way to plant more shields as of right now, in 2.0 you can only plant one.

To me it would just promote more rambo and bad habits players bring to public.
    It should stay in Public like all weekend events, I have edited in that we should be able to plant more shields in the OP. As for the people who go all Rambo, you get those no matter what survival mode you get whether it be Horde, Firefight or Zombies, you just have to put up with it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RagingXero

Quote Originally Posted by Timmzy27 View Post
    Not sure what Horde you were playing. I remember everyone grabbing Boom Shields and camping in one spot. Horde 2.0 at least has fortifications that make camping more interesting, rather than just hiding behind shields.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gardan

I'm all for it. Good idea.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RagingXero View Post
    Not sure what Horde you were playing. I remember everyone grabbing Boom Shields and camping in one spot. Horde 2.0 at least has fortifications that make camping more interesting, rather than just hiding behind shields.
    Yeah, but horde 1.0 you HAVE to redeploy yor "fortifications", 2.0 all you have to do is repair them and tey stay as long as they last.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

I think it would be a great event. I'd enjoy it and agree.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xSIMPLE SIMONx PSN ID: BerZerKer95

I guess it'd be fun for a weekend. No mutators as well I take it?
    EVIL DEAD

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by purehatred666 View Post
    I guess it'd be fun for a weekend. No mutators as well I take it?
    Yep, just for a weekend. No mutators. Horde has only had 1 event so far that I can think of which was Ticker Tuesday (which was pants).
    Last edited by Timmzy27; 03-04-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Maybe they could do this on Mar 23rd - 25th just before DLC 4 hits and we get Guardian back, double dose of Gears 2 nostalgia.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eat The Gun LOL

Insane weekly event . Or even better fix the game that way you can vote on dificult like ,normal ,harcore, insane . This will be grate
    38/65 onix medal, 131/132 Ribbons, I need help Whit, I Gotcha ribbons....i need most of the dlc achievements.I LIKE THE BLASS OF MY GNASHER SHOTGUN,,LOL Bot KILLA,,Eat The Gun LOL . I LIKE THE BOOMSHOOT HEAD SHOT THAT EPIC LOL.. .

Gore / OFF

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think we should merely just get the option to disable fortifications.
    Guns
    Lancer & Gnasher
    Classic Dom
    Looking for Commando Dom! And Liquid Green Skin!
    Click here to See my Fan Fiction in Progress!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sounds great.Good idea!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spaceSuicide PSN ID: Nick-Sixx

I'd so play this if it were an event.
    if i wanted to kill myself, i'd f*cking kill myself. shotgun to the dick.
    i'm a locust kinda guy.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darkest Zakk

This idea sounds awesome. I like Horde 2.0, but in some ways it lacks that charm that
    the original Horde mode had...

Take it back to the days of your only fortifications being Boomshields, lol.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: III Hindle III

great idea. be like the old days of gears 2 great memories
    "There goes your singing career"
    Alex Brand headshot [Multiplayer Quote] Gears Fan 2006 to Present/ Gears Veteran Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game
    \\★// {(★)} \\★//

Banned

I would play, but I don't think Epic's control over the mechanics are that extensive.

All that would really be necessary are:
    1. No fortifications
    2. No bosses
    3. Shorter intervals

While not "true" Horde 1.0, it's certainly close enough to be enjoyable.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TJY1972

EDIT 3: Can you (the thread viewer) think up of a name for a ribbon that we unlock for War Supporter for this event? If so comment and tell us.
    Veteran Horder

or

UMAD Horder
    Very big THANKS to...
    EPIC + CHEEZMO619 + Flak + Cher + III LYCAN III + o WU LYF o + o RalstinatoR o + Eyedea + Total Eclipse + Viewing the hue + Yosoypr + SpinelessOyster
    ...you are all AWESOME!!

Special Thanks to
    + III LYCAN III's Daughter +
    + ToxicFlint +

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tyrvas View Post
    Veteran Horder

or

UMAD Horder
    I like UMAD Horder, I thin it should be witty and relate to Gears 2 Horde.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast