Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ashtown king x

Default Gears of War Exile Theory.

Hey I have had this thought for quite a while now so I figured I would share it.

Lately I see a lot of people on here asking how its possible for there to be future DLC's now that gears 3 will reach its 2000 gamerscore limit and how it cant go up more than that.

So what I'm thinking is what if the future DLC IS Gears of War Exile? What I'm thinking is that it would be similar to the way Halo waypoint and Call of Duty Elite works. You can view your stats from all gears games, download extra content etc. What if when you download Gears of War exile it comes up as its own game and any achievements earned will go towards Gears of War Exile not Gears of War 3. I also remember CliffyB tweeted a while back that he is working on something iPod related so what if you could also view Gears of War exile on your iPod? Maybe thats were they would put Skorge or Cyclops up for download.

It sounds realistic enough to me and I'd personally love it as a way of DLC and any future content they decide to put out they release through Gears of War Exile.

What do you guys think of my theory?

EDIT: For those who are unaware of what Gears of War Exile is here is an image http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-...-trademark.jpg

It is yet to be confirmed what this really is.
    Last edited by Ashtown King x; 03-03-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pedder Cheese

I hope thats turns out to be right! But I thought I heard a rumour of exile being Kinect related (maybe supports voice commands?)
    "Don't worry I'm right behind you!"\\★//"All fixed. Thanks to me. Your welcome."
    Big thanks to STILRZBOY for the Jungle Tai

yeah i hope it is what the OP stated. id love to view stats and news in an app.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Sounds ok, but I'd prefer if Gears Exile was the next Gears of War game myself. There has to be another game, too many unanswered questions in Gears 3 ending like

Adam: I can explain about Myrrah
    Marcus: Not now

Myrrah (to Adam): Do you want another genocide on your conscience?!

Also the disc Adam gave Baird what's on it? What about the Sire's? Are they premature Locust that Adam created? I'm hoping for a Gears game that spans across the time era of all 3 games, but from the Locust's perspective and showing Adam and his relationship with Myrrah.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    Sounds ok, but I'd prefer if Gears Exile was the next Gears of War game myself. There has to be another game, too many unanswered questions in Gears 3 ending like

Also the disc Adam gave Baird what's on it? What about the Sire's? Are they premature Locust that Adam created? I'm hoping for a Gears game that spans across the time era of all 3 games, but from the Locust's perspective and showing Adam and his relationship with Myrrah.
    the next book will probably explain a lot. not everything, but its always good to leave your readers guessing

Exile was supposed to be a kinetic title that got shelved. Is not uncommon for companies to copyright titles just as a holder, even if nothing s in development.

Myrrah (to Adam): Do you want another genocide on your conscience?!.
    This is easily explained. Adams hammer technology was used to deny locust control, killing millions of humans in the process. That's genocide 1. Genocide 2 was taking out the locust.
    Last edited by NFI; 03-03-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    Exile was supposed to be a kinetic title that got shelved. Is not uncommon for companies to copyright titles just as a holder, even if nothing s in development.
    was that ever confirmed, or is it just what the rumors are saying?

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OpTiMuS HeAlEy

erm the hammer of dawn launch not a genocide to you ?
    This wont hurt abit ... You'll just die !!!
    26/10/2011 I Got My Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    was that ever confirmed, or is it just what the rumors are saying?
    Kotaku had a hands on build of an older version of the game, it was intended as an on rails shooter.

http://m.geek.com/geekdotcom/#!/entr...f9bda06800019e

http://www.1up.com/news/gears-war-ki...-rails-shooter

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Healey View Post
    erm the hammer of dawn launch not a genocide to you ?
    Could be, but

a) it was Prescott who authorized the Hammer strikes
    b) that wasn't killing the entire human population, so strictly speaking it wasn't a genocide

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Shad0wfiend x

That would be great!

Could be, but

b) that wasn't killing the entire human population, so strictly speaking it wasn't a genocide
    It was Adams weapon, so he is very much responsible, and genocide doesn't have to be an entire population, just a very large number of a group of people. The holocaust was a genocide, another example is the Armenian genocide in the mid 1890s.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

It was Adams weapon, and genocide doesn't have to be an entire population, just a very large number of a group of people.
    Ok, rule out the genocide bit. We still don't know what Adam knows about Myrrah, and we still don't know what's on the disc.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OpTiMuS HeAlEy

Could be, but

hmm maybe but it was adam who created it, he also had the idea for jacinto
    i dont think genocide is killing a whole race ! but you could be right my mind just cant handle all these possible twists
    i am interested to see whats on the disk though
    This wont hurt abit ... You'll just die !!!
    26/10/2011 I Got My Wings

Ok, rule out the genocide bit. We still don't know what Adam knows about Myrrah, and we still don't know what's on the disc.
    The disc intrigues me. I think myrrah is in actualty Ruth, from new hope. This is the beauty of leaving unanswered questions though

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Coffey II

That will most likely be covered in the last book. If they covered everything in the game, the book wouldn't have as much to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by II Coffey II View Post
    That will most likely be covered in the last book. If they covered everything in the game, the book wouldn't have as much to go on.
    The bulk of the book is before gears 1, from my understanding it does not elaborate on the end of gears 3. It's purely back story, but Marcus centered.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MVViking71

what if it was about Marcus time in prison (as DLC)..hence the slab map..then next book will be called the slab..and the term exile means too cast out ..which marcus was after he disobeyed orders too go and save his dad..he was put into prison as his exile
    "Some have said that war is hell. War is not hell... for in hell, innocence is spared."- Tai Kaliso

“i'd rather people hate me for who i am, then have them like me for who im not” - Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by mvviking71 View Post
    what if it was about Marcus time in prison (as DLC)..hence the slab map..then next book will be called the slab..and the term exile means too cast out ..which marcus was after he disobeyed orders too go and save his dad..he was put into prison as his exile
    The game had an early build that was set to debut on the spike awards but never turned up. It was a full fledged game, not DLC.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

If it's in a book it should be in a game. They can't just leave people who only play the games with unanswered questions, but that's my opinion

If it's in a book it should be in a game. They can't just leave people who only play the games with unanswered questions, but that's my opinion
    Well sadly that's not how it works. For ppl who didn't read any of the books they probably ad no clue how they wound up on a boat. Fans have to take some initiative.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ashtown king x

I see that Gears of War Exile might of originally been for Kinect but who's to say my theory still couldnt happen obviously it would come with a different name.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

The game had an early build that was set to debut on the spike awards but never turned up. It was a full fledged game, not DLC.
    i know this but maybe they changed there mind on this
    "Some have said that war is hell. War is not hell... for in hell, innocence is spared."- Tai Kaliso

“i'd rather people hate me for who i am, then have them like me for who im not” - Kurt Cobain

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Kotaku had a hands on build of an older version of the game, it was intended as an on rails shooter.

http://m.geek.com/geekdotcom/#!/entr...f9bda06800019e

http://www.1up.com/news/gears-war-ki...-rails-shooter
    those links dont confirm anything. they said the gears of war kinect game was real, but everything else is just rumor, including the on-rails part. they even say they have no idea what exile was, but only speculate a possible connection

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

The bulk of the book is before gears 1, from my understanding it does not elaborate on the end of gears 3. It's purely back story, but Marcus centered.

The book will probably be like the others.... It will have them finding out what is on the disk etc and Marcus sitting down with Anya and telling her about what happened in "the Slab". Here is what Karen said:

"The fifth Gears of War novel is THE SLAB and it'll be out in May 2012 from gallery Books. Yes, it's about Marcus Fenix and his time in The Slab, the COG's maximum security prison, so we're flashing back to before Gears 1. Find out what really happened when Marcus slugged Hoffman. And it'll answer some questions left in Gears 3 about Adam Fenix."

Die hard fans mostly read the books anyway. The books have already given loads of info that the games don't. In fact most of the Gears universe and character back stories come from the books.

The books have far better character development and story development than the games. Especially Gears 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mvviking71 View Post
    i know this but maybe they changed there mind on this
    Doesn't seem like it. W the gears team on fortnight and mike caps talking about taking a break from gears, all signs point to nothing until next gen. But who knows, hey I hope your right, the more campaign dlc the better.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Well sadly that's not how it works. For ppl who didn't read any of the books they probably ad no clue how they wound up on a boat. Fans have to take some initiative.
    Meh, it's for money anyway for EPIC so that will probably be enough incentive to make another game...

The book will probably be like the others.... It will have them finding out what is on the disk etc and Marcus sitting down with Anya and telling her about what happened in "the Slab". Here is what Karen said:

"The fifth Gears of War novel is THE SLAB and it'll be out in May 2012 from gallery Books. Yes, it's about Marcus Fenix and his time in The Slab, the COG's maximum security prison, so we're flashing back to before Gears 1. Find out what really happened when Marcus slugged Hoffman. And it'll answer some questions left in Gears 3 about Adam Fenix."
    Yea but I think that means as far as what he did prior to all of this, meeting myyrah, the events up to e day etc. given the fact the books story is taking place before gears 1( not flashing back) I'm willing to wager you won't hear about the disc . the current book were dated in the present flashing back to the past, not like ths one.

We will see.
    Last edited by NFI; 03-03-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

the book will more than likely follow the same line as the previous books; it'll go back and forth between time periods. it will flash between present time, and the past

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

the book will more than likely follow the same line as the previous books; it'll go back and forth between time periods. it will flash between present time, and the past
    This is what I was going to reply. I doubt very much it would just be constantly in the past. It would ruin the theme of the books.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

hey coffey come too the club house for a minute

Karen said via twitter it is one contained time frame before gears 1. So it can't have flash forward events to things that never technically happened yet.

This is what I was going to reply. I doubt very much it would just be constantly in the past. It would ruin the theme of the books.
    See above. Karen said it herself, it is very much a contained story and time frame.

Edit: recent tweet

“@Scoobythebeast: @karentraviss Is The Slab going to have a secondary story line in another time period like the other 4 Gears novels?”

“@karentraviss: @Scoobythebeast No, The Slab is one timeline.”

Some others...

“@karentraviss: @ykobets No, there's no flashforward in The Slab. But events in Gears 3 will look very different when you see what happened years earlier.”

“@karentraviss: @Benedict_Perry That's it. How Marcus ends up in prison, what happens to him, and the effect his actions have on others during that period.”

those links dont confirm anything. they said the gears of war kinect game was real, but everything else is just rumor, including the on-rails part. they even say they have no idea what exile was, but only speculate a possible connection
    Your right, but in msny cases these 'rumors' usually are spot on. Everything in gaming is speculation until you hold it. Kotaku is a reputable source, not to mention every major gaming outlet was saying the same thing, and there was an image in the article posted. They had a copy of an early build. It pulled from the spike awards at the last minute. Exile is not campaign DLC. Its a game in limbo.

I want DLC as much as anyone but it's not what that was.
    Last edited by NFI; 03-03-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

Karen said via twitter it is one contained time frame before gears 1. So it can't have flash forward events to things that never technically happened yet.

See above. Karen said it herself, it is very much a contained story and time frame.
    Edit: recent tweet

“@Scoobythebeast: @karentraviss Is The Slab going to have a secondary story line in another time period like the other 4 Gears novels?”

“@karentraviss: @Scoobythebeast No, The Slab is one timeline.”

Some others...

“@karentraviss: @ykobets No, there's no flashforward in The Slab. But events in Gears 3 will look very different when you see what happened years earlier.”

“@karentraviss: @Benedict_Perry That's it. How Marcus ends up in prison, what happens to him, and the effect his actions have on others during that period.”

Your right, but in msny cases these 'rumors' usually are spot on. Everything in gaming is speculation until you hold it. Kotaku is a reputable source, not to mention every major gaming outlet was saying the same thing, and there was an image in the article posted. They had a copy of an early build. It pulled from the spike awards at the last minute. Exile is not campaign DLC. Its a game in limbo.

I want DLC as much as anyone but it's not what that was.
    All valid points, and I agree with all but the reliable sources bit because the other articles just seems like copies of the first one. Just like the articles of Gears 3 being Kinect compatible.
    \\★// GhostofDelta2 \\★//
    My idea for a shorter Horde varation

Gears 1 1250/1250 - Gears 1(PC) 1000/1000 - Gears 2 1750/1750 - Gears 3 2000/2000 - Gears Judas 1320/1500

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofdelta2 View Post
    All valid points, and I agree with all but the reliable sources bit because the other articles just seems like copies of the first one. Just like the articles of Gears 3 being Kinect compatible.
    No matter what your talking about everything in gaming is always "rumor",and if it's nt directly refuted they always seem to end up being right. If kotaku says they messed w an earlier build, it's about as good as gold w their credibility. The one about gears 3 being kinect compatible, Microsoft and epic quickly shot it down, they never did so w this. That tells me something.

We shall see.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

If they do release Gears Kinect, I guess I'm shelling out money for a Kinect...

If they do release Gears Kinect, I guess I'm shelling out money for a Kinect...
    Lol I'll be in line right behind you.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Lol I'll be in line right behind you.
    Don't say that, if I do decide to buy a Kinect for Gears I'll be constantly looking behind me lol....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GimmeGamerscore

You've given us hope.
    Join the EGFC, largest group on the forums!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: zimaknights

I'm hoping gears of war exile is an rpg style of gears. Or it might be a stratgey game like halo wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xombie Cow View Post
    GoW3 is like crack. Terrible and super bad for you on paper. But phenomenal once you're roped in.
    Keep things simple, Gnasher and Lancer loadout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast