Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BRADEN OWNZ

Well the SOS and Retro are the game's current easy kill weapons, and are cheap.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

I've gotten more hate mail on other games than this one. I actually find the Gears community to be pretty cool overall compared to other "mainstream" games.

My personnal opinion on why people hate on retro/SO is because many people feel that if the other person wasn't using that weapon that they would not have killed them. This may not always be true but it's what they tell themselves. I'm guilty of this too, usually when i get mudsucked by a Retro user. Die and learn is what i tell myself.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iants

I got someone calling me a Lancer c***t the other day and was told to play a different game! I then killed the guy with my Gnasher and he promptly left! I always load out with Gnasher and Lancer as I can't use the Retro and S/O for Jack not that I'm some sort of Gnasher wall bouncing God either, but I'll use it when I get into close quarters (which I take it's meant for?)

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Flopadopkis

I got hated on the other day because I was AFK for a minute in Zeta KOTH. Then I proceeded to when the match, using my sawed off and lancer almost exclusively. I was still dogged on BY MY TEAMMATES, who said I was trying to earn MVP by caps
    1. How is leading the team a stigma?
    2. How is helping you guys win a bad thing?
    3. I had 3 less caps then the two of them, and twice as many kills.

TL;DR the community hates you.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SnubbbS

Only awful players use the sawed-off so I can't see why anyone would complain about it, it's not like you lose games because of it. It's just rather annoying sometimes. Retro is pretty annoying all the time, but not as useful as a lancer.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lumomancy

Quote Originally Posted by LEGI0N47 View Post

My personnal opinion on why people hate on retro/SO is because many people feel that if the other person wasn't using that weapon that they would not have killed them. This may not always be true but it's what they tell themselves. I'm guilty of this too, usually when i get mudsucked by a Retro user. Die and learn is what i tell myself.
    I have no problem with dying. If I get killed by a Lancer or a Gnasher I know that I was outplayed. The enemy was better than I was. No problem.
    The only problem is, I know that if I die to a Retro Lancer I know that person did not outplay me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire MLG View Post
    lol GoW3 wasn't picked up for eSports so what makes you think that the more casual version will?
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx bomber View Post
    BTTE players are scared of wingman because they have to move.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FourteenGrain

Quote Originally Posted by sosvet View Post
    "in the hands of a vet who knows what he is doing these weapons become very effective. so why wouldn't i use them."
    That is why.

The Retro and SOS were admitted to be crutch weapons for new players who couldn't play on the level of the good players.
    When vets use the weapons, they have to put less coordination into their kills. They are basically used by lazy people. There's nothing more to it.
    Playing Gears 3 since release!

You respect me and I'll respect you.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FLaW ChRiS

Quote Originally Posted by Omen Gear View Post
    Because of the cry babie Gnasher boys that Epic gives into.
    I'm pretty sure they gave into the rifle heads first with the introduction of stopping power and the slaughter of a job they did with the gnasher in Gears 2. But hey I only played all the games since gears 1 constantly day by day so I must be a gnasher lover. That seems to be the stereotype and the taboo on these forums.
    Top 200 Gears of War 1 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 20 Gears of War 2 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 5 Gears of War 3 Ranked Execution.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by HybridGr View Post
    That is why.

The Retro and SOS were admitted to be crutch weapons for new players who couldn't play on the level of the good players.
    When vets use the weapons, they have to put less coordination into their kills. They are basically used by lazy people. There's nothing more to it.
    kinda true,retro is so damn easy to use i dont feel like using other rifle :S

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Espada Muerta

Quote Originally Posted by HybridGr View Post
    That is why.

I'm a very lazy vet, but don't get it twisted I switch to my Gnasher and Lancer when I feel challenged by another player or team even if it is rare to feel outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by FLaW ChRiS View Post
    I'm pretty sure they gave into the rifle heads first with the introduction of stopping power and the slaughter of a job they did with the gnasher in Gears 2. But hey I only played all the games since gears 1 constantly day by day so I must be a gnasher lover. That seems to be the stereotype and the taboo on these forums.
    Stopping power has been around since Gears 1 so I don't see why it's a big deal now in Gears 3, I wish Epic will just not mess with the game anymore they had a beta to get it right but I feel like this is still a beta so I guess I should get my flaming skins.
    GEARS OF WAR JUDGEMENT
    Jungle Tai(Cell Shaded)/Female Onyx Guard(Mummy)
    Gnasher(Big Game)/Lancer(XBOX)

MSgt. Shooter Person

The SoS nerf for one. The new Gnasher heavy favored Alpha and Zeta playlist that is enough right there to say that they gave into the cry babies.

So their is Zeta, thats 1 playlist. Their are 7 other playlists without loadout restrictions. How is that giving in?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm a very lazy vet, but don't get it twisted I switch to my Gnasher and Lancer when I feel challenged by another player or team even if it is rare to feel outplayed.

Stopping power has been around since Gears 1 so I don't see why it's a big deal now in Gears 3, I wish Epic will just not mess with the game anymore they had a beta to get it right but I feel like this is still a beta so I guess I should get my flaming skins.
    There was no stopping power in gears 1 Mr. "VET"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Their was no stopping power in Gears 1. Some vet you are.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    at work getting paid to talk to you on here

i agree the gnasher is better than the sos but when i pull off a quinn with one shot it makes me smile. so i go with the sos. and maybe i am just lazy for using the retro but in my opinion it's the best overall weapon in the game. the active retro when aimed right can kill at a good distance. medium to long range.
    Thanks III Lycan III for the Com Dom code.... also for hours spent on slab!! Thanks to CaptainSlayer for my jungle tai

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I JUST ENDED U

I play ZETA. By the way I feel a lot of people didn't enjoy the gameplay of gears one..For shame
    I CAN PRESS BUTTONS

Montage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nVLpeS78cI

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SweeeterTundra

Everyone are entitled to utilize whatever weapon they want. But please, please, do not claim your skilled whilst utilizing the sawed off. Yes you can utilize it. Yes you can abuse it. Yes you can probably roll over me with it etc because you're so insanely good. But no, you cannot say it requires any skill. It is a fun weapon to utilize because it is a power weapon you spawn with.
    Go ahead, tell me how gnasher is OP/too powerful/too easy to wield/is easily mastered/boring. Keep utilizing it. No problem, but do not try to convince others (or yourself) it requires skill. (except from movement, but I do not see this as unique for the Sawed off as you need movement for most weapons + dodging)

My opinions.
    Claiming you're skilled whilst playing with the Sawed-off is like claiming you're an architect because you're good at building Lego.. (Not the case anymore - after nerfing - but I still like the quote )
    If you need any help on the forums, feel free to check out: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...m-(dictionary)

Proud member of ~SicaRius
    Please contact me or visit

http://www.sicariusclan.com/home

if you are interested in joining.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sosvet View Post
    people in this game try to base skill level on choice of weapons. why is this if i prefer the retro to the lancer and the sos to the gnasher i get hate messages and called a noob. how do these weapons make me less skilled. in the hands of a vet who knows what he is doing these weapons become very effective. so why wouldn't i use them.
    Where have you been, the SOS requires very little aim and is a 1 shot kill in melee range. It's an effortless weapons and thats why its hated on.

Demonstrated here

The retro is pretty much the same thing, in a game based around cqc the Retro dominates with little effort.

Before you post something re-read your post and take a minute to think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12