Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UnrealJACKO

Default EXTREME LAG! Rubberbanding/Bullet hit delay etc. Unplayable...

*EDIT* - I will keep this thread open for anyone experiencing the same issues I had, mine are now resolved. Read threads for any solutions and see if that helps you -

The past 3 days I have experienced extreme amounts of lag, I know it's not my internet because we have 2 computers and a laptop in the house that work fine without any disconnections. Up to level 61 playing Gears Of War 3 online, I have had absolutely no issues. So I find myself rather confused when all of a sudden I can't find a single game where I am unable to move in a straight line for more than 3 seconds or shoot someone without the delay of my bullets hitting them. I am constantly rubberbanding and teleporting all over the place, it is quite literally unplayable. Sometimes I will join a game and think, 'oh that round went smoothly' then when the next round loads im back to the same problems and unable to complete a full online match. For the past 3 days I've been hoping it might sort itself out and I actually thought it may have been my xbox 360 wireless adaptor (which is now broken). But after using a spare we have which is in perfect condition, that doesn't solve the problem either. I am lost with what to do, I have tried everything! I have cleaned my disc, installed it to hard drive, re-configured my network and restarted my router countless times. I have seen similar posts on this posted a while ago, so I was hoping there is a solution by now or at least someone professional from Epic Games support can help? I live in the UK and both player-hosted/dedicated servers makes no difference to the lag I suffer. If this doesn't change then I will never be able to play Gears Of War 3 online again.. (its that bad!) PLEASE HELP ME.

Map Name: Any
    Game Type: Any
    Location (where in the Level, where in the menus, etc.): During an online match (Versus, Beast and Horde).
    Were you in a Party?: It makes no difference, the same thing happens to me both in a party and alone.
    If so, how many were in your party?: 1-2 max.
    How did you join? (invite, join button in party panel, blade, etc.: Versus multiplayer lobby.
    How did you leave?: In-game menu, the game is unplayable so it would be pointless for me to try (although I have still tried countless times).
    Ranked or Public or Both?: Both.
    Was this in your first match or after transition?: Every match.
    What was happening right before the issue occurred?: What is your NAT type?: Open.
    Last edited by UnrealJACKO; 03-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Revengful Rio

Hi there,this sounds like a router problem...
    Try putting the xbox's mac address into the routers "allow access" list..and give the xbox a static IP address and connect using an ethernet cable..Also you may try changing your locale in the xbox settings section..I had this problem with GOW2 and this rectified the problem..if I can think of any other issue that might be of help I shall PM you..

Sorry to hear of your problem

Regards
    Papa

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Unfortunately I am not too sure how I would do that. I am not very technical, could you possibly explain how I can do that? The router is downstairs and my xbox is upstairs, we can't run an ethernet cable. What should I try changing my locale to? Thank you very much for your suggestions, I am sorry i'm not much help knowledge-wise.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hi can you please tell me the name of your router (eg Cisco,Peak etc) model number.

This link is helpful if you can access the router.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-l...used-xbox-live

Regards
    Papa
    Last edited by Papa Midnite; 03-02-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

I have a BT Homehub 2.0, it's always been really good until now.
    But what has me confused is all my other games are fine? So why am I only having this problem with Gears Of War 3?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: crowfive

Well I know at least last night that the dedicated servers were down, so if you got into a game you'd get lag issues for sure. You can see from this post that other people were having issues too:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...game-currently

I only saw people from the US post on that thread, so I'm not sure about the UK, but I know you guys also get lag in general. Also, I didn't notice problems with matchmaking before last night at all, so that wouldn't explain why you've had issues for a few days.

One other thing is that that you can run a network line, in essence, to your upstairs and stop using wireless for your xbox connection. You can use something called a powerline network adapter. They work by running your internet through your home electrical wiring. I'm not sure if they make them with plugs for UK outlets but here's what you'd be looking for:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...ubCategory=294

You'll get better network speeds using one of these over a wireless connection. Might help.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Thank you very much for that information Crowfive, appreciate it. However I still don't think my net or connection from my router to my xbox wireless adaptor is the problem. If it was then surely other games would be having the same problem right? It's also been fine, like I mentioned until I got to level 61 so that's a fair amount of online games I've been absolutely fine playing. I usually play ranked TDM, as I have none of the DLC these are player-hosted. But recently I had been playing with an American friend on 'player's choice', being the only dedicated server available to those without the DLC. It just doesn't make sense?
    Last edited by UnrealJACKO; 03-02-2012 at 12:49 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: crowfive

Yeah I agree, I don't think it's your internet either; I was mostly just pointing out that you're not tied to using wireless for your upstairs connections if you didn't want to. I thinks it's just a gears server problem at the moment.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I fear crow is correct in his thinking...gears has been a bit up and down in relation to their net code from GOW 1...it's not as smooth as others (eg halo) but there must be an answer or solution to your problem,,I will research it as much as I can and get back to you...Any suggestions from other forum users would be appreicated..

Regards

Papa

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Thank you to both of you guys, you have been very helpful and I appreciate all the information you're giving me. I'm sorry I'm not much help, I'm not really used to dealing with anything too complicated. Unfortunately wireless is my only option, but it has been fine until now. So at least if it's a problem on the server's end, I know it's not just me. I'm just finding it hard to understand, because even player-hosted games are just as bad and they never used to lagg for me so I can't be coming across hosts with poor connections that often can I? I will check it every now and then and let you know if there is any improvement. Right now I can't access xbox live anyway, so by the time I'm back on hopefully it will have been resolved. Again, thank's alot

MSgt. Shooter Person

Trust me you are not alone on this problem, i have virgin media 50meg with a ping of around 15ms with no jitter (no lost packets) yet i find in every match if you jump past another player they end up shooting you dead anyway which is extremly annoying! Also dont know if anyone else has noticed but say you dominate round 1, when it comes to round 2, you find yourself really struggling, i now call round 2 the handicap round!.

As far as i can see in this thread there is no mention of open ports which lets your xbox communicate with live and other servers without any hiccups connection wise, are your ports open?
    Also please bear in mind with any wireless adapter/connection you will lose a few packets of info and there is nothing you can do about it, this could be caused by your neighbour turning on their hoover!! trust me some hoovers do mess with wireless connections, that is only an example, mobile phones are the biggest problem, as mostly all smart phones are continusly connected and downloading/uploading data which could contribute to your problems, especially if they are auto updating any apps you have, and for example you ony have a 10mb line.

As for the BT home hub or anything you get from any BB company is a load of tosh! get yourself a decent router and plug that into the BT homehub and disable the wireless on the hub that way its not overloading itself which can happen! as i find any modem/router in one are just not upto the task! stand alone routers are designed for one task and one task only, to divert information to different sources, mix it up with a modem and ya going to have problems, keep it simple stand alone modem to stand alone router and ya cant go wrong!
    but with BT i dont think they do stand alone modems.

Hope it gets better for you but for now all you can do is game on!

Regards

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Thank you very much for your suggestions Bigwilkey, but my BT Home Hub has always been brilliant. I really don't think its anything to do with my net at all, as mentioned in the previous post I now believe it is down to the Gears Of War servers. I am currently online and have noticed 'Player's Choice' is missing? Also, I am not getting the message for missing required DLC for the dedicated servers on other game types. Have they introduced them to everyone? If so maybe this is to address the problem I've been having and they must have giving the servers some attention. I will get back to you if the problem is resolved. And yes, I do believe my ports are open but how could I check that for you? Thank you for your input

MSgt. Shooter Person

i have had 2 threads deleted recently for talking about Server issues. There IS currently a problem in the UK with the servers, and the game is near unplayable for a lot of us. All of my friends are complaining about it, plus those i chat to in the the lobby before and after games. Right now the game is playing like Gears 2 in the UK, and I will no longer play it if the issues are not fixed. I will also be looking to get a refund on the points I have spent on the DLC, as right now the game is not fit for purpose online.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

That is a well posted thread Carmine, I feel exactly the same. Yesterday I had a game that was fine, but it was only against bots so I imagine I can get away with that. Obviously I can't expect to find a game full of bots all the time though and to be honest I wouldn't want to. I just tried a game less than 5 minutes ago on 'Player's Choice' Dedicated Servers and as soon as the round started I was disconnected from xbox live. That may lead people to think there is a problem with my connection but it is fine with everything else and Co-Op Campaign so that can't be the case. Maybe the lagg triggers it? I don't know. But I share the same thoughts as you and if Gears Of War 3 continues to be unplayable for us in the UK then I won't even bother with it in the future. Thank god I didn't buy any DLC!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ph34r my 5ki1LZ

last few days i played with some guys who didnt have the FR Maps, and me and my friends were experiencing MAYOR LAG on non-FR maps when i was playing TDM. everything went bad! sponging , bullet delay for 2 secs. and then i played it on the FR-maps again , and it was gone.
    ph34r my 5ki1LZ LVL : 90
    ZETA-team "Alicia Valera" : Shiny Red Omen Gnasher / Shiney red Omen Lancer
    Locust "Theron Elite" : Shiny Ref Omen Gnasher / Golden Omen Lancer
    71/72 Achievements
    Seriously 3.0 : 32/65 Onyx Medals

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Hmm maybe that's the issue then, seems stupid though if that's the cause of it. Almost like it's deliberate in an attempt to make more money off the players! As if they don't make enough money off of us already, they have already forced most of us to buy the DLC just for the dedicated servers. But I am still in belief that it is a problem the UK are having

Iron Guard

FIX THIS.

PLEASE PLAY OFFLINE AND EXPERIENCE HOW GEARS SHOULD BE WORKING

I HAVE PLAYED GEARS 3 FOR SEVERAL WEEKS WITH LAG AND TENSION. PLAYING OFFLINE WAS A RELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF

100%% TRUUUU.....

Please fix this, seriously? Offline feels much better, bullets hit, everything is perfect.
    Savage Kantus [Y], Adam Fenix [Y], Savage Grenadier Elite [Y], Commando Dom [Y], Mechanic Baird [Y], Cole Train [Y], Flaming Skins [Y], Gold Retro Lancer [Y], Infected Omen [Y], Season Pass Holder [Y]
    Gears Of War 3 | Level: 400/400
    «[☆]» | K/D: 2.8 | W/L 7.5 | Brutal Legend

Thanks Gnashes for my Emergence Baird code ;]]
    I <3 Gears 3 ¬‿¬ 

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

I have been able to play online recently without any lagg, just thought I would let you guys know so you can ignore this post.

I don't know if this was the issue, as silly as it may sound but I folded the antenna on my Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor and it stopped all lagg? Strange
    Level 69
    Dizzy/Myrrah - Crimson Omen Hammerburst/Gnasher
    - Seriously
    - Seriously 2.0
    - Seriously 3.0 (in progress)

Iron Guard

I feel like killing myself, it's really smooth offline. I feel like everything is slow, and delayed online.

I teleport
    Bullets don't hit
    Ink grenades miss
    Shooting chainsaws with a gnasher close does nothing
    Shooting chainsaws long range with a gnasher active reload does nothing
    Shotting chainsaw with sawnoff does nothing you only hear the sound and still get killed
    Hitting places where players aren't gets you a kill it's like you have to gauge the lag.

Please fix.
    Savage Kantus [Y], Adam Fenix [Y], Savage Grenadier Elite [Y], Commando Dom [Y], Mechanic Baird [Y], Cole Train [Y], Flaming Skins [Y], Gold Retro Lancer [Y], Infected Omen [Y], Season Pass Holder [Y]
    Gears Of War 3 | Level: 400/400
    «[☆]» | K/D: 2.8 | W/L 7.5 | Brutal Legend

Thanks Gnashes for my Emergence Baird code ;]]
    I <3 Gears 3 ¬‿¬ 

Default :(

I am having the same problem now ever since i got to level 60 i started lagging. at first i thought it was my internet but it works fine when im playing other games online. i cant play me some gears at least for one match with out lagging ever second! i dont know if i wanna keep playing this game cause i love it but hopefully they solve this problem by the time the new dlc comes out cause if i dont get to play me the best game type ( guardian ) in the game now then i think ima just stop playing gears!

Last night i was playing a couple games and the amount sponging was ridiculous..

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Since my last post I have been able to play fine without any lagg whatsoever. Refer to my last post, because as strange as it may sound it definitely helped and I noticed the difference straight away. If any of you are using the Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor, then push the antenna down (not up) and see if that does anything? You may need to restart your Xbox, funny how such a small thing made the difference for me
    Level 69
    Dizzy/Myrrah - Crimson Omen Hammerburst/Gnasher
    - Seriously
    - Seriously 2.0
    - Seriously 3.0 (in progress)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Raam™ View Post
    FIX THIS.

PLEASE PLAY OFFLINE AND EXPERIENCE HOW GEARS SHOULD BE WORKING

I HAVE PLAYED GEARS 3 FOR SEVERAL WEEKS WITH LAG AND TENSION. PLAYING OFFLINE WAS A RELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF

100%% TRUUUU.....

Please fix this, seriously? Offline feels much better, bullets hit, everything is perfect.
    You cant really compare online to offline, as im sure its somewhere it states Online Gameplay May Vary, i think the oonly reason they have to put this is simply the fact the internet as a whole is not perfect and does not resemble offline play but something very close to it.