Default Fixed Cicada position?

So I am pretty new to UDK, I am familiar with kismet but not unreal script. I would like to know if it is possible (and fairly easy) to fix a cicada (or any Vehicle) to a certain point while still making it useable. I've built a hangar level and would like a cicada's guns to fire but have the cicada itself stay fixed (as if its hooked up to a crane or something). The cheapest work around is to try and use blocking volumes, but that feels like an odd way to do it. Even better would be to disable the cicada's movement all together, stopping the gust effect, but messing with script/custom meshes and vehicles is out of scope for this project.

Searched for a topic like this but came up with posts about making custom and auto target turrets.

Cheers,
    -Quaido

MSgt. Shooter Person

You can reduce it's speed to next to nothing by using the "Modify Property" node. Action -> Object Property -> Modify Property. Here I'm setting the AirSpeed property to 0, which as you may notice when you play, it now travels at almost nothing. I haven't quite figured out where that extra bit of movement is coming from though. An extra force parameter maybe or something? If I come across it I'll give ya a shout.

Marrow Fiend

or you could make a stationary turret using the cicada mesh, basically a utvehicle without any movement, here's what i use, which might have been copied from UT3 !!!!

Code:
    /**
     * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
     * Bodged by Geodav for UT40k
     */

class UTVehicle_SM_TurretHeavyBolters extends UTVehicle;

simulated function VehicleWeaponImpactEffects(vector HitLocation, int SeatIndex)
    {
    	local ParticleSystemComponent E;
    	local rotator HitDir;
    	local vector EffectLocation;

Super.VehicleWeaponImpactEffects(HitLocation, SeatIndex);

if (SeatIndex == 0)
    	{
    		EffectLocation = GetEffectLocation(SeatIndex);

HitDir = rotator(HitLocation - EffectLocation);

E = WorldInfo.MyEmitterPool.SpawnEmitter(ParticleSystem'VH_SM_RhinoV.Effects.P_RhinoBolterTracer', EffectLocation, HitDir);
    		E.SetVectorParameter('BeamEndPoint', HitLocation);
    	}
    }

defaultproperties
    {

Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
    		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_Turret_UT40k.Mesh.SK_VH_SM_TurretHeavyBolters'
    		AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'VH_Turret_UT40k.Anims.AT_VH_SM_TurretHeavyBolters'
    		PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'VH_Turret_UT40k.Mesh.PA_VH_SM_TurretHeavyBolters'
    		Translation=(Z=20)
    		Scale=1.0
    	End Object

DrivingAnim=Hellbender_Idle_Sitting

FlagOffset=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=25.0)
    	FlagBone=Weapon

Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder
    		CollisionRadius=100.000000
    		CollisionHeight=10.0
    		Translation=(Z=10.0)
    	End Object

Seats(0)={(	GunClass=class'UTVWeap_SM_TurretHeavyBolters',
    			GunSocket=(GunFireLeft,GunFireRight),
    			TurretVarPrefix="",
    			TurretControls=(SMTHBYawControl,SMTHBPitchControl),
    			CameraTag=CameraViewSocket,
    			bSeatVisible=true,
    			GunPivotPoints=(Turret_Base),
    			CameraEyeHeight=5,
    			bSeatVisible=False,
    			SeatBone=Weapon,
    			SeatOffset=(X=36,Z=23),
    			SeatRotation=(Pitch=1820),
    			WeaponEffects=((SocketName=GunFireLeft,Offset=(X=-35,Y=-3),Scale3D=(X=4.0,Y=4.5,Z=4.5)),(SocketName=GunFireRight,Offset=(X=-35,Y=-3),Scale3D=(X=4.0,Y=4.5,Z=4.5)))
    	)}

VehicleEffects(0)=(EffectStartTag=HBTurretFire_01,EffectTemplate=ParticleSystem'WP_SM_Bolter.Effects.P_WP_Bolter_Muzzle_Flash',EffectSocket=GunFireLeft)
    	VehicleEffects(1)=(EffectStartTag=HBTurretFire_02,EffectTemplate=ParticleSystem'WP_SM_Bolter.Effects.P_WP_Bolter_Muzzle_Flash',EffectSocket=GunFireRight)

TargetLocationAdjustment=(x=0.0,y=0.0,z=55.0)

VehicleEffects(3)=(EffectStartTag=DamageSmoke,EffectEndTag=NoDamageSmoke,bRestartRunning=false,EffectTemplate=ParticleSystem'Envy_Effects.Vehicle_Damage.P_Vehicle_Damage_1_Scorpion',EffectSocket=DamageSmoke_01)

SpawnMaterialLists[0]=(Materials=(MaterialInterface'VH_Turret_UT40k.Materials.MI_SM_Turrets_VRed_Spawn'))
    	SpawnMaterialLists[1]=(Materials=(MaterialInterface'VH_Turret_UT40k.Materials.MI_SM_Turrets_VBlue_Spawn'))

TeamMaterials[0]=MaterialInstanceConstant'VH_Turret_UT40k.Materials.MI_SM_Turrets_VRed'
    	TeamMaterials[1]=MaterialInstanceConstant'VH_Turret_UT40k.Materials.MI_SM_Turrets_VBlue'

BurnOutMaterial[0]=MaterialInterface'VH_Turret_UT40k.Materials.MITV_SM_Turrets_VRed_BO'
    	BurnOutMaterial[1]=MaterialInterface'VH_Turret_UT40k.Materials.MITV_SM_Turrets_VBlue_BO'

HudCoords=(U=92,V=249,UL=-92,VL=118)

CollisionSound=SoundCue'A_Vehicle_Manta.SoundCues.A_Vehicle_Manta_Collide'

}
    don't forget you'll have to make the vehiclefactory code class as well
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UDK
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials
    UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
    UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons