Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mach1545

Quote Originally Posted by C0leTrained View Post
    Ahhh people can be so dumb
    You need to realize people have their own opinions and don't think the campaign is as good as YOU think it is.

I thought the campaign was a bit on the bland side, honestly.
    You made the mistake you judge a man by his race/You go through life with egg on your face.
    You woke up in the morning with a peculiar feeling/You looked up and saw egg dripping from the ceiling.
    -Beastie Boys

http://i44.tinypic.com/s1j9lj.jpg -Thank you, Chaosweaver22

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sid Sketch

I agree with what your saying Gears 3 campaign was not the best but it did have a lot of good emotional parts which was alright i enjoyed the story the first time i played it but i would not replay it ever.... I think Gears 2 was the best (in my opinion) but gars 3 yeah you had to look for fuel for 3 acts i mean really? i didn't like that at all it bores me if i want to play it again. Gears 2 campaign i would play forever i never get bored of that Gears 1 i would play it more than Gears 3 I'm sorry i just don't see the fun in Gears 3 campaign after you beat it the first time. Something that pissed me off tough was how the Lambent was EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! it dint bother me that they were in the game it just bothered me that they basically replaced the locust cause the locust were barley in the game honestly. so on a scale from 1-10 I'd say it was a 6 at the most. it also made me very angry that Clayton Carmine wasn't even in the game he was only there for 5 chapters at the most.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgtxmfenix

Hey guys if you want to really check out what gears 3 campaign should of been like check out the post in my signature.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

I guess it's all preference, but I like the campaign alot.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4u2s0t

plus, if there is going to be a next one, they kinda have to keep you hanging... I hate that, but it makes you want to buy the next game.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K5 stifmeister

Gears one story was the best it was like a horror action movie
    And number two was even better
    And number was just a fruity mess
    Hello there check out my
    Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/civil238
    Corpser sculpture - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2#post29520842
    Amazing Gears cake - http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post29520831
    Please comment and share your thoughts\

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jmfchuckie

A few comments:
    1. They were searching for fuel in mid Act 3-Mid Act 4, about an act
    2. Epic was realistic with Dom's death. Explosive Barrels don't always detonate when shot, and Dom understood that. Also, if they had jumped, a Savage Boomer or a Drudge would have killed them when either they shot a Digger Round or when they were hit by the truck. Either that or a Former Pack would have jumped on the car and tore them all apart.
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by jmfchuckie View Post
    2. Epic was realistic with Dom's death. Explosive Barrels don't always detonate when shot, and Dom understood that. Also, if they had jumped, a Savage Boomer or a Drudge would have killed them when either they shot a Digger Round or when they were hit by the truck. Either that or a Former Pack would have jumped on the car and tore them all apart.
    I'm sorry, but Dom's death scene was far from realistic, when he was shotgunning the Formers, they were all rushing towards him, but as soon as he runs out of shotty ammo, the Formers walk slower for some reason. One would think they would rush at him as soon as he runs out of ammo and just kill him, not walk extremely slow for 30+ seconds.

Dom even turns around COMPLETELY to look at Marcus and the others, while the formers still walked slowly towards him, not doing anything. If it were realistic, they would've attacked him and ripped him to shreds when he was most vulnerable, NOT WALK EVEN SLOWER THAN BEFORE.

Then, afterwards, he jumps down to the ground, he STANDS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPEN, SHOOTING EVERYONE WITH BULLETS WHIZZING BY HIM MAGICALLY, HITTING THE WALL BEHIND HIM, and he didn't at least have a bullet graze him? He should've gotten shot like 400 times.

Then, FINALLY, when he crashes the truck into the gas tanks, making everything explode, MARCUS AND THE REST OF HIS SQUAD MATES ARE STANDING RIGHT IN THE EXPLOSION, but they are unharmed, while Locust and Lambent that are NO WHERE NEAR the explosion and BEHIND WALLS are dying.

I'm sorry, but that whole scene was rediculously unrealistic.

Redeemer

To be honest, in GOW1 you spent 3 acts searching for and deploying the sonic resonator.

In GOW2 you spend 2 acts finding out what was causing cities to sink.

So in that respect the search for fuel doesn't seem that outlandish.

I agree with some comments. I thought Jace was a very pointless charcter. Hoffland barely appears in it, and for a new character Bernie's lack of screen-time is disgraceful. I enjoyed Sam's banter with Baird - it made Baird bearable cos he was such a cu.nt in GOW3, so I didn't find her pointless. Clayton should have appeared in the game much more. Same as Griffin. It just felt like these characters were added for the sake of beefing up the number of characters available for MP.

Dom's death was a case of style over substance. It could have been grittier and presented Delta's position as even more desperate. Dom could have taken a bullet or two (non-fatal), and maybe they could have chucked in some Redshirts getting killed as well. Instead we get that over-dramatic Dom-looks-at-his-friends-fighting-over-whelming-odds-then-looks-at-the-Lambent-closing-in-on-him-SLOWLY-before-he-decides-to-do-what-he-does.

Overall, I think the story is the weakest of the games, but it's still alright. I've played games with far worse storylines.
    Last edited by bleeding pepper; 03-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    A 'pub' is a public house - not a 'public match'. Respect that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub

What do you mean 'Get a life?' It's a respawning gametype - I have many lives.

What do you mean 'Rifle-whore - Go back to COD?' If you love shotguns so much why don't you go and play Duck Hunt?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by cbrinkmann1981 View Post
    I would agree with you, ColeTrained, that COD and Halo have a combined total of zero emotional moments and Gears 3 has at least three.
    Lies. I was distraught when Emile, Jorge and Johnson died. 'Send me out with a bang...'

And the death of your US Marine character in MW1 was shocking, because I didn't expect it to happen. Plus the deaths of Soap, Ghost and Roach all got me. I thought Soap was indestructible.
    A 'pub' is a public house - not a 'public match'. Respect that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub

What do you mean 'Get a life?' It's a respawning gametype - I have many lives.

What do you mean 'Rifle-whore - Go back to COD?' If you love shotguns so much why don't you go and play Duck Hunt?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Destro WOD

Personally i loved it and think GOW3 was BY FAR the best of the 3 campaign.

Sure i would had wish Clayton would be a bit more in it... they even mention him at one point being with Cole and Baird yet they show alone later. His comeback at the end was awesome, but i wish i would had seen more of him.

I also wish we would had new something more about the queen and the locust.

But thats it, overall i loved all the rest, it was very well done.

In the time of GOW1 i didn't care about the story, i loved the MP and the campaign for me was just move from point a to point b... with super stupid comments from the heroes all the time... it was fun but lacked ... story actually.

Gow2 developed more and i really liked it back then, even tough there was too much under earth parts for me.

But GOW3, it had everything, drama, action, lots of characters, for a change we dont always see the same ones... It was really fun and im glad the way the trilogy end. Im currently reading the first book by Karen, im a slow reader, i read mostly on the toilet boll lol, but the story interest me now and thats cool.

But one thing for sure, for the person saying he would take a great campaign with no mp first... damn not me. Would it had been only for campaign, i would had play GOW1 one or 2 time, then move on to another game and thats it. What made me an uber fan was the MP, how cool it was to play shotty battles and such... GOW2 was a huge disapointement but i kept playing anyway... there was some fun parts too. But GOW3 is overall pretty good in term of MP, maybe not the same emotion as back in the time of GOW1 but a lot of fun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nefiiria View Post
    Completely agree with this comment.
    I remember in some of the old Call of Duty games, if there was a huge open space, I often would get lost and not know where the next area was.
    LOL! How about the original Turok and Turok 2 for N64? Classic examples of a game designer trying so hard for "bigger is better" that it is nearly impossible to advance past the first or second levels in either game without buying a 10,000-page strategy guide to walk you through the labyrinth.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The one thing I completely agree with is Cole and Baird not being in the game as much. The 4 player CO-OP kinda killed the close acts since there needed to be four characters at all times. My favorite parts from the first two campaigns were the times where it was just Marcus and Dom alone, those always had the best scenes. The best act in Gears history IMO is the Gears 2 one where you go into the locust hollow with just Marcus and Dom to find Maria..
    Guns
    Lancer & Gnasher
    Classic Dom
    Looking for Commando Dom! And Liquid Green Skin!
    Click here to See my Fan Fiction in Progress!

Iron Guard

I am really impressed at the memory skills some people have here, seriously,
    I have played all 3 and can barely remember anything...that said,
    Gears 1-3 are the only games I have ever completed on story mode and I own 50 or more games, I found them engaging, dark & exciting.
    Of course nothing is perfect and each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
    Thinking about the game's campaign enrages me.

First of all, very good gameplay, was nice and varied with some great bits, e.g the Corpser fight.

But come on, where was the story? I had waited and waited to see what was going to happen, waiting for an epic ending with lots of great plot points for the characters i like. What did i get?

Searching for fuel for 3 acts
    Dom dying in the most pointless way to make this game have a memorable moment.
    Meant to feel sorry for Adam sacrificing himself even though he was in like 2 chapters.
    The Locust dying in the most stereotypical lame fashion, a death ray, come on.
    Locust not being explained (to keep mystery according to Cliff B but we all know it's for a potential future sequel)
    Useless characters that might aswell have been part of the scenary (Sam and Jace) that where in the campaign more than Baird and Cole.
    Why would Marcus just kill Myrrah, why not get information from her first?
    (Bashing a bit here), But why do people think C. Carmine is the best character, his only contribution was saying he likes bacon. Not funny to anyone over 12 years old.

All in all it was just so disappointing. I am months behind on this thread, but this things still irk me so much, and it still annoys me when i come on this forum and see Carmine winning in the poll for "who would i want more developed". Is this campaign really what everyone wanted?
    The locust died from a Race-specific Neutron bomb that targeted imulsion cells rather than all living cells, it wasn't a death ray. I'm pretty sure neutron bombs are actual real weapons, and i've never heard of them being used in any video game before.

And as for the "Future sequel" part, thats great! More Gears for us! How can you complain? I'm pretty sure the next novel "The Slab" answers some questions about Myrrah as well after someone posted an extract from it.
    "All I gave was everything and yet you ask me for more.
    Fought your fight, bought your lie and in return I lost my life. What purpose does this serve?
    The cowards preach from pedestals with words of courage and resolve, what they meant was "F*ck 'em all!" 'cause freedom isn't free!
    They send our daughters and our sons to deserts under burning suns, sacrificial slaughtering to fill the pockets of the weak" - Rise against

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by That british guy View Post
    The locust died from a Race-specific Neutron bomb that targeted imulsion cells rather than all living cells, it wasn't a death ray. I'm pretty sure neutron bombs are actual real weapons, and i've never heard of them being used in any video game before.
    Excuse my rudeness, but that's bull****. It's not meant to you, but to Karren Traviss' idea. A neutron bomb is a nuclear weapon. I don't want to go into detail too much, but it's pretty much the same like an H-Bomb. You get killed be fast newtrons and gamma-radiation. And both of them don't choose between the organic matter they pass.
    The ICD actually is a deathray.
    And that sucks.
    When does a man die? When you cut his throat? When you crush his head with your bullet? When you burn him to ashes?
    No.
    He dies when you forget about him.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Felt like they tried to over do the emotions and passion. Made it sound corney. Never had so much playing the Gears 1 & 2 Campaign. Gears 3 slacked.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: commandrew

Its hard for me to say which story I thought was worse- Gears 2 or 3

Gears 1 really wasnt about story, it was about presentation. And they knocked it out of the park.
    Jacinto, River, Pavillion, Security come to Gears 3 and come DARK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C0leTrained View Post
    Are you serious? Find a ****in cod or halo game with that much emotion and then talk to me.
    Halo reach, Jorge's death, Kat's death, Carter's death, Noble 6's death.

Cod: The deaths of Gaz, Soap, Ghost, Roach, Yuri. The deaths of all of Team metal bar Frost.

I personally ADORE Call of duty's campaigns. Although I prefer Gears as a whole, Cod's campaign is on par with Gears' IMO.

*Puts on flame suit*
    "All I gave was everything and yet you ask me for more.
    Fought your fight, bought your lie and in return I lost my life. What purpose does this serve?
    The cowards preach from pedestals with words of courage and resolve, what they meant was "F*ck 'em all!" 'cause freedom isn't free!
    They send our daughters and our sons to deserts under burning suns, sacrificial slaughtering to fill the pockets of the weak" - Rise against

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0leTrained

Quote Originally Posted by That british guy View Post
    Halo reach, Jorge's death, Kat's death, Carter's death, Noble 6's death.

Cod: The deaths of Gaz, Soap, Ghost, Roach, Yuri. The deaths of all of Team metal bar Frost.

I personally ADORE Call of duty's campaigns. Although I prefer Gears as a whole, Cod's campaign is on par with Gears' IMO.

*Puts on flame suit*
    Yeah but they don't really get into the characters like Gears does. Don't get me wrong, COD is a great game. I just think Gears is better XD

To each his own I suppose.

Iron Guard

Gears 1- exucute the lightmass bomb using intel from Adam Fenix's research at his home. Maps of the locust tunnels are found

Gears 2- locust return, delta find a message from Adam in the locust computers saying to sink Jacinto in order to kill our "enemy" (either locust or lambent) below! We also find out Myrrah knew Adam!!

Gears 3- Adam is alive! We find out he knew Myrrah and about the locust before e-day explaining how he had the maps to their tunnels and why the locust had that message on their computers! He has been trying to redeem himself for not informing the humans about the locust and the lambent (that caused billions of deaths) by creating a device to kill both species! The device succeeds!!!

I thought I would break the 3 games down to show it was always about Adam Fenix and that over the course of the 3 games everything is referred to him! The third game concluded everything that mattered and in my opinion was amazing! What a trilogy!!!

The only thing I was bothered about was we were left knowing nothing about Myrrah, the locust, new hope, sires etc but by leaving these things unanswered opens the door to a future gears game....

I hope so!!!

But..........the locust are dead so no
    Last edited by Mysterion Rises; 03-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12