Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Even after months... (Spoilers)

Thinking about the game's campaign enrages me.

First of all, very good gameplay, was nice and varied with some great bits, e.g the Corpser fight.

But come on, where was the story? I had waited and waited to see what was going to happen, waiting for an epic ending with lots of great plot points for the characters i like. What did i get?

Searching for fuel for 3 acts
    Dom dying in the most pointless way to make this game have a memorable moment.
    Meant to feel sorry for Adam sacrificing himself even though he was in like 2 chapters.
    The Locust dying in the most stereotypical lame fashion, a death ray, come on.
    Locust not being explained (to keep mystery according to Cliff B but we all know it's for a potential future sequel)
    Useless characters that might aswell have been part of the scenary (Sam and Jace) that where in the campaign more than Baird and Cole.
    Why would Marcus just kill Myrrah, why not get information from her first?
    (Bashing a bit here), But why do people think C. Carmine is the best character, his only contribution was saying he likes bacon. Not funny to anyone over 12 years old.

All in all it was just so disappointing. I am months behind on this thread, but this things still irk me so much, and it still annoys me when i come on this forum and see Carmine winning in the poll for "who would i want more developed". Is this campaign really what everyone wanted?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DBO1399

Your wrong in so many ways...

I Laughed to oohhh bacon and im over 12 years old btw.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GolfPro72

Responses in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
    Thinking about the game's campaign enrages me.

First of all, very good gameplay, was nice and varied with some great bits, e.g the Corpser fight.

But come on, where was the story? I had waited and waited to see what was going to happen, waiting for an epic ending with lots of great plot points for the characters i like. What did i get?

Searching for fuel for 3 acts - Most likely a social commentary more than anything. Cliff had mentioned in previous interviews that certain parts of the game were commentary on things going on in the real world. The torturing of COG in Gears 2 for example. I think the fuel searching was something similar to that.

Dom dying in the most pointless way to make this game have a memorable moment. - I disagree here. After everything that Dom went through I think that he may have been looking for a way out, but pride and sense of duty prevented him from just doing it in a selfish way. The way he ended up going allowed him to make a difference and save his friends. I thought it was a pretty decent way to go about it.

Meant to feel sorry for Adam sacrificing himself even though he was in like 2 chapters. - Indifferent to Adam. I didn't feel sorry for him, nor did I feel like we were meant to. Just looking at the role he played in Gears over the three titles didn't really make me feel sorry for him at all. He made his priorities pretty clear all the way through the series, so his choices dictated what kind of man he was. Work first, everything else second.

The Locust dying in the most stereotypical lame fashion, a death ray, come on. - Not sure what you were looking for here to be honest.

Locust not being explained (to keep mystery according to Cliff B but we all know it's for a potential future sequel) - They're as explained as they need to be. How far in depth does it have to go to enhance the game? This would be much more appropriate in a book or something else. They were established as the enemy, we knew something about them but I don't know that knowing any more would have been worthwhile in a game.

Useless characters that might aswell have been part of the scenary (Sam and Jace) that where in the campaign more than Baird and Cole. - Disagree here. Cole and Baird had a much more prominent role in the game, particularly Cole. There's even a scene in the game where you play as Cole and don't even have control over the character when it happens (Thrashball field). I barely remember Jace except from the scene just before they find Griffin. Sam and Baird bantering I thought was very entertaining. And if not for Sam, there's no bacon scene.

Why would Marcus just kill Myrrah, why not get information from her first? - Emotion perhaps? Confronting the leader of every terrible thing that has happened to you and your family, how would YOU react? I don't think that this was anything but pure snap decision emotion, and I thought it made perfect sense. Having just watched his father essentially disintegrate, having the knife Dom gave him, I doubt anyone would be able to be very rational or maintain any sense of duty at that particular moment. I thought that scene was very well done.

(Bashing a bit here), But why do people think C. Carmine is the best character, his only contribution was saying he likes bacon. Not funny to anyone over 12 years old. - Again, wholeheartedly disagree. While I don't think he was the best character, I do think that line was well delivered and pretty funny given the circumstances. And so you know, I'm 39, and certainly not alone in thinking this was a very funny line.

All in all it was just so disappointing. I am months behind on this thread, but this things still irk me so much, and it still annoys me when i come on this forum and see Carmine winning in the poll for "who would i want more developed". Is this campaign really what everyone wanted?
    It isn't the best storyline for a game but I found it mostly satisfying. There were some weaker scenes but more storylines have those, it's just the nature of writing. Not everything is going grab you the way you hope it will. On the occasion when it does, those stories become classics. I mean honestly, from my perspective, I thought Gears 1 was a far weaker storyline. The mood and tone may have been better, but the story was not great. It was OK at best. I feel they did a fine job with 3 and accomplished was they set out to.
    Follow @Reaper_Tracker on Twitter to obtain your Slayer of Samael medal and weapon skins! I got mine - GO GET YOURS!

Have Reaper questions? Want to know how to find them and/or get an invite? Check out Gnashes Epic Reaper FAQ found HERE.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Terra D Serph PSN ID: Terra_D_Serph

Quote Originally Posted by GolfPro72 View Post
    Responses in bold.

It isn't the best storyline for a game but I found it mostly satisfying. There were some weaker scenes but more storylines have those, it's just the nature of writing. Not everything is going grab you the way you hope it will. On the occasion when it does, those stories become classics. I mean honestly, from my perspective, I thought Gears 1 was a far weaker storyline. The mood and tone may have been better, but the story was not great. It was OK at best. I feel they did a fine job with 3 and accomplished was they set out to.
    Completely agree with this comment.

Could the story have been better? Possibly, but this isn't an RPG or an MMO. The collectibles we find give us just enough lore to keep the people who are interested in that wanting more, but since this is a shooter game--and from my experience, all of my peers who played shooter games cared very little for a good storyline, if any, as long as they got their muliplayer--the story would be weaker than others. RPG's have the luxury of having multiple NPC's and extra dungeons to explore to learn more about the world. Gears of War has to be very linear for the type of game it is. I remember in some of the old Call of Duty games, if there was a huge open space, I often would get lost and not know where the next area was.

Keeping the enemy completely understood keeps us guessing, and leaves room for any error on the developer's side. If we understood everything about the Locust, I'm pretty sure we'd find paradoxes, complete errors, and just stuff that doesn't make sense at all. I'm glad they don't explain everything, but at the same time, I want to know more. That's the feeling they want you to be left with.

Basically, if you want to know more and get a deeper grasp of the lore, back-story, and character developments, you'll have to read the books.
    Imagine if OverRun was placed as a PC standalone game.
    Also, Thrashball should be a professional E-sport.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0leTrained

nah sorry, you're wrong. it was a fantastic story. this wasn't just a gears 3 story. to get the full story, play all the gears campaign's in a row, read the books, and read the comics. then talk to me

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by C0leTrained View Post
    nah sorry, you're wrong. it was a fantastic story. this wasn't just a gears 3 story. to get the full story, play all the gears campaign's in a row, read the books, and read the comics. then talk to me
    I payed for a game with a story. A story based on the first GAME of the series.

The BOOKS came after the first gears GAME. And as nice as the gears-franchise is: Comics, books and anything should play a supporting role. Not the main role. The main-plot HAS to be developed during the game. The books can be used to deepen the characters stories and explain the world in more detail.

And under this aspect gears3 was just a giant fraud. To really understand what the heck was going on and who the F*ck those people are, you need to buy the books or spend numerous hours on gearspedia. And even then, gears3 doesn't deliver a real ending. Just another stereotypical bull****-deathray-we'resaved-jolly-sunset-happy-end..
    I want to play a game. A game with a story. If I want a game without a storyand for which I need a whole sh*tload of litrature to enjoy it, I would play minecraft.

And Cliffs arguementation about the fuel-chapters being a social criticism is nothing but a weak apologize for a lame author.
    For the record: Karen Traviss' work on gears3 sucks. She sold the main-characters I loved for two games for the lone sake of her own characters.
    I did like the gameplay, but the campaign disgusted me. OP: You are not alone.
    Gears3's campaign sucks.
    When does a man die? When you cut his throat? When you crush his head with your bullet? When you burn him to ashes?
    No.
    He dies when you forget about him.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Storyline

Gears 1 - Weakest but acceptable
    Gears 2 - Best Story (In my opinion) Raging Multiplayer
    Gears 3 -Good Story Good Multiplayer

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by E.Carmine View Post

The BOOKS came after the first gears GAME. And as nice as the gears-franchise is: Comics, books and anything should play a supporting role. Not the main role. The main-plot HAS to be developed during the game. The books can be used to deepen the characters stories and explain the world in more detail.

And under this aspect gears3 was just a giant fraud. To really understand what the heck was going on and who the F*ck those people are, you need to buy the books or spend numerous hours on gearspedia. And even then, gears3 doesn't deliver a real ending. Just another stereotypical bull****-deathray-we'resaved-jolly-sunset-happy-end..
    I want to play a game. A game with a story. If I want a game without a storyand for which I need a whole sh*tload of litrature to enjoy it, I would play minecraft.

And Cliffs arguementation about the fuel-chapters being a social criticism is nothing but a weak apologize for a lame author.
    For the record: Karen Traviss' work on gears3 sucks. She sold the main-characters I loved for two games for the lone sake of her own characters.
    Gears3's campaign sucks.
    You are SO wrong it's not even funny. First, work on your grammar, it's horrendous. Second, Gears 3 had a fantastic story. There was so much passion and emotion that it could have been a movie. Also, the books and comics don't play the main roles in the story, they do only support it. I was saying to get the full experience, read them. I just hate all of this Gears bashing on the forums lately. It has been all about multiplayer and now this? The campaign? Hell no. The forums can show the flaws in MP but not in campaign, I will not let that happen and I am sure that many Gears fans would do the same. The story for Gears 3 was great. Filled with action, emotion, and death (just the way it should be). They focused on Cole way more in this game which also made it awesome. You really got to see his struggle and where he came from. You saw a side of Dom that was absent in the other two games. You saw him go to Mercy, his dead wife's home town. You saw the look on his face when he placed his tags on her family's stone.You saw how Marcus failed to reconnect with his father until the very end. For Adam Fenix, it was always about work until the very end where he expressed his feelings. The man Marcus was searching for, the man that got him thrown into prison, the reason Delta squad had been fighting for 3 games, was for Adam Fenix. And in the end, he sacrificed himself to save the entire planet and who he cared about most, his son. This game was emotionally compelling and you are a fool if you think otherwise.

This was a Gears game. This definitely was a Gears story.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gears3's campaign sucks.
    You're right about everything you just said, I agree wholeheartedly.

People on this forum are just going to make you out as an idiot, because they're hardcore fanboys, they're too blind to see the truth. I've learned going on this forum and talking about obvious flaws in the game will get me no where, and there's always that one person who just gets pissed off and flames me for having a different opinion than them.

But, I'll just waste my breathe here for Epic to read and hopefully see where they've made their mistakes and hopefully try to improve upon them in the future.

There were so many unanswered questions for the sake of Epic wanting to make another pointless sequel in the franchise, it's not even funny.(I'm not saying Gears 2 was a pointless sequel, but Gears 3 was, in so many aspects)

If this was supposed to be the epic conclusion of the Gears trilogy, I expect some great answers, that'll make me say "OH MY GOD" or at least there should have been a final epic battle with all of Sera's armies fighting together, against the Locust/Lambent, to the death.

Even if every single character died and humanity lost the war, it would still be a much better and talked about ending than this.

Gears 3's ending was a flatout disappointment and a HUGE missed oppuritunity, and it almost feels like I wasted 5 years of my life playing a series with almost no plot development or even story or character development for absolutely nothing.

Now, multiplayer on Gears games were always great, fun and I've had a lot of great memories with the series' multiplayer, but, can someone honestly tell me one answer in Gears 3's campaign, that made it feel as if playing the franchises' campaigns since Gears 1 was worth it?

Gears 1 was a perfect setup for the series; a mysterious and very interesting setting, a mysterious and interesting enemy and some amazing architecture and atmosphere, while Gears 2 was a great game in its own right, it still raised more questions than answers, and this is where I think the series began to lose focus on where it wanted to go with the story.

Gears 1 felt depressing, believable, mysterious, and it felt like a piece of art and a masterpiece, with slow, moody music and a great, gritty and dark atmosphere.

But with Gears 2, all of that was almost completely absent, it gave the series a bad name with so much roid rage going on and to top it all off you cut your way out of a giant worm. So, yeah, Gears 2 was just pretty much a standard action game, when it came to story, and Gears 3's story was even worse.

I'm letting you guys know now, I don't think we'll ever get answers to all of questions raised throughout the series, because to be honest, I don't even think Epic even knows answers to some of the questions they've raised in the series. The series' story may have become way too convuluted even for Epic to answer properly and fully.
    Last edited by ExplosiveWalrus; 03-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.

I only have ONE gripe with the campaign only ONE... i wanted to see Dom get buried =/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dom never died he'll just respawn at the next checkpoint!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ530 View Post
    Dom never died he'll just respawn at the next checkpoint!

Sorry this isnt Halo

Banned

Dom died like a HERO, for his friends and for the humans. The locust are all not dead, i bet you some of them were still not affected by the ray.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MAKKAVELLI View Post
    Dom died like a HERO, for his friends and for the humans. The locust are all not dead, i bet you some of them were still not affected by the ray.
    I played and i didnt see kantus Get affected

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Wait...
    Dont argue

HES A MW3 PLAYER Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: finRatman X3 PSN ID: Ratman_Fi

I was very dissapointed when I beat the campaign. I wish there was more in it.

For some reason I enjoyed the Gears 1's Campaign the most. It had the best atmosphere.
    Gamertag: finRatman X3 Gearhead since '06 ¡RageQuitPro! Start>Up>A>A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Need help with Gears 2 multiplayer achievements? Hit me up, and also check this thread out!

Special thanks for BRUTE, CaptainSlayer, Cher, CrabSonoshee, DarkAp89, Fallz, III LYCAN III, ipar, IrazorSHOTTZ, JAY UNIT11, NFI, Nunchake, Philnemba, PopeAdrian37th, Yosoypr and *Zap* for all the cool stuff!

MSgt. Shooter Person

When playing the Gears 3 Campaign i felt there was something missing throughtout it all, playing through the last 2 chapters was dull and horible the whole Azura plot annoyed me and this felt as if it should nt have featured in the game, but anyway seriously prefer Gears 1,2 campaigns darker surroundings and story but meh its all about the MP
    The Lone Warrior
    Only way is Dom's Way
    True Veterans fought and died for there country not an online MP game
    Are you Bat Sheet Crazy!?!
    \\*// 18/09/12

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can see both sides. On the one hand, I love story in my video games. On the other, I have to wonder why anyone would play a Gears of War game and expect the story to be top-notch. I mean, c'mon! It's Gears of War! You have beefed up, larger-than-life, testosterone junkies trying to save the world from an ugly race of reptilian bipeds commanded by a human queen (anybody who thinks she's Locust - she's not. If she was, then the bioweapon Adam Fenix launched would've killed her instantly. Why? She took at least 3 full blasts - enough to kill Fenix even though he was still human (very advanced Lambent, but still human) at point blank range. She didn't even bat an eyelash.

But I digress. The whole series hasn't really had much in terms of deep storytelling. It's a game series that's more about the playing and less about the plot, more about getting from point A to point B to point C than arguing point A, point B and point C, more about having an objective and finishing it with crushing force than having an objective discussion over the feelings of the characters.

Do I wish that the campaign had a much larger and deeper focus on the story? Absolutely. But I never had high expectations for the storyline in Gears 2 or 3 after playing the first, and I think we can all agree that I didn't finish the game disappointed as a result. So, take it for what you will, but it is what it is.
    Try as I might, I just can't seem to nail the active reload on the Cleaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain510soldier View Post
    When they send messages about you using lancer over Gnasher do the following:

1. Seek out the the person who sent the message
    2. Lancer him down with pure prejudice
    3. As your going to get your kill pullout Gnasher
    4. Kill him
    5. Reply with a message saying "See I can use my Gnasher "

Banned

Second, Gears 3 had a fantastic story. There was so much passion and emotion that it could have been a movie.
    Oh man I haven't laughed this hard all day. Thank you.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Midget God

Welcome to modern gaming, where it's all about how Multiplayer works, not giving two sh*ts about the story. I have played some shooters with excellent stories, AKA Halo, that never really stagnated in plot. The whole Azura thing was a really bad idea on Karen's part, I think it would have been better if the Lambency took a backseat, and everything was Lambent every once in a while, kind of like in Gears 1. The Locust just seemed to be the enemy that everyone wants these days, something that is exactly the same as you, save for skin differences (ha, racism.) I could live without Gears having Multiplayer, if the game had an absolutely amazing Campaign. Everyone I know prefers a nice story over a good multiplayer, unless they are playing a multiplayer-based game, AKA CoD.
    Got an Oscar Mike Trickshot for a Leader kill on Guardian. Think you can beat that? Send me a message with your most epic move.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IVIeloMike

I didn't like the Gears 3 campaign as much because it didn't focus on the 4 or 5 main characters, I think it had way too many pointless side characters. I do think the gameplay was good though
    Unreal Vet since 99
    Add me for ranked koth

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtab3 View Post
    Oh man I haven't laughed this hard all day. Thank you.
    Are you serious? Find a ****in cod or halo game with that much emotion and then talk to me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by GearsIsAwesome View Post
    I played and i didnt see kantus Get affected
    Did even the locust underground get affected by the ray?

Banned

Are you serious? Find a ****in cod or halo game with that much emotion and then talk to me.
    Just because it seemed, IN YOUR OPINION, to have more emotion than COD/Halo does not mean it had enough emotion to "it could have been a movie".
    But because you asked for an example(this is only one, hundreds more): In the Darkness, the dynamic between Jackie and his girl and what happens to her > anything "passionate or emotional" in the Gears universe. Sorry bro, many better writers have worked on other games.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EnoughObject53

hopefully the next book will give us more info that we want

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would agree with you, ColeTrained, that COD and Halo have a combined total of zero emotional moments and Gears 3 has at least three.

But I would also agree with Usedtab3 that emotion and deep storytelling are not Gears of War's strong suits.
    Try as I might, I just can't seem to nail the active reload on the Cleaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain510soldier View Post
    When they send messages about you using lancer over Gnasher do the following:

1. Seek out the the person who sent the message
    2. Lancer him down with pure prejudice
    3. As your going to get your kill pullout Gnasher
    4. Kill him
    5. Reply with a message saying "See I can use my Gnasher "

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clone Recon

I thought the campaign was good. But, I agree with you, It was not the campaign I expected. There was so many things not explained. When I first saw that cutscene of marcus killing myrrah I was like "WOW, dident see that coming!" But then after a minute i said to myself " Wait, WTF just happened? nooo its the end?!?! Meaning, they explained nothing like how myrrah was human and she was with the locust or nothing like that. I also agree with you when it was mostly anya, jace or sam with you instead of baird and cole. I hated that. What happened to brothers to the end??? I am a huge carmine fan and I was glad when I saw carmine lives, but he was only with us like what 2 chapters or somthing??? I think anthony carmine had more parts than clayton, and anthony died. Overall, yes I was very dissapointed with so many things on this campaign. P.S I dont care if people dont agree with me on this but, I think the part before dom dies and your up on that roof thing fighting the locust below and fighting the lambent on the roof. I think at that part the locust and the cogs should have worked together at that moment to protect both of them from the lambent. Thats just my opinion though.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Kinda true what you say, except for the bacon thing

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Recon View Post
    I thought the campaign was good. But, I agree with you, It was not the campaign I expected. There was so many things not explained. When I first saw that cutscene of marcus killing myrrah I was like "WOW, dident see that coming!" But then after a minute i said to myself " Wait, WTF just happened? nooo its the end?!?! Meaning, they explained nothing like how myrrah was human and she was with the locust or nothing like that. I also agree with you when it was mostly anya, jace or sam with you instead of baird and cole. I hated that. What happened to brothers to the end??? I am a huge carmine fan and I was glad when I saw carmine lives, but he was only with us like what 2 chapters or somthing??? I think anthony carmine had more parts than clayton, and anthony died. Overall, yes I was very dissapointed with so many things on this campaign. P.S I dont care if people dont agree with me on this but, I think the part before dom dies and your up on that roof thing fighting the locust below and fighting the lambent on the roof. I think at that part the locust and the cogs should have worked together at that moment to protect both of them from the lambent. Thats just my opinion though.
    I think there should of been some scenes where COG fought with Locust against Lambent. Not as in side by side but just focusing their fire on the actual Lambent and not each other. I thought earlier that when Baird says "At least I'll die knowing I guessed right" he should of started shouting at Marcus or something saying that he's being unrealistic or something like that. But oh well...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Just because it seemed, IN YOUR OPINION, to have more emotion than COD/Halo does not mean it had enough emotion to "it could have been a movie".
    But because you asked for an example(this is only one, hundreds more): In the Darkness, the dynamic between Jackie and his girl and what happens to her > anything "passionate or emotional" in the Gears universe. Sorry bro, many better writers have worked on other games.
    Wow....I'm done talking to an idiotic fan that would rather use his time to bash a game on the forums rather than look at all of the positives...

Really smh at these so called "Gears fans"...

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mybloodypoo

There was just something missing in this campaign... In this game I would play the campaign for an hour and then go to the mp.

Boomshot

You are SO wrong it's not even funny. First, work on your grammar, it's horrendous. Second, Gears 3 had a fantastic story. There was so much passion and emotion that it could have been a movie. Also, the books and comics don't play the main roles in the story, they do only support it. I was saying to get the full experience, read them. I just hate all of this Gears bashing on the forums lately. It has been all about multiplayer and now this? The campaign? Hell no. The forums can show the flaws in MP but not in campaign, I will not let that happen and I am sure that many Gears fans would do the same. The story for Gears 3 was great. Filled with action, emotion, and death (just the way it should be). They focused on Cole way more in this game which also made it awesome. You really got to see his struggle and where he came from. You saw a side of Dom that was absent in the other two games. You saw him go to Mercy, his dead wife's home town. You saw the look on his face when he placed his tags on her family's stone.You saw how Marcus failed to reconnect with his father until the very end. For Adam Fenix, it was always about work until the very end where he expressed his feelings. The man Marcus was searching for, the man that got him thrown into prison, the reason Delta squad had been fighting for 3 games, was for Adam Fenix. And in the end, he sacrificed himself to save the entire planet and who he cared about most, his son. This game was emotionally compelling and you are a fool if you think otherwise.

This was a Gears game. This definitely was a Gears story.
    Well, since my post was able to get my point across, I guess my grammer isn't too bad. Especially regarding english isn't my first language. And since you needed to bash my language first, instead of focusing on my post it seems I told the truth.
    It's nice you enjoyed the campaign, but what you think and like is not content of my post.
    Content of my post was my subjective view at the game. Also I'm not bashing lately. I'm bashing the campaign since release, if you want to take a look on my posts and threads or my forum activities.
    The campaign wasn't emotional, it was stereotypical. That's a difference.

A postapocalyptic scenario
    A suicidal soldier who lost everything
    A deathray that instantly grants the victory
    A father dying for his son
    A happy end with a new beginning

That's all.
    The game didn't focus on cole. He had one act and that was awesome. But you didn't see his "struggle". You saw his success.
    And yes. Dom went to Mercy. To fetch fuel that was at the harbour all along. Yeah. Great. He killed himself to save the others, and that in a fashion that was highly likely to also kill his friends.
    The story about griffin was the weirdest of all. It didn't make sense, it didn't push the story further and none of the characters developed in any way. Yes, Marcus freaked out but that was rather dumb and unneccessary.
    And the story about his Dad... Come on. That wasn't emotional. That was lame and boring. His Dad wad dead. He didn't hear from him for years and now there should be the big bond between them? Yeah. Right. Also Adam's death didn't make any sense. Why did he inject the imulsion into his own body? He could also have use a racoon or a rat.
    In the end gears 3 tried many things. It wanted to be emotional, it wanted to satisfy the fans of the books, it wanted to satisfy the hardcorefans. But in the end gears 3 didn't manage to be anything of the mentioned.
    The campaign didn't satisfy me in any way and it made me sad that this was the end for a series I loved so much.
    Also the fraud about horde-mode and the dlc didn't make it better for me.

But that's my subjective opinion and if you liked the campaign, that's nice. I hope you enjoy it. I for myself stopped playing gears.
    Last edited by E.Carmine; 03-03-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    When does a man die? When you cut his throat? When you crush his head with your bullet? When you burn him to ashes?
    No.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SewnMouthSecret

I loved it, though I am left wishing for more. More information, more...closure.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Well, since my post was able to get my point across, I guess my grammer isn't too bad. Especially regarding english isn't my first language. And since you needed to bash my language first, instead of focusing on my post it seems I told the truth.
    It's nice you enjoyed the campaign, but what you think and like is not content of my post.
    Content of my post was my subjective view at the game. Also I'm not bashing lately. I'm bashing the campaign since release, if you want to take a look on my posts and threads or my forum activities.
    The campaign wasn't emotional, it was stereotypical. That's a difference.

A postapocalyptic scenario
    A suicidal soldier who lost everything
    A deathray that instantly grants the victory
    A father dying for his son
    A happy end with a new beginning

That's all.
    The game didn't focus on cole. He had one act and that was awesome. But you didn't see his "struggle". You saw his success.
    And yes. Dom went to Mercy. To fetch fuel that was at the harbour all along. Yeah. Great. He killed himself to save the others, and that in a fashion that was highly likely to also kill his friends.
    The story about griffin was the weirdest of all. It didn't make sense, it didn't push the story further and none of the characters developed in any way. Yes, Marcus freaked out but that was rather dumb and unneccessary.
    And the story about his Dad... Come on. That wasn't emotional. That was lame and boring. His Dad wad dead. He didn't hear from him for years and now there should be the big bond between them? Yeah. Right. Also Adam's death didn't make any sense. Why did he inject the imulsion into his own body? He could also have use a racoon or a rat.
    In the end gears 3 tried many things. It wanted to be emotional, it wanted to satisfy the fans of the books, it wanted to satisfy the hardcorefans. But in the end gears 3 didn't manage to be anything of the mentioned.
    The campaign didn't satisfy me in any way and it made me sad that this was the end for a series I loved so much.
    Also the fraud about horde-mode and the dlc didn't make it better for me.

But that's my subjective opinion and if you liked the campaign, that's nice. I hope you enjoy it. I for myself stopped playing gears.
    Wow...this is just pathetic. First of all, your grammar is still wrong and the reason I point that out is because your grammar helps me decide how seriously I can take you. But I digress...

You didn't see Cole's struggle? Really? You are wrong. Read this article: http://bitmob.com/articles/gears-of-...cores-big-time

Instead of having type out everything, this article basically explains it all.

And Dom at Mercy? Really that didn't move you? You must be one cold hearted son of a ***** then. He had to KILL HIS WIFE in Gears 2 and then he went to her hometown! He had to face everything she grew up with. He was ever more of a mess! And he killed himself for his wife and for his best friend. You don't see the emotion in that? You don't understand those feelings?

And really....a rat or raccoon?...Adam Fenix had to perform it on himself because he was trying to save the HUMAN race not the rat or raccoon race...

This game was all about sacrifice. Sacrificing one's own body, a father , and a past life.

The one thing this game didn't sacrifice was hope. They did it. They won.

Now I'm done with this thread because people don't understand how this campaign was actually good.

Boomshot

Wow...this is just pathetic. First of all, your grammar is still wrong and the reason I point that out is because your grammar helps me decide how seriously I can take you. But I digress...

You didn't see Cole's struggle? Really? You are wrong. Read this article: http://bitmob.com/articles/gears-of-...cores-big-time

Instead of having type out everything, this article basically explains it all.

And Dom at Mercy? Really that didn't move you? You must be one cold hearted son of a ***** then. He had to KILL HIS WIFE in Gears 2 and then he went to her hometown! He had to face everything she grew up with. He was ever more of a mess! And he killed himself for his wife and for his best friend. You don't see the emotion in that? You don't understand those feelings?

And really....a rat or raccoon?...Adam Fenix had to perform it on himself because he was trying to save the HUMAN race not the rat or raccoon race...

This game was all about sacrifice. Sacrificing one's own body, a father , and a past life.

The one thing this game didn't sacrifice was hope. They did it. They won.

Now I'm done with this thread because people don't understand how this campaign was actually good.
    Well, raccoons, rats and humans are from the same species and so an experiment with one member gives you the answer for the other members in many cases.
    But that's probably something you don't understand.
    I don't want to comment too much on you post, since it is quite infantile.
    But: Your focus on my grammar tells me how seriously one can take you. Also the grade of aggression in your tone tells stories... And since I don't happen to get that much criticism for my grammar in general, you're probably just a little butthurt fanboy and looking for a straw to attack me with.
    You like the campaign? Fine.
    But I don't and so do many others.
    No.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Ahhh people can be so dumb

i really enjoyed the story, i try not to look at things in such detail and just enjoy it as i play it.

Banned

Wow....I'm done talking to an idiotic fan that would rather use his time to bash a game on the forums rather than look at all of the positives...

Really smh at these so called "Gears fans"...
    Just as I figured. Another tard fanboy who, when presented with a real argument, goes on ad hominem runs because they have nothing else to say. You can criticize the guy's grammar above, but it's still you who looks like the idiot for having to resort to personal attacks because your arguments are as weak as a wet paper bag. Screen-capping all of your responses because the internet will love the lulz that someone thinks this highly of the Gears of War story.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Just as I figured. Another tard fanboy who, when presented with a real argument, goes on ad hominem runs because they have nothing else to say. You can criticize the guy's grammar above, but it's still you who looks like the idiot for having to resort to personal attacks because your arguments are as weak as a wet paper bag. Screen-capping all of your responses because the internet will love the lulz that someone thinks this highly of the Gears of War story.
    The only reason I'm so called "running" is because I do not want to deal with such pathetic people and their completely erroneous opinions. And I know there are issues with the MP (so I'm not some kind of hardcore "fanboy").

I don't want to waste my time with you. I have a life outside of these forums and I would rather live that life rather than listening to people ***** and moan about a game that deserves our utmost respect. Epic gave what the people wanted and just because you don't agree doesn't mean the whole community has to do the same.

Banned

Who's "****** and moaning"? Someone gave their opinion, a lot of us agreed, you didn't. But then you resorted to multiple personal attacks as well as saying "I'm done with this thread" only to come back again. Now you imply that one has no life if they respond to you in disagreement. The logic cartwheels you're pulling here are astounding. I hope you never, ever have to explain/defend/debate your opinion for anything that matters. You will fail horribly.

INB4 you reply even though you supposedly have a life while we don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast