View Poll Results: Kantus infants are Wretches...

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snorkelbottom you are insane

149 50.34%
  • Snorkelbottom that is spot on

147 49.66%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snorkelbottom

Lightbulb Snorkelbottom's Theory 01 - Kantus Infants Are Wretches - 50/50

The infant version of a Kantus is...................... the Wretch.

Yeah you heard me right... Check the pictures below and compare!

BTW I am being serious, think about it!...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Although some people will have stopped reading by now, for those that haven't let me argue my case a little...

While choosing your side of the argument please remember that the Locust do not have a civil and humane society like humans (bad example lol). Locust Drones/Boomers are rumored to rape Berserkers to breed, the Locust are known for abducting and torturing humans, the Locust attack on E-Day which was entirely unprovoked (as in the humans had not attacked them first) resulted in the slaughter of innocent men, women and children of all ages. So when reading my arguments and choosing your side please take the Locust mentality into account.

Arguments For
    1. Kantus and Wretches both have powerful screams capable of stunning humans.

2. Their limbs are almost identical with both having four fingers and a thumb for hands and both having 3 toes (with a 4th smaller toe higher up the foot on the inside). Granted a Wretches legs are digitigrade (dinosaur style) and Kantus have plantigrade legs (human style), Just try to think of the Wretches as walking on tip toes. Another possibility is that as they reach the age to be trained as Priests their legs are broken forcing them into a plantigrade stance.

3. Their heads are similar, and unlike those of Drones, Therons, Boomers and Berserkers. The slight differences can be accounted for - their tongues could be cut when they reach a certain age (much like some people allegedly do with parrots) or as a means to produce the notes required for the healing chants, and a second row of teeth could develop as they age.

4. Obviously Wretches aren't going to be as intelligent as Kantus or behave the same, they are infants. When was the last time you saw a baby act or look like an adult - do you think Brian Blessed or Robin Williams were born that hairy.

5. Instead of using the term infant, try youngling. As to what the minimum age is that a wretch is allowed to fight, I wouldn't have a clue.

6. Why would the Locust send out young priests into battle. As with Humans it is possible that Wretches are not born priests and must be taught the many and hard ways of the priesthood, such as how to scream in such a way that stimulates the Imulsion within to cure and revive other Locust. Therefore there may be many, many Wretches that never even make the cut to become a Priest, thus they serve the Locust as they do.

7. Try to think of the Kantus as hardcore religious zealots that not only have to learn their Priestly ways and thus earn the respect of the Horde, they would also have bizarre and strange religious rituals (cutting their tongues, breaking their legs), much like some ancient civilizations elongated skulls from birth or used bizarre, heavy objects as jewelry.

8. Try to think of the Wretches as the many failures that were unable to endure the arduous practices and tasks required of them to become Priests, thus they are shamed and serve the Locust as little more than a scouting pack of dogs.

9. If you were a Wretch and you wanted to live a long life, then you would have to endure the arduous path of Priesthood, otherwise you would be almost assured to die young.

Arguments Against
    1. Why would the Locust send the infants that may become Kantus Priests out into battle, especially as cannon fodder.

2. Wretches are considered the lowest of the Locust army, whereas the Kantus are highly respected and revered.

3. There are some physical differences - Kantus have two rows of teeth, a forked tongue, plantigrade legs and forward facing eyes. Wretches have one set of teeth, a normal tongue, digitigrade legs and eyes on the sides of the head.

4. Kantus are highly intelligent, usually work alone or in small numbers and do not use cover. Wretches aren't too clever, work in packs, use cover and are a lot more agile than Kantus.

5. Kantus have smoother skin than Wretches, whose skin is similar to Drones/Therons/Boomers.

6. Why could the Wretches not be infants of other creatures, such as the Brumak.

7. Are Wretches considered part of the Locust Army or are they just beasts.

8. Maybe they are related but not directly, as in they share a common ancestor.
    Last edited by snorkelbottom; 03-05-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Adding pictures for comparison

Looooooooooool

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxSourZe91xX

this ^^
    (10 Char)
    Thanks to II mike B II for my Commando Dom
    Thanks to Fl4k for my avatar lancer prop
    Thanks to BTNYR for my SGE

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I'm being serious...

They both scream (which stuns humans), have four fingers, three toes, digitigrade legs, similar mouths. Think about it.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: connor18gow

use this to get your pics to show, [sh^ot]put the picture link here[/sh^ot], but take out the ^ in each.

also you are insane lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Angelus View Post
    I keep getting dicked with, by the game. "What's that? You clearly shot before him? LOLNOPE.AVI!" and then he somehow kills me as well.
    Hurry up Far Cry 3 and Halo 4.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HalfFroMan

Different features, mostly the tongues.

Similar, but different.
    --- Gears of War 2: \\★// - Gears of War 3: 46 ---
    Make Onyx Noticeable! - Thanks Voodoo_nachoman‎ for the KA Com Dom and Nin0 for the BAMF SGE! - Official Gears 3 FAQ!
    Gamertag: HalfFroMan - Time "Invested" On Gears 3: 645 hours - Raptr: HalfFroMan
    EGFC Member

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mullet Death

Well, I have wondered before if Wretches are baby Locusts. Are they really? Probably not.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Omitra

Quote Originally Posted by HalfFroMan View Post

Different features, mostly the tongues.

Similar, but different.
    Kantus has a second row of teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro ReZ View Post
    Imagine this... A Brumak pops out of a hole into your base and destroys everything

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxSourZe91xX

hmm possibly looking at the pictures
    Thanks to II mike B II for my Commando Dom
    Thanks to Fl4k for my avatar lancer prop
    Thanks to BTNYR for my SGE

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

@ Halffroman - May I use that image in the OP

And of course their are some differences, do you look like a baby?

Wretches are reptilian monkeys.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by snorkelbottom View Post
    do you look like a baby?
    Yes .

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HalfFroMan

@ Halffroman - May I use that image in the OP

And of course their are some differences, do you look like a baby?
    Sure, not my images. Got them off of Gears wiki. Use the "[shot ]" tags.

No I don't, but I'm just talking anatomically different. Small things, like he said the teeth and tongue. Plus the whole Locust don't age at a normal rate thing. They grow up quicker than humans, so it wouldn't really make sense for them to send out infants to fight, especially considering they outnumber the humans.
    Last edited by HalfFroMan; 02-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    --- Gears of War 2: \\★// - Gears of War 3: 46 ---
    Make Onyx Noticeable! - Thanks Voodoo_nachoman‎ for the KA Com Dom and Nin0 for the BAMF SGE! - Official Gears 3 FAQ!
    Gamertag: HalfFroMan - Time "Invested" On Gears 3: 645 hours - Raptr: HalfFroMan
    EGFC Member

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by I Love U Jesus View Post
    Yes .
    The you have my sympathies lol.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

The you have my sympathies lol.
    You're just jealous of my incredibly smooth skin.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

It kinda does make sense...

They're both the most annoying Locust
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love U Jesus View Post
    Well, I have wondered before if Wretches are baby Locusts. Are they really? Probably not.
    Wretches are degenerate locusts. Meaning they are mentally and physically inferior compared to other locusts. Given the kantus standing in their societal ladder, not likely infant kantus.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfFroMan View Post
    Sure, not my images. Got them off of Gears wiki. Use the "[shot ]" tags.

No I don't, but I'm just talking anatomically different. Small things, like he said the teeth and tongue. Plus the whole Locust don't age at a normal rate thing. They grow up quicker than humans, so it wouldn't really make sense for them to send out infants to fight, especially considering they outnumber the humans.
    Not sure where this aging info came from but it certainly isn't official.
    Last edited by NFI; 02-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

I am a GEAR in the COG army!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karma Cop52

No wonder the Kantus unleashes those demented battlefield screams....it's so traumatized from its Wretch childhood. Image growing up a wretch from a poor wretch grubhole. I'd have a chip on my non-existant shoulder too.

BTW, yah you're crazy OP and I think you might just like it that way. Hats off to ya!
    Gears - Tai /Col.Hoffman|| Locust - Flame Grenadier/Golden Miner # Cheers VIKING/CHEEZ/Br4inDead for Jungling me out
    GzB Captain - Great White North ~ EGFC Private First Class #204
    "If a man could pass through Paradise in a dream, and have a flower presented to him as a pledge that his soul had really been there, and if he found that flower in his hand when he awoke- what then?"

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OpTiMuS HeAlEy

nonononoonononononononono
    This wont hurt abit ... You'll just die !!!
    26/10/2011 I Got My Wings

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Crazy or not there are enough similarities between the two for it to be a possibility

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xICooRsYIx

Kantus has 5 fingers. Just saying

-xICooRsYIx
    My Gears of War Collection!!

My Youtube Channel
    Subscribe.Comment.Like.PLEASE!

Banned

Lol that makes sense, especially the stun part.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xICooRsYIx View Post
    Kantus has 5 fingers. Just saying

-xICooRsYIx
    5 fingers??? looks like 4 and a thumb to me? so does a Wretch, see...

Last edited by snorkelbottom; 02-29-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

And heres more proof from in game...

Four fingers, one thumb.

Regards the second row of teeth, longer tongue and healing scream; these obviously would develop with age.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can see where the OP is coming from on this. The stun just does it for me. Maybe they're related if anything! hahaha
    Gears Judgment Rank: 8 "Good at Gears"
    Gears 3 Rank: \\☆// "War Hero"
    Gears 2 Rank: \\☆//
    Gears 1 Seriously Achieved
    Gears 1: 1250/1250 | Gears 2: 1750/1750 | Gears 3: 1900/2000

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rowken

i see the comparison, nice theory.
    Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750 \\☆//
    Gears of War 3 1480/1750 Re-up 1/3

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GraffitiRobot

Fascinating...
    Tai/RAAM
    Member of the Old Guard

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Major Warrior

Not possible, otherwise we would have seen Kantus since the first Gears but we didn't and the Kantus were that of their own group for awhile until the Kantus and the Horde, for lack of a better term, found each other.

I could be slightly wrong about the last part but I'm sure about the first.
    GT: Major Warrior
    It's always best to keep a cool head in a game, otherwise it'll just get hotter and hotter.
    Help support us on bringing back Brothers To The End (BTTE)!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Warrior View Post
    Not possible, otherwise we would have seen Kantus since the first Gears but we didn't and the Kantus were that of their own group for awhile until the Kantus and the Horde, for lack of a better term, found each other.

I could be slightly wrong about the last part but I'm sure about the first.
    The proof is before your eyes my friend, we didn't see Kantus in Gears 1 for two reasons...

1. Epic hadn't designed them.

2. The Locust was confident of victory and didn't need to support its troops.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HRPac

majority is wrong sometimes... in this case, I cannot agree with TC's premise. besides for the scream, I see no similarities in behavior or intelligence.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

No.

(10 Charizard's)
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by aLGaK-Fan View Post
    majority is wrong sometimes... in this case, I cannot agree with TC's premise. besides for the scream, I see no similarities in behavior or intelligence.
    yeah, the amount of times I've seen an intelligent baby that behaves like an adult, come on man.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPuritania

Hmm I can see the similarities but considering how high the Kantus are up in the Locust hierachy and how low wretches are I don't think it would be likely. Interesting post though.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xJ A Y View Post
    Hmm I can see the similarities but considering how high the Kantus are up in the Locust hierachy and how low wretches are I don't think it would be likely. Interesting post though.
    Choir boys and Monks, obviously not all wretches are clever, just like Drones; some are dumb some are clever, and the clever ones become Therons. Thus the clever Wretches become Kantus, maybe!

Gamer IDs

All humanoid locust have 4 fingers and a thumb. Wretches are dogs. Kantus are priests. They have 0 similarities other than the same similarities all locust share.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Gearhero

Lol, I've brought that up before to my friends, we have also arrived at this conclusion. We also concluded that it is because wretches are so easy to kill that you don't come across too many Kanti.

Edit: It was a novelty conclusion, we're certain that this is not actually the case, but this is how we regard them considering it is humorous.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

"Majority in agreement." That statement really bothers me considering the Forums are the minitory... and only 20 people have agreed with you while 16 people disagreed with you.

Anyways...

I don't think so.
    Last edited by Fade To Bacon; 02-29-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GraffitiRobot

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    All humanoid locust have 4 fingers and a thumb. Wretches are dogs. Kantus are priests. They have 0 similarities other than the same similarities all locust share.
    Wretches are monkeys, not dogs.
    Tai/RAAM
    Member of the Old Guard

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTCRAWLER View Post
    Wretches are monkeys, not dogs.
    Technically they are "monkey dog things" but I was referring to the Locust hierarchy.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

I actually hypothesized this the first week of the game after playing a bunch of Beast games. It makes sense because they look alike and both scream in similar ways. I wouldn't say Wretches are infants, probably more like children. I also think tickers grow into bloodmounts.

I don't read the books, but I would hope the Locust origin, evolution, and life cycles would be explained at some point.
    -thesuicidefox-

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast