MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Blood splatter tutorials please help!!!!!!!!

So i decided to make blood come out of my enemies and me and i 've made a blood emitter but when i just i test it on a flat surface it works but when i use it on a non flat surface like stairs rocks etc.... It hits it but it just floats just like shadowgun on ipod how the blood on the stairs floats on it but half of the emitter touches it but other half doesnt so i want a emitter which works like a decal cause you know how decals overlaps on stairs and rocks yeah thats what i want........

Thanks....
    Sorry for long post
    zen_shen

MSgt. Shooter Person

Any one i really want this man i've been trying to figure it out for 3 months.....
    zen_shen

MSgt. Shooter Person

So you want a blood decal that appears on walls etc, or you want a blood particle effect to appear on the character?

MSgt. Shooter Person

sup i want a emitter woring like decals like halo reach and other games cause when u make a blood emitter and play it on lets say stairs half of the blood effects will sticking out of the stairs u try it and you'll see. cause gears of war does that and gears of war is made by the same engine right
    zen_shen

Particle emitters create particles, they aren't like decals at all. They cannot work the same because they aren't the same.

Sounds like you are trying to create a static particle in place of a decal, that's not what they are used for at all. Use a decal.

And no, Halo Reach does not use unreal engine.
    I'm making a game!

http://www.desura.com/games/modulated
    Click the link above to read more!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StormTruppen

What you need is to do it like..

1. Use a Particle Emitter for Hit FX for the Player Character/NPCs.
    2. Use a Decal for Blood Spatters for the Surface.

It will Only Float if you use a Texture.. Decal is totally different. I am not sure about ShadowGun/Unity, but a Decal will just do it fine. No more sticking out. We did the same thing in our Prototype & it worked like a charm.
    Co-Founder/Director - PLAYSTORM ENTERTAINMENT PVT. LTD.

K9GamingStudios is now PLAYSTORM ENTERTAINMENT PVT. LTD.
    Military Style Multiplayer FPS Game : Battle for Survival in the most Explosive Locations of Modern Conflicts.
    Recruiting good, dedicated Programmers & Artists for our UDK Project. Contact me NOW!

MSgt. Shooter Person

For particle blood effects:
    Make sure the damage type you are using for your weapons has "bcausesblood=true" in its default properties. Determine the particle effects themselves in the enemy's familyinfo (it's under hiteffects or something).
    For decals to appear:
    This functionality is already present in UDK, all you need to do is change the decal itself to your liking, if you so desire. The decal effect can be found in UTPawn (search for LeaveABloodSplatterDecal).

MSgt. Shooter Person

i still dont get it can u guys tell me how to make the particle and how to spawn it when the player or bot get hit

MSgt. Shooter Person

And yes i know that halo reach wasnt made by unreal engine im a halo fan and i was just doing an example

MSgt. Shooter Person

And do i replace the particle material to a decal or do i make a decal and dont assign it the particle and does the particle just have to be the blood coming out effect

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Black Fang666

This is just my opinion, but I think you would benefit from using Google as well as taking an English class.
    Want to collaborate? Want to chat UDK? Message me on Skype, Craig Delancy. Check out my UDK Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xblBlack...ew=0&flow=grid

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry i can speak and write english perfectly i was born in australia and i still live there and i've been on my phone lately and and its hard to type
    zen_shen

MSgt. Shooter Person

You need to slow down and think about this. The information I provided you should be enough to get you started.

MSgt. Shooter Person

listen i need a very descriptive tutorial on how to make it including tutorial to assign it to unrealscript.....any way shindawg did u mean that to just to make the blood emitter (the blood squirting out) and make a decal to spawn wherever the emitter squirts right
    zen_shen

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey guys would this work

Grab a blood emitter spraying blood only then get a blood decal

Then in unrealscript assign the emitter to the pawn and make it play when it takes damage and spawn a decal where the damaged player is or where one of the particles landed....
    zen_shen