Banned

Default Should all starting weapons have a stun after melee?

Ok so the the gnasher has a slight stun after you melee so the two piece thank god is useless. The same cant be said with the other starting lancer excluded. You can melee with your retro take half the health then shoot, same with sawed off doesn't really happen to me all that often but I do hear complaining in games so I was wondering if this bothers others or just a minor inconvenience or none at all...?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: emperor dogma

I didn't even know you could do this with a Sawed-Off.
    Thank you Flak for the
    Savage Kantus,
    Mechanic Barid,
    and Flaming Hammerburst
    I can never repay you for your act of kindness. 02/04/2012
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emperor dogma View Post
    I thinks it's after a miss they meele you.. Ppl are saying there should be a stun after to be fair like the gnasher I think that sounds fair but it doesn't seem to happen all that often anymore .. Less sawed offs

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: emperor dogma

Quote Originally Posted by Pro v View Post
    I thinks it's after a miss they meele you.. Ppl are saying there should be a stun after to be fair like the gnasher I think that sounds fair but it doesn't seem to happen all that often anymore .. Less sawed offs
    Well the Sawed-Off has only 4 shots and the Gnasher has 16 how is that fair.
    Thank you Flak for the
    Savage Kantus,
    Mechanic Barid,
    and Flaming Hammerburst
    I can never repay you for your act of kindness. 02/04/2012
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin.

Banned

I dunno! All I hear is complaints online I wanted to see if there's any truth to it

Iron Guard

Sawed off users miss n try to melee u to death after it because they are gay and useless at this game! I usually get away, down them and change to my pistol, hold Y and then either punch their face in or rip their arm off!

Banned

Ya there's ways to counter but I wanna know what ppl think if there should be a stun after you melee to make
    It even like the gnasher

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Felix999478

taking out the stun from the melee was one of the best changes they did!
    GT: Felix999478
    My Brother to the End: Gundel AvHeadi
    Thanks to you guys who gave me the Flaming Lancer, SGE and now Jungle Tai You are the best :P

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeros Sabre

It has a decent stun to it, I wish it did more damage at the very least. You should be somewhat rewarded after managing to get that close to them to melee. The sawed off stun is ridiculous I swear I get sucked like a vacuum into their second hit

Banned

But should the person doing the melee with the retro and sawed be stunned after hitting b just like gnasher users?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Attrition x

I find the melee system in this game to be very annoying in general, a lot of the time I well get hit when the guy swings in the other direction... I don't know.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rowken

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    Sawed off users miss n try to melee u to death after it because they are gay and useless at this game! I usually get away, down them and change to my pistol, hold Y and then either punch their face in or rip their arm off!
    What does sexual orientation have to do with the kind of gun you use?

I mean I use the sawed off and last time I checked I'm straight.
    Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750 \\☆//
    Gears of War 3 1480/1750 Re-up 1/3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheXenWorld

The best way to counter a sawn off person who melee's after they miss you is just to melee back. Chances are you've already shot them. So they should go down. If not then back up and repeat.
    Protip: Wall Bouncing doesn't help against a bot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emperor dogma View Post
    Funny story: I actually end up having to melee people down with my Sawed-Off, after my point blank shot only partially hurts them.

I only use the Sawed-Off because my Gnasher kept shooting marshmallows.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: presc1ence

Ok so the the gnasher has a slight stun after you melee so the two piece thank god is useless.
    So its like all the melee was in gears1? SWEEEEET!
    I hadn't even noticed after the (wrong) two piece fest that gears 2 was! If it's not on the other guns though , it really should be!

Sadly I know that the devs LOOOOVE using the (wrong) two piece, so i doubt it'll ever completely go.
    In fact it make sense that if they like it the kept it for the SOS! lol!

Banned

Ok I just wanna know is it not fair for the person who does the melee to be stunned after like the gnasher.. As it stands u meele with the gnasher there's a stun for the person who is doing the meele. Now shouldnt that appl also to retro meele and sawed off meele as a sort of a means for balance?

Banned

Oh, there's also this issue of people short-range retro-charging, and then shooting you down.... or at least, attempting to. Last night I was in a game where that was literally all the enemy team did. They'd retro charge you from 5 feet away, and then shoot. So my team switched to Sawed-Off.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThorsBaldEagle

In a word, NO. The Gnasher is OP as it is, nerfing anything else by adding a stun will further change this game into a one gun game. Which is boring for everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsBaldEagle View Post
    In a word, NO. The Gnasher is OP as it is, nerfing anything else by adding a stun will further change this game into a one gun game. Which is boring for everyone.
    The way the Gnasher is now, no one should ever need to get within melee range anyway. You can gib people in one shot from pretttyyyyyyy far away...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsBaldEagle View Post
    My friend every gun is op I do admitt the gnasher is op... But know the sawed off has the reverse 2 piece grim gears 2 b4 it was meele than shot now it's shoot than meele Down so what's the difference?

Iron Guard

I occaisionly do that, yet I'm OK at the game and heterosexual.

That's stupid what you just said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito117 View Post
    I occaisionly do that, yet I'm OK at the game and heterosexual.

That's stupid what you just said.
    I think. His beef is the gun is to easy to use which is is purpose in the game and what makes ppl frustrated cuz they feel It takes away from the skill needed

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: presc1ence

My friend every gun is op I do admitt the gnasher is op... But know the sawed off has the reverse 2 piece grim gears 2 b4 it was meele than shot now it's shoot than meele Down so what's the difference?
    Fun facts!!:

Your revese two-piece is the ACTUAL two-piece from gears1 (as it always should have been) the reverse one is the damned one from gears2 , now I know peeps will quickly disagree with that , but dems the facts!

The G1 one at least required some skill (not much admittedly) you have to be able to shoot them and THEN close the space to melee (the snub was aswesome for this). Whereas the G2 one is more about people rolling into gib range and spazzing around which does not really require much skill (especially as the melee in G2 auto-aimed so your next shot was nearly guaranteed).

So in short, shoot then melee old school and sorta OK, meele than shoot g2 and BAAAAAAAAD! IMHO anyways.

Banned

Ok but shouldn't all weapons have a stun after meele excluding the snub.. Like your retro sawed off.. If the gnasher has a stun after meele then it's only fair for the other starting weapons to act in the same respect

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FLaW ChRiS

The melee is not useless, it's just much hard to use, the proper way to use it would be to melee your opponent after they are weak.
    Top 200 Gears of War 1 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 20 Gears of War 2 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 5 Gears of War 3 Ranked Execution.

Banned

No one is really answering the question of should all startin weapons stun you is ter you try to meele like the gnasher.. Shouldnt they to be fair why is one gun handicapped in that regard

Banned

Bumppppppp

Banned

Lol are we twins? Lol

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

Hell yes they all should. It is absolutally not fair.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Array Blankie

Meh, Stun doesn't bother me. But then again, I'll just stick to my lancer xD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LEGI0N47 View Post
    Hell yes they all should. It is absolutally not fair.
    Agreed.. Now there are new version of a two piece like move.. The two foot retro chrage then shoot.. The sawed off miss then meele.. I do think the gnasher meele stun should stay. It it should be implemented to the retro and sawed off to be fair

i agree with the "retro charge then shoot" nerf. also, i think that if you dodge left or right then the retro charge should not damage u at all, or at least be reduced. i am sick of getting stabbed in my pinky toe and getting full red.

u make it sound like someone is melee'ing you like a combo of punches after a SOS miss, lol. i understand what u mean and it happens to me also, but i don't think the SOS needs a stun modifier. if someone gets close enough to miss with the sawed off (clip you with a few pellets), mellee you, and then melee again without u being able to melee or shoot them back, then there is a problem. but i haven't experienced that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by risingerj View Post
    i agree with the "retro charge then shoot" nerf. also, i think that if you dodge left or right then the retro charge should not damage u at all, or at least be reduced. i am sick of getting stabbed in my pinky toe and getting full red.

u make it sound like someone is melee'ing you like a combo of punches after a SOS miss, lol. i understand what u mean and it happens to me also, but i don't think the SOS needs a stun modifier. if someone gets close enough to miss with the sawed off (clip you with a few pellets), mellee you, and then melee again without u being able to melee or shoot them back, then there is a problem. but i haven't experienced that.
    It only takes one hit with the sawed off after a miss assuming it did some damage.. IMO if one gun has a stun they all should