Thumbs down Level Sizing Question

Well, I went and did what every newb does: I made my level a really funky size. I have measured it at about 300,000 pixels across. This is much too big. The player is tiny in comparison, and the level is really not supposed to be a vast landscape, it is just the inside of a spaceship.

I am wondering about a quick way to scale down the entire level. The geometry is fairly simple so I am sure I can rearrange things easily after scaling. Any tips? It would be a lot better than resizing each piece individually.

Thank you...

Select all and scale? Using the scale tool on multiple object also repositions so they are the same relative to eachother.
    I'm making a game!

http://www.desura.com/games/modulated
    Click the link above to read more!

MSgt. Shooter Person

the only problem with large levels is memory overhead, and that can be accounted for by using LevelStreamingVolumes. you just need to figure out logical places to put them so that the loads are not noticed, and the sections being loaded are not enormous. sometimes I like having a large level to run around in (as long as I have save feature, and some kind of a general map)

Thanks to both posters.. great info. I'll scale it down I think... but all I'm wondering is ... uh... how do I select all!? =)

MSgt. Shooter Person

In the Content Browser, go to the Scene Tab. Make sure the 'Auto Select?' checkbox is Checked. Your scene contents are listed in the spreadsheet below. 'shift-select' all of the items. Hit the [F] button next to the auto-select checkbox to focus the camera on all the scenes. Switch to the Scale tool (top toolbar, near Move, etc). Scale.

Alternately, in the Levels Tab of the Content Browser, right click on the level, click on 'Select All Actors' or 'Select All'. Scale using Scale tool.

MSgt. Shooter Person

In the Content Browser, go to the Scene Tab. Make sure the 'Auto Select?' checkbox is Checked. Your scene contents are listed in the spreadsheet below. '****-select' all of the items. Hit the [F] button next to the auto-select checkbox to focus the camera on all the scenes. Switch to the Scale tool (top toolbar, near Move, etc). Scale.

Alternately, in the Levels Tab of the Content Browser, right click on the level, click on 'Select All Actors' or 'Select All'. Scale using Scale tool.

You ALL have been so helpful! Thank you!!!