Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: inDOMitable1NE

Exclamation Sawed Off and it's flaws by nature and why Ghasner IS a testement to skilled player.

I'll go on record that I only used "sawed off" once and no satisfaction off a on that note, Thank you!
    Those that use this weapon may argue my tittle post.

While you run up on someone and sawed them off I wish YOU good luck. All I see time and, time again is them running around reloading while I, and many others who use Ghasner will cap 5 in your rears! I may be biased because Ghasner is my secondary Weapon after the Lancer. in my opinion it takes tactical skill moves to use
    Ghasner and far more gratifying to pop a head off a player than a sawed off.

Can anyone think of more reasons that you can do with Ghasner against sawed off.
    Last edited by BattleHeart117; 02-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    \\★//New GamerTag as of March 27th, 2012\\★//
    inDOMitable1NE

Redeemer

Ghasner.....

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

My gnasher >>> your ghasner.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: inDOMitable1NE

Yeah, I know. I spelled it incorrectly. lol. Fixed. Don't worry though its my fault not a sever problem.
    \\★//New GamerTag as of March 27th, 2012\\★//
    inDOMitable1NE

Banned

The sawed-off has significantly less damage range than the gnasher and less gib range than the gnasher. It also has only one shot compared to the gnasher's 5, and an active reload is much harder to get than with the gnasher and even then it does **** all if you do get it as you've only got one shot, which again, sucks compared to the gnasher's active reload, which is so powerful that it has almost single-handily contributed to the rise of the "anti-actives" mentality that many of the "elite" players have.

The only thing the sawed-off has that is superior to the gnasher is a farther spread.

So, doing the math of adding up the pros and cons of the weapons, and examining them, it would actually appear that the sawed-off takes considerably more skill to be affective with than the gnasher does.
    Last edited by BlaxicanX; 02-26-2012 at 03:44 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chaos Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
    The sawed-off has significantly less damage range than the gnasher and less gib range than the gnasher. It also has only one shot compared to the gnasher's 5, and an active reload is much harder to get than with the gnasher and even then it does **** all if you do get it as you've only got one shot, which again, sucks compared to the gnasher's active reload, which is so powerful that it has almost single-handily contributed to the rise of the "anti-actives" mentality that many of the "elite" players have.

The only thing the sawed-off has that is superior to the gnasher is a farther spread.

So, doing the math of adding up the pros and cons of the weapons, and examining them, it would actually appear that the sawed-off takes considerably more skill to be affective with than the gnasher does.
    I love logic.
    Unfortunately yours will probably be overseen by irrational emotions for the Gnasher.
    I honestly preferred Gears 3 before all of the silly updates. Everything was just better for players who didn't whore Multiplayer, and liked that every weapon had it's place. At least in my opinion.

Appreciation to the Cole Train: Now I have a Commando Dom

Banned

The current gnasher barely requires skill. Its range is too long, and its too easy to gib someone within 15ft of you. Go back to gears 1 and you will see how good you need to be to consistently kill people with the gnasher.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Isaac View Post
    I love logic.
    Unfortunately yours will probably be overseen by irrational emotions for the Gnasher.
    A weapon where it needs hardly any ability ao aim to gib is more skillful? A gun created and admitted by rod being a shotgun for those who suck with the gnasher is more skill full?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Isaac View Post
    I love logic.
    Yeah there is no logic there. Base your "logic" on real world experience.....and here it is.

This "logic" neglects the fact that gnasher user dont hit 100% of the time. So all a SOS user has to do it dodge 1 shot, rush in and pull the trigger. The hardest part about the SOS is waiting until the last second to shoot. You dont have to aim, and that IS THE HARDEST PART IN GEARS OF WAR. Aiming is what makes someone good, and the SOS doesn't require aiming.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteGrim View Post
    Yeah there is no logic there. Base your "logic" on real world experience.....and here it is.

This "logic" neglects the fact that gnasher user dont hit 100% of the time. So all a SOS user has to do it dodge 1 shot, rush in and pull the trigger. The hardest part about the SOS is waiting until the last second to shoot. You dont have to aim, and that IS THE HARDEST PART IN GEARS OF WAR. Aiming is what makes someone good, and the SOS doesn't require aiming.
    Fail logic there, so according to you i don't need to aim with the sawed-off, so that means I can shoot backwards and still get the person in front of me, fail logic. All weapons require you to aim, wether it blind fire aim or LT aim, it's still aiming
    There's less to talk about these days

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tysodie View Post
    Fail logic there, so according to you i don't need to aim with the sawed-off, so that means I can shoot backwards and still get the person in front of me, fail logic. All weapons require you to aim, wether it blind fire aim or LT aim, it's still aiming
    This gun is such a crutch for ppl who can't aim.. If the person is to the far right or left of u they still die even tho the gun is. It aimed at them. So yes it does not require aim hardly any

MSgt. Shooter Person

in reaction to you epicly great logic i suggest we all start a slow clap.

<clap>
    Nice match. It was a good time. Catch you later. <--------Try this next time over screaming your head off on how you were robbed of the victory.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zyroth

Gnasher looks cooler aswell.

/Thread

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FLaW ChRiS

Quote Originally Posted by BattleHeart117 View Post
    I'll go on record that I only used "sawed off" once and no satisfaction off a on that note, Thank you!
    Those that use this weapon may argue my tittle post.

While you run up on someone and sawed them off I wish YOU good luck. All I see time and, time again is them running around reloading while I, and many others who use Ghasner will cap 5 in your rears! I may be biased because Ghasner is my secondary Weapon after the Lancer. in my opinion it takes tactical skill moves to use
    Ghasner and far more gratifying to pop a head off a player than a sawed off.

Can anyone think of more reasons that you can do with Ghasner against sawed off.
    This is just common sense, nothing new.
    Top 200 Gears of War 1 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 20 Gears of War 2 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 5 Gears of War 3 Ranked Execution.

Banned

No my logic isn't a failure, your comprehension is. You know exactly what I mean. As long as the guy is in front of your character, he is dead if he is in range.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pro v View Post
    A weapon where it needs hardly any ability ao aim to gib is more skillful? A gun created and admitted by rod being a shotgun for those who suck with the gnasher is more skill full?
    If two players in a 1v1 situation run right into each other, then no it doesn't take much skill to log a kill with a sawed-off. However, how often does that happen? For me, I play KotH mostly and it is a rare occasion to have an isolated situation like that. The sawed-off currently does take more skill to be effective with than does the gnasher. It takes more effort to generate the same output.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Abeastnamedjoe

Of coarse the gnasher users come in and start complaining that it sucks and should be removed.that why i dont make polls about if the sawed should be nerfed because the majority of all the people who say it should stay the same are gnasher fanboys
    ,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

Hammerburst Pro!!!
    Thank you IIILYCANIII for the SGE and the com dom

MSgt. Shooter Person

< clap> for logic win
    Nice match. It was a good time. Catch you later. <--------Try this next time over screaming your head off on how you were robbed of the victory.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPuritania

Coming from someone with 10K kills with the Gnasher and 2K with the Sawed-Off, the Sawed-Off requires more skill to use imo. The Gnasher has a quicker reload time, more range, very powerful active and a ton of ammo, the only thing better about the sawed off is the spread.

That being said no gun in this game requires skill to use with the exception of the Longshot, Torque and Boltok. Skill is all about a players movement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aweZm View Post
    If two players in a 1v1 situation run right into each other, then no it doesn't take much skill to log a kill with a sawed-off. However, how often does that happen? For me, I play KotH mostly and it is a rare occasion to have an isolated situation like that. The sawed-off currently does take more skill to be effective with than does the gnasher. It takes more effort to generate the same output.
    Koth is the easiest to rack up kill with corner camping and when groups of ppl are capping.. I'm sorry ur entitled to ur opinion but I do not agree with it

Banned

I didn't say it wasn't effective in KotH. But it is far less effective and takes more effort to generate the same amount of kills. I guess that is also because I am very good with the gnasher; so for someone like you that may not be so capable, then the output may be more similar. That isn't an opinion, it is a fact based on my own individual averages and I feel that it could be extrapolated to other good players.

I mean just think, you have four shots with the sawed-off and it is harder to find ammo for it. You can't take on a steady stream of enemies like you can with the gnasher. The range is so short that it demands very little respect and groups of enemies approach you differently than if you had a gnasher. Sure like you said you can rack up some kills in KotH around the point and in areas of the map that aren't open. If you want to be very efficient with the sawed-off, then you have to carefully pick your targets and closing times. In other words, it is much more limited in its usefulness than is the gnasher so if you can aim the gnasher at all then it will be the easier weapon to generate a good kill output.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aweZm View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't effective in KotH. But it is far less effective and takes more effort to generate the same amount of kills. I guess that is also because I am very good with the gnasher; so for someone like you that may not be so capable, then the output may be more similar. That isn't an opinion, it is a fact based on my own individual averages and I feel that it could be extrapolated to other good players.

I mean just think, you have four shots with the sawed-off and it is harder to find ammo for it. You can't take on a steady stream of enemies like you can with the gnasher. The range is so short that it demands very little respect and groups of enemies approach you differently than if you had a gnasher. Sure like you said you can rack up some kills in KotH around the point and in areas of the map that aren't open. If you want to be very efficient with the sawed-off, then you have to carefully pick your targets and closing times. In other words, it is much more limited in its usefulness than is the gnasher so if you can aim the gnasher at all then it will be the easier weapon to generate a good kill output.
    Ok I'm not capable with a gnasher... That's hilarious.. Maybe it's u suck with the sawed off.. U can't use it the same way as the gnasher but that doesn't mean it requires more skill... A gun that needs very little aim compared to a gun that relies on aim.. Come on

Banned

Also I see in qm ppl only running around with sawed off getting 30+ kills.. It's Easy to blow your load in a middle of a Baylor and run away un noticed or untouched cuz of the chaos around so I do not agree with ur points

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chaos Isaac

Well, when you compare it directly to how much more lenient the Gnasher is at making a mistake; yes, yes I can say that.
    I'm sure if someone ran up and got a desperation kill with the last round of their Gnasher with a point blank shot, the reaction would be entirely different though fundamentally the same.
    I honestly preferred Gears 3 before all of the silly updates. Everything was just better for players who didn't whore Multiplayer, and liked that every weapon had it's place. At least in my opinion.

Appreciation to the Cole Train: Now I have a Commando Dom

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I've actually been thinking about the comparison between the Sawed-off and the Gnasher, after using the Gnasher for a little while I came to the conclusion that it was more forgiving for mistakes made, whereas the Sawed-off, if you miss your shot you're more than likely going to be killed. Basically, Sawed-off requires more effort, despite what people might say

Banned

Lol, the sawed off has been ridiculed enough, gnashers just eat's this gun now.

Banned

The gnasher made gears of war better then any game on the market to this day.

The Sawed off has encouraged totally awfull players to kill so easy it has ruined the game :-)

Not to that extent ok it is much better now then it was but the point remains that gears changed from its unique amazing and original gameplay to just..... another shooter

Banned

I still don't get how anyone can say the sawed off takes more skill or effort.. The gun was design for ppl who aren't good at the game it came out the mouth of rod himself

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil_Stuffa View Post
    The gnasher made gears of war better then any game on the market to this day.

The Sawed off has encouraged totally awfull players to kill so easy it has ruined the game :-)

Not to that extent ok it is much better now then it was but the point remains that gears changed from its unique amazing and original gameplay to just..... another shooter
    One gun single handedly destroyed gears? I think not! There are so many weapons that counter the SoS. Even the Gorgon beats the SoS. Gears did not become just another shooter because of the SoS. It's how the players react to things in the game that change the game. SoS IMO IS TERRIBLE. It is easily beat by any other weapon in the game.
    Last edited by ValeraPitiesDaFool; 02-26-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I still don't get how anyone can say the sawed off takes more skill or effort.. The gun was design for ppl who aren't good at the game it came out the mouth of rod himself
    that statement was made pre-nerf

Edit: I still don't know why people are getting worked up over 1 shotgun, you have Zeta right there that doesn't have it in it, enjoy your Lancer and Gnasher only battles
    Last edited by Tysodie; 02-26-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Banned

This "logic" neglects the fact that gnasher user dont hit 100% of the time.
    Neither does the sawed-off.

So all a SOS user has to do it dodge 1 shot, rush in and pull the trigger.
    And this isn't an even bigger problem for the sawed-off, that has like a 5 second reload time compared to the one-second it takes to fire a second time with the gnasher?
    You dont have to aim
    This may have been true before the nerf, but now it no longer is. The spread of the sawed-off will no longer kill everything in front of your screen. The gib range has been cut in what feels like half. It's still bigger than the gnasher's, but not by much.

And that's not counting the issue of the gib range. It doesn't matter how skilled you are with the sawed off. You will never beat a competent gnasher user in a head on battle because he will gib you before you can even get in range to take him down.

Iron Guard

Well, one would think that the SOS is the n00b weapon, but I have seen terrible players using it, with the nerf it's useless for n00bs. Nowadays if someone with the SOS gets close enough to kill you it usually is because he knows how to dodge Gnasher shots.

Banned

Neither does the sawed-off.

And this isn't an even bigger problem for the sawed-off, that has like a 5 second reload time compared to the one-second it takes to fire a second time with the gnasher?
    This may have been true before the nerf, but now it no longer is. The spread of the sawed-off will no longer kill everything in front of your screen. The gib range has been cut in what feels like half. It's still bigger than the gnasher's, but not by much.

And that's not counting the issue of the gib range. It doesn't matter how skilled you are with the sawed off. You will never beat a competent gnasher user in a head on battle because he will gib you before you can even get in range to take him down.
    The fact is everytime someone pisses with off by killing me with a SOS and I switch to the SOS I see how freaking easy it is to use the damn thing. Pull out a SOS in KOTH and its even easier to use. Using it nearly triple my kills because I was killing 2-3 guys per shot, then run away reload and kill another guy or two. The thing is way too easy to use.

Banned

Ok I'm not capable with a gnasher... That's hilarious.. Maybe it's u suck with the sawed off.. U can't use it the same way as the gnasher but that doesn't mean it requires more skill... A gun that needs very little aim compared to a gun that relies on aim.. Come on
    Most people will agree that the true skill in the game is movement, especially in Gears 3 where the shots are typically more reliable due to the better netcode. And after the nerf the sawed-off takes significantly more movement activity and ability to get in good positions to frag an enemy without being killed right after. And you are still using the aiming argument which I have already conceded in a 1v1 situation in close quarters the sawed-off doesn't take as much aim. If you can't see past that part then you won't see my point br0.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LigHt116

The SOS has longer gib range...and you failed to mention that one shot is only a downfall if you are fighting multiple people...the gun is a handicap...
    "Gears 1 was really Fast and we Slowed down Gears 2 a little bit; in terms of trying again to make it more Accessible..." - Rod Fergusson (Executive Producer) - (Dedicated Execution)

Ac-ces-si-ble: adjective Easy to use.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fresh Pineapple

I haven't read the previous posts, but every time someone claims that the sawed-off is some sort of inherently inferior weapon and the gnasher is like the gold standard, it doesn't tell me something about Gears of War. No. It tells me something about the poster's attitude. That they're failing to adapt to the new weapon.

Not that I want to revive that tired "you should adapt to us" argument that's been thrown around on these forums too much.
    This coming from a gnasher master (very close to onyxing the medal twice)
    * Gamertag: Fresh Pineapple.
    * Keeping an eye out for Aftermath Baird, Young Dom and Team Metal, but they're ever so scarce...
    * Clayton Carmine is a modern-day Roman legionary.
    * Thank you Yosoypr for being so generous and giving. Bless you!

Banned

Yes, of course the Ghasner takes more skill.

Banned

just me but i get kills way easyer with the gnasher than i do with the sos. so since its easyer with the gnasher i would say the sos takes more skill. and i know the sos was put in the game for new players but that went out the window when they nerfed it into oblivion. this being said im presenting you with opinions based on my exsperance not facts.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ben1bob

that statement was made pre-nerf

Edit: I still don't know why people are getting worked up over 1 shotgun, you have Zeta right there that doesn't have it in it, enjoy your Lancer and Gnasher only battles
    the statement was made pre-nerf yes. but READ the statement (it's in my sig). he doesn't talk about range, just the fact you don't have to aim the gun.

the Retro and SOS have ruined Gears. the Retro is probably the biggest offender as three quick RT taps and your opponent is dead.

the people that use both weapons are the ultimates in skilless killers.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ben1bob

The fact is everytime someone pisses with off by killing me with a SOS and I switch to the SOS I see how freaking easy it is to use the damn thing. Pull out a SOS in KOTH and its even easier to use. Using it nearly triple my kills because I was killing 2-3 guys per shot, then run away reload and kill another guy or two. The thing is way too easy to use.
    exactly man.

no matter what these people say i know myself how easy it is to kill with as i've used it myself. have almost 200 kills with it and feel like i'm exploiting every time i do use it because it really is far too easy to kill with.

worst case scenario with the gun is you get killed at the same time you use it. 1 kill 1 death. it's almost impossible to go negative with if you know how to use a control pad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast