Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person

... I use every single weapon and continue to do well. If anything, the skills that SOS and Retro users have are different from yours, but skills nonetheless. How much skill does it take to shoot the gnasher at a charging enemy? Not much. But the wallbouncing aspect of Gnasher battles does take skill. SOS users have to know the right time to flank or come rushing in, which is just as much a skill as anything else in the game. It's all about style of play, and the addition of the Retro and SOS adds to the spectrum of players. And if they didn't need skill, they wouldn't kill you, and you wouldn't be complaining. If they are so much worse than you, you should easily be able to counter their attacks and kill them.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

Quote Originally Posted by ben1bob View Post
    the statement was made pre-nerf yes. but READ the statement (it's in my sig). he doesn't talk about range, just the fact you don't have to aim the gun.

the Retro and SOS have ruined Gears. the Retro is probably the biggest offender as three quick RT taps and your opponent is dead.

the people that use both weapons are the ultimates in skilless killers.
    Retro and Sawed-off have not ruined gears, they never did, the people who believe this are the ones that didn't want change because they were too comfortable with the way things were. I don't see the Retro or Sawed-off as noob weapons like most people do, I think of them more as the weapons that get the job done effectively and efficiently, why else would I use them?

Argue what you like, my opinion on the subject won't change, call it noob, call it garbage, I don't care, I'll just call it what it is to me, fun and enjoyable, as it was mean't to be
    There's less to talk about these days

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tysodie View Post
    Argue what you like, my opinion on the subject won't change, call it noob, call it garbage, I don't care, I'll just call it what it is to me, fun and enjoyable, as it was mean't to be
    Spoken like a champ.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThorsBaldEagle

"The Gnasher is a testament to those that can't or won't 'adapt'"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsBaldEagle View Post
    "The Gnasher is a testament to those that can't or won't 'adapt'"
    Not necessarily. I use both the Gnasher and SOS and can do just fine with both of them, but I prefer the Gnasher like you or many others prefer the SOS. There are a lot of people who can't or won't adapt but that doesn't mean every Gnasher user is one of them.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Skizzorz View Post
    Not necessarily. I use both the Gnasher and SOS and can do just fine with both of them, but I prefer the Gnasher like you or many others prefer the SOS. There are a lot of people who can't or won't adapt but that doesn't mean every Gnasher user is one of them.
    This is true, however its the vocal minority that spoil it for everyone else. I'm quite handy with both guns, and interchange regularly depending on playlist.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsBaldEagle View Post
    This is true, however its the vocal minority that spoil it for everyone else. I'm quite handy with both guns, and interchange regularly depending on playlist.
    True fact. I just don't think it's fair to group people together due to a few people who are over-the-top about it. (see Al Quieda [sp?] and the Westboro Baptist Church)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Skizzorz View Post
    True fact. I just don't think it's fair to group people together due to a few people who are over-the-top about it. (see Al Quieda [sp?] and the Westboro Baptist Church)
    Haha yeah, and then serious trouble happens! oh wait...

I'd just like some people to realise that this is not Gears 2, or even Gears 2.5, this is Gears 3 and vastly different in a lot of ways to the previous titles. I don't want to see the franchise go backwards and end up being a 'prettier' version of a previous title.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i personally like both shotguns...
    they have good and bad moments..
    when i get the chance during the game i pick up/carry both of them..

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ben1bob

Retro and Sawed-off have not ruined gears, they never did, the people who believe this are the ones that didn't want change because they were too comfortable with the way things were. I don't see the Retro or Sawed-off as noob weapons like most people do, I think of them more as the weapons that get the job done effectively and efficiently, why else would I use them?

exactly, they get the job done far too effectively and efficiently! hence the reason many people are annoyed by them.

it's not about what is comfortable. trust me, i do great with the Retro and SOS as it's hard not to do great if you've played the past Gears and then get given nuclear weapons as loadout options in Gears 3. it's about what is challenging and fun. it is no challenge to use the Retro and/or SOS.

i played Gears 1 and 2 cos they were a challenge for everyone as the loadout options were limited, therefore the game was more balanced. fast forward to Gears 3 and you can now pick a loadout that gets you easy kills.

it has killed the essence of Gears. Gears is different now, and worse for it imo.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fohf

I actually feel like the gnasher is an easier weapon to get kills with and I don't consider myself that good. I have 3 times as many kills with the gnasher than any other single weapon. (and more kills with the gnasher than all 3 rifles combined).

I hate the SoS, but only cause it's limited range and one shot, slow reload.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spaceSuicide PSN ID: Nick-Sixx

Quote Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
    So, doing the math of adding up the pros and cons of the weapons, and examining them, it would actually appear that the sawed-off takes considerably more skill to be affective with than the gnasher does.
    You are absolutely correct.

I'm a Gnasher user and I agree.
    if i wanted to kill myself, i'd f*cking kill myself. shotgun to the dick.
    i'm a locust kinda guy.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mrspeedyturtle

Fail logic there, so according to you i don't need to aim with the sawed-off, so that means I can shoot backwards and still get the person in front of me, fail logic. All weapons require you to aim, wether it blind fire aim or LT aim, it's still aiming
    I can't tell you how many times I have dove behind a SO user and still died.
    A big thanks to these people!: Kenagain (Web Skin). UNDEAD MIKE 95(Paint Skin).Yosoypr (Jungle Tai). TheArkgaurd (Big Game Skin)

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A720BOXER

The sawed-off has significantly less damage range than the gnasher and less gib range than the gnasher. It also has only one shot compared to the gnasher's 5, and an active reload is much harder to get than with the gnasher and even then it does **** all if you do get it as you've only got one shot, which again, sucks compared to the gnasher's active reload, which is so powerful that it has almost single-handily contributed to the rise of the "anti-actives" mentality that many of the "elite" players have.

The only thing the sawed-off has that is superior to the gnasher is a farther spread.

So, doing the math of adding up the pros and cons of the weapons, and examining them, it would actually appear that the sawed-off takes considerably more skill to be affective with than the gnasher does.
    -_- this guy (someone uses sawed off)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteGrim View Post
    The fact is everytime someone pisses with off by killing me with a SOS and I switch to the SOS I see how freaking easy it is to use the damn thing. Pull out a SOS in KOTH and its even easier to use. Using it nearly triple my kills because I was killing 2-3 guys per shot, then run away reload and kill another guy or two. The thing is way too easy to use.
    And the same is true for the gnasher. I'm in the middle of trying to get my SoS medal and it's a pain in the ass because the gun sucks. So sometimes I get frustrated and switch to my gnasher and, whoop-dee-da, my K/D suddenly doubles.

The SOS has longer gib range...
    No it doesn't, not after the nerf. The gib range is far, far shorter than the gnashers.

Quote Originally Posted by A720BOXER View Post
    -_- this guy (someone uses sawed off)
    And so what if I do? How does that make my argument any weaker? If anything it makes it stronger, as I at the least know its limitations and strengths. Why should anyone take anything you have to say about the gun seriously, considering you don't ever use it?
    Last edited by BlaxicanX; 02-27-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brash Smurf

My wife finally switched from the SOS to the gnasher. She is amazed at how easy it is too use.

She earned her wings in gears2 so she has been playing for awhile

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

P
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpeedyTurtle View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I have dove behind a SO user and still died.
    Happens with the gnasher as well, think it had something to do with lagging hitboxes
    There's less to talk about these days

Banned

And the same is true for the gnasher. I'm in the middle of trying to get my SoS medal and it's a pain in the ass because the gun sucks. So sometimes I get frustrated and switch to my gnasher and, whoop-dee-da, my K/D suddenly doubles.

No it doesn't, not after the nerf. The gib range is far, far shorter than the gnashers.

And so what if I do? How does that make my argument any weaker? If anything it makes it stronger, as I at the least know its limitations and strengths. Why should anyone take anything you have to say about the gun seriously, considering you don't ever use it?
    His point is your making the gun seem more skillful cuz u use it and want it to be like b4 another crutch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brash Smurf View Post
    My wife finally switched from the SOS to the gnasher. She is amazed at how easy it is too use.

She earned her wings in gears2 so she has been playing for awhile
    well seeing as gears 2 was a gnasher
    Fest she should be easil getting kills with it
    Last edited by Pro v; 02-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Quote Originally Posted by Pro v View Post
    well seeing as gears 2 was a gnasher rest she should be easil getting kills with it
    *Fest.

10 pokeballs of jigglypuffs on the wall... 10 pokeballs on the wall...
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valera's too pimp View Post
    *Fest.

10 pokeballs of jigglypuffs on the wall... 10 pokeballs on the wall...
    That's so weird I editted it and it didnt change

Iron Guard

I like the effect of the so gib better but its harder to use lol. Gnasher is the only way fpr shottys
    Gears 3: LVL 100 Grand Executioner
    Cog: CL Marcus
    Locust: Any

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PR0D1GY FLAM3

The Gnasher can get more kills in a quick amount of time but it is HARD.
    The Sawed-off can get a kill easily but only ONE.

Onyx Prodigy wins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pro v View Post
    His point is your making the gun seem more skillful cuz u use it and want it to be like b4 another crutch
    If that's his point then he sucks at reading comprehension because I've never said a single thing that even hints at that being my point.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chaos Isaac

S/O's don't even get better if you active it. D:
    I honestly preferred Gears 3 before all of the silly updates. Everything was just better for players who didn't whore Multiplayer, and liked that every weapon had it's place. At least in my opinion.

Appreciation to the Cole Train: Now I have a Commando Dom

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cob i boC

Idk what the point of these threads are do you like seeing people argue. Everybody has their own opinions who cares if one person likes the gun more then the other, all I've been reading on this thread is arguments and every single person is saying the samethings. No wonder everybody is complain about teabaggers in the game it seems like everyone just hates each other without even getting to know one and other, how can you just argue with someone you don't know do you walk into someones house and te them their furniture sucks no that's disrespectful just like most of the stuff that is posted not just limited to this thread but others on the forums.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilTaffyapple

They both have their uses.

I prefer the Gnasher, but to say one is more skilled is redundant. The Gnasher has more shots, so more chances of killing a player / lots of players...

...whereas the Sawn Off has 1 chance, with less range.

How is the Gnasher therefore more skilled to use?

Just playing Devil's advocate here.
    Poppin' COG heads since November '06. Currently rocking Savage Genadier Elite / Savage Kantus and Mechanic Baird / Commando Dom like a boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by z0mbieDom View Post
    Seriously, shut up, quit your *****ing. Go to the store, purchase some Vagisil and some Leptoprin, get a warm fluffy pillow to cry into and shut up.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by cob i boc View Post
    Idk what the point of these threads are do you like seeing people argue. Everybody has their own opinions who cares if one person likes the gun more then the other, all I've been reading on this thread is arguments and every single person is saying the samethings. No wonder everybody is complain about teabaggers in the game it seems like everyone just hates each other without even getting to know one and other, how can you just argue with someone you don't know do you walk into someones house and te them their furniture sucks no that's disrespectful just like most of the stuff that is posted not just limited to this thread but others on the forums.
    i'd probably get on with most of these people in real life, but this is a forum to talk about the game. positives AND negatives.

i can't remember the last time i argued with anyone in real life. but in this forum i view Retro/SOS users as the enemy

i'm sure everybody is lovely really. don't mix up how people are on this forum with real life. i can be a right **** on here but i'm quite the gent in real life

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTaffyapple View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate here.
    no, you're just stirring the pot.

there is no need for a Devil's advocate in such a big thread as this. your question has been answered many times before.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xStrangeBrew

i honestly couldn't disagree more, that fact that the gnasher has the ammo capacity and reloading ability that it does makes it much more versatile than the sawed-off. when using the sawed-off you really need to capitalize on that one shot, and be ready to take some damage to get the kill. i believe that makes the sawed-off a weapon that takes more skill, practice, and attention.
    --- xStrangeBrew ---
    --- Gears All Day ---

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xStrangeBrew

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxProdigy View Post
    The Gnasher can get more kills in a quick amount of time but it is HARD.
    The Sawed-off can get a kill easily but only ONE.

Onyx Prodigy wins.

Onyx Prodigy FTW
    --- xStrangeBrew ---
    --- Gears All Day ---

Redeemer
    DJ'ing a wedding after defeating some evil guys.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RainbowDash951

Quit complaining and play the game. That goes for everyone.
    Support the Onyx Silverback! Best skin ever!
    Post your Seriously 3.0 progress here!
    Supreme Allfather Level 68S 3.0 54/65COG: Mechanic Baird / Locust: Savage Drone
    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I tried sliding into cover once. Turns out 'sliding' isn't a real-world mechanic. I've only just found my right foot again.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxx HMFIC xxx

I think the effectiveness of the sos depends on the map. Smaller maps the sos can be a beast when there is not a lot of open space and lots of cover. Bigger maps its useless. As for skill I think you all have it covered.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilTaffyapple

Quote Originally Posted by ben1bob View Post
    no, you're just stirring the pot.

there is no need for a Devil's advocate in such a big thread as this. your question has been answered many times before.
    I didn't say I agreed with what I said...but someone will.

Both have their uses. The sawn-off is definitely a niche weapon. Some will see this as being a harder weapon to use, as you have to get close to the enemy to use it.

Like I said, I was playing devils advocate. But there will always be people who argue both sides of the coin.

Neither is right, no matter what anyone on these forums says/thinks.

That is the very definition of an opinion.
    Poppin' COG heads since November '06. Currently rocking Savage Genadier Elite / Savage Kantus and Mechanic Baird / Commando Dom like a boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by z0mbieDom View Post
    Seriously, shut up, quit your *****ing. Go to the store, purchase some Vagisil and some Leptoprin, get a warm fluffy pillow to cry into and shut up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12