View Poll Results: Should The Stun Be removed from the Ink Grenade?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove the stun and increase the area

141 51.27%
  • Remove the Stun, but keep the area the same

25 9.09%
  • Keep the Ink and the Stun as it is

109 39.64%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UIR Onyx Scott PSN ID: NI_Locust

The ink and the gorgon pistol was perfect in gears 2.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

MSgt. Shooter Person

I agree with Option A. The stun is irritating but I like the idea of increasing the range so it still has a roll in the game.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMuffinMan53

I only ever get killed when bots use them

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CHAINS4W

Im just going to stick with what I said about smokes. They are definitely adaptable and playable but I wouldnt mind decreasing the stun and increasing the range for ink.
    Proud EGFC Member #197 TWITTER
    Gears 1 Veteran
    \\★//--Gears 2
    \\★//--Gears 3
    "At the chainsaw buffet. The secret ingredient screams."

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rtma

Quote Originally Posted by Coleyman View Post
    Also this. Ink stun is yet another thing put in to make it even easier for casuals to get kills. Another example of catering the MP to casuals at the cost of alienating dedicated, hardcore fans.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: games should always be balanced around the highest-skilled level of play. Epic has not done that in Gears of War 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love U Jesus View Post
    This is the best post in this whole forum.
    And what's wrong with thinking about others other then self entitled elitists? I think the Ink grenade along with the smoke have viable options now.
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CGOWAddict

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Locust View Post
    The ink and the gorgon pistol was perfect in gears 2.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    That's what I thought, sometimes it's good to leave certain things the same

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x iBradderz x

The stun is what makes the Ink powerful. Maybe if stun time was reduced by like 0.5 secs that'd be helpful. If stun is removed Ink would need a wider cloud thing and more power. Much more.
    Thank You: PopeAdrian37th, Synner, III LYCAN III and The Anya Bunni

Meh Tweeterz!

SWAGGIN' ALL DAY ERRYDAY GOIN IN HARD LIKE A YOLO'ER 2k13 REPRESENTING THE WEST COAST

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Judg3mentDrag0n

I wish they made it like Gears 2 inks
    Feel free to add me on Raptr
    View my Gears Judg3ment Complete Guide Here
    Do you like getting achievements? Join TrueAchievements.com

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by You're Back Kim View Post
    The stun is what makes the Ink powerful. Maybe if stun time was reduced by like 0.5 secs that'd be helpful. If stun is removed Ink would need a wider cloud thing and more power. Much more.
    Kryll storm anyone? :3 Hahaha.
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Mordin Solus

IMO the current Smoke grenade stun should be tested on the Inks, though a stun will still exist-- at least you have the opportunity to escape. Increasing the AoE would also be a great idea.
    Last edited by iGoDz II DraGon; 02-25-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    - Mordin Solus

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maaaaaz

Stun Radius needs reducing
    The smog actually needs to do some damage
    Needs more consistency
    Civilian Anya -Flame Grenadier
    Level 47/100
    Team Metal Hammerburst - Team Metal Gnasher

The Retro Lancer- it has the DAMAGE and RANGE of the HB; it has the CLIP of the lancer; it has the 2PIECE of the Gnasher. And people say it's not OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIST GHILLIE View Post
    its kind of sad everything epic hates about gears is everything what made the first 2 games completely unique and straight up classics.

Boomshot

Quite a few threads on this now. I happy with it is but if it changes to the old format then cool.

With the older version you could get more kills per grenade whereas with this version its generally one kill.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

Quote Originally Posted by I Love U Jesus View Post
    This is the best post in this whole forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlamesWeTrust View Post
    http://pawsru.org/f/src/f113885_I%20Concur%20Gorilla.jpg
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    And what's wrong with thinking about others other then self entitled elitists? I think the Ink grenade along with the smoke have viable options now.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    So we should balance the game around newer players? Just like Epic have now? Because all I see on these forums is complaining about how much of a bad idea that was. I have no problem with bringing in newer players (see: Casual multiplayer mode and TDM), in fact it's completely necessary to keeping the population counts up and people playing. But balancing around the highest-level of skill will mean that the good players are rewarded for their skill - and the lesser players will aspire to become good. You remember playing Gears 1, how you thought that those guys who could tear you to shreds with their wallbouncing etc. were amazing? We don't have that anymore.

To counter what you say about Inks: they always were viable. In GoW2 they were a potent area-of-denial weapon. You had to be careful about moving through the Ink cloud; if you walked through it, you would be downed. Running/rolling through them dealt considerable damage - enough to put you at a disadvantage against the guy behind the cloud waiting for you. For some reason (which I will probably never understand) Epic gave the area-of-denial effect to Incendiaries and unnecessarily changed Inks to act as stun grenades so that you can rack up easy kills. Let's face it: Inks are only viable because of how they render your enemy completely helpless and give you a free kill. There's no skill involved in that.
    Last edited by Coleyman; 02-25-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GWC TrueCore

Quote Originally Posted by A Shotgun View Post
    Gears of War 2 was ink perfect. It actually fit the role it was supposed - AREA. OF. DENIAL.

In this game, it's the exact opposite. The cloud is a joke.
    You┤re right it was perfect in Gears 2.

Thank you Epic for Gears of War!

Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 2000/2000
    Gears of War Judgment 1500/1500

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

So we should balance the game around newer players? Just like Epic have now? Because all I see on these forums is complaining about how much of a bad idea that was. I have no problem with bringing in newer players (see: Casual multiplayer mode and TDM), in fact it's completely necessary to keeping the population counts up and people playing. But balancing around the highest-level of skill will mean that the good players are rewarded for their skill - and the lesser players will aspire to become good. You remember playing Gears 1, how you thought that those guys who could tear you to shreds with their wallbouncing etc. were amazing? We don't have that anymore.

To counter what you say about Inks: they always were viable. In GoW2 they were a potent area-of-denial weapon. You had to be careful about moving through the Ink cloud; if you walked through it, you would be downed. Running/rolling through them dealt considerable damage - enough to put you at a disadvantage against the guy behind the cloud waiting for you. For some reason (which I will probably never understand) Epic gave the area-of-denial effect to Incendiaries and unnecessarily changed Inks to act as stun grenades so that you can rack up easy kills. Let's face it: Inks are only viable because of how they render your enemy completely helpless and give you a free kill. There's no skill involved in that.
    Well my concern is that I don't like to see a game altered to such an extent that even average players cannot play, comparing the Ink to #2 you couldn't even get a tagged kill with it, it was ridiculeless, in this it works.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Well my concern is that I don't like to see a game altered to such an extent that even average players cannot play, comparing the Ink to #2 you couldn't even get a tagged kill with it, it was ridiculeless, in this it works.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Catering to the highest skill-level of play =/= making it impossible for average players to enjoy the game. IIRC Ink-tags constantly dealt damage to you until you were downed? Besides, why would you try to tag somebody with a grenade designed to block access to an area?
    Last edited by Coleyman; 02-25-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Catering to the high-level skill of play =/= making it impossible for average players to enjoy the game. IIRC Ink-tags constantly dealt damage to you until you were downed? Besides, why would you try to tag somebody with a grenade designed to block access to an area?
    Well their can be number of reasons, cause you felt like it, reaction, in tight environment it can still be used to deny, you can be creative.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yalnif

Remove the stun and increase thee area. Incendiaries and inks are almost the same thing now, used for instant kills, which is the same as frags...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: caramelcardinal

i say keep the stun
    the reason is at the range it stuns you an incendiary will pretty much kill you instantly
    so there needs to be a ballance between the 2, it should be a power weapon and have real popint to picking it up other than for map control
    Gridlock remade in halo reach forge works with all gametypes can be found here

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal

MSgt. Shooter Person

Leave it how it is. Its not that hard to avoid the stun.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phlegethon

I don't care that it stuns me from a mile away.
    It is annoying, but many things are in this game. I can deal with that.

What I can't deal with is how damn inconsistent it is. If it was constantly a similar range and similar amount of damage, I'd be fine with that.

For example, last night when I was playing, some guy rushed towards me with an ink grenade. He didn't know where I was. I popped out of cover, shot him point blank with the gnasher and he threw the ink at me. We were a foot apart and it stunned us both. I didn't take any damage but as he was in his own ink he should have done. And yet, he immediately revved his chainsaw and stunned me.

Really? He is in the ink, I am not. Yet he can break out of the stun faster and chainsaw me. My chainsaw drops very easily, yet his didn't?

I feel getting rid of the stun and increasing the damage radius is the best way to go about it.

When you consider the game breaking evade issue, half the time you do roll out the way but it doesn't register. Make it like Gears 2 ink and hopefully that way it'll be more useful. I'm more likely to plant it.

They fixed the incendiary. They can fix this too.
    I'm a contributor for Solidus Gaming, a site dedicated to the latest news and reviews for all types of games and consoles.
    http://s.olid.us
    I also have a blog, which I use to talk about many things, such as my writing projects, my trips to America and of course my gaming experiences.
    www.writingonthecitadel.wordpress.com
    Finally here is a link to my twitter. Follow me! https://twitter.com/Phlegethon92

Redeemer
    DJ'ing a wedding after defeating some evil guys.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RainbowDash951

Perfect example as to why the ink stun needs to be removed.
    I was playing TDM on mercy last night. I pick up the ink, see someone going for torque, I throw it at torque, and it stuns me ten feet away. His buddy then runs and shotguns me in the face.
    Support the Onyx Silverback! Best skin ever!
    Post your Seriously 3.0 progress here!
    Supreme Allfather Level 68S 3.0 54/65COG: Mechanic Baird / Locust: Savage Drone
    Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I tried sliding into cover once. Turns out 'sliding' isn't a real-world mechanic. I've only just found my right foot again.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RoboTai

Quote Originally Posted by nagel 138 View Post
    Leave it how it is. Its not that hard to avoid the stun.
    For me it's not a question of how hard it is to avoid the stun, it's the fact that the Gears 2 Ink was a much more effective weapon.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hartenberg v2

Please yes. It is the most frustrating thing in the game! I don't see why they put it in the game in the first place. alongwiththemantlekick
    Quote Originally Posted by echoplex View Post
    A beta for a future title?
    What do you think Judgment is?
    Thank you to Yosoypr for the Jungle Tai code, Flak for the Big Game skin, The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal, rondeau04 for the Lambent skin, and Rigemeister for the Young Marcus!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Salvation Ix

Quote Originally Posted by llxl View Post
    Please yes. It is the most frustrating thing in the game! I don't see why they put it in the game in the first place. alongwiththemantlekick
    Lol, why is the mantle kick in small font? It's a pretty big issue.

On-topic: I'm fine either way, it'll take a bit to get used too, but hey, we got used to TU6.
    Long live Gears of War 3.

RIP Gearheads United -- Member of the EGFC -- Avoid being reset, click here -- Gamertag: xI Salvation Ix.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Omitra

I could learn to deal with the stun as long as they decreased the effect radius of it. I'm sick of being stunned by ink when it is no where near my body. Make it a direct hit practically to stun
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro ReZ View Post
    Imagine this... A Brumak pops out of a hole into your base and destroys everything

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nbahotshot View Post
    I could learn to deal with the stun as long as they decreased the effect radius of it. I'm sick of being stunned by ink when it is no where near my body. Make it a direct hit practically to stun
    Not to mention getting stunned by your own Ink when it goes off 10 feet or more away from you.

I just don't understand why Epic changed the Ink? I don't recall anyone complaining about it. The same goes for Frags, other than changing the timing on wall tags I don't see why they were adjusted at all. I miss my double nade toss.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: III Hindle III

Quote Originally Posted by CGOWAddict View Post
    There is a thread that got started about smokes, and I know the subject I'm bringing up has been brought up before. But I still think the stun should be removed from the ink. I think the wide area of the ink in gears 2 was just fine, having a bunch of things stun is ridiculous. While the ink looks awesome in gears 3 the stun needs to go. I think having the stun with the smoke is fine and enough. Also with the coming of guardian and people having concerns when it comes to some maps with very open non-protective areas I think removing the stun and increasing the ink area would be a good adjustment.

What are your thoughts?
    i hated the new ink since the beta becuase sometime you throw it into someone and they dont get stun, but when it stuned it a easy kill and that was the beta but in the full game it the same but sometimes you stun yourself with someone but they end up beening un stun first and then kill you with a gnasher or saw off or you throw a ink at someone expecting them to be stuned and they dont and they get on with the game like normal. that 2 example when i am playing with gears online. i love the ink on gears 2 becuase it a instant kll when they are init which it should be. so please epic change the old ink back from gears 2
    "There goes your singing career"
    Alex Brand headshot [Multiplayer Quote] Gears Fan 2006 to Present/ Gears Veteran Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game
    \\★// {(★)} \\★//

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Crawford View Post
    Not to mention getting stunned by your own Ink when it goes off 10 feet or more away from you.

I just don't understand why Epic changed the Ink? I don't recall anyone complaining about it. The same goes for Frags, other than changing the timing on wall tags I don't see why they were adjusted at all. I miss my double nade toss.
    Frag-chaining was such a ***** move.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Frag-chaining was such a ***** move.
    I loved it. Easy to avoid if you were paying attention and a great offensive move.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Afrothundah22

To everyone saying "Just learn to dodge it" please consider the fact that this game LAGS and even if you roll away the game will sometimes recognize you as not even moving which is INCONSISTENT and you will be caught by an ink stun which will equal death. The Ink stun is inconsistent and it is unnecessary. The Gears 2 inks were useful if used correctly. Instead, the Ink turned into the sawed-off variant of grenades. What a shame that things are just so easy to use.

I would like to see the area of effect increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderFury View Post
    I kill steal when my teamates hold up the match by humping the last downed player. I've got better things to do than watch in the closet homosexuals project their frustrations in a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    Don't try jumping off buildings though. Your health doesn't regenerate in real life, well it does but a lot slower.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AFX Acid

Ink stun might be my single most hated thing about Gears 3. It's a 3-way tie between Ink stun, Retro and the mantle kick. Inks in Gears 2 were perfect! Inks in Gears 3 are only good for pissing people off.

Gears of War -- 1250/1250G
    Gears of War 2 -- 1750/1750G
    Gears of War 3 -- 1900/2000G
    Gears of War: Judgment -- 1210/1500G

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    To everyone saying "Just learn to dodge it" please consider the fact that this game LAGS and even if you roll away the game will sometimes recognize you as not even moving which is INCONSISTENT and you will be caught by an ink stun which will equal death. The Ink stun is inconsistent and it is unnecessary. The Gears 2 inks were useful if used correctly. Instead, the Ink turned into the sawed-off variant of grenades. What a shame that things are just so easy to use.

I would like to see the area of effect increased.
    It's one thing to add new, easier to use weapons for new players, but why dumb down the weapons that were perfectly fine to begin with? Especially when it's actually to the detriment of the weapons overall effectiveness.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Afrothundah22

It's one thing to add new, easier to use weapons for new players, but why dumb down the weapons that were perfectly fine to begin with? Especially when it's actually to the detriment of the weapons overall effectiveness.
    Exactly, the Gears 2 ink grenades weren't as effective when just thrown into the wind which is what most players did. But when used during the event where players are in a closed in space (which also happened a lot) they were effective. A possible conclusion is that a lot of players don't think the ink is useful because of the lack of kills it gets, but in the end its more of a support grenade. The frags get kills, the inks bring you opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderFury View Post
    I kill steal when my teamates hold up the match by humping the last downed player. I've got better things to do than watch in the closet homosexuals project their frustrations in a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    Don't try jumping off buildings though. Your health doesn't regenerate in real life, well it does but a lot slower.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IX SharkShot XI

Sometimes the stun can be very useful when in a tough 5vs5 game, but for quick match I say take it out.
    A good idea would be to update Zeta, and make the ink Grenade radius increase, but take the stun away. That would be the only real solution to help make people's minds up.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CGOWAddict

Thumbs up Drop to your knees and die!!!

Well my concern is that I don't like to see a game altered to such an extent that even average players cannot play, comparing the Ink to #2 you couldn't even get a tagged kill with it, it was ridiculeless, in this it works.
    Thing is, I also think a ink tagged to a persons body should kill that person as they suffocate and that's fine, I can deal with that, but this stun crap needs to go.

For me it's not a question of how hard it is to avoid the stun, it's the fact that the Gears 2 Ink was a much more effective weapon.
    That was my thought, to me the ink was not a primary kill type of weapon, it was a denial of access to a area while the cloud was present. If I'm tagged with a ink I should drop to my knees then eventually die from the poison.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nonoru

Ink should be reverted to the G2 version.Area denial is way better than that stun.

Also incendiaries would be great if they were reverted back to what they were. Like that i wouldn't see people killing others even when they miss.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SwisS ChEeZeR10

If there was an option in the poll to remove stun and increase DPS I'd vote for that as it would more effectively block off an area, otherwise, keep it the same.
    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening________________Merovec, bchaps, and III LYCAN III
    People writing songs that voices never share
    And no one dared disturb
    the sound of silence____________________________________
    VT

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

Remove stun defo maybe make it a tad stronger area is fine

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: STEVE IRBAN 627

Gears of War 2 Inks were the better of the two games. It's a fact. And they weren't cheap. They were tactical weapons.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast