Gears of War 3 Tournament
Powered by Gearscon
Gears of War 3
2 vs 2 – $20 per player or $40 per team to enter – Up to $500 Payout
4 vs 4 – $30 per player or $120 per team to enter – Up to $1,200 Payout
Live Stream Can Be Seen At www.twitch.tv/crream
No Man Up
No 7 Round Rule, A team must win 4 rounds.
Rounds to Win: 4
Round Time Limit: 5
Bleed-Out Time: 20
Friendly Fire: On
Weapon Respawn: After Pickup
Maps: Checkout, ClockTower, Gridlock, Hotel, Old Town, Thrashball
King of the Hill:
Rounds Score Limit: 210
Rounds to Win: 1
Bleed-Out Time: 20
Friendly Fire: On
Weapon Respawn – After Pickup
Maps: Drydock, Trenches, Rustlung, Slab, Hotel
All Maps you will swap out Boltok for Snub Pistol
For KOTH Slab you are swapping:
Smoke -> Ink
BoomShot -> Digger
Incen -> Frag
Everything else is default.Conduct Rules
- BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepare for every tournament set.
- Players who use wireless Xbox 360 controllers must remove the battery pack from the back of their controller when they are not playing. If the controller is still synced up to an Xbox 360 with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, you may be subjected to a disqualification.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery pack and syncing issues), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings before a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
- Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and are punishable by the tournament organizer.
- No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
- DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a disqualification. Team(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first game. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. All teams must have all players present in order to play.
- Settings Rule: Teams are encouraged to select their characters, change their names, and fix their controller settings within a reasonable amount of time before a match is to be played. If a team is perceived to be taking too long in setting up, the opposing team may call for a referee. A team found taking too long to set up for their match will receive a warning, followed by a penalty of losing the first game of the set.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Players are not allowed to use any cheating device or modified controller during competition. Any player found to be using any of these devices will have their team lose the entire set. If they are in the loser’s bracket, they will be disqualified from the entire tournament.
- Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming directly in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in a disqualification from the tournament and possible ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the tournament organizer sees fit. Players are allowed to partake in friendly and reasonable trash talk. These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The tournament organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his/her discretion for any reason. The tournament organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during the event, nor will any of those aforementioned persons be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date, you are displaying your agreement with this policy.KOTC Tournament