Hybrid View

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Insert Caption

Default Checkout suggestion

Im gonna start out with i love checkout, but for the mulcher spawn, do you guys think there should be something different to make a nade side push more effective? Everyones thoughts?

-Scorcher. I dont think more people will push for this, but since the buff, winning the 1v at nades may pissibly give a reward. Ik most eouldnt pick it up

- Torque Bow. I personally think this may be possible, because obviously the torque would tear apart the fight at checkout, but you would see faster and more aggressive pushes at the checkout side since you have to take it over quiclly tostay safe from torque and cross for ur team so they can grab torque.
    Member of the Old Guard medal + SOS = Facepalm.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here's my suggestion - fix the friggin podium so I can actually get down from the thing.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by KaY C View Post
    Here's my suggestion - fix the friggin podium so I can actually get down from the thing.
    This.. Podium is so strong.

The only way you can balance this map more is by making flame/ink on the podium a smoke grenade. The moment you get control of podium. You have to do something really wrong as a team to lose the map to be honest and its because noone can push you whilst under rifle fire and being picked off with the ink/flames.

Apart from that the map is perfect.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phlegethon

I think anything added would be too powerful.

The map is fairly balanced as it is. I don't think it needs anything changed.

I agree that mulcher is useless, but nothing else works. Maybe just a smoke.
    I'm a contributor for Solidus Gaming, a site dedicated to the latest news and reviews for all types of games and consoles.
    http://s.olid.us
    I also have a blog, which I use to talk about many things, such as my writing projects, my trips to America and of course my gaming experiences.
    www.writingonthecitadel.wordpress.com
    Finally here is a link to my twitter. Follow me! https://twitter.com/Phlegethon92

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

It's difficult, but I don't agree ^^ that the map is balanced. In Ranked/higher, the Digger/Longshot side is too dominant. You can't even pick up nades without going down, let alone break the enemy's set up. I originally thought Torque Bow; it would be difficult to use across the map due to the narrow 'corridor', so wouldn't be OP. Also, it's technically fighting against a height advantage.

Then again, like you say, we still love the map anyway. Prioritise fixing Overpass first (by doing the same thing as Trenches by adding a couple of staircases up to the top bit from behind/the sides!!)
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    It's difficult, but I don't agree ^^ that the map is balanced. In Ranked/higher, the Digger/Longshot side is too dominant. You can't even pick up nades without going down, let alone break the enemy's set up. I originally thought Torque Bow; it would be difficult to use across the map due to the narrow 'corridor', so wouldn't be OP. Also, it's technically fighting against a height advantage.

Then again, like you say, we still love the map anyway. Prioritise fixing Overpass first (by doing the same thing as Trenches by adding a couple of staircases up to the top bit from behind/the sides!!)
    I'd say it is relatively balanced. Rush the frags and then try and eliminate their team at sniper/digger.

I grant you, that side is more dominant, but it is hardly impregnable.

You mentioned Overpass. The problem with that map is it is too hard to break the dominance of the team who reached there first.

At least the map is fair. It just needs some alterations. Whether they'll do that or not, I don't know.
    I'm a contributor for Solidus Gaming, a site dedicated to the latest news and reviews for all types of games and consoles.
    I also have a blog, which I use to talk about many things, such as my writing projects, my trips to America and of course my gaming experiences.
    Finally here is a link to my twitter. Follow me! https://twitter.com/Phlegethon92

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NP473L

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    I'd say it is relatively balanced. Rush the frags and then try and eliminate their team at sniper/digger.

I grant you, that side is more dominant, but it is hardly impregnable.

You mentioned Overpass. The problem with that map is it is too hard to break the dominance of the team who reached there first.

At least the map is fair. It just needs some alterations. Whether they'll do that or not, I don't know.
    I know that the same can be said of all maps, but particularly TDM, I find it near impossible to win the game if you didn't win the 'initial' fight for the digger/longshot. In gametypes like KoTH or Execution (my preferred playlists), it's not such a problem; I think, however, that it is near impossible to win a TDM game (against an organised team) once this power position has been relinquished.

That being said, it's hardly the first map on the list that I would look to change
    Thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Signed Comin-Con Poster; thanks to Evanescence, III LYCAN III, Gnashes, Yosoypr, Parasidian, Big Water, PopeAdrian37th, rondeau04, x Gaara Inc x, The Anya Bunni and Flak.
    Weapon Skin Thread @NP473L GT: NP473L Fraxure Gaming Armour Skin Thread

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NP473L View Post
    I know that the same can be said of all maps, but particularly TDM, I find it near impossible to win the game if you didn't win the 'initial' fight for the digger/longshot. In gametypes like KoTH or Execution (my preferred playlists), it's not such a problem; I think, however, that it is near impossible to win a TDM game (against an organised team) once this power position has been relinquished.

That being said, it's hardly the first map on the list that I would look to change
    It can be tough. You need people who know what they are doing (but is that not always a problem?) to help take over the map.

It is still one of the best maps on Gears 3. I feel a lot of the maps lack the spark that made most of the Gears 2 maps so great.

I can't really put my finger on it but I don't enjoy them as much. I've been quite impressed with the new maps though.

Rustlung, Overpass and Escalation are probably my least favourite. I don't enjoy Bulletmarsh much either.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BEERSxOFxWAR

I think the mulcher should be swapped with the scorcher
    __,....--!--..----...,,,
    ||'--'''_;=-o|IIIIII|||}===
    ```/ /-';|==},:,:,:,:,:,:

Gears 1 \\*// 750/1250
    Gears 2 \\*// 1750/1750 \\*// 100/100
    Gears 3 \\*// 1900/2000 \\*// 400/400
    Judgment \\*// 1450/1500 \\*// 615/650

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

If it makes a difference, im talking about competitive, not ranked

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dome CTRL

I think replacing Mulcher with anything would make the map way campy.
    Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CONTROLLHQ

Dome CTRL

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DEFiNiTiON OF View Post
    I think replacing Mulcher with anything would make the map way campy.
    I feel like a dumbass now LMAO! How did i forget that lol. I think a smoke would be fine

Banned

Checkout is perfect leave it alone.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think they should switch frags and mulcher. That way teams will actually send players into electronics. Right now no one goes in there cause there's really not a reason too, unless your going to flank.