Thread: Hand Positions

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Hand Positions

well i have been messing around in animtree editor making little progress, but im little confused on how to edit the player character hand positions, i manage to get an arm control to move him from some weird pose, but how would i get it to edit in a pose like him standing there with the rifle, what im trying to do is get it so his left hand will move up and back a little to my gun so he isn't holding it with just his right hand and trying to shoot himself in the left hand. i thought i could do it with a couple of sockets but that got me know where, also im working with a copy of the base male anim tree, as that is what my custom mesh is useing, any help and thoughts is much appreciated,
    Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword-day... a red day... ere the sun rises!
    Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!
    Death!, Death!, DEATH!!
    Forth, Eorlingas!

MSgt. Shooter Person

any ideas anyone? it can't be that hard.
    Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword-day... a red day... ere the sun rises!
    Death!, Death!, DEATH!!
    Forth, Eorlingas!

MSgt. Shooter Person

hmm well i so pose a better question would be, is there a way to export the animation poses of the default UDK skeleton so i can edit them in a external program?
    Death!, Death!, DEATH!!
    Forth, Eorlingas!

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by aries420 View Post
    hmm well i so pose a better question would be, is there a way to export the animation poses of the default UDK skeleton so i can edit them in a external program?
    No...
    And by adjusting the animtree would not solve your first problem....
    You need to create the correct animation in the first place or either use the standard ones with the UT3 skeleton or create your own ones with a custom skeleton..

MSgt. Shooter Person

bummer, well my last question would be could i use the first person skeleton arms, to reference how the 3rd persons arm position/placement. or possibly just whack the 3rd persons arms off just have the first persons arm display instead. just i find it a bit retarded that i would have to reanimate everything just to move the hands no more than 10 inches
    Death!, Death!, DEATH!!
    Forth, Eorlingas!

Redeemer

You can adjust bone positions on the fly via controllers.
    If done properly, the result is as good as making a proper animation.
    Small changes would have little affect on game performance.
    Kris Redbeard
    GROUND BRANCH
    Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter
    Rule #11: Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.