Question Can't play multiplayer, keeps telling me to re-download content

I've now spent weeks trying to get this to work, but I cannot play Gears of War 3 multiplayer online. The game keeps asking me to download a free DLC pack -- I've downloaded it several times and am only given the option of re-downloading it. But the game still won't play.

I tried deleting the content and deleting the cache, but Gears 3 MP still won't play. It keeps telling me to download the content, which I have -- even Xbox dashboard says I've downloaded it and only gives me an option to re-download it.

I can't find any solution anywhere online.

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CJ 1825 PSN ID: CJ1825

Try deleting ALL Gears 3 content you have, and re-download all of it. If you have RAAM's Shadow, this'll be a b*tch, but it's one of the only options I see. You could also try deleting and recovering your gamertag after clearing the cache. Good luck dude
    Last edited by CJ 1825; 02-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ 1825 View Post
    Try deleting ALL Gears 3 content you have, and re-download all of it. If you have RAAM's Shadow, this'll be a b*tch, but it's one of the only options I see. You could also try deleting and recovering your gamertag after clearing the cache. Good luck dude
    I tried, I even deleted my save games. Still can't play online...

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Comrade John

Do you have other profile's dlc on your xbox? because when I had issues, it was because my friend transfered his profile's dlc to my xbox, and it would read that, and then think there was no other dlc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRebalCSA!
    Most people down here yell "yeehaw!" and then fire their own guns into the air several times.
    I am in the UMass Minuteman Marching Band. Tactics > Skill~Mercenary Playlist for Solo Players!~Flashback Map: Jacinto~My video thread~ I am Lancer Vet #5

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade John View Post
    Do you have other profile's dlc on your xbox? because when I had issues, it was because my friend transfered his profile's dlc to my xbox, and it would read that, and then think there was no other dlc.
    Nope, just mine.

Nope, just mine.

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a place I can get Epic customer support? Microsoft are pretty useless...

Boomshot

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CJ 1825 PSN ID: CJ1825

This shouldnt be the problem anyways, after TU3, I believe. OP, I have an idea. Make a new live account (silver is fine), delete the Booster MP, and then download it on this new account. It'll add a new console license to this content to your xbox, so your main account should be able to use it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: clanbrad

I had this issue and to fix it I had to delete my brother's dlc.

Best of luck dude.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sniperking700

I know what caused it. As a result of that acc adarien that u can easily download and get all weapon skins, anyone who recovers an acc from a hard drive to a different hard drive to redownload any content will have that problem.
    Boston Strong

Thanks to lll Lycan lll, capt23n, spinelessoyster
    , yosopyr, onyx scott
    and Norman Maverick for being so generous to a soldier

Back from Afghanistan 3-17-13

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sniperking700

The only way to play now is to get another hard drive then recover ur acc there. U will lose all DLC and anything that u purchased.
    Boston Strong

Thanks to lll Lycan lll, capt23n, spinelessoyster
    , yosopyr, onyx scott
    and Norman Maverick for being so generous to a soldier

Back from Afghanistan 3-17-13

Well that's just great...

I didn't download any other DLC than what the game required. But it won't recognize it.

I have exactly the same problem, posted about it yesterday in another thread. Ive spoken to microsoft support who confirmed this is an issue for some poeple and currently Epic are aware of this. There are some ways around this but so I have been told these will not work for everyone. So I guess just wait for an update from Epic, if they even bother...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x671xCRUZaderx

Umm if you are still having this problem try recovering your account again.
    #186 EGFC Member Onyx Guard Member #371 \\★// A HUGE THANK YOU to III LYCAN III for Dom
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Gnashes for the Reaper Skin A HUGE THANK YOU to lPunishmentz for Jungle Tai
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Fisal for the Classic Hammerburst A HUGE THANK YOU to PopeAdrian37th for the Neon Skin

I've tried that many times, unless something has changed since the last week it probably wont make any difference. unless the update has changed something??

I'm in the same boat as you - so frustrating not being able to play! Hoping this is fixed real soon...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Array Blankie

Ahh that sucks, Good luck trying to fix it. I have no idea how to help you/: