MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UDK Titan Toolkit - WIP Preview

Hey guys,

Our team has recently started our first UDK project and so I did some research for existing tools to increase productivity and to generally make life easier for artists and designers in my team.
    One of my teammates discovered the UE3Tool which was a nice stepping stone, but wasn't enough for our purposes. So I decided to create our very own tool, the very first preview image can be seen below.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

As you can see it holds quite a lot of functionality. It's designed to be the complete portal for all our project work, including Subversion, file browsing, server hosting/joining, local multiplayer tests, compiling and testing and so on.
    It has several advanced tools specifically for our project like ticketing / bug reporting that is sent straight to our online project management tool. There are several more exciting features that I have not yet mentioned and will reveal as they become available.

Since this tool is currently developed for internal purposes I'd like to know if the UDK community is interested in such a tool for public use. I will keep this thread updated as I add new features, and if there is enough interest I might make a public release so everyone can benefit.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very cool - especially SVN integration

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks, a first (internal) version is available for my team. I will continue to improve upon it until I think it's good enough for a public release.

One of the upcoming features includes FTP communication to upload screens or any other file to (our) FTP server. This is of course linked with our ticketing, the screenshots will be visible inside the tickets. This feature is actually already implemented, however it needs some minor tweaking before it's enabled.

If you guys have any desired functionality, I can probably put it in as long as it makes sense for my team as well and doesn't require months of work

MSgt. Shooter Person

The team has started using the tool and a lot of suggestions and fixes came forward. These issues will be addressed before considering a public release. I expect testing and changes will continue into March, afterwards I will look into getting this to the public asap.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey guys just wanted to share a screenshot of the latest version I've been working on. It now includes most of the features I wanted my team to have, and I will now be working on a sub tool that I will show later on. hint: "realtime 3D Heatmaps"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowlurkerCoB

Looks very cool! Definitely interested in this! Keep up the good work!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks! I will look into a public release, we're currently on a schedule that doesn't allow any more dev time for this tool until the deadline is met (deadline is this month) I'll update this thread as I know more.

wow that looks awesome. I hope you release it soon!

Iron Guard

public usage? oh hellz ya.. Svn integration? double hellz ya..
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi, I will keep you guys posted if I have any new information to share

Until then, this is another tool I am developing: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-Analysis-Tool

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey guys,

I'm working on a Compact version of Titan. Basically narrower and optimized with features that didn't prove useful removed (we've used this tool internally for several weeks now)

Feedback is very welcome. I'm still making continuous changes to the options and layout.

Quick note: The grayed out Multiplayer box is a WIP idea to enable/disable entire features based on the user. A team creating a singleplayer game will not care about any of the multiplayer buttons/feature. Right now they are just disabled, I could remove them completely - any feedback on this is greatly appreciated!

Let me know what you think!

Looks great! Is there any chance of a version intended only for singleplayer games to be released?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykr View Post
    Looks great! Is there any chance of a version intended only for singleplayer games to be released?
    The multiplayer-only features are pretty isolated as it is, right now only the buttons inside the "Multiplayer"-groupbox are online-only (and the "launch test multiplayer") So there won't be an entirely separate release for singleplayer games, I could remove elements depending on per-user preference settings (it is already disabling these features based on user preference)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Multiplayer part definitely looks awesome. Looks a lot better than having lots of bat files on desktop

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hehe yes, we started out using .bat files - it soon became obvious that while it did work, it was not very flexible or convenient.