MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UT3 on the Xbox - Is that really it?

So,

Over the past year, I have drifted away from my PC and onto the Xbox. Of course, I couldn't resist picking up UT3 for some great fps action.

Firstly, Id like to show my appreciation; the port is good. It looks decent, it runs smoothly (you get accustomed to 30fps after a while), and it plays as well as could be expected given the sticks and lack of buttons.

I can even still find online games all these years later.

But really, it's so bare. No new maps, no new game modes, and as far as I can tell no patch since it was released. I assume support for it was simply dropped?

Such a shame really...

God King

Tbh, I don't expect a new patch or bonus pack by now, but who knows? Only future can tell.
    That's what we have mod support for in UT.

The problem with the Xbox version is the lack of mod support.
    The PC community is probably still the one with the most custom content, people are still creating awesome maps with great flow/gameplay and pretty visuals.
    So, the only thing I could suggest is to either get the PS3 version or the PC version.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Microsoft does NOT allow free content. /longstoryshort

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
    Firstly, Id like to show my appreciation; the port is good.
    And most of us PC players would agree that we got the port, you are playing the REAL version...
    Give me some credit... I'm not completely stoopid, only Slightly
    ut3gow.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oh, I've had the pc version since it came out. Going from 100s of maps, great mods and great mutators...to the Xbox version. Ugh!

Surely they could have worked around it somehow. I realise its not the same level of complexity, but Super Meat Boy (an Xbox live arcade game) has been providing free levels since the day it came out!

Oh, and no way is the PC a port. Just crippled slightly by the game being developed to the lowest common denominator...it's still light years ahead of the console versions.

Stock maps it is then, unless I can be bothered booting up the pc.

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
    Surely they could have worked around it somehow. I realise its not the same level of complexity, but Super Meat Boy (an Xbox live arcade game) has been providing free levels since the day it came out!
    They tried. There were plenty of updates about it throughout 2006/2007 before release and after.

Microsoft never budged like Sony did.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Timmzy27 PSN ID: Timmzy27

Yeah, that was "it" but it was still a good game, maybe not worth ú40 brand new when it came out, but it was definitely worth the ú10 I paid for it. My only problem with the game was the fact I could get all but 2 achievements. One for either playing or winning a RANKED match of each gametype (not sure which) and the other is for playing 500 RANKED matches buy literally NO-ONE plays RANKED (But I can boost that with a friend) But for the other I do need me and 5 other people to help get it and it shouldn't even take that long either seen as there are like 6 gametypes and play maybe 2 of each so everyone Wins on each team.

Also Read my sig.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WedgeBob

Yeah... The only console version of UT3 worth getting is the PS3 version, since Epic worked out a deal with Sony to allow PC mods and maps to be recooked for that platform as well. Haven't been doing much cross-platforming lately (a couple of years ago, I was even play-testing my PS3 cooks on the PS3 to see if they were as good, if not just a bit better than what I was doing on the PC). Better get back into the high-horse if I know what's good for me. That's one reason why I chose to go with the PS3 version instead of the X360 version was because of that capability. I knew M$ wouldn't allow for this...but I do like GoW Series on X360 (yes, I do have both consoles).
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 02-20-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.