Skaarj

Question Do you guys think that the crosshair format interferes the aiming??

Hi people! While I'm Playing UT3 these days (while I'm still a little familiar with UT2K4), I've noticed that the Shock Rifle crosshair in UT3 is different from the crosshair of UT2K4 (Of Course...DUH!), But i've also noticed that my shock combo skills in UT3 are much worse than are in UT2K4. So the question is:

Do the crosshair format interferes the aiming? OR Is the mechanics of the games that are little bit different in this way?
    Alone in this war, I have to keep on moving ahead, but no matter what happens, I'm not afraid of death...
    Because I use respawners!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hyzoran

If your playing online, it could be that you have to lag shoot due to poor compensation on ut3, it also could be because the ut3 Asmd does not Shoot as fast of a rate as the UT2004 asmd

God King

The crosshair was never really that important to me, when I could change it to my own needs like I could in UT2004, I did it but if not, then I was okay with it.
    However, the behaviour of the UT3 Shock Rifle was bugging me since a long time already. It feels like it has an incredibly huge delay compared to the original ASMD, the ASMD Shock Rifle and the UT2003/UT2004 ASMD Shock Rifle...
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Banned

Remove the "laggy" mouse feel and make it like in UT2004

Find in: My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini

[Engine.PlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

Banned

For some reason, the copy n paste makes False appear to be "Fals e)" if you want the code, just hit reply with Quote, then copy it to designated area.

MSgt. Shooter Person

UTGame.ini:

[UTGame.UTPlayerController]
    bCenteredWeaponFire=True

Skaarj

Sorry for the delay to response.

This code worked very well and the things are a way better now!(But still a bit different).

Thank you guys!
    Alone in this war, I have to keep on moving ahead, but no matter what happens, I'm not afraid of death...
    Because I use respawners!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Sly. View Post
    The crosshair was never really that important to me, when I could change it to my own needs like I could in UT2004, I did it but if not, then I was okay with it.
    However, the behaviour of the UT3 Shock Rifle was bugging me since a long time already. It feels like it has an incredibly huge delay compared to the original ASMD, the ASMD Shock Rifle and the UT2003/UT2004 ASMD Shock Rifle...
    When I switch between 2K4 and UT3 the obvious difference between the shock rifles is the speed at which the ball travels (imo). Faster in UT3.

Iron Guard

I'm like you, I can never hit anything (in any game) without a small dot crosshair