Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Underneath someone's house, I don't even know
    Posts
    82
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LikE a boSs XII

    Default Possible Storyline for the next game.

    In the end of Gears of War 3, we see Adam's weapon kill off all of the locust and lambent. However, all we see dying in the cut scene are drones, grenadiers, and the like along with corpsers and other large locusts. We never see Kantus dying. Perhaps this means that they are immune to the lambent parasite, effectively making them immune to Adam's weapon as well. Also, throughout the game we only see lambent drones and drudges. Drones obviously come from drones, I still don't know where Drudges come from but we never see lambent Kantus or maybe some other lambent species I'm missing. But this could mean that the following game could revolve around this. Any surviving locust. The theory is none survived right? But as stated, we never saw lambent Kantus or any Kantus being killed from Adam's weapon.

    What do you guys think?
    Re-Up Level 45
    COG: Mechanic Baird LE/Hoffman
    Locust: Savage Grenadier Elite LE/Savage Hunter
    F L 4 K Lancer, H Y P E Hammy, I V O R Y Gnasher
    33 Onyx Metals, I am a War Hero

  2. #2
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dustmiester

    Default

    I think the next game will be prequel to the gears of war storyline, however i like the creativity in this idea. maybe the surviving kantus who didn't die resurrect the dead locust and lambent creatures and this creates some kind of hybrid zombie locust species?
    New to the forum. Veteran to the game.

  3. #3
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    596

    Default

    I had a thought bout this too that the Kantus might have survived and they revive the queen

    But it was just a thought

  4. #4
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,410
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jmfchuckie

    Default

    I was hoping for the next game to have a new threat to Sera 50 years in the future, with mere cameos by Marcus, Anya, Baird, Cole, Sam, Jace, and others. Maybe an alien race that come and revive the Locust?
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

  5. #5
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    I had a thought bout this too that the Kantus might have survived and they revive the queen

    But it was just a thought
    Why didn't the Kantus revive RAAM and Skorge then? Queen Myrrah could've used their help in Gears 3.

  6. #6

    Default

    The weapon killed everything, the lambent and the locust. Its pretty clear. I know people are looking into it but the notion the locust all were not affected makes little sense given the plotline, with Delta ending the war.

    Adam said, its a last stand for the locust, it will harm them to, Myrrah was desperate because of the fact it would wipe out her race. It makes no logical sense for her both throw her life away and prevent Adam from using the machine if in fact it wouldnt kill all the locust.

    People are trying to twist it to say "the locust arent all dead", Or will say "we didnt see them all die". Of course we didnt, that was simply done for functionality. They dont need to show usevery locust type dying off. Further, if the locust survived, which they didnt, it makes no sense for this to be the end of Delta's story. I dont suspect they'd just stop fighting if the locust were still around.

    Adams comments, myrrahs comments about her "species ending" if Marcus lives, and her people dyingdue to Adams machine. The war is over, which was implied by the end scene and Anya and Marcus comments.

    The locust horde is done. The next game will most likely be a prequel, to the early part of the locust war, possibly Eday.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    On Jacinto Grabbing the Frags
    Posts
    881
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DBO1399

    Default

    I want a prequel


    But That does sound like some good ideas. Never payed attention Was to busy going yeah Carmine Is Alive



    Hey.... It said Spoiler

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Raxacoricofallapatorius
    Posts
    5,007
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmfchuckie View Post
    I was hoping for the next game to have a new threat to Sera 50 years in the future, with mere cameos by Marcus, Anya, Baird, Cole, Sam, Jace, and others. Maybe an alien race that come and revive the Locust?
    Doing what? Marcus would be pushing ninety, the rest would be in their 80's.

    as for Kantus reviving dead locust, that doesn't happen. All the Kantus do is give the Locust adrenaline, they dont actually bring them back from the dead.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

    So was I

  9. #9
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Not Playing Judgment, U.K
    Posts
    989

    Default

    you forgot lambent wretches, zerkers and what the hell was a gunker before

  10. #10
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Pendulum wars.
    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward.

  11. #11
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearsman75 View Post
    Why didn't the Kantus revive RAAM and Skorge then? Queen Myrrah could've used their help in Gears 3.
    Yeah as if the Kantus are going to jump into the imulsion to retrieve raams corpse! As for skorge well who knows if he's dead or not his death in gears 2 was dreadful

  12. #12
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    The weapon killed everything, the lambent and the locust. Its pretty clear. I know people are looking into it but the notion the locust all were not affected makes little sense given the plotline, with Delta ending the war.

    Adam said, its a last stand for the locust, it will harm them to, Myrrah was desperate because of the fact it would wipe out her race. It makes no logical sense for her both throw her life away and prevent Adam from using the machine if in fact it wouldnt kill all the locust.

    People are trying to twist it to say "the locust arent all dead", Or will say "we didnt see them all die". Of course we didnt, that was simply done for functionality. They dont need to show usevery locust type dying off. Further, if the locust survived, which they didnt, it makes no sense for this to be the end of Delta's story. I dont suspect they'd just stop fighting if the locust were still around.

    Adams comments, myrrahs comments about her "species ending" if Marcus lives, and her people dyingdue to Adams machine. The war is over, which was implied by the end scene and Anya and Marcus comments.

    The locust horde is done. The next game will most likely be a prequel, to the early part of the locust war, possibly Eday.
    I agree with everything you said the locusts are dead without a doubt but.....when it comes down to money who's to say epic won't make a gears 4!?!? The end of gears 3 showed the locust are dead and the way the ending was portrayed said that it was the end but look at halo 3 as far as I was concerned it was over but the demand from the gamer community to continue a beloved story is too great that game company's cant knock back an opportunity to make more money from a successful franchise! Sure the story won't add up but these things happen and it might happen to gears! If it did it would ruin the story but anyway I agree with everything you've posted

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    I agree with everything you said the locusts are dead without a doubt but.....when it comes down to money who's to say epic won't make a gears 4!?!? The end of gears 3 showed the locust are dead and the way the ending was portrayed said that it was the end but look at halo 3 as far as I was concerned it was over but the demand from the gamer community to continue a beloved story is too great that game company's cant knock back an opportunity to make more money from a successful franchise! Sure the story won't add up but these things happen and it might happen to gears! If it did it would ruin the story but anyway I agree with everything you've posted
    Oh no, I most certainly think gears 4 will be a certainty. There is a lot of story left to cover. I woud imagine a game detailing the events of eday.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod823 View Post
    Pendulum wars.
    Not likely. Gears of war is about humanity and ther fight w the locust, not each other. Further, epic is adamant about no humans killing humans in their story, given the games nature.
    Last edited by NFI; 02-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alicia Valera's memorial.. <3
    Posts
    7,546
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katchtwentysix View Post
    you forgot lambent wretches, zerkers and what the hell was a gunker before
    I do believe gunkers are infected Boomers.
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

  15. #15
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    the next game will be a prequel the pendulum wars. its a done deal 100%

  16. #16
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mercy, Sera
    Posts
    511
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xTouRisTofDuTYx

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJayG View Post
    the next game will be a prequel the pendulum wars. its a done deal 100%
    Where did you get your sources from?
    Proud GearHead since 2006.
    Favorite Cog: Commando Dom/ Tai Kaliso/Adam Fenix
    Favorite Locust: Theron Elite/ Savage Theron
    ô@PeteNub: It's a 1 hit kill with a ridiculous refire rate, a super fast reload, too much ammo, easiest active reload. Yeah it's imbalanced.ö
    ô@quinndelhoyo:bypasses DBNO, highest damage output per shot, noob friendly active reload. It excels more than it should.ö

  17. #17
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Underneath someone's house, I don't even know
    Posts
    82
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: LikE a boSs XII

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJayG View Post
    the next game will be a prequel the pendulum wars. its a done deal 100%
    But isn't EPIC against human on human action? Grub on Glowie action's (Epic Baird quote) all good but I don't think they like humans killing humans... If I were to go off of something other than the theory I started with, I would say something just following E Day or sometime in the future when Sera's been rebuilt. Some other threat.
    Re-Up Level 45
    COG: Mechanic Baird LE/Hoffman
    Locust: Savage Grenadier Elite LE/Savage Hunter
    F L 4 K Lancer, H Y P E Hammy, I V O R Y Gnasher
    33 Onyx Metals, I am a War Hero

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Raxacoricofallapatorius
    Posts
    5,007
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    Yeah as if the Kantus are going to jump into the imulsion to retrieve raams corpse! As for skorge well who knows if he's dead or not his death in gears 2 was dreadful
    Kantus can't bring the dead back to life.

    as for Skorge, he's dead. EPIC have confirmed it.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

    So was I

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJayG View Post
    the next game will be a prequel the pendulum wars. its a done deal 100%
    In a word, no. The pendulum wars are an extraneous detail not relevant to gears of war, aside for providing backstory. Gears is about the human fight vs the locust. Epic also is adamant about no humns killing humans in the main story.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    Yeah as if the Kantus are going to jump into the imulsion to retrieve raams corpse! As for skorge well who knows if he's dead or not his death in gears 2 was dreadful
    Skorge is dead. Kantus heal, not resurrect.
    Last edited by NFI; 02-20-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  20. #20
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    693
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: x drif7 x

    Default

    Next Gears will probably be E-day leading up to marcus put in prison. That right there is a lot of ground to cover.They could show a part where cole train is playing ball and a huge corpser come up out of the ground and ends the game and cole becomes part of the gears. But hey never read the books so i don't know what they will tell you.
    www.ammofordays.com. (AFD league). For Gears Judgment

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxdrif7xx View Post
    Next Gears will probably be E-day leading up to marcus put in prison. That right there is a lot of ground to cover.They could show a part where cole train is playing ball and a huge corpser come up out of the ground and ends the game and cole becomes part of the gears. But hey never read the books so i don't know what they will tell you.
    Cole retires before the season opener which takes place a few days after e day. He enlisted in the military. Thrashball season continued.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •