Banned

Default Every game is constant retros

Literally. They just camp a power weapon. So annoying.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MSgt. Shooter Person

I rarely see retros let alone every game. They are the least used AR. Also why would you make an account just to troll? You do realize that creating an account only helps them.
    Gears of war 2 Vet
    Gears of war 3 Re-up 2
    Gears of war Judgement Re-up 1
    Gnasher
    Reaper Tracker | CTF Gametype

Redeemer

Wtf? All I see are hammerbursts and gnashers and people whoring the high ground

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slimmy128

Whats wrong with retros they suck at the distance HM rule and can be easly deafeated by a lancer at mid ranged combat
    Retro Lancer Gnasher FTWSOS is fair get over it you need to adaptIf you complain about any gun killing you all the time than your bad because your complaining about other people killing you all the time.
    <(-o-<)<(-o-)>(>-o-)>
    (>-o-)>(>-o-<)<(-o-<)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: addicted2SODA

No I've seen what he's talking about, but I don't have a problem with alot of retros because I destroy them with mine even long range which ensues a lot of hate
    I miss the horde

Banned

They are best weapons hands down in cqc... people starting to realize that and use it exclusively

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by riflesareop View Post
    They are best weapons hands down in cqc... people starting to realize that and use it exclusively

Gnasher one shots CQC.
    Gears of war 2 Vet
    Gears of war 3 Re-up 2
    Gnasher

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: addicted2SODA

I don't think that they are the epitomy of cqc I'm pretty sure that title will never be taken away from the gnasher I will admit that before the nerf the gun was questionable but it's fine now when I was onyxing my Hammy I would easily beat reto user at close range because the hammy can deliver damage faster than the retro and now that I'm mainlining the retro I get beat out by the hammy and reg lancer and am forced to take cover It's not all powerful but it's good if you can really learn it
    I miss the horde

Banned

Ya and you have to get close to someone to do that and the retro counters that. You can't get close to someone using it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kanno View Post
    I rarely see retros let alone every game. They are the least used AR. Also why would you make an account just to troll? You do realize that creating an account only helps them.
    It's not the least used AR in the game, it's the most used weapon in the game. It even says it on the gears of war home page "most used weapon". It was the stat of the month so there's a good reason so many ppl are complaining about it lately.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LEGI0N47

Wish i could get into your games. It seems to me that in most games there is a minimum of 2 people on the other team using retros in most playlists. I find very little of them in Execution though. Its not so bad when they're alone and you're not, but when the other team is together with retro's it's aweful. I stay away from TDM these days because that's all i find are camping retro teams.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: keltic onexxl

I notice that if a team starts to lose they will switch to the retro.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KILLAKR3WxBLACK

Every game is roadie running, gosssshhhh $#%#$%#@$%
    EMBRY STAR
    WAR HERO

"Most disagreeable."

Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer Code via Twitter!
    Thank you Ground Walker for the Adam Fenix Code!

Banned

Oh no!!! People are using tactics that work for them in a videogame!!

Banned

The problem is EPIC designs all these weapons under the assumption that everyone is playing by themselves. If you have only 1 retro or hammerburst user, its no problem. But when you have a team of 5 camping with them, you can't do anything.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Valafar123

Get good with the HB then.
    Loadout: Hammerburst MK-II / Gnasher Shotgun / Ink Grenade
    Twitter: Valafar123 | GT: Valafar123
    I suck with the judgment Gnasher and I can admit that. You don't see me complaining about the gun.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PR0D1GY FLAM3

Weird but I had that problem last weekend. Literally everyone on the other teams I played used retro, there was a occasional lancer or hammerburst. But mostly retro users.

And I THINK they were preactivating....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IDeej

I rarely see retros let alone every game. They are the least used AR.
    http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/en-US/

Most used weapon of the month is the Retro Lancer.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doominated

Quote Originally Posted by Play to Win View Post
    Oh no!!! People are using tactics that work for them in a videogame!!
    How is waiting on someone to pick up a weapon any more tactical than blindly running in for it?

Banned

I never said it wasn't. But since you did, your honestly asking how sitting at a safe distance, considering your options and seeing how things play out is better than BLINDLY running for a goal?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheYeche

All I ever see in games are people constantly using their controllers to play the game! I hate it so much we should remove all their index fingers as well as their thumbs!
    WAR HOUNDZ GEARS CLAN FOUNDER JOIN TODAY NOW RECRUITING!
    TWITTER @THEYECHE

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PR0D1GY FLAM3

I never said it wasn't. But since you did, your honestly asking how sitting at a safe distance, considering your options and seeing how things play out is better than BLINDLY running for a goal?
    You basically made a sophisticated sentence for "Camp like a puss"

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doominated

You implied waiting by a power weapon with a Retro lancer is somehow playing with "tactics".

So if you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, for somebody to come pick up Boom on Gridlock so you can get an easy kill, and nobody ever comes, are you playing "tactically"? No, you're letting your team fight a 4v5 the entire game while you pick your nose doing nothing.

That's not tactical play. Just like how the person sitting on cover outside of spawn by the stands ramp on Thrashball, waiting with a rifle for someone to push in, is playing in a manner no more "tactical" than that of the person blindly pushing in. They're all mindless, and selfish, playstyle philosophies. The opposite of "tactical".

Banned

SP removal from retro would make it a balanced weapon. lancer clip reduced to 50 would make it a balanced weapon. that is all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HounDOOM View Post
    You implied waiting by a power weapon with a Retro lancer is somehow playing with "tactics".

So if you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, for somebody to come pick up Boom on Gridlock so you can get an easy kill, and nobody ever comes, are you playing "tactically"? No, you're letting your team fight a 4v5 the entire game while you pick your nose doing nothing.

That's not tactical play. Just like how the person sitting on cover outside of spawn by the stands ramp on Thrashball, waiting with a rifle for someone to push in, is playing in a manner no more "tactical" than that of the person blindly pushing in. They're all mindless, and selfish, playstyle philosophies. The opposite of "tactical".

.................................................. .so you just completely skated around that last post.

1. My first response was a dumb, sarcastic post about people here who are constantly complaining about losing to everything. Regardless, people camp with Retros at power weapons because it works for them. Not all the time of course but it's working for them, so they keep doing it until someone makes them stop.

2. Camping is a tactic, so is rushing, so is zoning, so is spacing, etc, etc. I mean do I really need to tell you about a person who camps in one spot for an entire match doing nothing vs someone camping for a few seconds spotting the area before making a move? ****, gnasher rushing is a tactic, and I'm sure your well aware how some are far more efficient at it than others.

The object of the game (usually)is to kill the other team. If you can do that by running up to everyone and planting smoke grenades on them, then that's a valid tactic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Actually i have found that i have been in many games with lots of Retro users & Sawd Off users for the past week seems more frequent ill play a game with them being used a lot, its all about fun though who Dares Wins
    The Lone Warrior
    Only way is Dom's Way
    True Veterans fought and died for there country not an online MP game
    Are you Bat Sheet Crazy!?!
    \\*// 18/09/12

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fallchild35

Yeah i played with 2 gearheads the ohter day who hated on retro and and sawed off users. I love the retro and use the gnasher all the time so yeah!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTouRisTofDuTYx

For people pointing out that the homepage says the retro is the most used gun of the month, it's been outed here on the forums many times that it hasn't been updated. If you come here a lot, you'll notice it's been up there as the most used weapon for a couple months now. I say play the game how it's enjoyable for you. And if you're not enjoying it, you don't have to play. You have the power to play something else. Enjoy gears for gears, or go play another game.
    Proud GearHead since 2006.
    Favorite Cog: Commando Dom/ Tai Kaliso/Adam Fenix
    Favorite Locust: Theron Elite/ Savage Theron
    ô@PeteNub: It's a 1 hit kill with a ridiculous refire rate, a super fast reload, too much ammo, easiest active reload. Yeah it's imbalanced.ö
    ô@quinndelhoyo:bypasses DBNO, highest damage output per shot, noob friendly active reload. It excels more than it should.ö

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fallchild35

^ agreed! yup yup

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yeche View Post
    All I ever see in games are people constantly using their controllers to play the game! I hate it so much we should remove all their index fingers as well as their thumbs!
    I know, right?! People should be forced to use Kinect voice commands to play the game. It'd sound something like this:

"Shoot, sponge, sponge, sponge, sponge, sponge, sponge, failed mantle kick, sponge, sponge, get one-shot-downed by Gnasher, rage-quit."

MSgt. Shooter Person

The Gears of war 3 Multiplayer sub form is the downfall of this forum.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kanno; 02-16-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Gears of war 2 Vet
    Gears of war 3 Re-up 2
    Gnasher