Iron Guard

Default Adam Fenix/ Prescott

Ok I'm a but confused about a few things bare with me while I try to explain myself

First thing I'm not sure about is in Gears 2. If Prescott had abducted Adam Fenix then why did it take a recording from a locust computer for him to give the signal to sink Jacinto? If Prescott was in contact with Adam Fenix for so many years after his apparent death then why did it take so long for them to sink Jacinto after millions n millions died? How old is this recording? How did the locust get their hands on this message? Why didn't he contact Adam to see if this message was accurate? I know the locust were planning on sinking Jacinto anyway but the cog could have done that a long time ago!!

Now to Gears 3. Why did Prescott arrive on Sovereign with a message that says he abducted Adam on it? Maybe he didn't know what was on that message, maybe he did. Why is he hiding so much?? How the hell did Myrrah find Azura? Am I missing something here or am I just looking too much into this???

Please discuss this with me and put me out my misery please guys

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: VALKYRIE20

I gave this a bit of thought and this is pure speculation on my part. There are a lot of unanswered questions about the Gears story, so speculation is all we are left with.

10 A.E. - The Battle of Ephyra: Marcus abandons his post to go help his father. He believes his father died during the attack on the mansion. In reality, Prescott has him kid-napped and taken to Azura.

14 A.E. - Dom releases Marcus from the prison just prior to the Lightmass Offensive. Marcus and Dom defeat General Raam and the outer Hollow is destroyed.

15 A.E. - Operation Hollow Storm: Marcus and Dom go underground to the Hollow. This is where they hear the message from Adam about flooding the Hollow to sink Jacinto. Believing that Adam is dead, they would assume that this is an old message. It could however be a recent message because we now know that Adam was alive at that time. (Adam later tells Marcus that he had tried to contact him over the years) Perhaps Myrrah intercepted this message, and realized she could use his plan to her advantage. When it fails to eliminate the Lambent she knows her only chance to save the Locust is with Adam’s research, so she begins to search for him.

16 A.E. - Vectes Naval Base: Prescott disappears. No one knows why, or where he went. Somehow Myrrah, who is still searching for Adam, discovers Prescott’s movements, follows him, and attacks Azura. When Azura falls to the Locust, Prescott realizes that in order to save Adam and his research, he must go to the one person he knows will do whatever it takes. His son, Marcus.

During the first 5 years of Adam’s “death”, he would have been working on a solution to the Lambent. If he could contain or destroy them, then the Locust could go back underground and the war would be over. He was trying to find a way for humans and Locust to exist in peace. Only when things escalated did he come up with the plan to flood the Hollow.

It is possible that Prescott never received Adam’s message about flooding the Hollow, or just chose to ignore it. Jacinto was the last city left to the humans. Maybe he hoped there would be another solution, but when Marcus uncovered the message, he had no choice but to go along with it.
    "It's not first aid, Santiago. The bloody thing isn't going to respond to CPR" ~Bernie Mataki ~

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nicely done Valkyrie. Makes sense
    Talk with your guns

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie20 View Post
    I gave this a bit of thought and this is pure speculation on my part. There are a lot of unanswered questions about the Gears story, so speculation is all we are left with.

10 A.E. - The Battle of Ephyra: Marcus abandons his post to go help his father. He believes his father died during the attack on the mansion. In reality, Prescott has him kid-napped and taken to Azura.

14 A.E. - Dom releases Marcus from the prison just prior to the Lightmass Offensive. Marcus and Dom defeat General Raam and the outer Hollow is destroyed.

15 A.E. - Operation Hollow Storm: Marcus and Dom go underground to the Hollow. This is where they hear the message from Adam about flooding the Hollow to sink Jacinto. Believing that Adam is dead, they would assume that this is an old message. It could however be a recent message because we now know that Adam was alive at that time. (Adam later tells Marcus that he had tried to contact him over the years) Perhaps Myrrah intercepted this message, and realized she could use his plan to her advantage. When it fails to eliminate the Lambent she knows her only chance to save the Locust is with Adam’s research, so she begins to search for him.

16 A.E. - Vectes Naval Base: Prescott disappears. No one knows why, or where he went. Somehow Myrrah, who is still searching for Adam, discovers Prescott’s movements, follows him, and attacks Azura. When Azura falls to the Locust, Prescott realizes that in order to save Adam and his research, he must go to the one person he knows will do whatever it takes. His son, Marcus.

During the first 5 years of Adam’s “death”, he would have been working on a solution to the Lambent. If he could contain or destroy them, then the Locust could go back underground and the war would be over. He was trying to find a way for humans and Locust to exist in peace. Only when things escalated did he come up with the plan to flood the Hollow.

It is possible that Prescott never received Adam’s message about flooding the Hollow, or just chose to ignore it. Jacinto was the last city left to the humans. Maybe he hoped there would be another solution, but when Marcus uncovered the message, he had no choice but to go along with it.
    Fantastic my friend thank u though there is one I'm not sure about. When they were viewing the message from Prescott in Gears 3 Dom said to "he looks much older when......" and Marcus cuts him off and says "when we saw him die, I know". This tell me instantly that the dream Marcus had was actually a memory so I'm still confused about how Prescott abducted him!!!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Phlegethon

Onyx Guard rescued him.
    I'm a contributor for Solidus Gaming, a site dedicated to the latest news and reviews for all types of games and consoles.
    http://s.olid.us
    I also have a blog, which I use to talk about many things, such as my writing projects, my trips to America and of course my gaming experiences.
    www.writingonthecitadel.wordpress.com
    Finally here is a link to my twitter. Follow me! https://twitter.com/Phlegethon92

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Onyx Guard rescued him.
    Lol but u would expect Marcus to try dig him out that rubble. I hope Adams apparent death is mentioned at the start of the slab! I hope Karen Traviss has something planned for this

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

The thing about dreams is that they can be interpreted in many different ways. I have had dreams where portions of it are based on fact, things that actually happened. As the dream unfolds it becomes more "fantasy", or unreal. In Marcus' dream, the two other Gears present are Anthony and Benjamin Carmine, even though he did not meet either of them until later.

The mansion is under attack by Locust, he witnesses his father being buried under the rubble. He doesn't really have time to dig to find his body. We don't see anything of what happened after that. One possibility is that Prescott, knowing how important Adam's research is, wanted to make sure, so he sent his Onyx Guard. They find Adam under the rubble and take him to Azura.
    "It's not first aid, Santiago. The bloody thing isn't going to respond to CPR" ~Bernie Mataki ~

Iron Guard

The thing about dreams is that they can be interpreted in many different ways. I have had dreams where portions of it are based on fact, things that actually happened. As the dream unfolds it becomes more "fantasy", or unreal. In Marcus' dream, the two other Gears present are Anthony and Benjamin Carmine, even though he did not meet either of them until later.

The mansion is under attack by Locust, he witnesses his father being buried under the rubble. He doesn't really have time to dig to find his body. We don't see anything of what happened after that. One possibility is that Prescott, knowing how important Adam's research is, wanted to make sure, so he sent his Onyx Guard. They find Adam under the rubble and take him to Azura.
    Hopefully this will be answered in the slab but thanks for ur feedback dude

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Your welcome. As I said though, pure speculation. I'm hoping The Slab gives us more answers also. And it's dudette

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises View Post
    Ok I'm a but confused about a few things bare with me while I try to explain myself

First thing I'm not sure about is in Gears 2. If Prescott had abducted Adam Fenix then why did it take a recording from a locust computer for him to give the signal to sink Jacinto? If Prescott was in contact with Adam Fenix for so many years after his apparent death then why did it take so long for them to sink Jacinto after millions n millions died? How old is this recording? How did the locust get their hands on this message? Why didn't he contact Adam to see if this message was accurate? I know the locust were planning on sinking Jacinto anyway but the cog could have done that a long time ago!!

Now to Gears 3. Why did Prescott arrive on Sovereign with a message that says he abducted Adam on it? Maybe he didn't know what was on that message, maybe he did. Why is he hiding so much?? How the hell did Myrrah find Azura? Am I missing something here or am I just looking too much into this???

Please discuss this with me and put me out my misery please guys
    Slight Spoilers ahead, people.

I believe the recording in the Locust computer was very old. In Jacinto's Remnant Prescott asks Adam if there was any other way of defeating the Locust without using the Hammer of Dawn, to which Adam replies that they could flood the tunnells using the hammer instead. But he discounts the idea as it would still lead to massive loss of life, and wouldn't be as effective as the hammer.

As for Prescott not contacting Adam about the message, you have to remember that there wasn't any time to do so. He took the decision to evacuate and sink Jacinto, there wasn't time for dilly-dallying. I suspect that after it was done, he may have contacted Adam, which is why we hear that message at the end of Gears 2 with Adam lamenting what has happened. Also, the COG didn't want to sink Jacinto. It was their last (or so they thought) stronghold in the world, they wanted it to survive.

I assume that by the start of Gears 3, Prescott's done with all his secrecy bull****. He most likely knew what was on the disk, but chose to give it to Marcus anyway, as he needed his help. He's hiding so much because he believes it's best for humanity. In a way it was, in others not, he's a very... interesting character.

God knows how Myrrah found Azura. I'm going to assume the Maelstrom generator was off, and she managed to get in.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Slight Spoilers ahead, people.

I believe the recording in the Locust computer was very old. In Jacinto's Remnant Prescott asks Adam if there was any other way of defeating the Locust without using the Hammer of Dawn, to which Adam replies that they could flood the tunnells using the hammer instead. But he discounts the idea as it would still lead to massive loss of life, and wouldn't be as effective as the hammer.

As for Prescott not contacting Adam about the message, you have to remember that there wasn't any time to do so. He took the decision to evacuate and sink Jacinto, there wasn't time for dilly-dallying. I suspect that after it was done, he may have contacted Adam, which is why we hear that message at the end of Gears 2 with Adam lamenting what has happened. Also, the COG didn't want to sink Jacinto. It was their last (or so they thought) stronghold in the world, they wanted it to survive.

I assume that by the start of Gears 3, Prescott's done with all his secrecy bull****. He most likely knew what was on the disk, but chose to give it to Marcus anyway, as he needed his help. He's hiding so much because he believes it's best for humanity. In a way it was, in others not, he's a very... interesting character.

God knows how Myrrah found Azura. I'm going to assume the Maelstrom generator was off, and she managed to get in.
    Thank you for ur feedback dude interesting theories there. I feel these things could have been explained instead of speculating what really happened! I think if they were explained then it would make things gel together better other than assuming and wondering what really went on! Someone mentioned this on another thread before as an idea for a dlc where u are Prescott fighting ur way out of Azura! I think that would be a very interesting dlc and would explain things very well besides I wouldn't have a problem playing as prescott

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OrphenCB

As far as Prescott not knowing/knowing about flooding the tunnels, he had to have known. Prescott lives by omissions. Prescott is never done with his secrecy. He only gives in when he's on his deathbed. He absolutely knew what was on every disk. In terms of Azura, I'm wondering if in their above ground travels, the Locust were like, "hey, guys. Look at that stormy thing. Bet we could totally tunnel in there." Sure, the Hollow is flooded, but they could still dig new tunnels if they felt up to it. Or maybe Adam let them in, we know he's got a soft spot for them.
    Last edited by OrphenCB; 02-25-2012 at 06:49 AM.
    Gears 2 rank: \\*// Gears 3 rank: 55
    www.GearzandBeers.com if you're 21!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooded Claw 006

Honestly, I don't think that Prescott knew of the plan to sink Jacinto. Why? Let's remember that Adam Fenix had been trying to solve the Lambent problem with Myrrah for nearly twenty years. All conversations between Myrrah and Adam Fenix would have been private, because as Adam Fenix admits, Prescott knew nothing of the Locust until just before E-Day. Therefore, his solutions would have been recorded and stored on the Locust computers, Prescott was at the time oblivious to the existance of the Locust.
    HUGE thanks to TAO Devil and Saxaphone18 for my Aftermath Era Baird 12th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to DxM for my Jungle Tai character skin. 28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to Cher for my Cole Plushie.
    28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to poppirt for the Brisk Skin. 9th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to TAO Devil for my Judgment Demo. 16th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Neon Skin 27th April 2013. HUGE thanks to III Lycan III for my Team Metal Skin 25th Aug 2013.
    Thanks to III Lycan III, Insane Rumbler and BRUTE for codes for my friend. I Helped The Community Banner awarded 9th Aug 2013.
    ***Gears of War 2 \\*// 6TH September 2010 -- Gears of War 3 Level 400 \\*// 18th July 2012 -- Embry Star - 11th December 2011 -- SERIOUSLY 3.0 - 1st June 2012 Seriously Judgmental - 27th March 2013***

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by OrphenCB View Post
    As far as Prescott not knowing/knowing about flooding the tunnels, he had to have known. Prescott lives by omissions. Prescott is never done with his secrecy. He only gives in when he's on his deathbed. He absolutely knew what was on every disk. In terms of Azura, I'm wondering if in their above ground travels, the Locust were like, "hey, guys. Look at that stormy thing. Bet we could totally tunnel in there." Sure, the Hollow is flooded, but they could still dig new tunnels if they felt up to it. Or maybe Adam let them in, we know he's got a soft spot for him.
    Im sure the locust arrived at Azura on boats! If I remember correctly we can see the boats at the beach of Azura!!! You'd think they would let us know the reason Prescott was so secretive but maybe his plans on stopping the war lied with Azura! There needs to be something from Epic to explain why the recording was on the locust computers, how old it is, and why the queen said to Marcus about Adam "it's a shame u didn't follow his path"

What the hell is that all about and why did she say that? What path? She makes it sound like he joined the locust!!! I feel these things should have been revealed there was so many questions from gears 2 that went unanswered! New hope, sires, Ruth, Niles, nexus (how long has it been there), locust origin, and everything I mentioned above!!

Now after gears 3 I feel there's much more questions left answered and I was disappointed about that with gears 3! Don't get me wrong I loved the gears 3 campaign it was fantastic but so many questions were left unanswered!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FearsomeOyster

People hate Prescott for some mysterious reason...he was one of the best leaders the COG had he really really didn't like his job.
    Fallen Star 1/14/12.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x671xCRUZaderx

Thanks for clarifying this up Valk.
    #186 EGFC Member Onyx Guard Member #371 \\★// A HUGE THANK YOU to III LYCAN III for Dom
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Gnashes for the Reaper Skin A HUGE THANK YOU to lPunishmentz for Jungle Tai
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Fisal for the Classic Hammerburst A HUGE THANK YOU to PopeAdrian37th for the Neon Skin

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FluffyPrince

Thanks Val! You made the most sense.
    Owner of a Liquid Green Skin
    COG: Chairman Richard Prescott / Locust: Golden Hunter
    Thanks to ICookieCLOWN for being so generous and giving me an Infected Omen skin pack!
    Less Than Three Kaligono for giving me a Savage Kantus! <3

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FellBlueDodger

Good except for a few points:

1. Myrrah contacted Adam around 4-5 years before E-day, to help with the infected Locust (now known as Lambent)

2. Adam works at his Mansion at the Academy during the Locust war helping Myrrah with the Lambent, but also secretly making an improvement to the Mk1 Lancer (Retro Lancer), making it into the MkII Lancer with a new chainsaw bayonet

3. When Adam gets details of the Locust tunnels (The data in his basement in Gears 1) He realizes that if they flood Jacinto, it could end the war now (message from Gears 2). Myrrah finds out and launches an attack on the Academy, which is when Marcus disobeys his orders to save him. When Marcus flees with Dom, thinking his dad dead, Onyx Guards go in and try to retrieve any important data but find Adam alive, but before they can get to the computers in the basement, Locust take over the Mansion, they recieve the data and put it in their computers instead.

4. When Adam continues his research at Azura, he finds out that when contacted with a massive amount of water, Imulsion would actually spread and progress faster. (message after credits of Gears 2)
    USAF

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDodger View Post
    Good except for a few points:

1. Myrrah contacted Adam around 4-5 years before E-day, to help with the infected Locust (now known as Lambent)
    Correct

2. Adam works at his Mansion at the Academy during the Locust war helping Myrrah with the Lambent, but also secretly making an improvement to the Mk1 Lancer (Retro Lancer), making it into the MkII Lancer with a new chainsaw bayonet
    He didn't "secretly" make the MKII Lancer, as I doubt Myrahh was on his case 24/7. He made it to help humanity cope with the Locust

3. When Adam gets details of the Locust tunnels (The data in his basement in Gears 1) He realizes that if they flood Jacinto, it could end the war now (message from Gears 2). Myrrah finds out and launches an attack on the Academy, which is when Marcus disobeys his orders to save him. When Marcus flees with Dom, thinking his dad dead, Onyx Guards go in and try to retrieve any important data but find Adam alive, but before they can get to the computers in the basement, Locust take over the Mansion, they recieve the data and put it in their computers instead.

Adam already knew that flooding the tunnells could wipe out the Locust. He knew this approximately One year after emergence day. This is all discussed in Jacinto's Remnant. He wanted to use a different method than incinerating the planet, but they didn't have enough time to flood the tunnells.

The recording in the Locust computer is most likely old. From maybe Emergence day up until 1AE.

4. When Adam continues his research at Azura, he finds out that when contacted with a massive amount of water, Imulsion would actually spread and progress faster. (message after credits of Gears 2)
    I dont think that it would spread faster in water, I think he just means we've screwed up because now the Locust would be combatting the Lambent, giving them more time to evolve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Claw 006
    Honestly, I don't think that Prescott knew of the plan to sink Jacinto. Why? Let's remember that Adam Fenix had been trying to solve the Lambent problem with Myrrah for nearly twenty years. All conversations between Myrrah and Adam Fenix would have been private, because as Adam Fenix admits, Prescott knew nothing of the Locust until just before E-Day. Therefore, his solutions would have been recorded and stored on the Locust computers, Prescott was at the time oblivious to the existance of the Locust.
    Prescott knew of a plan to flood the tunnells. He just didn't go with it as Adam Fenix told him it wasn't going to be as effective as a Hammer of Dawn strike. The only reason that humanity took the decision to flood the hollows at the end of Gears 2 was because that message was discovered, and everyone thinks that it's relatively fresh information. If Prescott had taken the time to contact Adam on Azura, he'd have found out it was incorrect, and that flooding the hollow would essentially give the Lambent more freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion Rises
    Im sure the locust arrived at Azura on boats! If I remember correctly we can see the boats at the beach of Azura!!! You'd think they would let us know the reason Prescott was so secretive but maybe his plans on stopping the war lied with Azura! There needs to be something from Epic to explain why the recording was on the locust computers, how old it is, and why the queen said to Marcus about Adam "it's a shame u didn't follow his path"
    I think they arrived on boats as well. The Maelstrom Generator wouldn't be on 24/7, so the Locust could have slipped in, and then disabled it long enough for Gas Barges to come in.

Prescott's plans with stopping the war most definitely lied within Azura. He'd kidnapped practically ALL of the COGs leading scientists and brains, and put them there to come up with ideas to stop the Locust, and then the Lambent.

The recording on the Locust computer. Remember, the Locust had access to the Fenix estate for around four years. They could have easily stolen old data.

As for the Queen taunting Marcus. Adam chose to help the Locust, Marcus' chose to destroy them. I think that's what she's getting at.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dirty spoonge

I think the recording at the end of Gears 2 has been in the Locust computers because it was a message to Myrah about a possible solution. She rejected it at first but as things got more desperate she realised it was all she could do..thus the recording is very old
    Show your support for the Michaelson and Trescu themed DLC idea!

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...per-happy-hour!

COG- Prescott w/ Team insignia Lancer and C.Omen Gnasher

Locust- KANTUS!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Array Blankie

Good post

Iron Guard

You guys are awesome thank you to everyone for their posts this has really helped me understand things a lot better I would love Epic to confirm all of this is true but I guess they have intended for us to discuss this! Thank you to everyone and please keep continuing to post about this topic