Skaarj

Wink Hello everybody!

Hello everybody!

I am new in this forum and would like to introduce myself!
    I'm starting to play UT3 this week and I found this forum very good to take some questions and get some tips for playing well.
    I'm not totally new in the world of UT, I've played the UT99 and UT2k4 and loved the style of the game, so now I'm finally moving to UT3, but I'm not a realy good player yet, and I think I need some tips. So I count with you guys.

And forgive me if the text has some english mistakes, I'm Brazilian.
    Alone in this war, I have to keep on moving ahead, but no matter what happens, I'm not afraid of death...
    Because I use respawners!!!

Banned

AWESOME! I think you'll find UT3 the best out of all of them. But don't kid yourself, I'm sure you already know this game takes skill to be good unlike some other *cough COD BF3 cough* do, hah! If you have any questions, post them or ask them in this thread and I'll or we'll do the best we can to help out. There is a great community here as in all the Unreal Tournament series, and Welcome to the forums

*stands up*

Hi, my name is Gameslaya and I am suffering from orb withdrawals, road rage, and flag lust.

*sits down*

Redeemer

Welcome to the forums and the game dude!

God King

Welcome to the forum!

It's always nice to see some new people over here.

Here's a list with tips.
    In case you want to look it up from time to time, it's at the top of the UT3 General Chat page.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

This guy seems completely inconspicuous and new. Welcome (back) to UT3!

Iron Guard

DM-Malevolance coming soon Raptarus, so be prepared for the awesome

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HyperJudgement

Welcome to the forums! I don't even know why I am here lol.
    Thanks to Motion for the Liquid Green skins!
    Thanks to Voodoo_nachoman for the flaming Sawed-off!
    Thanks to Flak for the Lancer avatar prop!
    Thanks to gear elite 970 for the Lambent weapon skin!
    Thanks to Gears_Of_Law for the Team Metal skin!

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Welcome aboard mate! New UT3 players are greatly appreciated. Enjoy your stay.

Redeemer

my name is rek, and i happily welcome you to some weird part of the interweb, where the greatest game that the masses didn't get resides.
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

Skaarj

Thanks guys! It's nice to see that I'm welcome here!

And by the way, I have a doubt on warfare mode. On WAR-AVALANCHE sometimes the announcer talks about a "tentacle" (Tentacle Deployed/Retracted) and I see a giant tentacle above a power node, the doubt is: What this thing does??
    Again in the same map sometimes an avalanche occurs near one of the prime nodes, what makes it happen?
    Alone in this war, I have to keep on moving ahead, but no matter what happens, I'm not afraid of death...

Banned

OH Crap! I don't know too much about Warfare - just a little here and there about DM, some CTF, Greed, and mabye TDM, ha

God King

There are two nodes in the cave, if you conquered both, it will start an avalanche that will damage the enemy prime directly, even being able to destroy it and disconnect the enemy nodes from their base, giving you the chance to get their prime and attack their core very fast.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Skaarj

Thanks for the info Sly. And |213| don't worry about it, you can help me some other time.

Oh! and jomi294, let me know when you are finished DM-Malevolence. I'd love to play a version of this map for UT3!

Redeemer

you can use a shape charge to destroy a barricade that can let forth an avalanche?
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by jomi294 View Post
    DM-Malevolance coming soon Raptarus, so be prepared for the awesome
    So much pressure on Barballs LOL!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Raptarus View Post
    On WAR-AVALANCHE sometimes the announcer talks about a "tentacle" (Tentacle Deployed/Retracted) and I see a giant tentacle above a power node, the doubt is: What this thing does?? Again in the same map sometimes an avalanche occurs near one of the prime nodes, what makes it happen?
    • when your team controls the 2 stand-alone nodes (nodes not connected to power cores or other power nodes) it will slowly start to drain the enemy prime node.

• the avalanche is caused to placing a shape-charge on a barricade next to one of the team bases. placing one next to your base will make your prime node and both stand-alone nodes neutral again. placing it near the enemies base will take out their prime node and both stand-alone nodes. there are 2 shape-charges in the map, one at each base. right tower on red, left tower on blue.