Default DM-AssaultForce (Beta 2) [Pics] *UPDATED*

***UPDATED***

Name: Assault Force
    Version: Beta 2
    Compatibility: Built with Titan Pack / Patch 4, so I guess that's what's needed?
    Description: A small tech-themed map based off my Quake III CTF map from the Maverick Summer 2011 Competition, "Tactical Assault". Great for 1-on-1 or small DM.
    Comments: Here is a review of the original CTF map if anyone is interested: http://lvlworld.com/#c=m8&i=2195&d=8...m=All&p=review
    Screenshots:

Credits: Odedge, VendorX, NickG, TKBS, Darkness is QnL for feedback and support.
    Homepage: http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/
    Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/DM...ltForce_b2.zip

To-do / test:
    Visual bug fixes, etc. maybe add more details.
    Bot optimization / bug fixes.
    Add PS3 support if possible. (Don't have a PS3 though, but you can do it without one, yes?)

Hope you enjoy, and please send any feedback you have, good or bad.
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 08-19-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

The screenshot looks dependable to me. Looked around the original article you just might brought.
    Downloading this UT3 map, testing and making feedback (if possible).
    Last edited by Private Tux; 02-13-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks for checking it out Tux!

Updated original post with Alpha 2, with a few adjustments. A small crate has been added to the crate stack at armor vest to allow someone to jump from stairs and grab it instead of just having to drop down from above. Also an experimental new platform has been added to the RL room which contains a Stinger Minigun.

If anyone has suggestions or comments, please leave them by. I'll be making gameplay adjustments from your suggestions before I move on to aesthetics.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gameplay looking ok for a ut3 duel but this map could support a fourth room on the flak/linkgun's side, no?

Okay, this is a huge bump here, but I didn't see any rule against "necrobumping" in the editing forums so to say, and I felt it'd be the lesser of the two evils when compared to starting a whole new thread tbh. (Since that'd be hogging space with two separate threads for the same map)

The map is now in beta, with visuals, a working levelshot, sound effects, better bot functionality, etc. Please continue to send any suggestions before I finalize it.

Download for new version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/DM...ltForce_B1.zip

Thanks to all the guys that helped me with the editor up to this point.

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Not a huge bump. You can edit your first post/changing the thread title while updating your map and post it to this thread instead of creating another one (necrobump can only take the previous last post date by other user [not you] that is less than two years old; you can just resurrect any threads if you want to when the DL links of the first post from threads in Beta/Full Releases section are dead).

Anyway, downloading your Beta 1 release.

Thanks.

BTW, how important is "clipping" (i.e. using blocking volumes) areas between protruding objects in UT3? Back in the Q3 community it was of great importance due to the fast pace of strafe jumping and having that movement stopped by protruding objects, but since UT3 is a slower-paced game where people aren't likely to be hitting the walls by going fast, i.e. having far more control, I was curious as to what the stance on this is.

Beta 2 available:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/DM...ltForce_b2.zip

- Fixed an issue where weapon projectiles would impact the volumetric
    lighting coming from the doorway lamps.

- Fixed a grammatical error in the description (present-tense
    "exploding" should be "exploded".)

- Decorated the ceiling in the lower tunnels a bit.

- Increased levelshot contrast.

Please send any bug reports and leave it as feedback if you happen to find any!

Bump. If you found any bugs or serious issues, please let me know! I absolutely need information regarding such problems before it can go final. I want to hear your comments and thoughts. Thank you for your cooperation.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

Looks allright for a beta
    I'll give a go when I get home.
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darkn3ss is QnL PSN ID: DEVIL_-eSs3nCe-

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    Thanks.

BTW, how important is "clipping" (i.e. using blocking volumes) areas between protruding objects in UT3? Back in the Q3 community it was of great importance due to the fast pace of strafe jumping and having that movement stopped by protruding objects, but since UT3 is a slower-paced game where people aren't likely to be hitting the walls by going fast, i.e. having far more control, I was curious as to what the stance on this is.
    Well, making angled walls can improve some strafing/wall dodging, you just need to apply to the right situation in order for it to be effective. Otherwise it will always serve more as a decorative purpose.
    You should take a look at McLogenogs - DM-Dethen / CTF-Bird maps to get to know some more about brushes and how to create effective clipping like trimming floors with brushes instead of using Static Meshes.
    Unreal Old Friends Mapping Crew

Internal Coordination of the UOF4 Low Poly Map Pack Version 1.1 available for Download!

CTF-UOF-LP-Jigoku
    CTF-UOF-LP-Rising
    DM-UOF-LP-Unlimited
    DM-UOF-LP-Animus

Standalone:
    CTF-Embargo
    CTF-Seraph
    CTF-Dutchees

Blog
    My Blog

Redeemer

Cool cool map!

First, you're not even close to necrobumping........check out some of mine here. OK, you need an author name in the preview shot and I think you should be able to jump on the conveyor from anywhere. Actually, maybe that area isn't accessible at all, but it should be. I like the high ceilings, z-axis, crystals in the outside scene, moving fans, steam, music choice and sounds. This map has good flow and bots are decent and it is the most fun with 4 players, but probably can support one or two more. I don't see anything major that should be fixed at this point. What's the trick to getting the Udamage? (humor me, I don't do a lot of tricks).

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    First, you're not even close to necrobumping........check out some of mine here. OK, you need an author name in the preview shot and I think you should be able to jump on the conveyor from anywhere. Actually, maybe that area isn't accessible at all, but it should be. I like the high ceilings, z-axis, crystals in the outside scene, moving fans, steam, music choice and sounds. This map has good flow and bots are decent and it is the most fun with 4 players, but probably can support one or two more. I don't see anything major that should be fixed at this point. What's the trick to getting the Udamage? (humor me, I don't do a lot of tricks).
    Thanks for the positive feedback! Happy to hear it plays well.

To obtain the UDamage: It requires an elevator-jump. Step on the elevator in front of the UDamage, then when it's at full speed hit jump before it reaches the top, and you should get a decent amount of air, enough to land on the platform. It's much easier to do if you're actually facing the UDamage - but it either requires you to step on it while walking backwards, or by jumping on it from above. I find the former technique to be much easier. There's also a few more tricks in the map that can be performed using the elevators to your advantage - for example, instead of having to use two elevators in the RL room to get to the third floor, you can just perform a jump from the bottom elevator and you'll have enough momentum to reach the top without touching the second elevator. You'll have to watch out for the pipe, though.

Redeemer

Yep, never was down there to realize a lift jump. I was trying to get it from above.