Default DYSTOPIA -UDK- shortfilm -

Here is my Bachelor Project. 6 month of work all by myself.
    Rendered in Realtime using UDK
    There are two version of the film. One is my orignial where I used music form Nine Inch Nails. The other one was created later and uses music from Philipp Grünauer. Philipp is a fellow Student and he needed a project to finish all his courses at school. So he asked me if he can do an original score for my film.
    paulmader.blogspot.com

with music by NIN

with music by Philipp Grünauer

Here is a flythrough the environment of the film

MSgt. Shooter Person

WOW! that is great

Skaarj

impressive work - the story has something of iRobot, but maybe because of the robots - really like it

MSgt. Shooter Person

This looks really fantastic. Any chance you can capture and post some hi res photos too?

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is really impressive. Did it play in realtime (at what framerate?), or did you use UDK as a rendering engine to capture tiledshots, stitching those together for your video?

Thanks Guys
    I used the engine video capture methode (console command "startmoviecapture"). tiledshot wasn't used for the video
    Framerate in DirectX9 is 40fps average only the opening shot with the city scape is with 16 fps the slowest scene. But I didn't had time to do any performance optimization.
    The DirectX11 version(the one in the video) is way slower it is about 15 fps average. lowest drop is 4 fps when the camera is super close to the chracter and tesselation becomes to complex.
    Tesselation is the main performance killer when it is disabled it runs almost as good as the DirectX9 version.
    My PC is a I7-2600 3,4 GHz, 8 GB Ram and Geforce GTX 560-Ti

I will make some Hi-Res shot soon.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great work. Maybe mocap next time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

what software did you use? 3dmax? zbrush?

Yes 3dsmax and zbrush for the two human characters

Iron Guard

This is awesome! A little bit too much nudity perhaps. Especially to watch it in a University Lecture about 3D modelling like I did. xD

very nice work! i really liked the look and feel of the whole film!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very impressive...Love the enviro..Loved the robotic fly..excellent work matey..

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Your work is intended to be amazing. Great atmosphere, 3D shots and the environments are straight from the top. Keep up the good work.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: none

Very well done;thanks for sharing.
    What have we become!...

how did you do that fancy hud stuff when the robot is aiming down his sniper rifle sights?

95% hit chance...and he misses

Very cool.

The part where the male character walks up the steps to the computer ops center shouldn't sound so heavy though. It sounds like the steps are made of drums and his feet are padded drum sticks.

Very dark background methodology. Robots being used to murder ones competitor where the only person responsible is the robot that does the killing thus leaving the the human master behind the robot's control free to walk and destroy a competitor at will

Iron Guard

Good work!
    How do you make that flare on robot's eyes?
    Can you help me with this? http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...8#post30170408

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very nice. Especially for a one man project. My only suggestion is to take more time on the rigging of the characters. It looks like they only had the one bone traveling down their back when you really need at least three. Also if you take an extra bit of time making a nice IK/FK rig with good controls you save ten time the amount of time in the animation process, and your animations look better. No one can fault you for that though, this is incredible work for a single person.

Amazing job dude well done

Did you use City Engine for City? and what did you use for animations? Iclone, Motion Builder, old fashion way 3ds max...?

The environments were amazing (what specific textures from the listed sources did you use? they looked great!), but romance scenes by professional studios still suffer from clunky animation issues to this day, and the animation in this video does still need a bit of work. Personally, I would have cut that bit at the kiss, and spent more time polishing the fight scene animations.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Amazing textures! But, one thing, the animations were a tad rough.

Don't worry, though, it's certainly worth all the work you put into it!

I absolutely love your setting, and your environment. If you get the time, can you tell me how you got that brushed metal on your fly? it looks fantastic!

great job, once again!
    http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/15/86/17/59/stirwo11.jpg

I have a fairly extensive knowledge of Blender and GIMP. You can PM me any questions you have on either of these, and I'll do my best to answer them.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great stuff! Now where's the game?

@ghoststryr
    a huge amount of the assets actually don't use a diffuse texture it is mostly done with masks and uniform colors. This way I got the clean look I wanted.
    The textures I used are mostly used for the background (sky, facades of the small buildings, streets and plants) don't ask for the file names it would still be a long list

@ makan ansari
    Just old school simple modular assets. I didn't used anything like city engine.

@darkbasics
    this is a Postprocessing Material using the sobeledge detection you can find on the UDN

@redbox

the Flare is just a lensflare attached to a socket on the character. I guess your problem is that the changes inside the Lensflares properties(in Generic Browser rightclick properties not the double click) is not updating as soon as you change a value. You have to close for a second and open lensflare editor again to update the setting

I also uploaded some highres screenshots without any video compression http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/w...ader/Dystopia/

Prisoner 849

Very nice M8!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Absolutely incredible, I cant believe this is a one man project.
    Btw, dont forget -maxqualitymode and -notexturestreaming for capturing.

Yes I was not able to use maxqualitymode. At the time the Nvidia drivers where crashing randomly during captures with maxqualitymode.
    So I decided to not use it.

Boomshot

Animation a little stiff in places, but that's a minor quibble for such excellent work... part way in I even forgot it was done real-time, which I think is more a testament to your artistry and directing skills than the engine itself. Really well done.

The Sacrifice

OMG This work is amazing how did you create all of it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my Website: http://www.greenfishstudios.wix.com/info

Contact: If you are in need of any help, or if you have any questions about 3d Modelling, or you need information about using the Unreal Engine, then please make sure to contact me at the following address, as i would be happy to help you out!: GreenFishStudios@live.com

Youtube Channel Address: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenFi5hStudios

I will be able to provide you with any support, or queries that you have, so please make sure to contact me, either on the forums via PM, or to my business address, and i will provide you with a reply, within 48 hours!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sacrifice

Its so good!
    Visit my Website: http://www.greenfishstudios.wix.com/info

Contact: If you are in need of any help, or if you have any questions about 3d Modelling, or you need information about using the Unreal Engine, then please make sure to contact me at the following address, as i would be happy to help you out!: GreenFishStudios@live.com

Youtube Channel Address: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenFi5hStudios

I will be able to provide you with any support, or queries that you have, so please make sure to contact me, either on the forums via PM, or to my business address, and i will provide you with a reply, within 48 hours!