Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Did many of you forget the Lambent actually first appeared in Gears of War 1?

I totally forgot about this but they're only in the form of Lambent Wretches in Gears 1. Then in Gears 2 they appear again near the end of the game trying to chase out Queen Myrrah from her Palace, Then you fight the Lambent Brumak.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

I could never forget them, when gears 1 came out me and my friend played co-op on insane and he always died during the mine cart level, he would always die to the wretches, there was a lot of rage that day, lol.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Palace Guard

Oh yeah i remember.. it's when your outside in pouring rain.. right?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTouRisTofDuTYx

Yeah those little bastards were so annoying. It wasn't enough to kill them, because then they would blow up!
    Proud GearHead since 2006.
    Favorite Cog: Commando Dom/ Tai Kaliso/Adam Fenix
    Favorite Locust: Theron Elite/ Savage Theron
    “@PeteNub: It's a 1 hit kill with a ridiculous refire rate, a super fast reload, too much ammo, easiest active reload. Yeah it's imbalanced.”
    “@quinndelhoyo:bypasses DBNO, highest damage output per shot, noob friendly active reload. It excels more than it should.”

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jmfchuckie

Love that mission, so freaky.
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Offbeathater

no way might play again lolz
    Thanks to Johnny-sagu,Themainman21,Not Alexander,Yosoypr,Ivan Canimport,and Gears_Of_Law for the codes

Iron Guard
    Why does everyone post stupid stuff here?
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GHN GostDragn77

And that's why you dont use chainsaws on glowing things ;P
    GT: GHN GostDragn77 LV 28 War Hero 43/60 COG: DIZEEHHHHH
    LOCUST: Savage Maruader
    It takes a real man to play with a "handicap". PROUD Retro and Sawed-off user. Got hate? Bring it to the battlefield.
    Hype, UV, Tiger, Rainbow, Pink, Any other skins that make me stand out? Cause i use them.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jim Tuna

I remember them on the train where you kill RAAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkio View Post
    Sorry, but really? That Jim Tuna guy is a reaper? Dude does nothing but spam the forums I have yet to come across one non spammy post from him. There are other users who are more active and contribute a lot of information/ help threads off their own initiative- they are more deserving of this opportunity. Apparently you can report spam and spam is frowned upon but here EPIC are, rewarding the spammers.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Tuna View Post
    I remember them on the train where you kill RAAM
    i dont remember there being wretches during the Raam fight?? LOL
    there were some reavers and kryll but im pretty sure that was it

unless you ment on the train PRIOR to Raam but not where you kill raam....
    Guardian & Wingman

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Conway XIII

To be honest, I haven't played gears 1 - I'm dying to pick up a copy, saw it for 10 quid - not even preowned!

The whole story behind gears is epic.. I remember picking up gears 2, and smashing the campaign on hard in like 10 hours - Mind.Blown.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The Lambent Wretches also interfere with the boss battle with the Corpser in Gears 1 as well. When your trying to hurt the Corsper annoying Lambent Wretches would explode behind me from Dom shooting them haha.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Simmons x tFG

Nah I remebered them, there were actually 2 kinds of them, one at that Immulsion Plant, and others underground (those were more lava ish).
    I have a rendezvous with Death
    At some disputed barricade, it may be he shall take my hand
    And lead me into this dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath........
    I have a rendezvous with Death
    And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.

I support the lifesaver movement. Get well soon, Melissa

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooded Claw 006

What makes no sense, is the fact that the Drones fight alongside the Lambent wretches. Surely the Drones would kill the wretches as they were infected. EPIC obviously hadn't thought too much into the story back then.
    HUGE thanks to TAO Devil and Saxaphone18 for my Aftermath Era Baird 12th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to DxM for my Jungle Tai character skin. 28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to Cher for my Cole Plushie.
    28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to poppirt for the Brisk Skin. 9th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to TAO Devil for my Judgment Demo. 16th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Neon Skin 27th April 2013. HUGE thanks to III Lycan III for my Team Metal Skin 25th Aug 2013.
    Thanks to III Lycan III, Insane Rumbler and BRUTE for codes for my friend. I Helped The Community Banner awarded 9th Aug 2013.
    ***Gears of War 2 \\*// 6TH September 2010 -- Gears of War 3 Level 400 \\*// 18th July 2012 -- Embry Star - 11th December 2011 -- SERIOUSLY 3.0 - 1st June 2012 Seriously Judgmental - 27th March 2013***

Banned

Nice I didn't think about that lol...especially considering the canon now is that the Locust had a Lambent problem as pretty much the whole reason for the entire war with the humans occurring. I guess wretches just had pretty much the same drive whether glowie or not, or some BS reason.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SlittyKarma

Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Claw 006 View Post
    What makes no sense, is the fact that the Drones fight alongside the Lambent wretches. Surely the Drones would kill the wretches as they were infected. EPIC obviously hadn't thought too much into the story back then.
    Yeah totally!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Yes, I always wondered whether EPIC actually meant for Gears 3 to have a full on Lambent army or whether it was just a cool thing they added in Gears 1 and ran with it. That mission with the Lambent wretches in Gears 1 shows the horror stems Gears used to have. Gears 1 - Horror/Shooter, Gears 2 - Horror/Sci-Fi/Shooter, Gears 3 - Sci-Fi, Shooter. I miss the horror elements so much

Default haha

Oh yeah I remember now wasn't it act 2 I was thinking about the first time we see the lambent so didn't realise it was the first one means they knew it was gunna be a trilogy I think I could be wrong

Prisoner 849

my god those lambent wretches on insane in that little room gnasher them all best advice

Iron Guard

This!!! I have thought this since completing gears 2 why would they fight with them if they're the enemy?? Like u said they hadn't thought this out back then but I did see an interview with cliffyb saying they had the idea of the lambent from the start which is why they are in gears 1! Just felt they could have went about this better but the only explanation I can think of is they probably didn't want to give too much away in gears 1! If the locusts killed the lambent wretches in gears 1 it would be too confusing, they probably didn't want to give too much of the plot away so early! That's all I can think of! But I do feel we should have seen lambent locusts on the surface in gears 2 that would have made things more interesting! I loved gears 2 but I felt the scene in nexus where we see the lambent fighting the locust was a bit lame! If they have been fighting them for so long and the lambent was the whole reason the locust attacked the humans then surely we could have seen more of them in the hollow!! Who knows lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A Ninja Poop

So much rage in the train at the end. Fuluck those little bastards. "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nerd rage."
    Shout out to my friend, Red, for the V.I.P pass & UNDEAD MIKE 95, for the Paintball skin!!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

I know I already posted but as a matter of fact I'm playing that bit of Gears 1 campaign right now

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Judg3mentDrag0n

I hated the area with like 10-15 Wretches on Insane. Mad me go nuts. And I also remember the glowie a## locust shooting the standard locust. (You could press Y and see the 'Distant Battle')

I really want to play gears 1 again, ive already completed it like 7 times but my older brother accidentally broke it, still deciding if I want to buy it again
    People, use correct grammar, don't conform to spikin like dis nd ting u get me, (speaking like this, do you understand)
    If in doubt consult a dictionary

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: X Filtrator PSN ID: Da_Nerf_Herder

It's been so long since I played the Gears 1 campaign that I completely forgot about those damn wretches. I remembered the Lambent appearing in Gears 2 because it was so tied into the story. Good post OP.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”. - Edmund Burke

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

I'm pretty sure Epic had a few ideas to skeleton the plot of how the trilogy was going to go, but they left a LOT of room for things to flesh out and develop as the series progressed. Hence the anachronisms.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x671xCRUZaderx

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    I could never forget them, when gears 1 came out me and my friend played co-op on insane and he always died during the mine cart level, he would always die to the wretches, there was a lot of rage that day, lol.
    Haha same here!! Good times.
    #186 EGFC Member Onyx Guard Member #371 \\★// A HUGE THANK YOU to III LYCAN III for Dom
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Gnashes for the Reaper Skin A HUGE THANK YOU to lPunishmentz for Jungle Tai
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Fisal for the Classic Hammerburst A HUGE THANK YOU to PopeAdrian37th for the Neon Skin

MSgt. Shooter Person

its a bit sad that the lambent from gears 2 aren't in gears 3. the lambent drones looked similar to the normal drones in gears 2. i would like to fight against the gears 2 lambent in horde

MSgt. Shooter Person

THAT WAS A PAIN. lol

Gamertag - GTRandy
    Cog - Anya Stroud
    Locust - Savage Grenadier

GOWJ - 151

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mach1545

I still remember the how much trouble I had on insane when those lambent wretches came in sort of waves. That specific part of the chapter took me like 2.5 hours.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IX FlameHaze XI

Ah yeah... I had trouble with that mission like everyone else :')
    If anyone has a spare Flaming weapon skin, i would glady take it off your hands...
    IX FlameHaze XI - Feel free to add me on Xbox Live
    Onyx Gnasher - Gold Omen Hammer Burst
    Epic Games Forum Clan

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snorkelbottom

Also why didn't the corpser you face of against in Gears1 become lambent upon entering the imulsion.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Quote Originally Posted by snorkelbottom View Post
    Also why didn't the corpser you face of against in Gears1 become lambent upon entering the imulsion.
    It fell into too much imulsion to become infected. It's kinda like drugs. Overdose of it and you die.
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Valera's too pimp View Post
    It fell into too much imulsion to become infected. It's kinda like drugs. Overdose of it and you die.
    That makes no sense, the Lambent Brumak at the end of Gears2 stood in a pool of immulsion, plus the Lambent themselves are partially/mostly made up of immulsion.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

That makes no sense, the Lambent Brumak at the end of Gears2 stood in a pool of immulsion, plus the Lambent themselves are partially/mostly made up of immulsion.
    I'm saying that if you get an overdose of it you die. Most of the infected did not fall into a pool of imulsion. It's an infection. They were exposed to a certain amount of it, that it didn't kill them. If you've finished GoW3 campaign you find out that the imulsion is a living Disease( forgot the word...) so it infects every living thing. It infects things so that they become imulsion. So when the infected are mostly imulsion, they are now Lambent and don't die from it. As for the Lambent Brumak No one really knows how that Brumak became infected. And since it's lambent it doesn't die from imulsion.
    No.Go make me a sandwich

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I'm saying that if you get an overdose of it you die. Most of the infected did not fall into a pool of imulsion. It's an infection. They were exposed to a certain amount of it, that it didn't kill them. If you've finished GoW3 campaign you find out that the imulsion is a living Disease( forgot the word...) so it infects every living thing. It infects things so that they become imulsion. So when the infected are mostly imulsion, they are now Lambent and don't die from it. As for the Lambent Brumak No one really knows how that Brumak became infected. And since it's lambent it doesn't die from imulsion.
    The Brumak became infected because it stood in a pool of imulsion. If the Corpser had overdosed from direct imulsion exposure wouldn't it have exploded.

And I've finished all 3 Gears on insane.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

The Brumak became infected because it stood in a pool of imulsion. If the Corpser had overdosed from direct imulsion exposure wouldn't it have exploded.

And I've finished all 3 Gears on insane.
    ( I wasn't saying you didn't finish Gears campaign I just wanted to make sure that I didn't spoil anything for you or anyone else who might be reading these posts. If I sounded rude I apologize.)
    And exactly as you were saying because It STOOD in imulsion it didn't die. It's body wasn't fully in the pool of imulsion. As for the Corpser exploding, I don't think it would explode because it wasn't lambent. I think imulsion as a living acid, it burns. It probably burned the corpser to death.
    No.Go make me a sandwich

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

( I wasn't saying you didn't finish Gears campaign I just wanted to make sure that I didn't spoil anything for you or anyone else who might be reading these posts. If I sounded rude I apologize.)
    And exactly as you were saying because It STOOD in imulsion it didn't die. It's body wasn't fully in the pool of imulsion. As for the Corpser exploding, I don't think it would explode because it wasn't lambent. I think imulsion as a living acid, it burns. It probably burned the corpser to death.
    I see where you're coming from but I don't buy it. The Brumak in Gears2 stood in a vast pool of imulsion and continued to stand there, therefore it recieved a highly concentrated dose of imulsion akin to that of the Corpser in Gears1. Therefore the Corpser should have become lambent. The real reason it didn't is because Epic hadn't thought of that element of the lambent at that point (yet another plot hole), but it would've been nice to have seen them correct this oversight in the RAAM's Shadow DLC, but alas they did not.

As for the idea of Imulsion being akin to acid, I don't buy that either. Imulsion is a symbiotic parasite that requires a host organism, but upon infecting the host the Imulsion becomes dominant, evolving the host into a lambent form with a hive mind and a tendency to explode upon death, with the hope of further infecting more hosts.

Banned

That particular part of "Evolution" was an absolute nightmare in Co-op.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I see where you're coming from but I don't buy it. The Brumak in Gears2 stood in a vast pool of imulsion and continued to stand there, therefore it recieved a highly concentrated dose of imulsion akin to that of the Corpser in Gears1. Therefore the Corpser should have become lambent. The real reason it didn't is because Epic hadn't thought of that element of the lambent at that point (yet another plot hole), but it would've been nice to have seen them correct this oversight in the RAAM's Shadow DLC, but alas they did not.

As for the idea of Imulsion being akin to acid, I don't buy that either. Imulsion is a symbiotic parasite that requires a host organism, but upon infecting the host the Imulsion becomes dominant, evolving the host into a lambent form with a hive mind and a tendency to explode upon death, with the hope of further infecting more hosts.
    I know imulsion is a parasite( I forgot what it was called in an earlier post.) I was just stating that it burns like acid.
    No.Go make me a sandwich

Boomshot

Do you mean the Corpser part where you had to shoot the latches on the bridge so that the Corpser fell into the pool? If so I think it just drowned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast