Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pappa Chewbacca

Default Mindzeye Platinum vs Bronze GOW statues

Hello Guys, this is my first post but I've been lurking around for about a few months lol. I'm in the process of deciding which Boomer statue to pick up. I've seen the Platinum version but not the Bronze. Is there anyone out there with both versions I would really appreciate some input or even a pic of the statues side by side.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    He who writes upon these walls
    sh**s his sh**s in little balls
    but he who reads those words of wit
    eats those little balls of sh**

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I have the bronze one, i like it better then the platinum one because its not as shiny and i like the colour better, but both statues are very detailed and very cool.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Iron Guard

Are the Mindzeye statues worth getting? I would kind of like the Dom one.
    I <3 Gears of War.
    "Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions." - Kiana Tom

Veteran

Gamer IDs

The boomer ones are more expensive but i got mine when it was on sale, all the statues are very detailed, i think it they look cool, i guess it just depends on if you want to spend the money on it.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

Iron Guard

I love getting collectibles, are the statues made of good materials, like actual metal? Didn't they only make like a thousand of each statue?
    I <3 Gears of War.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by flowerz77 View Post
    I love getting collectibles, are the statues made of good materials, like actual metal? Didn't they only make like a thousand of each statue?
    My boomer is pretty dang heavy, and its very very sturdy and well put together, and ya i think they made 1000, mine is number 119.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    My boomer is pretty dang heavy, and its very very sturdy and well put together, and ya i think they made 1000, mine is number 119.
    Nice! I may have to get one. I wish I could afford the Boomer, but I think I have to go with Dom. I would like to have at least one of them. Do you just have the boomer?
    I <3 Gears of War.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Nice! I may have to get one. I wish I could afford the Boomer, but I think I have to go with Dom. I would like to have at least one of them. Do you just have the boomer?
    Ya, i was planning on getting a Platinum Marcus, but i decided to save my money for something else, the boomer is enough for me.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Iron Guard

Ya, i was planning on getting a Platinum Marcus, but i decided to save my money for something else, the boomer is enough for me.
    Ok, I think I'll do the same! I definitely can't afford all three, but I'll get Dom for $80. I love collecting Gears stuff, but I don't have much haha. You should post pics of your Boomer!
    I <3 Gears of War.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Ok, I think I'll do the same! I definitely can't afford all three, but I'll get Dom for $80. I love collecting Gears stuff, but I don't have much haha. You should post pics of your Boomer!
    I just might, i just have to find my camera first.
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"

Iron Guard

I just might, i just have to find my camera first.
    ok sweet
    I <3 Gears of War.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DaviVascaino PSN ID: DaviVascaino

I have both and a prefer the bronze one, the finish and color looks better

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    I have one rare and sold out code for the Cole Train plushie for your avatar. IThis code was given only to people during PAX 2011. I am looking for SGE or savage kantus. Let me know if you want to trade

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lotrek PSN ID: Lotrek

Got the bronze Boomer and the platinum Marcus and Dom myself and gotta say I like the bronze effect more and I would recommend these statues to anyone their the crown jewels of my collection.
    Veteran Gear 5/9/11
    My youtube video game playthroughs channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lotrek1985?feature=mhee
    Veteran Gear, All 4 Preorder Characters, Adam Fenix, Season Pass, Infected Omen Skins, Flaming Gnasher, Flaming Sawn Off

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x671xCRUZaderx

I personally like the bronze statues more.
    #186 EGFC Member Onyx Guard Member #371 \\★// A HUGE THANK YOU to III LYCAN III for Dom
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Gnashes for the Reaper Skin A HUGE THANK YOU to lPunishmentz for Jungle Tai
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Fisal for the Classic Hammerburst A HUGE THANK YOU to PopeAdrian37th for the Neon Skin

I know a guy in my class who wants to sell his Mindzeye Dom Santiago Statue, the Blue Variant one, and is brand new... but for $350 O.o
    Just wanted to give some of you a chance to get it, I can't get it lol