Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Valafar123

Default Horde Difficulty?

How does one select difficulty when playing social horde?
    Loadout: Hammerburst MK-II / Gnasher Shotgun / Ink Grenade
    Twitter: Valafar123 | GT: Valafar123
    I suck with the judgment Gnasher and I can admit that. You don't see me complaining about the gun.

Boomshot

If by social you mean standard horde, you don't. All standard horde is on normal difficulty unless an event is going on that states otherwise.
    ___,...---'---..---...,,,,',
    [__--_;=-o@Reign187''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|---;;;;;;;;;;;;:'

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Odd, since I keep getting put on casual, hardcore and insane too.
    I suck with the judgment Gnasher and I can admit that. You don't see me complaining about the gun.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Valafar123 View Post
    Odd, since I keep getting put on casual, hardcore and insane too.
    That is odd. I play a lot of horde, and except for a couple of past event weekends, standard has always been normal difficulty for me.

Massive Thank you to Bumble8eeTuna for my Chicks Dig the Baird tee & for being a truly EPIC boyfriend ❤ ★
    ★ Special mention to Parasidian & Rishy ★ Thank you to Capt23n for my SGE code ★ Many thanks go to Cher for the early access FoN code ★

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Happened again today. Only difficulty I didn't play on today is normal. 0.o

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bazinga A7x

Quote Originally Posted by Valafar123 View Post
    How does one select difficulty when playing social horde?
    Horde Difficulty on Social Horde is determined by whomever ends up as host, and its based off the difficulty setting that they last played Campaign on. Yes, its stupid. So if you want to play Social Horde on Hardcore or Insane. First play Campaign on the difficulty setting you want, get to a checkpoint, then back out to menu, and start a Social Horde game as host. The Horde game picks up the difficulty setting you used. People join in at random, so if you are coming in to a game already started you do not have any control of difficulty. Only the host establishes the difficulty. I realized this last year after playing a casual Campaign in co-op with my son. Couldn't figure out why all the Social Horde games I started as host were stuck in casual.
    Last edited by Bazinga-A7X; 02-13-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    "Embrace what you can't change." -Tai
    Total Onyx medals 56/65, EGFC Member #143 Former member of The Insane Horde group, may it R.I.P.
    SpinelessOyster - Thanks for the code.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga-A7X View Post
    Horde Difficulty on Social Horde is determined by whomever ends up as host, and its based off the difficulty setting that they last played Campaign on. Yes, its stupid. So if you want to play Social Horde on Hardcore or Insane. First play Campaign on the difficulty setting you want, get to a checkpoint, then back out to menu, and start a Social Horde game as host. The Horde game picks up the difficulty setting you used. People join in at random, so if you are coming in to a game already started you do not have any control of difficulty. Only the host establishes the difficulty. I realized this last year after playing a casual Campaign in co-op with my son. Couldn't figure out why all the Social Horde games I started as host were stuck in casual.
    This is interesting.. not trying to discredit you, but this has never affected horde for me. I find I pull host quite a bit, and its always been on normal difficulty even tho the last time I played campaign was on insane, and arcade was casual..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bazinga A7x

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    This is interesting.. not trying to discredit you, but this has never affected horde for me. I find I pull host quite a bit, and its always been on normal difficulty even tho the last time I played campaign was on insane, and arcade was casual..
    GEARS 2, not Gears 3 (Gears 2 does not have Arcade). Yeah, my son and I played Co-op on Casual during the xp events in August. I went on Social Horde and kept getting Casual games. Checked the forum, and this was mentioned. Played Campaign again on Hardcore, and started getting Hardcore games. Only applies if you end up as Host.

When the first xp events got strtade leading up to Geras 3 release , one weekend was Tickers, and many Veteran players who had wings used this to bring the games down to Casual, as those players were not concerned yet about xp (which was a 5X multiplyer) but were more focused on kill counts for Seriously 2.0. The next week, they used the same trick was used to bring the difficulty up, to get more xp as the multiplyer was now 10X and now more worthwhile at Normal & Hardcore levels.
    "Embrace what you can't change." -Tai
    Total Onyx medals 56/65, EGFC Member #143 Former member of The Insane Horde group, may it R.I.P.
    SpinelessOyster - Thanks for the code.

MSgt. Shooter Person

you can't it is only normal difficulty and that's it. no other difficulty is allowed so don't lie

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WhismaR

Mind that this is in the Gears 2 forum, people. Interesting to know, at any rate. Just barely getting to play Social. Damn 2 map packs I was missing.
    Need to beat Survival on Insane, to get specific achievements, or just like playing in general? Drop a request here.
    Quote Originally Posted by illbegon3 View Post
    There is literally too much derp going on in the forums right now.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga-A7X View Post
    GEARS 2, not Gears 3 (Gears 2 does not have Arcade). Yeah, my son and I played Co-op on Casual during the xp events in August. I went on Social Horde and kept getting Casual games. Checked the forum, and this was mentioned. Played Campaign again on Hardcore, and started getting Hardcore games. Only applies if you end up as Host.

When the first xp events got strtade leading up to Geras 3 release , one weekend was Tickers, and many Veteran players who had wings used this to bring the games down to Casual, as those players were not concerned yet about xp (which was a 5X multiplyer) but were more focused on kill counts for Seriously 2.0. The next week, they used the same trick was used to bring the difficulty up, to get more xp as the multiplyer was now 10X and now more worthwhile at Normal & Hardcore levels.
    Derrr reign lol.. no arcade in gears 2.. I haven't played gears 2 in forever, and when I re-replied i was thinking gears 3. Still, my original reply was pertaining to gears 2, so I must have been damn lucky to always have my difficulty on standard (as far as I remember) unless it was a private match. Thanks for the interesting info, never knew you could affect the difficulty of horde in gears 2.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Yep, playing campaign definately changes difficulty.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

To set the dificulty to where you like "if" you grab host,set up a "local" match of horde,not campaign.Set the dificulty to what it is you prefer and *presto*...that is the setting you will have if you pull host in any of your games.Bazinga is absolutely correct,although I have only set my dificulty making a local horde match.You do not have to finish the game either.Have been playing Gears2 horde 3 + yrs and have had my wings for about a year or so.Try it,it works.Again,this only applies "if" you grab host.Will definately check this out again to be 100% sure and post later.
    Last edited by PugdogsDaddy; 03-02-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Boomshot

Thought it was always normal in Social.

In addition to several past events on weekends, the standard has been my normal difficulty.