Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xIDeeno

Default Seriously 3.0 is so unfair !!

Right i am a big achievement hunter. An i love to get stuck in to get achievements. But seriously 3.0 is so unfair !!.
    I only play execution/warzone. I may never reach the ( play 2000 warzone matches ) even though i play that playlist.
    So why should i have to Get the guardian medals to unlock this achievement. I would not mind playing a 100 or so but 2000!!

I understand seriously 3.0 was intended for hardcore gears fans to dig into gears 3. I am one of these fans. But some of these medals are ridiculas.

I think the achievement should say. Unlock 20 onyx medals and reach 100 - so people can pick and choose what 20 onyx medals they go for..

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mr pot noodle

Thats a good idea as I only play horde and have no intention of playing vs.
    Im gonna saw me some grub and make me a quater pounder with extra cheese hold the relish!!!

Big thanks to Angryjohnny123 for Aftermath Baird
    Big thanks to dab0ne for Jungle Tai

xboxlive: mr pot noodle

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doominated

Seriously 3.0 is almost as bad as the achievements on the early 360 shooters that required you to get #1 on specific leaderboards

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SOUNDxOFxNOISE

Quote Originally Posted by HounDOOM View Post
    Seriously 3.0 is almost as bad as the achievements on the early 360 shooters that required you to get #1 on specific leaderboards
    What games are those?
    n8lyons213 aka... SOUNDxOFxNOISE

Quote Originally Posted by sprunky View Post
    You are complaining about people complaining about a much complained about fact that is complained about by complainers... Wait what...?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GolfPro72

I think Embry Star (30 Onyx) and level 100 would be a suitably difficult goal to unlock Seriously 3.0. It wouldn't force you to do all the gametypes (some of which don't hold my interest), but ensures that you'd have to expand your horizons somewhat as you wouldn't be able to get it from just Horde and Beast.
    Follow @Reaper_Tracker on Twitter to obtain your Slayer of Samael medal and weapon skins! I got mine - GO GET YOURS!

Have Reaper questions? Want to know how to find them and/or get an invite? Check out Gnashes Epic Reaper FAQ found HERE.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThorsBaldEagle

Quote Originally Posted by n8lyons213 View Post
    What games are those?
    Ghost Recon (and the 2nd i think) had those type.

Seriously 3 is plain retarded, and does nothing but encourage boosting and/or cheating. The same thing happened with the Veteran Gear achievement from Gears 2. It just seems that EPIC don't learn from their mistakes.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doominated

Quote Originally Posted by n8lyons213 View Post
    What games are those?
    Quake 4 and GRAW1 had it. Most 360 launch shooter games had it iirc.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

graw 1 those cheevos were insane.
    Im gonna saw me some grub and make me a quater pounder with extra cheese hold the relish!!!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tysodie

I'm not too concerned about seriously 3.0, I never did get the first or second one, Although one medal I'm working on, Allfathers, is just plain silly, I want to play as prescott, but 1800 matches seems a little too much......
    There's less to talk about these days

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shurai Tenchi

There should be only 1 single medal for all game types so it wouldn't matter what game types you prefer to play. Then they could rise the number of games you have to play for that single medal. So you can get the medal with whatever game type you like. I'd like to get it from playing tdm and koth but i hate wingman =(
    Suche Leute zum Gears3 zocken =) Schickt mir einfach ein FA an mein Gamertag Shurai Tenchi

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThorsBaldEagle

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    It is designed to be hard. They have no plans to change the requirements, and I'm not even sure they can.
    Its designed to be a grindfest. The round leader wins/caps and the requirements for the Nemesis medals have been tweaked, so why not the others?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jonesy420k

ill agree the multiplayer medals are a little on the ridiculious side.. but i believe beastmode, horde, campaign.. those medals are decently balanced.. i have almost all of them at or close to onxy.. but yea the multiplayer ones are going to take a while....
    Sorry I am late to get on the forums.. been to busy playing Gears
    "My hammer bursted my COG" - Onyx Gnasher / Oil Slick HammerBurst

Video Montages & Clips @ www.youtube.com/Jonesy420k
    Follow Me @Jonesy420k

Redeemer

Yes, Seriously 3.0 is ridiculous.
    Yes, it's supposed to be ridiculous.
    Yes, it's just a stupid achievement that yields no reward, but personal satisfaction.
    No, it's not worth your time.
    No, nobody cares if you earned/boosted it.
    No, they are not going to change it.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsBaldEagle View Post
    Its designed to be a grindfest. The round leader wins/caps and the requirements for the Nemesis medals have been tweaked, so why not the others?
    I was referring to the "make it 20 Onyx Medals" idea. Don't think they can change a cheevo like that post-launch

Quote Originally Posted by Trashball Cole View Post
    Yes, it's just a stupid achievement that yields no reward, but personal satisfaction.
    Pretty much.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SOUNDxOFxNOISE

Quote Originally Posted by Trashball Cole View Post
    I quoted this for the sheer goodness of it
    n8lyons213 aka... SOUNDxOFxNOISE

Quote Originally Posted by sprunky View Post
    You are complaining about people complaining about a much complained about fact that is complained about by complainers... Wait what...?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by xIDeeno View Post
    Right i am a big achievement hunter. An i love to get stuck in to get achievements. But seriously 3.0 is so unfair !!.
    I only play execution/warzone. I may never reach the ( play 2000 warzone matches ) even though i play that playlist.
    So why should i have to Get the guardian medals to unlock this achievement. I would not mind playing a 100 or so but 2000!!

I understand seriously 3.0 was intended for hardcore gears fans to dig into gears 3. I am one of these fans. But some of these medals are ridiculas.

I think the achievement should say. Unlock 20 onyx medals and reach 100 - so people can pick and choose what 20 onyx medals they go for..
    I understand where you are coming from because some medals do take a lot of play time or would require a lot of boosting, but I'm still going to have to disagree and say that it would be stupid if they made it so you only needed 20 Onyx medals and a 100 to get the achievement. I say this because than everyone would have the achievement/medal and so it wouldn't be anything of a challenge....a lot of people complained about Seriously 2.0 and how it required you to boost in Campaign but I say "if you want the achievement than work for it....if you don't want to work for it than don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by IBYCFOTA View Post
    Gears took the core mechanics of what made the multiplayer special and either removed them or mangled them beyond recognition. All this for what? To attract the gamer with the attention span of a nat who will play the game for a month and then go back to his favorite FPS or the next flavor of the month title? They're not the ones who are going to be buying all of the DLC and still playing the game 9 months after launch. That would be your hardcore fanbase, the one you've alienated with your changes to the point of no return. Remember them? Don't worry, you will soon enough.
    R.I.P - Gears of War = 2006/2012
    </3

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RryanM

Its probably the best achievment ever, one that you have to put serious work in for.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IRedKiller666

Well did you want seriously 3.0 to be getting 10000000000 kills?

Palace Guard

I honestly don't think i'm getting Seriously 3.0. I can't be bothered to even get the Embry Star haha and i'm 10 Medals away. Can anyone tell me some easy ones to get that aren't Horde/Campaign/Beast related please? Ty

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FLaW ChRiS

Quote Originally Posted by xIDeeno View Post

It wasn't meant to be easy to get, it was meant for the ultimate gear head. What we should be complaining about are medals like Vengeful, that nemesis thing is never gonna happen to me. Make it 2 deaths and not 5.
    Top 200 Gears of War 1 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 20 Gears of War 2 Ranked Execution.
    Original Top 5 Gears of War 3 Ranked Execution.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Elchamuco2

It is designed to be hard. They have no plans to change the requirements, and I'm not even sure they can.

The truly dedicated will get it, others won't. It will take me another several months, but I'll get it eventually.
    more like obsessed
    i created the dbs or the first person who thought of a double barreled shotgun for gears 3

proof: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...t=shotgun+idea

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MongooseRawr

Seriously 3.0 is giving me major replay value for my game and so is the re-uping. I enjoy the game so getting these medals is not a problem for me. You can use private matches anyway if you want to. The only problems I see legitimately with the medals are ones like vengeful that involve you dieing repeatedly and such.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ALIENWAR3

It's an achievement you have to play and work hard to get, being a hardcore gears fan as you claim to be should not be a problem, the only achievement i need to prestige level 2 and seriously 3.0 I hate playing VS but i do it because i want the achievement.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CHANGED.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Masterphailure

It's supposed to be a ridiculous achievement, and if one gets it, they can proudly show it off. Lowering the requirements would just cave in to all the whiners who demand Gamerscore to be handed out like candy. Either you get it or you don't, it's not going to kill you if you do either one.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well only a small percentage got seriously 2 and you got kills in all game types so I dont see why you can't earn them the same here as it would still be a small percentage getting it this time.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bossgdt09

If I REALLY REALLY REALLY tried to get the achievement and didn't boost or cheat, I might be able to get it before the next gen Xbox comes out.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ca336458

If you are a hardcore gears fan, then all these medals and seriously 3.0 give you something to always work towards. But the problem is that some of them make you feel like boosting them.
    Avoid losing your level, ribbons, medals!... basically everything that you have unlocked by heading over to this thread:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-Cloud-Storage

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dr A Fenix

Seriously 3.0 should be a real challenge. The problem with seriously 3.0 is that is goes WAY beyond a real challenge and is plain ridiculous.

If you see anyone with it you don't really respect them, you know they must have boosted or cheated (or are scrounging off the benefits system!). There's just no way an average games player with average life pressures and committiments will get it, at least not in a reasonable time frame like before the next Xbox is out.

Epic also need to appreciate that players will want to move on to play other titles and Gears may not be in the disc tray 100% of the time. I love Gears but after playing it pretty solidly since launch (so almost 5 months) I'm starting to get a touch tired of it so play it a bit less and have started mixing things up a bit, the Crysis remake from games on demand pulled me away for a while.

Its ironic that Gears 3 was supposed to be more casual and the Retro and SOS were created for this purpose but then they throw in Seriously 3.0!

Iron Guard

OP, you make a thread like this and say 2000 Warzone matches twice, that's not even the correct number, and it's not a typo... at least have your facts straight before you create a lash out thread. It's 3000 btw.

I don't know why so many people are so bothered by the achievement, it's almost as if it changes people's outlook on the game itself. If it bothers you so much just act like it doesn't exist, play the game, play what you like.

It wasn't even as life draining as most people think it is. If you actually go for it, it's easily obtained within a couple months. I only worked at it for 3-5 hours at night when my little one and wifey went to bed, that's not a lot of time, and it's the truth... yeah my box was on for a couple of months, so what? That's besides the point. Yeah the achievement forced me to do a bunch of stuff in the game that I didn't want to do, and hated doing. But if you want it you'll do it.

Is it one of the most ridiculous achievements ever? Yup, we all know that. Should Epic change requirements for it just because 0.000000000004% of the people who purchased the game is crying and begging them to for whatever silly reason they have? Nope. If you want it put in the work that's required to get it.

There are serious flaws and game play issues in the game that needs the developers attention, a silly achievement doesn't deserve it.
    Last edited by PreludeToHatred; 02-08-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Gears 1: 1250/1250 || Gears 2: 1750/1750
    ||Gears 3: 2000/2000||
    Re-Up: 3 Level: 63

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThunderCrushR

all I know it takes a lot of electricity to power my xbox through the night to play matches!! LOL

Serious 3.0 is for the Serious Booster! anyone who gets this cheev0 is serious about boosting!
    I still look at myself and wonder why I want this cheev as I sit here typing to the forum as my xbox is playing Private KOTH!

Epic has their strategy, and that is to keep people playing no matter what the cost is, so they encourage boosting by making 3.0 as long as it's boosting their game you won't be playing MW3

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Charity Diary

Quote Originally Posted by ThorsBaldEagle View Post
    EPIC don't learn from their mistakes.
    Amen.
    10 characters.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SNC I Radius

Double post

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SNC I Radius

If it requires me to use the sawed off and retro I will never get it.

Iron Guard

Seriously achievments= for people who tale their achievements very seriously.
    Lol! I think if 3.0 were made easier then it wpuld not be an achievement to be taken very seriously
    Gears 3: LVL 100 Grand Executioner
    Cog: CL Marcus
    Locust: Any

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iamevilchris

Quote Originally Posted by PreludeToHatred View Post

It wasn't even as life draining as most people think it is. If you actually go for it, it's easily obtained within a couple months.
    only possible via glitch. Onyx War Supporter is 30 event ribbons, as of now there are 20 maximum without glitching, if i am not mistaken (i haven't gotten the glitch, played in every event to date and i am at Gold).
    THE TERMITE KING DEMANDS IT!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Major Warrior

The truly dedicated will get it, others won't. It will take me another several months, but I'll get it eventually.
    Well someone doesn't pay attention to much. They can change the requirements because they already have.

Before for the Vengful Medal, just for Bronze, was 75 Nemesis executions. Now it is 10.
    GT: Major Warrior
    It's always best to keep a cool head in a game, otherwise it'll just get hotter and hotter.
    Help support us on bringing back Brothers To The End (BTTE)!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: crizzero

Seriously 3.0 is nothing I'm up to. This is the worst achievement ever and has pretty much nothing to do with any sort of skill. It's time consuming like hell, nothing else.
    Property of the Coalition of Ordered Governments

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by insochris View Post
    only possible via glitch. Onyx War Supporter is 30 event ribbons, as of now there are 20 maximum without glitching, if i am not mistaken (i haven't gotten the glitch, played in every event to date and i am at Gold).
    Yeah I understand all of that, but punch yourself.
    Gears 1: 1250/1250 || Gears 2: 1750/1750
    ||Gears 3: 2000/2000||
    Re-Up: 3 Level: 63

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NickKrause

its unfair to the people that dont deserve it, you want seriously? keep cod out of your xbox
    Check out my youtube for Gears of War content
    http://www.youtube.com/mrshwolive
    Twitter: @realNickKrause
    Can't please everyone so i stick to the truth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast