Skaarj

Default image artefacts when enabling "export to actionscript"

Hi,

I am having some artefacts on images when I enable the "export to actionscript" on an image. When this option is enabled the edge quality of the image is much worse which is especially the case on rotated images.

You can find a screenshot here: http://www.candygun.de/public/export...ript_issue.jpg

Will this issue get fixed soon or is there any workaround?

Thanks
    Andreas

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm not sure if it will help, but have you checked "smoothing" and selected "lossless/png" (rather than the default jpg)? There is also a way of getting the UDK to load the actual image rather than create something from gfxexport, and if memory serves that is by keeping the image used in the .fla in the same folder as the .swf created when you publish the file.

Skaarj

Hi thundyr,

yes, I have checked "smoothing" and "lossless/png" - though it doesn't seem to make any difference. And yes, I know that the images are imported ba the Unreal editor again, but this does not change the edge quality of the images. The only way I can get a better edge quality in both the gfxPlayer and Unreal is to uncheck the "export to actionscript" option of the bitmap. But this would mean the same image would get loaded multiple times in Unreal since it cannot be shared - so this is no option for me.

Skaarj

This issue only occurs in AS3 files. When I export it to AS2 the edges are smooth.

Skaarj

If you want to reproduce this issue you can download a small .fla here: http://www.candygun.de/public/edge_issue.fla

If you export is as an AS2 SWF everything is fine,
    if you export it as an AS3 SWF the edges are pixelated.

Why do you need to set Export for Actionscript on the bitmap image itself?

Skaarj

Because I want to share the image from a library swf to multiple swfs.

I have passed this on to the engineers here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Doyle View Post
    I have passed this on to the engineers here. Thanks.
    Is there any update on this issue? We met a similar one on the image smooth stuff..

Unfortunately, I have not heard anything back about it. However, please bear in mind that the Scaleform integration in UDK is often considerably lagged behind the current version of Scaleform proper.

However, if you have a sample file showing this problem, it would help me to better determine if this is a bug nor not. Please provide me with CS4 or CS5 (not 5.5) .FLA files showing the issue, and any screenshots you can provide as well.