Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you for this I really enjoy using it.
    My YouTube channel

my Imgur page

Deviant art page
    I was reading Dr. Sagan's cookbook, and his recipe for an apple pie is hard to follow.

I am really looking forward to your next update, but like everyone else I have a suggestion/request:

Please make the keyboard-shortcuts editable (if they are not already in your newest version). As a programmer that is not using a keyboard with US-layout, I am having some trouble with the "compile"-shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Q). This combination(Ctrl+Alt+Q or AltGr+Q) is the combination for "@" in the (german) QWERTZ-layout. So basically everytime I want to type an @ it ignores this and compiles the script.
    My german game development blog:
    http://blog.2digitalgames.de

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Denara View Post
    I am really looking forward to your next update, but like everyone else I have a suggestion/request:

Please make the keyboard-shortcuts editable (if they are not already in your newest version). As a programmer that is not using a keyboard with US-layout, I am having some trouble with the "compile"-shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Q). This combination(Ctrl+Alt+Q or AltGr+Q) is the combination for "@" in the (german) QWERTZ-layout. So basically everytime I want to type an @ it ignores this and compiles the script.
    Sure thing Denara. I will definitely include shortcut editor in the next version

Redeemer

Does this support subversion?
    Lead Programmer
    It's the Only NEET Thing to Do

Programming for non-fiction.
    I'm the function of my code. Conditions are my body and calls are my blood. I have input over a thousand lines. Unknown of bugs, nor known to work. Have withstand coffee to create many programs. Yet, those hands will never code anything again. So, as I pray, Unlimited Code Works.

I guess he wants to know, whether there is some sort of revision control like Subversion, Perforce or Git (to name a few) included, so you can commit your code to a repository from within the editor.
    My german game development blog:
    http://blog.2digitalgames.de

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Denara View Post
    I guess he wants to know, whether there is some sort of revision control like Subversion, Perforce or Git (to name a few) included, so you can commit your code to a repository from within the editor.
    Oh like that....Ok i'll try to include something like that from v3.0

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kyben

Great update man!
    Loving the folding dots and new features. Makes my life alot easier. Thank you for making the changes I requested as well. This programs turning out pretty great.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben View Post
    Great update man!
    Loving the folding dots and new features. Makes my life alot easier. Thank you for making the changes I requested as well. This programs turning out pretty great.
    Thank you very much for your friendly comment Kyben. Happy to know you like my IDE.

KNOWN ISSUE: I just noticed that in this version No-Ribbon UI and new commandlines are completely broken. That means if you run with “-noribbon” or “-noweb” or “-nostartupweb” will crash Unreal X-Editor on startup. A fix will be released soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ribbon-UI works fine.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I agree with Kyben - great update; Especially the font-dialog.

...but I think I found a little bug - the "Close All Tabs"-Button doesn't work when closing the editor with more than one tab open. Sometimes it throws an exception, most times not.

reropme

MSgt. Shooter Person

hi ...
    thanks for your great work ... i download it today ....
    i see two important bugs ....
    1- close all tab not working ....
    2- comment line color is not true ...
    see comment line in this picture ...

and my suggestion is add Ctrl + W shortcut to close tabs ...
    thanks

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by reropme View Post
    I agree with Kyben - great update; Especially the font-dialog.

...but I think I found a little bug - the "Close All Tabs"-Button doesn't work when closing the editor with more than one tab open. Sometimes it throws an exception, most times not.

reropme
    Thanks for reporting reropme. I will check it.

Quote Originally Posted by vahid67 View Post
    hi ...
    thanks for your great work ... i download it today ....
    i see two important bugs ....
    1- close all tab not working ....
    2- comment line color is not true ...
    see comment line in this picture ...

and my suggestion is add Ctrl + W shortcut to close tabs ...
    thanks
    Hi vahid67...Thanks for letting me know. I will soon fix that comment line issue.

I fixed that commandline crash issue (No-Ribbon UI now works fine). You can download the fix here or read the original post.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hey, I've created a list of most of the issues and feature requests, just to make things alittle easier for you.

Issues
    -The name has to be exact in the package viewer search for it to show up. Make it so its not case sensitive and so that it finds whatever is closest to what you put in. For instance, UTPaw won't find anything, neither will utpawn.

-When your in the find window, make it so the Enter key hits 'Find Next'. It's just easier after you type.

-When your trying to find a word and there's none found, the message window appears behind the find window, keeping you from clicking on it.

-After every action, the cursor is black for 2 seconds then flips white 2 seconds. With a dark background, make the cursor start white after an action. It's really hard to see where it's at when your doing alot.

-When you try to open a file thats already open in X-Editor, it should select the tab of that file instead of opening a duplicate of that file

-When trying to open a file with X-Editor through Windows Explorer, it will try to restart the program instead of opening a tab.

-When you try to close the program with multiple tabs open, it asks "Would you like to close all tabs?" You have to click "Close tabs" A couple of times for it to work.

-Keywords within comments use the keyword color text instead of the comment colored text.

Possible new features
    -It would be nice if it remembered what files were open the last time you used the program.

-Right clicking a class in the package viewer should bring up a menu with the following options: New..., Rename..., Delete, Duplicate.

-Code Explorer:
    It's like your Package Viewer, but it shows all the vars and functions of a class in a list like so:
    -myPawn.uc (collapsible)
    --Variables (collapsible)
    ---bGibbed
    ---SpawnSound
    ---WeaponSocket
    --Functions/Events (collapsible)
    ---PostBeginPlay
    ---InCombat
    ---SetWalking
    --States(collapsible)
    ---Walking (collapsible)
    ----BeginState
    ----Run
    ---Stationary (collapsible)
    ----blahblah

-Improve navigation by linking to UC files through the text editor. In WOTGreal you can hold the ctrl key and click super/vars/function calls and it'll take you to the super class/var creation/function.
    example:
    class NewPawn extends UTPawn
    clicking UTPawn would open(in a new tab) the UTPawn.uc file.

-Subversion support.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I found a problem with Embed Selections that have /* */ commenting inside. If you create it, open and then close it, it will close it to the first /* */ comment, not the End block.

Redeemer

Hey, I've created a list of most of the issues and feature requests, just to make things alittle easier for you.

Issues
    -The name has to be exact in the package viewer search for it to show up. Make it so its not case sensitive and so that it finds whatever is closest to what you put in. For instance, UTPaw won't find anything, neither will utpawn.

-When your in the find window, make it so the Enter key hits 'Find Next'. It's just easier after you type.

-When your trying to find a word and there's none found, the message window appears behind the find window, keeping you from clicking on it.

-After every action, the cursor is black for 2 seconds then flips white 2 seconds. With a dark background, make the cursor start white after an action. It's really hard to see where it's at when your doing alot.

-When you try to open a file thats already open in X-Editor, it should select the tab of that file instead of opening a duplicate of that file

-When trying to open a file with X-Editor through Windows Explorer, it will try to restart the program instead of opening a tab.

-When you try to close the program with multiple tabs open, it asks "Would you like to close all tabs?" You have to click "Close tabs" A couple of times for it to work.

-Keywords within comments use the keyword color text instead of the comment colored text.

Possible new features

-Right clicking a class in the package viewer should bring up a menu with the following options: New..., Rename..., Delete, Duplicate.

-Code Explorer:
    It's like your Package Viewer, but it shows all the vars and functions of a class in a list like so:
    -myPawn.uc (collapsible)
    --Variables (collapsible)
    ---bGibbed
    ---SpawnSound
    ---WeaponSocket
    --Functions/Events (collapsible)
    ---PostBeginPlay
    ---InCombat
    ---SetWalking
    --States(collapsible)
    ---Walking (collapsible)
    ----BeginState
    ----Run
    ---Stationary (collapsible)
    ----blahblah

-Improve navigation by linking to UC files through the text editor. In WOTGreal you can hold the ctrl key and click super/vars/function calls and it'll take you to the super class/var creation/function.
    example:
    class NewPawn extends UTPawn
    clicking UTPawn would open(in a new tab) the UTPawn.uc file.

-Subversion support.
    Thanks for the list Kyben. That will make it easier for me.

-It would be nice if it remembered what files were open the last time you used the program.
    Recent files is already available in this version.

I found a problem with Embed Selections that have /* */ commenting inside. If you create it, open and then close it, it will close it to the first /* */ comment, not the End block.
    I forgot to mention that Embed Selection will not work with /* */ commenting.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Recent files is already available in this version.
    Oh, I meant when you close X-Editor, the tabs that were open are still open the next time you run the application. That suggestion wasn't from me, thats just what I interpreted as.

Redeemer

Ahhhhh I'm trying to use this but the tab indent is driving me mad D:

Why does it converts all tabs to 4 spaces? When I press enter and it auto-indents I have to press backspace 4 times, when I insert a tab accidentally I have to delete 4 times.
    Why it is not a single beautiful indent like all others editors? :C

Also two nice features I would like to see:

1- Click to go:
    When you click on UDKWeapon it should open the file, this is so nice for reverse traversing the hierarchy :3

2- Shift-Tab to remove a tab indent.
    In Notepad++ if you press tab you insert a tab indent, shift-tab removes a tab indent.
    This is so beautiful because you can like select many lines and remove or add tabs :3

And finally, classes are not highlighted, why:

Unreal X-Editor

nFringe

Edit: Found a bug

When you close the if brackets it removes the indentation, but if you add an else statement it includes it again.

The else shouldn't make the line auto indent.
    Also, the next line is indented twice.
    Last edited by Saishy; 06-19-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Lead Programmer

I'm the function of my code. Conditions are my body and calls are my blood. I have input over a thousand lines. Unknown of bugs, nor known to work. Have withstand coffee to create many programs. Yet, those hands will never code anything again. So, as I pray, Unlimited Code Works.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
    Ahhhhh I'm trying to use this but the tab indent is driving me mad D:

Why does it converts all tabs to 4 spaces? When I press enter and it auto-indents I have to press backspace 4 times, when I insert a tab accidentally I have to delete 4 times.
    Why it is not a single beautiful indent like all others editors? :C
    Am sorry Saishy but its a limitation in the control and cannot be fixed. I know this is annoying but unfortunately there is nothing i can do to fix it.

Also two nice features I would like to see:

1- Click to go:
    When you click on UDKWeapon it should open the file, this is so nice for reverse traversing the hierarchy :3
    Am working on this and code explorer. If everything goes well, i'll be able to post some screenshots soon

2- Shift-Tab to remove a tab indent.
    In Notepad++ if you press tab you insert a tab indent, shift-tab removes a tab indent.
    This is so beautiful because you can like select many lines and remove or add tabs :3
    Shift + Tab works for multiple lines.

And finally, classes are not highlighted, why:
    Working on this too.

When you close the if brackets it removes the indentation, but if you add an else statement it includes it again.

The else shouldn't make the line auto indent.
    Also, the next line is indented twice.
    Indentation works better like this:

I'll try to improve it.....The last time i tried destroyed the indentation completely.

Redeemer

Am sorry Saishy but its a limitation in the control and cannot be fixed. I know this is annoying but unfortunately there is nothing i can do to fix it.
    What do you mean? ______ does not support tab? how does that even work? D:

Shift + Tab works for multiple lines.
    Uhm, shift + tab does nothing. Or at least, does the same as tab.

Indentation works better like this:

I'll try to improve it.....The last time i tried destroyed the indentation completely.
    Noooo we are not going there.

Code:
    if (bSomething) {
         Your code;
    } else {
         Else code;
    }
    much better than

Code:
    if (bSomething)
    {
         Your code;
    }
    else
    {
         Else code;
    }
    And if u disagree ur ugly.
    Lead Programmer

Redeemer

Sorry for the late reply. UDK Forums was not loading properly for me

What do you mean? ______ does not support tab? how does that even work? D:
    Tab is only supported by transforming it into spaces.

Uhm, shift + tab does nothing. Or at least, does the same as tab.
    Select 2 or more lines. Tab/Shift Tab works.

And if u disagree ur ugly.
    lol...ur funny . Ok i'll try to add indentation for the way you type. I tried to add it once but it didnt worked. Anyway i'll try again.

EDIT: Due to some suspicious activity i was forced to change my email account. So Registrations and Unhandled Exception Reports will not work at the moment. I will release a new update soon to resolve this.

MSgt. Shooter Person

First, this is the best editor around and thanks so much for having "Son of Obsidian" theme by default (it's my favorite for all languages!).

Now for the bug report...
    With v2.6, even after uninstalling, repairing, rebooting, etc., it always loads minimized and will NOT come out of that state no matter what!

I can't get into the program to try and update to 2.6.1 to see if it fixes it.
    This only started after I plugged in a second display for whatever that is worth...

Win7, 64bit.

Thanks for the great program!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Avengus View Post
    First, this is the best editor around and thanks so much for having "Son of Obsidian" theme by default (it's my favorite for all languages!).

Now for the bug report...
    With v2.6, even after uninstalling, repairing, rebooting, etc., it always loads minimized and will NOT come out of that state no matter what!

I can't get into the program to try and update to 2.6.1 to see if it fixes it.
    This only started after I plugged in a second display for whatever that is worth...

Win7, 64bit.

Thanks for the great program!
    First, Thanks for your friendly comment. Happy to know you like it.

For the bug: On the tray, you will see the Unreal X-Editor icon. Right-click on that icon and select "Bring To Front". If that option is disabled then double click on the icon itself. That should bring my program to the maximized state. Let me know if that worked.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hmmm "Bring to Front" is nowhere to be found on that or any program's icon or preview window, but Maximize did make it full screen so I could actually download the 2.6.1 update. If you put it back into windowed mode by hitting the "Restore Down" button in the top right corner, it minimizes again.

The GOOD NEWS is that2.6.1 doesn't seem to suffer from this problem so far! Thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

So, AntiVir has a False Positive for Unreal X-Editor:

TR/ATRAPS.Gen is what is detects it as. I sent a False Positive report to Avira. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by pivotraze View Post
    So, AntiVir has a False Positive for Unreal X-Editor:

TR/ATRAPS.Gen is what is detects it as. I sent a False Positive report to Avira. Hopefully they fix it soon.
    Yes its a false positive. I've also reported but no fix so far. Blog Post: http://unrealxeditor.wordpress.com/2...alse-positive/

Iron Guard

Hello, I have one stupid question :]. How can i change output window color ? It is always black.
    Czech and Slovak UDK site - www.udk-site.net-core.eu
    Space Shock project on STEAM GREENLIGHT

Boomshot

Tab is only supported by transforming it into spaces.
    I haven't got around to trying this IDE yet, but is there really no proper support for tabs? That's a real show stopper for some programmers.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
    I haven't got around to trying this IDE yet, but is there really no proper support for tabs? That's a real show stopper for some programmers.
    Yes, I stopped using it as soon as I found that :c
    Lead Programmer

MSgt. Shooter Person

Avira classified it as a false positive. I think it wont do it anymore

Last edited by pivotraze; 07-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.

The Sacrifice

This IDE seems very promising but right now there are many major things that really have to be fixed :

- Firstly, the IDE is overall slowly and editing the code is laggy. There is a relatively long delay when you press a key and when the letter is displayed. This delay can make you loose a lot of time when you are common with quickly editing a code since you have to wait for the letters to display on the program.
    - There is absolutely no tabulation support ! Even when you press the Tab key it's get converted to four Spaces. Again this is extremely annoying for people that are common with quickly editing a code since you force them to press four times the right arrow to skip spaces instead of one time to skip a tabulation.
    - Those shortcuts to run the UDK editor, game, source folder are very useful but since I have masked this large toolbar to gain more spaces to display the code, each time I want to use the shortcuts I have to re-enable the toolbar and found the shortcuts, which like always make me loosing time. It would be nice if those shortcuts were smaller and permanently displayed near the URL links, on the left of the top bar.
    - The auto-completion is a way too intrusive, whenever I want to edit a condition or a function it always display me a new and large code template to add and if I'm unlucky it's completely mess the code and then I have to redo. The auto-competition should be entirely deactivable since right now it is mostly making loosing time instead of gaining, and hell, time is money.
    - The syntax coloration is bugged : When you comment a code with // or /* */, the key words like If ; Else ; function ; bool ; etc ... are still colored in blue.
    - There is a huge need with customization

Now I don't know what is happening but when I launch the IDE it doesn't display anything. I mean the IDE is launching and I can see it on the windows bar but it's like minimized without any possibility to maximise it. Maybe because last time I closed I checked the case to not ask me for money donation ? :P

Anyway, interesting stuffs, really good skins and I wish the best for you.
    Last edited by Hex0n; 07-06-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Redeemer

Hello everyone...First of all am sorry for the late reply. I had some personal problems so didnt got a chance to login here.

Quote Originally Posted by pivotraze View Post
    Avira classified it as a false positive. I think it wont do it anymore

Thank you very much pivotraze. I've updated my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex0n View Post
    - Firstly, the IDE is overall slowly and editing the code is laggy. There is a relatively long delay when you press a key and when the letter is displayed. This delay can make you loose a lot of time when you are common with quickly editing a code since you have to wait for the letters to display on the program.
    Can you tell me which version are you using. Can anyone else confirm this?

- There is absolutely no tabulation support ! Even when you press the Tab key it's get converted to four Spaces. Again this is extremely annoying for people that are common with quickly editing a code since you force them to press four times the right arrow to skip spaces instead of one time to skip a tabulation.
    I know it is annoying Hex0n but it will always convert Tabs to Spaces.

- Those shortcuts to run the UDK editor, game, source folder are very useful but since I have masked this large toolbar to gain more spaces to display the code, each time I want to use the shortcuts I have to re-enable the toolbar and found the shortcuts, which like always make me loosing time. It would be nice if those shortcuts were smaller and permanently displayed near the URL links, on the left of the top bar.
    I assume you mean the Quick Access Toolbar. If this is not what you meant can you please post some screenshot of what you have in mind .

- The auto-completion is a way too intrusive, whenever I want to edit a condition or a function it always display me a new and large code template to add and if I'm unlucky it's completely mess the code and then I have to redo. The auto-competition should be entirely deactivable since right now it is mostly making loosing time instead of gaining, and hell, time is money.
    - The syntax coloration is bugged : When you comment a code with // or /* */, the key words like If ; Else ; function ; bool ; etc ... are still colored in blue.
    Thanks Hex0n. I think i already fixed syntax coloration bug and will be available in v3.0. Will post some screenshot soon.

- There is a huge need with customization
    Can you please explain a little more.

Now I don't know what is happening but when I launch the IDE it doesn't display anything. I mean the IDE is launching and I can see it on the windows bar but it's like minimized without any possibility to maximise it. Maybe because last time I closed I checked the case to not ask me for money donation ? :P
    I've sent you a PM.

Anyway, interesting stuffs, really good skins and I wish the best for you.
    Thanks!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is an excellent tool. I love the simplicity, and ease of use. Thank you very much!

I do have one issue which I don't know if anyone has pointed it out or not, but I am on v2.6.1.0 and oddly enough I seem to be having frame rate issues. I've noticed that the larger the script file that is open the slower it gets. Its very frustrating and feels very sluggish. Even a short little 100 line script will make it struggle.

I've also tried looking for the windows 7 aero default theme, but I do not see it anywhere, because if I recall I saw a post of yours in this topic showing it.

Thanks again for making this, great for non-programmers like myself :P
    Renegade X - Lead Artist / Producer
    3D Artist - Online Portfolio

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc89 View Post
    This is an excellent tool. I love the simplicity, and ease of use. Thank you very much!

I do have one issue which I don't know if anyone has pointed it out or not, but I am on v2.6.1.0 and oddly enough I seem to be having frame rate issues. I've noticed that the larger the script file that is open the slower it gets. Its very frustrating and feels very sluggish. Even a short little 100 line script will make it struggle.

I've also tried looking for the windows 7 aero default theme, but I do not see it anywhere, because if I recall I saw a post of yours in this topic showing it.

Thanks again for making this, great for non-programmers like myself :P
    Happy to know you like my Editor and Thanks for confirming sluggish issue. Will try to fix it ASAP.

Windows 7 Theme: (Is this what you were looking for?)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice work so far.

Here is a few things I would like to see:

Intellisense/Auto complete similar to WOTgreal and other programming IDEs such as Netbeans.

Go to definition/declaration. I know you are working on this and can't wait for this feature.

Other than those 2 items, this is starting to become my replacement for WOTgreal. Once the intellisense/autocomplete is working like WOTgreal I am probably going to switch fully over to this. The setup process for this is so much easier than WOTgreal and switching from versions of udk is quick which is nice when upgrading to newer versions of UDK.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next version release
    Mod: Renegade X (CNC Renegade Mod) | Unreal Script Coder
    UDK Project: Uncertainty RPG | Youtube Channel

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by warlord57 View Post
    Nice work so far.

Here is a few things I would like to see:

Intellisense/Auto complete similar to WOTgreal and other programming IDEs such as Netbeans.

Go to definition/declaration. I know you are working on this and can't wait for this feature.

Other than those 2 items, this is starting to become my replacement for WOTgreal. Once the intellisense/autocomplete is working like WOTgreal I am probably going to switch fully over to this. The setup process for this is so much easier than WOTgreal and switching from versions of udk is quick which is nice when upgrading to newer versions of UDK.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the next version release
    Thank you warlord57.

Sorry to disappoint you but there will be no Go to definition/declaration function. By the way, next version will be released soon. I'll post some screenshots here in a few days.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I found a bug in the editor. When i had 2 windows open (start page and a script file) and i tried to close the editor fully by clicking the x and was prompted with a dialog to either cancel or close all windows. When i clicked on close all windows nothing happens so i have to click cancel and then close out all open documents to leave only one open and then i amable to exit the editor since it no longer had to ask if i wanted to close all windows or not. I am not sure if you have already fixed it and i havent seen it mentioned anywhere in these posts. Other than that i havent had any other issues so far. I havent opened any large files yet so i am not sure i have the same sluggish experience that others have already reported.
    Mod: Renegade X (CNC Renegade Mod) | Unreal Script Coder
    UDK Project: Uncertainty RPG | Youtube Channel

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast