Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Iron Guard

New Install. Same Problem.
    With Admin too.

Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition.

Skaarj

My opinion would be to improve including tabs each new class open as the other editors and compilers

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi,
    thanks for releasing this editor!
    Keep going and it'll be the most used editor!

Iron Guard

Downloading updates from the program does not work.
    When I download the update, I get a zip file, in which there is an exe file.

I cannot pull the exe file out, and I can't extract it to a new folder. When I double-click the exe in the zip, the exe crashes immediately.

When I press the update button inside the application, it says "Update is ready to be downloaded!" but none of the buttons are highlighted, so I can't click them.
    Even if I say no to get the update, the program downloads the update any way.

Please upload a new updated version of your program, since this update feature simply does not work for me at all.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ICHAINSAWDURMOM

I love this editor. I know you are in the process of fixing the background, but that is my only complaint (code a lot so white gives me a headache).

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by vipar View Post
    Downloading updates from the program does not work.
    When I download the update, I get a zip file, in which there is an exe file.

I cannot pull the exe file out, and I can't extract it to a new folder. When I double-click the exe in the zip, the exe crashes immediately.

When I press the update button inside the application, it says "Update is ready to be downloaded!" but none of the buttons are highlighted, so I can't click them.
    Even if I say no to get the update, the program downloads the update any way.

Please upload a new updated version of your program, since this update feature simply does not work for me at all.
    Vipar....Sorry for the inconvenience....But please know that the update is a simple ZIP file and you can use WinZip/7-Zip/WinRAR or even Defaut Windows Zip program to unzip it. Am not sure why you cant extract it from the zip file. Once unzipped you can simply replace the old exe with this new one. Double clicking the exe inside ZIP file will definitely crash it because it relies on some DLL files for startup.

Anyway i've sent you a PM containing the new EXE. Download and replace it with the old one.

Unreal X-Editor supports UTF-8? I do not think. It's too bad.

God King

Some things:

• Tree view is only a package tree and not a class tree so far. That is fine if you want to look up a class in your project-specific folder quickly, but for the understanding of code is also hierarchical tree necessary, like the one that you see in the Actor Class Browser.
    • At the moment does the editor severely lock up when you compile scripts. It responds to nothing until the compilation is complete.
    • The console window does not manage to stay on top of the editor window. It also has no maximize button, which is severely needed as long as we don't have a line wrap option for it.
    • The compile ribbon is unnecessary. Instead should you give us a window with more compile options. Here the WOTgreal example: simply check the compile options that should be executed and they will be appended as parameter on the compiler.
    • Also note the nice dotted lines between if-brackets in that WOTgreal example.
    • Here some ideas for the syntax highlighting settings: http://i.imgur.com/GhvhM.png (Also note the "speed settings" templates. I want your editor to ship with a template that imitate the colors of Epic's old Unreal Development Environment, though I could probably figure them out on my own. )
    • You stated that it already had a debugger, so might we get some insight on how to use/start it?
    • Once the class tree and parsing is implemented, the search functionality should be extended to search in all script files or specifically the parents and children of classes.
    • And then an option to highlight the class of the currently active tab in class tree view (and expand parent classes until they show that class).

So far, so good.
    Last edited by Crusha K. Rool; 02-10-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Our Loop, which art in source code, hallowed be thy keyword.
    Thy condition come, thy instruction be done, in RAM as it is in cache.
    Increment us this day our daily counter,
    and forgive us our typos, as we also have forgiven our compilers.
    And lead us not to the nullpointer but deliver us from bugs.
    For thine is the API, the GUI, and the CLI while(true).
    Semicolon;
    Please don't send me questions about how to do something in the UDK via PM. That is better discussed in the forums and we only have limited PM storage.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is amazing!

Still looking for intellisense and goto definition/declaration! Think you are going to do something like that?

Also is there a way to disable the highlight words thing? Or make it so it only hi lights it when you are selecting the whole word? (like notepad++)
    The comment above is approved by the "this comment is golden" society. ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Some things:

• Tree view is only a package tree and not a class tree so far. That is fine if you want to look up a class in your project-specific folder quickly, but for the understanding of code is also hierarchical tree necessary, like the one that you see in the Actor Class Browser.
    • At the moment does the editor severely lock up when you compile scripts. It responds to nothing until the compilation is complete.
    • The console window does not manage to stay on top of the editor window. It also has no maximize button, which is severely needed as long as we don't have a line wrap option for it.
    • The compile ribbon is unnecessary. Instead should you give us a window with more compile options. Here the WOTgreal example: simply check the compile options that should be executed and they will be appended as parameter on the compiler.
    • Also note the nice dotted lines between if-brackets in that WOTgreal example.
    • Here some ideas for the syntax highlighting settings: http://i.imgur.com/GhvhM.png (Also note the "speed settings" templates. I want your editor to ship with a template that imitate the colors of Epic's old Unreal Development Environment, though I could probably figure them out on my own. )
    • You stated that it already had a debugger, so might we get some insight on how to use/start it?
    • Once the class tree and parsing is implemented, the search functionality should be extended to search in all script files or specifically the parents and children of classes.
    • And then an option to highlight the class of the currently active tab in class tree view (and expand parent classes until they show that class).

So far, so good.
    Thanks Crusha K.Rool

Do you know where can i find the complete list of compile options? Any links?

I have also fixed the console window lock up when compiling.

EDIT: forgot to show this...This is the UDK Game Debug options i was talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Saucy View Post
    This is amazing!

Still looking for intellisense and goto definition/declaration! Think you are going to do something like that?

Also is there a way to disable the highlight words thing? Or make it so it only hi lights it when you are selecting the whole word? (like notepad++)
    Thanks Saucy...Autocomplete feature is already there. Goto definition/declaration will be added soon

To disable highlight words, Go to settings menu and change "Word Highlight" to Transparent (In Web Tab). That will disable word highlight.

God King

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Comma...e%20Commandlet

Including the description of each parameter as tooltip might be helpful.

With debugging options was I referring to breakpoints, watches and all that fancy stuff. Pausing the running game when a certain point in script is reached and being able to continue it step by step, function by function, statement by statement while looking at the values of each variable in memory.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DebuggerInterface.html
    Last edited by Crusha K. Rool; 02-11-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Semicolon;
    Please don't send me questions about how to do something in the UDK via PM. That is better discussed in the forums and we only have limited PM storage.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: ShurikenUK

I saw this over on the Polycount forums. Sounds really useful and intuitive, especially to those who aint that fluent with programming yet. If I ever decide to try and pick up the Uscript towel again, I'll be sure to use your program!

I remember programs like Notepad++ were an absolute nightmare (I couldn't even get it to recognise Uscript), I found the bogstandard Notepad much better, even though it left you fumbling in the dark, and I didn't have the patience for shareware programs like WOTgreal, with its annoying "wait an increasing amount of time every time you load me up" routine.

I'll watch this space!
    There is no religion except that of Music. There is no god, except that of your own will to create music.
    -Ancient Texts of Truth

Redeemer

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Comma...e%20Commandlet

Including the description of each parameter as tooltip might be helpful.
    Consider it done

It will be available in the next update

With debugging options was I referring to breakpoints, watches and all that fancy stuff. Pausing the running game when a certain point in script is reached and being able to continue it step by step, function by function, statement by statement while looking at the values of each variable in memory.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DebuggerInterface.html
    Hmmm...this one is quite advanced for me. To be honest i dont know how to implement this. But i will try....

God King

Maybe you can get some help from someone else here. Maybe even from Alexander77, who implemented that in his own IDE.
    Semicolon;

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Thanks Saucy...(1)Autocomplete feature is already there. Goto definition/declaration will be added soon :)

To disable highlight words, (2)Go to settings menu and change "Word Highlight" to Transparent (In Web Tab). That will disable word highlight.
    (1) Really? I honestly don't see it. When I type say.. Pawn.<I don't get any suggestions right here> well I mean I get something like Equals() but thats useless to me. (also assume I have a variable named Pawn for Pawn) or when I'm typing in a variable I'm not getting suggestions. It seems that whereever I type a "." I just get those 4 functions suggested.. even in comments (example below.)

Intellisense parses the code so that it can give you accurate suggestions. (I think) Something like this:

As you'd type in letters it would filter it.

(2) Ahh I can't believe I didn't see that my bad. I would still like to see the notepad++ style for doing that still :P

Keep up the good work on this editor :]
    The comment above is approved by the "this comment is golden" society. ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Redeemer

Yup...It contains UDK Game Debug options. It also features UDK Editor DX11 Launcher.
    Uhm, I don't know if this is the same thing I'm talking about.

Am I able to set breakpoints in code and debug directly from the editor?

Edit: Sorry I saw your post only now.
    Well, that is the sole advantage for me on using an IDE over text editors, so I guess I will stick to nfringe for a while :2
    Last edited by Saishy; 02-12-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Lead Programmer
    It's the Only NEET Thing to Do

Programming for non-fiction.
    I'm the function of my code. Conditions are my body and calls are my blood. I have input over a thousand lines. Unknown of bugs, nor known to work. Have withstand coffee to create many programs. Yet, those hands will never code anything again. So, as I pray, Unlimited Code Works.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: YakZSmelk

How do you enable autocomplete?
    Current UDK Project: Wild Wild Western
    Personal Website: robhow.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

Amazing work, but I have a problem: I configured the editor to start with my cystom map: WarArmMap and my custom game: WarArm.MyGame, but when I click on UDK Game it says UDK stopped working...

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by marf View Post
    Amazing work, but I have a problem: I configured the editor to start with my cystom map: WarArmMap and my custom game: WarArm.MyGame, but when I click on UDK Game it says UDK stopped working...
    Its not related to Unreal X-Editor. I too have this issue but it only happens when i add " -editor" to UDK.exe.

Skaarj

Download version continues as the 1.2 link dropbox

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by carlosalexandresc View Post
    Download version continues as the 1.2 link dropbox
    Yes Carlos...thats because i have crappy upload speed and i can only upload after midnight (Bandwidth limitations). So i thought i'll keep it like that. But you can click "Check For Updates" anytime and it will download the update.

MSgt. Shooter Person

hello

program is very good. one question: where is the text (can make black background)?

thanks

Iron Guard

Great software. I have only one improvement suggestion:

- Include tabs support (like in web browser).
    - User configurable buttons (open some folder, run exe...)
    Last edited by nonder; 02-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Czech and Slovak UDK site - www.udk-site.net-core.eu
    Space Shock project on STEAM GREENLIGHT

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by nonder View Post
    Great software. I have only one improvement suggestion:

- Include tabs support (like in web browser).
    - User configurable buttons (open some folder, run exe...)
    Thanks noder! I am working on the tab support and some other cool features. I will post some screenshots soon. Can you explain those configurable buttons? Which folder where you referring and which exe files?

Quote Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
    hello

program is very good. one question: where is the text (can make black background)?

thanks
    Confusion....I just noted that if using "Office 2010 Black" skin the text disappears. If you are using that skin please change to any other skin.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have been playing with this a little, and like most of what I am seeing. maybe in the tree view being able to see the members of the class for quick reference (have a + that when opened shows methods, and public vars)

also this might just be my style but I see tabbing support for inside of braces, but could this be extended to inside parameter lists as well. sometimes I like the ability to have
    function func(param1 val1,
    ````param2 val2,
    ````param3 val3
    ````...
    { // but without the ticks
    or for the function calls so I can put a line break, and not have to scroll forever for a method call.

then this kind of comes from experience with VS2010 but the ability to have multiple files open and switch between them without having to switch back, and forth saving each time. (though this might require a "save all" feature)

sorry for creeping your scope.
    Last edited by gardian06; 02-18-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Iron Guard

Thanks noder! I am working on the tab support and some other cool features. I will post some screenshots soon. Can you explain those configurable buttons? Which folder where you referring and which exe files?
    I think something what can set up (in settings) every user for other folder (his own project folder...) and exe. Something like in ConTEXT. It's not necessary but it's good feature.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Czech and Slovak UDK site - www.udk-site.net-core.eu
    Space Shock project on STEAM GREENLIGHT

I got it to open once. Now I can't see the window for it now.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Someone may have mentioned this earlier, but the current exit prompt is somewhat confusing as it doesn't work as other - similar editors where the question is "do you want to save your progress?" to do so you have to of course press 'Yes' However with your tool if you press 'Yes' this means you exit w/o saving. I hope you know what I mean.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfman View Post
    I got it to open once. Now I can't see the window for it now.
    You mean you cant see the editor itself. Which version are you using? If you are using windows Vista/7 then uninstall and run the setup again with Admin rights (right click and select "Run As Administrator"). Then run the editor with admin rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Prea View Post
    Someone may have mentioned this earlier, but the current exit prompt is somewhat confusing as it doesn't work as other - similar editors where the question is "do you want to save your progress?" to do so you have to of course press 'Yes' However with your tool if you press 'Yes' this means you exit w/o saving. I hope you know what I mean.
    Yes i understand. I will change it in update 2.0. Currently am working on version 2.0 which brings more features. I will post the development screenshots soon.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is awesome but it would be really cool if there was an option for all shortcuts in the settings.
    In my case udk.exe is not called udk.exe so i can not run the game nor compiler from the tool.
    Plastic Piranha
    RikocheT

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by SpacepiG View Post
    This is awesome but it would be really cool if there was an option for all shortcuts in the settings.
    In my case udk.exe is not called udk.exe so i can not run the game nor compiler from the tool.
    In version 2.0 i will add additional option to select the exe file

You mean you cant see the editor itself. Which version are you using? If you are using windows Vista/7 then uninstall and run the setup again with Admin rights (right click and select "Run As Administrator"). Then run the editor with admin rights.
    Thanks, I hope this continues to improve! Still a one weird bug.
    Last edited by Scarfman; 02-19-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: quote messed up

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Scarfman View Post
    Thanks, I hope this continues to improve! Still a one weird bug.
    Yes Scarfman. Its a really weird bug.

By the way here are some development screenshots of version 2.0

Dock Panels are available:

Imageshack

Detail Log Panel Docked to Left Side (NOTE: Compile Output will now show on Output Panel):

Imageshack

Again i rearranged the docks:

ImageShack

Dock Autohide:

ImageShack

I will continue posting new screenshots

Redeemer

Just saying I would happily pay for a version that included real time debugging with breakpoints etc :V
    Lead Programmer
    It's the Only NEET Thing to Do

Programming for non-fiction.
    I'm the function of my code. Conditions are my body and calls are my blood. I have input over a thousand lines. Unknown of bugs, nor known to work. Have withstand coffee to create many programs. Yet, those hands will never code anything again. So, as I pray, Unlimited Code Works.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks good. I'll keep an eye out for this, currently it's not quite good enough to replace my current tool(s)

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is nice dude but tbh tab functionality should be on top of your list.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast