More 20th anniversary fun - submit questions for Epic @ D.I.C.E. Summit
At the D.I.C.E. Summit on February 9, Epic Games President Mike Capps will sit on a panel with Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price and Blizzard Entertainment EVP Frank Pearce.
"Staying Around, Playing Around" will dive into how Epic, Blizzard and Insomniac have weathered the storms in the world of video games over the past 20 years.
We don't want this to be too formal, so that's where you, our community, come in.
Do you have any burning questions for these fearless leaders?
What would you ask Blizzard and Insomniac, given the chance?
Will the PC version of Fortnite will be crafted to the PC players?
I only have some questions directed at Mr. Capps:
- Will there be a Unreal 3 or Unreal Tournament 4? It's very silent around the Unreal franchise and fans start getting nervous, more statements regarding the series (like Mr. Bleszinski's Unreal remake statement which was a bit disappointing though as it sounded as if there won't be any new game or remake of the original Unreal even though he seems to have interest in such) would be great. (Be aware that I don't want to sound rude in any aspect, I'm just a little worried about the Unreal franchise)
- What about a Unreal Championship 3?
- Will there be a coop mode for the Bulletstorm campaign someday? With some minor changes it should be possible, after all there are always two players, you are never alone during the campaign. I was a bit disappointed when there was no coop in the end, was looking forward to play the campaign with my brother.
- Will there ever be mod support for Bulletstorm? It can keep a game alive for long (see the first UT and Unreal which still have a solid playerbase) and I would sooo love to be able to use its assets to create own Anarchy maps and team up with other people to make a coop mode if there won't be an official one. I believe a DM multiplayer is possible as well with a few gameplay adjustments so that the leash can stay in. Anarchy already has a good base for this with the "leash delay".
- Will there be a Bulletstorm sequel? This game was simply great, it has so much potential! It's a shame there might be no sequel, especially since there is a cliffhanger and because I want to kick Serrano's ... erm, you know what for all the stuff he did to Dead Echo and especially Ishi.
- What about a new Jazz Jackrabbit game?
- Was Fortnite one of the 5 little games or was it a bigger game to celebrate the 20th anniversary?
- What will be the other games like, what will they be about and what style will they have?
- Will there be PC versions of Gears 2 and Gears 3 someday? I was very disappointed when Gears became Xbox-exclusive and abandoned the franchise for good. I enjoyed Gears 1 for PC though and if there were PC versions I might buy them, but the longer the wait, the less my interest in it.
I would be very pleased to see one of these questions answered, especially if it's one of those regarding Bulletstorm and the Unreal franchise.
Last edited by Sly.; 01-30-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Considering how uncertain the Gaming industry's future is, what ideals and concepts, that we see in games today,
do you all think will flourish in the future, and what ideals and concepts do you think will fail or we'll see less of?
P.S. Thanks for giving us, the community, the opportunity to ask questions of people such as yourselves! That's really awesome
Last edited by Hands of Tyr; 01-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Few questions for the panel:
1) Being one of the strongest independent studios on the block, or perhaps one of the last remaining few, do you (Epic) think that industry trend will continue to support larger publishers who own various studios such as Activision, EA, 2K, etc, or do you see a possible resurgence of self supported indie studios making a come back in the near future?
Open questions for the panel
2) Recently, and in the past there have been conflicts between the gaming industry and government. As studio leaders do you have a part or opinion in how certain legal actions play out or do you allow the legal systems to take their course and hope for the best possible outcome for the gaming industry? (open question to all panel members)
3) On a day to day basis what is the coolest thing you get to do in your positions at your respective companies? What's the worst thing to do on a day to day basis?
4) The game industry is like any other industry out there, and we have our fair share of layoffs in tough economic times. As studio leaders what are your thoughts or ideas to reduce or limit the amount of layoffs in the gaming industry to allow creative individuals to maintain their jobs without getting hit by the corporate ban hammer so to speak?
5) Many analysts still claim PC gaming is dead or dying, yet there are still many successful PC games on the market. Do you believe what these analysts claim, or does PC still hold a key spot in today's current gaming space?
6) What games are you guys playing now? What is your favorite game of all time, and what's your most hated game of all time?
Last edited by MozI; 01-30-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Is it likely that legacy games such as Jazz Jackrabbit will be remade as a XBLA title?
How is PC gaming going to compete with the growing market share that consoles hold?
When is Diablo 3 going to be released?
Thanks, guys. Don't be shy to ask any fanboy-type questions about your favorite games from Insomniac and Blizzard, too.
Question: Why do you think UT3 failed and if you were to make another UT game, what would you do differently?