MSgt. Shooter Person

Default News From Epic Games - January 2012 UDK Beta Released

Epic Games Releases January 2012 Unreal Development Kit Beta

Epic Games, Inc. has released the January 2012 Unreal Development Kit Beta, the latest version of the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides access to the award-winning 3D game engine and toolset used in blockbuster video game development, architectural visualization, mobile game development, 3D rendering, digital films and more. The latest UDK beta is available now at www.udk.com/download.
    Unreal Engine Showcase: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Developed by Torn Banner Studios using UDK, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a multiplayer melee combat game that was recently named a top pick in IndieDB’s "Best Upcoming Game” category in its Indie of the Year competition. The studio’s president, Steve Piggott, explained how UDK allows his team to stay on the cutting edge of visual technology thanks to regular updates. “Instead of developing a game with an engine for two years and then releasing it with two-year-old technology, developers have the opportunity to launch with the latest version and keep updating it even after release. That's a really powerful thing.” Read more.
    We have showcases of some of the most outstanding video game, architectural visualization, and mobile apps using UDK atwww.udk.com/showcase and www.unrealengine.com/showcase. Also be sure to check out the Works in Progress and theReleased Projects forums.
    January UDK Beta Upgrade Notes

Simplygon Mesh Proxy Tool
    • New Simplygon Merge Tool for combining static meshes

• Grouped static meshes can be combined into a single static mesh
      • This can greatly improve rendering performance
      • Materials/textures are automatically collapsed and new UVs are generated
      • This tool is fully "non-destructive" - you can modify meshes and remerge, and roll back changes if needed
      • Documentation can be found here
    Unreal Landscape
    • Allows you to paint textures on static meshes interactively in the level viewport

• Added the ability to save foliage settings to packages and to share them between levels
    • Added tool to change component size for existing landscapes
    • Hide unused landscape UI when no landscapes are available
    Pivot Painter
    • A new 3ds Max tool that automatically generates pivot points for mesh vertices, allowing for advanced foliage animation and other effects

iOS Rendering
    • Added support for color grading

Unreal Editor
    • Added a "Reconnect" button to the "Checkout packages" dialog
      • The function is disabled when a valid connection is established
      • Upon reconnect, the login screen will appear if the connection failed
      • Once the connection is restored, the "Checkout" dialog is reloaded
    • Altered behavior of the "Convert to Static Mesh" operation
      • It not only builds a model from the selected static brushes
      • It also builds dynamic brushes (which includes volumes) and builds from the builder brush (if selected)
      • It treats these as if they were like additive BSP brushes
    • The autosave time is now simply paused during PIE instead of reset
    • The editor is now more responsive during lighting builds
    • Added a context menu option when selecting multiple actors for assigning the material selected from the content browser
    • Auto content saving is now enabled by default for new users and 'content packages to save' can now be specified in the ini
    • Lens flare visualizations will now appear when a lens flare actor is created and will update if any visualization properties are changed on the template lens flare
    • Made the color picker dialog not modal when changing preview background color for textures
    • Unreal Matinee slow-mo tracks will no longer effect viewports in other sub-editor windows (such as Unreal Cascade)
    • Made the wireframe rendering in orthographic viewports consistent in both DX9 and DX11
    • New packages in Unreal Content Browser are now removed from the “New Packages” collection once they've been saved
    • Fixed the Touch Input Kismet” event in Unreal Kismet so that it sends the proper X and Y values
    • When in Kismet’s hit-testing mode, the Kismet block nubs are drawn bigger to make them easier to select without taking up more screen space visually
    • Enabled the “Paste Here right-click menu option for nodes in the Material Editor
    Misc
    New and Updated UDN Pages

Deathless

great!
    it's awesome to see Landscape getting new features again
    now it only needs Foliage collision and Foliage support for SpeedTrees and it'll be just awesome

and the simplygon merge tool sounds great too, kinda like to replace MassiveLOD in alot of cases

Redeemer

The simplygon tool looks (pardon language) ****en amazing.

Iron Guard

Ah, we were wondering if we were going to miss a month with it coming today.. Saw the list of features and started to do our little happy dance.. amazing work Epic
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

MSgt. Shooter Person

Huzzah! I was wondering what happened to January. Nice job guys.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WedgeBob

Yip-dee-doo, another month, another upgrade... Although upgrades are good, just need to backup projects so one can continue. No harm there.
    Ooh, an hour and 15 minute download...seems like I'll take care of this tomorrow afternoon, then.
    Last edited by WedgeBob; 01-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Amazing release, I was having serious troubles with rectangular landscapes. I assume you can remove from the edges as well, not just inside?

A map I was making is a somewhat B-shaped terrain atop a structure -- terrain tools would be a godsend if only to help tweak vehicle movement and paths.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 01-30-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Core i7 920, Foxconn Renaissance, 6GB OCZ DDR3, GeForce GTX460 + GTX 260
    X-Fi Platinum, Bose QC15 Headphones, Windows 7 x86-64
    Rosewill RK-9000 (PS/2 Adapt. NKRO), Adesso Cybertablet 12000, LG Wide 20" LCD + Samsung 23" 1080p LED + LG Wide 22" Glossy LCD

MSgt. Shooter Person

[0004.12] Heading: --------------------GameFramework - Release--------------------
    [0004.12] Log: Analyzing...
    [0004.13] Log: Loading global macros for GameFramework
    [0004.26] Error: C:\UDK\UDK-2012-01\Development\Src\GameFramework\Classes\GameCheat Manager.uc(122) : Error, Unrecognized type 'HttpRequestInterface'
    [0004.40] Log: Compile aborted due to errors.
    [0004.43] Log:
    [0004.43] Log: Warning/Error Summary
    [0004.43] Log: ---------------------
    [0004.43] Log: C:\UDK\UDK-2012-01\Development\Src\GameFramework\Classes\GameCheat Manager.uc(122) : Error, Unrecognized type 'HttpRequestInterface'
    [0004.43] Log:
    [0004.43] Log: Failure - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    [0004.43] Log:
    Execution of commandlet took: 2.57 seconds

This is the message I get upon launching a brandnew install of the January beta and rebuilding scripts.

Deathless

Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Amazing release, I was having serious troubles with rectangular landscapes. I assume you can remove from the edges as well, not just inside?

A map I was making is a somewhat B-shaped terrain atop a structure -- terrain tools would be a godsend if only to help tweak vehicle movement and paths.
    you could already have a rectangular landscape before. just make a big square, then remove components from the sides to make it narrow
    it's probably a good idea to still do it that way

God King

Could someone enlighten me on the sense of the "Convert to StaticMesh" update? In which way is that new feature with the Volume-stuff supposed to be used now?
    Our Loop, which art in source code, hallowed be thy keyword.
    Thy condition come, thy instruction be done, in RAM as it is in cache.
    Increment us this day our daily counter,
    and forgive us our typos, as we also have forgiven our compilers.
    And lead us not to the nullpointer but deliver us from bugs.
    For thine is the API, the GUI, and the CLI while(true).
    Semicolon;
    Please don't send me questions about how to do something in the UDK via PM. That is better discussed in the forums and we only have limited PM storage.

Technical Writer - UDN
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ffejnosliw

Could someone enlighten me on the sense of the "Convert to StaticMesh" update? In which way is that new feature with the Volume-stuff supposed to be used now?
    It just means you can convert brushes other than Additive brushes to static meshes now. So, if you had a volume in your map, you could convert the geometry of the volume to a static mesh directly.

God King

Ok, was just wondering why someone would ever want to do that, but it may make sense when you aim to export the stuff to your modeling program.
    Semicolon;
    Please don't send me questions about how to do something in the UDK via PM. That is better discussed in the forums and we only have limited PM storage.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadFenix1989
    • Darkness... ...You afraid? I'm not. The Dark is afraid of me.
    • Our private millitary is renowned for its courage, not only to fight the good fight, but to win it.
    • All those... moments will be lost in time, like tears... in rain.
    • In the meantime... this is where I get off.
    • I've come too far. Too far. I'm too close.

Technical Writer - UDN
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Fenix View Post
    Which video? They all load for me.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DeadFenix1989

All. I click and nothing happens.
    UPD:
    Google Chrome fail
    IE 9 just fine, long loads, but working.
    Last edited by Dead Fenix; 01-31-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    • Darkness... ...You afraid? I'm not. The Dark is afraid of me.
    • Our private millitary is renowned for its courage, not only to fight the good fight, but to win it.
    • All those... moments will be lost in time, like tears... in rain.
    • In the meantime... this is where I get off.
    • I've come too far. Too far. I'm too close.

God King

Is it intended that I have to download the video when clicking on it, rather than having it as stream?
    Semicolon;

Technical Writer - UDN
    Gamer IDs

The videos do not stream. Depending on your browser, browser settings, and video player you have installed, they may play internally in the browser, externally in your video player, or simply download to disk.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

Convert to Static Mesh has always been there, I'm assuming the changenotes just mean it's less buggy?
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

Technical Writer - UDN
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ambershee View Post
    Convert to Static Mesh has always been there, I'm assuming the changenotes just mean it's less buggy?
    No. As the release notes state, the behavior was altered so that brushes other than additive brushes, such as volumes, could be converted to static meshes.

God King
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tegleg digital

please could you let us know what, if anything, has been changed with all the scaleform and datastore gubbins in this build?
    my menu dont work anymore
    is it broken?
    Code:
    We.spazmodicaly.simulate.new.sound.with.technical.equipment.that.is.specificaly.manufactured.for.humans.to.communicate.in.outer.space.Tegleg.manipulates.time.and.space.to.create.new.experiences.to.generate.a.hardcore.database.generation.
    LOOK>> Please ask questions in the forum, NOT a private message <<LOOK
    tegleg.co.uk
    My Tutorials n Stuff
    Games: NEW! Tegs Playground Multiplayer Edition
    Unwheel2 - VCTF Game - Sponic Mesh 3D
    Shh.. dont tell anyone about my android apps.
    will code for money

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    No. As the release notes state, the behavior was altered so that brushes other than additive brushes, such as volumes, could be converted to static meshes.
    You already *could* convert volumes, and subtractive brushes.
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

Technical Writer - UDN
    Gamer IDs

From reading it again, the difference seems to be that dynamic brushes including volumes and the builder brush can now be converted whereas previously only static brushes would convert.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Proxy Mesh support is very very nice. But, I hope we'll see better and bigger texture support in the future updates.

The pivot stuff about the foliage, does this mean UDK is moving away from SpeedTree? Considering we can't actually export speedtree's as meshes (correct me if I'm wrong), broken wind settings, should we take the hint and start moving away from SpeedTree? (I know you can't answer if something like that is going to happen, so I'm aware its kind of a rhetorical question)
    Last edited by RNG; 02-01-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosker View Post
    you could already have a rectangular landscape before. just make a big square, then remove components from the sides to make it narrow
    it's probably a good idea to still do it that way
    Gah, typo. I meant non-rectangular. Specifically, I have a B-shaped terrain concept.
    Core i7 920, Foxconn Renaissance, 6GB OCZ DDR3, GeForce GTX460 + GTX 260
    X-Fi Platinum, Bose QC15 Headphones, Windows 7 x86-64
    Rosewill RK-9000 (PS/2 Adapt. NKRO), Adesso Cybertablet 12000, LG Wide 20" LCD + Samsung 23" 1080p LED + LG Wide 22" Glossy LCD

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is the SetRenderTexture issue fixed so that we can all make nice previews of weapons and chars in our flash menu?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    From reading it again, the difference seems to be that dynamic brushes including volumes and the builder brush can now be converted whereas previously only static brushes would convert.
    That makes more sense

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice! I don't know what you guys did to engine, but works again on my (minimun requirements) computer. UDK didn't work on my computer since March 2011 and now is alive again!

Now I am outdated, I have a lot of to learn.
    Sorry for my english.
    Waiting glide's reborn! while trying to start to learn to understand how to work with UnrealScript...

Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Proxy Mesh support is very very nice. But, I hope we'll see better and bigger texture support in the future updates.

The pivot stuff about the foliage, does this mean UDK is moving away from SpeedTree? Considering we can't actually export speedtree's as meshes (correct me if I'm wrong), broken wind settings, should we take the hint and start moving away from SpeedTree? (I know you can't answer if something like that is going to happen, so I'm aware its kind of a rhetorical question)

Hi,
    Pivot painter is not a modeling program it's essentially a rigging tool for vertex shaders (the rigging data is stored in the vertices rather than separate bone objects and skin modifiers).

Speed tree is fast and easy to use but it doesnt allow for the level of animation control that one can achieve with pivot painter. In the licensed version of speed tree you can export your trees as meshes which allows the two programs to work together nicely.

Pivot painter is also a general use tool so you can use it for much more crazy uses. I am currently using it to procedurally animate a large number of objects in an organized fashion.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meri_madara

Woah! The level of optimization you reached for mobiles is amazing! And apply to consoles is awesome!

I only see change of colors in autoadjusted textures of that sympligon house.

I pressume will be a method for fast color change for look like original.

finally, will include the new separated sub surface scattering by Jimenez ??

The head of ssss is hygh poly model in realtime, not half hour render in 3d max!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meri_madara

Woah! The level of optimization you reached for mobiles is amazing! And apply to consoles is awesome!

I only see change of colors in autoadjusted textures of that sympligon house.

I pressume will be a method for fast color change for look like original.

finally, will include the new separated sub surface scattering by Jimenez ??

The head of ssss is hygh poly model in realtime, not half hour render in 3d max!

http://i.imgur.com/AUoVG.jpg

http://clustr.com/images/sized/image...00-600x334.jpg

http://www.iryoku.com/separable-sss-released

Also, i pressume ue 4 will include the massive ia engine for characters for cities, for sandbox games. With the project for procedural cities i hope made a little sandbox on the moon and battle school of ender's game!

Maybe with unlimited streaming of world... That needs rewrite of engine? You know, WOW and others mmorpg for example games.
    Last edited by Crolus; 02-12-2012 at 05:36 AM.

God King

Better Nate than lever, here is the INI comparison between the November and January build:

DefaultEngine.ini
    Code:
    Added:
    [OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks]
    […]
    bUseVAC=true
    bRelaunchInSteam=false
    RelaunchAppId=0
    GameDir=unrealtest
    GameVersion=1.0.0.0
    Region=255
    CurrentNotificationPosition=8
    ResetStats=0
    bFilterEngineBuild=false
    VOIPVolumeMultiplier=4.0

[OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineGameInterfaceSteamworks]
    +FilterKeyToSteamKeyMap=(KeyId=1,KeyType=OGSET_LocalizedSetting,RawKey="",SteamKey="map")
    +FilterKeyToSteamKeyMap=(KeyId=14,KeyType=OGSET_LocalizedSetting,RawKey="",SteamKey="dedicated",IgnoreValue="0")
    +FilterKeyToSteamKeyMap=(KeyId=12,KeyType=OGSET_LocalizedSetting,RawKey="",SteamKey="full",bReverseFilter=true,IgnoreValue="0")
    +FilterKeyToSteamKeyMap=(KeyId=13,KeyType=OGSET_LocalizedSetting,RawKey="",SteamKey="empty",bReverseFilter=true,IgnoreValue="0")
    +FilterKeyToSteamKeyMap=(KeyType=OGSET_ObjectProperty,RawKey="bAntiCheatProtected",SteamKey="secure",IgnoreValue="0")

Removed:
    [Engine.GameViewportClient]
    bUseHardwareCursorWhenWindowed=FALSE

MobileEngine.ini
    Code:
    Changed:
    [Engine.StartupPackages]
    […]
    Package=UDKFonts   // Used to be "-Package=UDKFonts", maybe a typo?

Removed:
    [Engine.PackagesToForceCookPerMap]
    !Map=UDKFrontEndMap
    !Package=UDKFrontend
    !Package=UI_FrontEnd_Art
    // General change: DebugCameraInput is now part of the GameFramework package and not the Engine package.

DefaultEngineUDK.ini
    Code:
    Added:
    [OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks]
    […]
    bRelaunchInSteam=false
    RelaunchAppId=0
    ProductName=unrealdk
    bFilterEngineBuild=false
    VOIPVolumeMultiplier=1.0

[CoreAudio.CoreAudioDevice]
    ChirpInSoundNodeWaveName=A_Interface.RadioChirps.Radio_ChirpIn01
    ChirpOutSoundNodeWaveName=A_Interface.RadioChirps.Radio_ChirpOut01

DefaultInput.ini
    Code:
    Added:
    [Engine.PlayerInput]
    […]
    .Bindings=(Name="GBA_LookUp",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=-.1 AbsoluteAxis=100")
    .Bindings=(Name="GBA_LookDown",Command="Axis aLookup  Speed=+.1 AbsoluteAxis=100")

DefaultUI.ini
    Code:
    Changed:
    [UTGame.GFxUDKFrontEnd_FilterDialog]
    +ListOptions=(OptionName="Mode",OptionLabel="GAME MODE",OptionData=("Deathmatch","Team Deathmatch", "Capture the Flag", "All Gametypes", "Unlisted Gametypes")) // All Gametypes and Unlisted Gametypes are new

UDKEditor.ini
    Code:
    Added:
    [UnrealEd.ContentBrowser]
    […]
    bAllowMaterialCompileForOtherPlatforms=False

UDKEditorUserSettings.ini
    Code:
    Changed:
    [UnrealEd.EditorUserSettings]
    […]
    bAutoSaveContent=True // Was False before.

Removed:
    [Directories2]
    […]
    FBXAnim=
    MeshImportExport=

UDKEngine.ini
    Code:
    Added:
    [Engine.ScriptPackages]
    […]
    NetNativePackages=WinDrv

[Core.System]
    […]
    Suppress=DevHttpRequest

[OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.IpNetDriverSteamworks]
    NetConnectionClassName=OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.IpNetConnectionSteamworks

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
    […]
    EditorOnlyContentPackages=EditorShellMaterials
    EditorOnlyContentPackages=MobileEngineMaterials
    EditPackages=WinDrv

[SystemSettings]
    MobileColorGrading=False

[SystemSettingsFlash]
    BasedOn=SystemSettingsMobileTextureBias
    DirectionalLightmaps=True
    MotionBlur=FALSE
    MotionBlurPause=FALSE
    DepthOfField=TRUE
    AmbientOcclusion=FALSE
    Bloom=TRUE
    Distortion=FALSE
    FilteredDistortion=FALSE
    bAllowLightShafts=TRUE
    MobileHeightFog=True
    MobileModShadows=True
    DynamicShadows=True
    TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,NumStreamedMips=3)
    TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point)

[IpDrv.HttpFactory]
    HttpRequestClassName=WinDrv.HttpRequestWindows

// The already mentioned Steam stuff.

Changed:
    [SystemSettingsIPad2]
    […]
    AllowSecondaryDisplays=False // Used to be True

[MobileSupport]
    […]
    bShouldFlattenMaterials=True // Used to be False

UDKGame.ini
    Code:
    Added:
    [Engine.AccessControl]
    […]
    bAuthenticateClients=True
    bAuthenticateServer=True
    bAuthenticateListenHost=True
    MaxAuthRetryCount=3
    AuthRetryDelay=5

[GameFramework.GameCheatManager]
    DebugCameraControllerClassName=GameFramework.DebugCameraController

[GameFramework.FrameworkGame]
    RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName="DebugGroup",RequireZoneNames=("DebugStickMoveZone","DebugStickLookZone","DebugLookZone"))

[DebugLookZone MobileInputZone]
    InputKey=MouseY
    HorizontalInputKey=MouseX
    TapInputKey=MOBILE_Fire
    Type=ZoneType_Trackball
    bRelativeSizeX=true
    bRelativeSizeY=true
    X=0
    Y=0
    SizeX=1.0
    SizeY=1.0
    VertMultiplier=-0.0007
    HorizMultiplier=0.001
    Acceleration=12.0
    Smoothing=1.0
    EscapeVelocityStrength=0.85
    bIsInvisible=1
    TapDistanceConstraint=32

[DebugStickMoveZone MobileInputZone]
    InputKey=MOBILE_AForward
    HorizontalInputKey=MOBILE_AStrafe
    Type=ZoneType_Joystick
    bRelativeX=true
    bRelativeY=true
    bRelativeSizeX=true
    bRelativeSizeY=true
    X=0.05
    Y=-0.4
    SizeX=0.1965
    SizeY=1.0
    bSizeYFromSizeX=true
    VertMultiplier=-1.0
    HorizMultiplier=1.0
    bScalePawnMovement=true
    RenderColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    InactiveAlpha=0.25
    bUseGentleTransitions=true
    ResetCenterAfterInactivityTime=3.0
    ActivateTime=0.6
    DeactivateTime=0.2
    TapDistanceConstraint=5

[DebugStickLookZone MobileInputZone]
    InputKey=MOBILE_ALookUp
    HorizontalInputKey=MOBILE_ATurn
    Type=ZoneType_Joystick
    bRelativeX=true
    bRelativeY=true
    bRelativeSizeX=true
    bRelativeSizeY=true
    VertMultiplier=-0.5
    HorizMultiplier=0.35
    X=-0.2465
    Y=-0.4
    SizeX=0.1965
    SizeY=1.0
    bSizeYFromSizeX=true
    RenderColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    InactiveAlpha=0.25
    bUseGentleTransitions=true
    ResetCenterAfterInactivityTime=3.0
    ActivateTime=0.6
    DeactivateTime=0.2
    TapDistanceConstraint=5
    UDKInput.ini
    Code:
    [Engine.PlayerInput]
    […]
    Bindings=(Name="WiiU_PointerX",Command="Axis aWiiUPointerX Speed=1.0")
    Bindings=(Name="WiiU_PointerY",Command="Axis aWiiUPointerY Speed=1.0")
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_LookUp",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=-.1 AbsoluteAxis=100")
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_LookDown",Command="Axis aLookup  Speed=+.1 AbsoluteAxis=100")

[UnrealEd.EditorViewportInput]
    […]
    Bindings=(Command="CAMERA ALIGN NEXT",Name=Add)
    Bindings=(Command="CAMERA ALIGN NEXT",Name=Equals,Shift=True)
    Bindings=(Command="CAMERA ALIGN PREVIOUS",Name=Subtract)
    Bindings=(Command="CAMERA ALIGN PREVIOUS",Name=Underscore,Shift=True)
    Semicolon;

God King

February beta is out:
    http://www.udk.com/news-beta-feb2012.html

But it is March here already.
    Semicolon;

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well, on the bright side, after 4-5 months of consistent release dates, we know when to expect the new betas. On the flip side, that generally means the last working weekday of each month.

The Sacrifice

February beta is out:
    http://www.udk.com/news-beta-feb2012.html

But it is March here already.
    It was still February for me