MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation Some Food For Thoughts To Keep In Mind During Game Development.

As most may not known, I was a paranormal investigator. My team currently post - poned as for now, I've learned several techniques to bring out mood and feel within a video. A video game is alike in regards of a Movie. In my current undergoing development of UDK. I may have some great and inspiring concepts inside your development of the levels inside your game.

First important subject in Lighting. Sure, why not have a whole map with different lights....Yet, let's scratch that idea! Have you noticed in Horror Movies, the Lighting seems a bit dark and you get a cold feeling...Researches have conducted research how different type of lighting affect emotional states. Ever played Batman Arkham City? Notice, how the scenes seem a bit cold and dark? This is for the purpose of having the mood or the area of the story like tell the mood.

Are you working with First Person Shooter Camera or 3rd Person Shooter Camera? Angels of the camera actually mean a lot and sets the perspective inside the player's mind. Ever notice War Battles, the camera is middle or just about when they're about to battle, they're above in the sky. Possible, you noticed when a Monster is viewed upward and depicted as SCARY and HUGE. Here's a picture of me testing out camera angles in Photography.

What is your first reaction to this photo? You may see the photo enhancement is dark and a cold filter is applied.

So, keep this tight in mind - Camera Angles mean everything.

1) Middle Shot (Inside the Action)

2) Overhead Shot (God Like)

3) Below Shot (Fear or Something Depicted as Terrifying)

4) Crooked (Adds feeling of Confusion).

Music Effects - this is not yet done by me, however I've researched and understood the dynamics behind Game Scores. Essentially, it gives the player a emotion. Crysis 2 (Ending Song) Gives the player a feeling of Victory and Accomplishment.

So, just a brief words on some ideas you could integrate within your Level and Game. How was reading this thread Helpful?
    Success is building firm bold foundation towards your desire goal.

Easily Watch New Demos & Learn Great Tutorials Right Here http://www.youtube/com/user/6ICGameStudios

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by SICGames View Post
    As most may not known, I was a paranormal investigator. My team currently post - poned as for now, I've learned several techniques to bring out mood and feel within a video. A video game is alike in regards of a Movie. In my current undergoing development of UDK. I may have some great and inspiring concepts inside your development of the levels inside your game.

First important subject in Lighting. Sure, why not have a whole map with different lights....Yet, let's scratch that idea! Have you noticed in Horror Movies, the Lighting seems a bit dark and you get a cold feeling...Researches have conducted research how different type of lighting affect emotional states. Ever played Batman Arkham City? Notice, how the scenes seem a bit cold and dark? This is for the purpose of having the mood or the area of the story like tell the mood.

Are you working with First Person Shooter Camera or 3rd Person Shooter Camera? Angels of the camera actually mean a lot and sets the perspective inside the player's mind. Ever notice War Battles, the camera is middle or just about when they're about to battle, they're above in the sky. Possible, you noticed when a Monster is viewed upward and depicted as SCARY and HUGE. Here's a picture of me testing out camera angles in Photography.

What is your first reaction to this photo? You may see the photo enhancement is dark and a cold filter is applied.

So, keep this tight in mind - Camera Angles mean everything.

1) Middle Shot (Inside the Action)

2) Overhead Shot (God Like)

3) Below Shot (Fear or Something Depicted as Terrifying)

4) Crooked (Adds feeling of Confusion).

Music Effects - this is not yet done by me, however I've researched and understood the dynamics behind Game Scores. Essentially, it gives the player a emotion. Crysis 2 (Ending Song) Gives the player a feeling of Victory and Accomplishment.

So, just a brief words on some ideas you could integrate within your Level and Game. How was reading this thread Helpful?

.......................Funniest thread I've ever read on the forums!

MSgt. Shooter Person

:P You're the funny one! lol!
    Success is building firm bold foundation towards your desire goal.

Easily Watch New Demos & Learn Great Tutorials Right Here http://www.youtube/com/user/6ICGameStudios

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would like to add one thing, watch movies, the old ones, 70`s 80`s production and u can learn a lot. About lighting, sure there is four things:Soft and hard edge,cold and warm (light/shadow)and combination of this, two very important things. Combination of colors, definitely, look around you, how look like some poison spider, snake. Everything is important! Sound is one of the most important things in visual art, wait , visual and sound? Yes, that is the point, ears help eyes to see. If u trying to make a game u must to know, there is no diff. between sound and visual art in it.