Thread: Retro Execution

Skaarj

Default Retro Execution

Every time I do a Retro Lancer execution, for some reason I just anticipate the final strike is a decap motion but of course its not.

Anyone else kinda feel like it should be? They shoot heads off & stomp heads off.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sP I Forge

I dunno, like you said they shoot and stomp heads off, may as well have some variety, it's the only one with a neck slice to my knowledge

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptTranquilSkye PSN ID: Altima-san

Quote Originally Posted by KILL3R II UK View Post
    I dunno, like you said they shoot and stomp heads off, may as well have some variety, it's the only one with a neck slice to my knowledge
    Cause it is. Thats the reason I like it. Plus the sound effect that goes along with it fits it nicely.
    The gamer formerly known as SkyeFire Hero and COG Azure Skye.
    Codes recieved(Will never forget the generosity...) - mcintoshPaintball weapon skin, Parasidian: Young Dom, CaptainSlayer: Neon armor skin, Zales360: Alex Brand, III SKYE III(Myself): Big Game weapon skin and Jungle Tai, Dead Cell Raam: Anya Stroud, Eridanis Nadir: Team Metal weapon skin.
    The Unofficial thread for the revival of King of the Hill!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PuNkLiVz

I wish we could have Raam's execution

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by PuNkLiVz View Post
    I wish we could have Raam's execution
    YEA! And the sawed off with the Bayonet!

Iron Guard

The Retro execution is spectacular, but nothing beats the Torque Bow or the Scorcher executions.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Death Anxiety

the sound of the blood squirting out makes it better than a decapitation.
    Hammerburst Veteran #4736 (Flame Grenadier, Savage Grenadier Elite, Savage Kantus)
    Gnasher Veteran #7331 (Mechanic Baird, Onyx Guard, Tai Kaliso, Classic Dom)

EGFC

Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer

Speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846938701.png

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WhismaR

The decapitation should remain exclusive to RAAM. Even in multiplayer, I mean. Guy takes his vitamins even when scaled down.
    Need to beat Survival on Insane, to get specific achievements, or just like playing in general? Drop a request here.
    Quote Originally Posted by illbegon3 View Post
    There is literally too much derp going on in the forums right now.

You'll see why it isn't a decapitation when you unlock the Cleaver execution.

Probably the only time a video game has ever made me cringe.
    COG Lineup: Tai/Bernie/Recruit Clayton/Alicia
    Locust Lineup: Hunter/Savage Marauder/Kantus/General RAAM.

Thanks SO MUCH to MAsHP0TT for the Adam Fenix code and Cher for the Young Dom code! They were awesome surprise gifts for mah lady!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears of Wario

Quote Originally Posted by x Death Anxiety View Post
    the sound of the blood squirting out makes it better than a decapitation.
    My thoughts exactly!

The decapitation for RAAM should be usable by RAAM and only RAAM in MP. I'd like to see it added.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreludeToHatred View Post
    Your date and post count are going to be reset if you're not careful, better back up your data.

GT - Gears of Wario

I'm gonna hammer you and then I'm gonna burst...GIGGITY ;-)

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: staindgrey PSN ID: staindgrey

This isn't Mortal Kombat. Slitting of the throat more than suffices.

Skaarj

Yea, I have all the executions unlocked. Some are so awesome. Been liking the ticker execution too.

Yes, nothing I have ever seen is as creative gory as the fatalities in mortal kombat....I love that game on so many levels. The new MK set new standards. Of couse the fact you think that it suffices is your opinion, I still think a decap might be entertaining.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JKooL; 01-29-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ProtoKane

Oh the clever execution, I agree on that one.

If we're talking favorite executions I love the Digger's so much. Just the sound alone is satisfying, I don't even need to see the action. Hearing that hollow CLANK followed by that pop. Easily my favorite.
    Many thanks to Falcon2223 for the Commando Dom! Really appreciate that, thank you!
    Many thanks to Capt23n for the opportunity to let my dumb luck lead me to a Savage Grenadier Elite! Thanks again!
    Gears of War 3 Wings attained on Jan 15 2012

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lone Gunz 03

To understand the retro-lancer's execution requires a little understanding of basic human/Locust anatomy to get why it is like this & not a decapitation move like so many other executions. Death is indeed a science,& torture as well as execution is an artform of the macabre. Epic has done a lot of grim research with many of the death scenes & you could almost relate them to what the newest Mortal Kombat's fatalities are like... many horrible & graphic ends come to claim us when our number is up. Someone or groups of someones has done a lot of homework & created many realistic & much more fantasic death scenes for us in those games.

But lets keep with the Gears of War ideas & tactics of executions. Mentioned was the cleaver's execution... that is very graphic & highly realistic. The way the head is severed from the body is perhaps too realistic & frightening if you ever seen such a thing happen! The curb stomp decapitations, however brutal, are just a fan service. Many videos about women & men jumping & stomping all on each other with boots, cleats, & high heels result in minimal damage to an adult skull or the flesh. With just one blow with one foot not even using full weight, we are treated to the fantasy of the curb stomp. It was made popular by the American History X movie & involved a 90 degree angle raised about 4 to 6 inches from level ground & made of concrete, the victim had his mouth/teeth forced against it, & the victimizer used his heel to crush the teeth & most likely severed the spinal cord due to crushed veterbrae at the neck & skull base. Old time mafias in the US used this way as a punishment for adultry mostly or snitches who ran their mouths to officers. It didn't kill them so much as smashing their teeth out by "eating curb." No way, metal clad boots or not is the Gears of War curb stomp realistic... but it is fun!

The Pendulum lancer's finishing execution isn't just a stab in the side because it looks cool & then a cut across the victim's neck that should result in a decapitation maneuver. Sorry, but it is a traditional bayonet kill that is scientific in its brutality & purpose. That initial gut wrenching stab in the side... it actually is a stab between the ribs into the left lung, the smaller lung. This of course cause the intense pain that forces the body upright due to the body's new struggle of graping for air because the lung has collapsed from the trauma. Defensively the arms go to the source of pain at the side to protect against any other infliction of pain which leaves the next vital airway open for attack. The throat is violently slit & probably the head is almost severed from the body, but the spine is a very sturdy grouping of bones, cartilage, & tendons. So as it really happens, we hear the blood spray out & hiss as the condemned either bleed out or suffocate in their own blood, defenseless to stop it & a pretty gruesome way to go.

In final thoughts, some of the executions are horribly realistic with how a body struggles to live & wreaths in agony while death descends upon it. We actually are sparred the much more sadistic effects of the guggling sounds that accompany both slit throats & decapitations as well as the horrific body spasms & continued attempts at life it under goes before all functions cease. Gears of War is perhaps the single most violent shooter out there keeping the Epic traditions alive from back in it's Unreal Tournament days when Quake 3 Arena was its biggest competition for the market on shooting. The brutality & violence is probably what makes Gears more gritty & graphic to players besides its cover based shooting mechanics & shotty battles. The ability to execute your opponents was reserved for Mortal Kombat & its fighting knock offs, but now has become excepted & even over looked by parents who let young kids play the game... perhaps they shouldn't if they actually knew how visceral this game actually is? I don't know, but discretion is advised in playing this game & also in researching any of the grim topics we have discussed here!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunz 03 View Post
    To understand the retro-lancer's execution requires a little understanding of basic human/Locust anatomy to get why it is like this & not a decapitation move like so many other executions. Death is indeed a science,& torture as well as execution is an artform of the macabre. Epic has done a lot of grim research with many of the death scenes & you could almost relate them to what the newest Mortal Kombat's fatalities are like... many horrible & graphic ends come to claim us when our number is up. Someone or groups of someones has done a lot of homework & created many realistic & much more fantasic death scenes for us in those games.

But lets keep with the Gears of War ideas & tactics of executions. Mentioned was the cleaver's execution... that is very graphic & highly realistic. The way the head is severed from the body is perhaps too realistic & frightening if you ever seen such a thing happen! The curb stomp decapitations, however brutal, are just a fan service. Many videos about women & men jumping & stomping all on each other with boots, cleats, & high heels result in minimal damage to an adult skull or the flesh. With just one blow with one foot not even using full weight, we are treated to the fantasy of the curb stomp. It was made popular by the American History X movie & involved a 90 degree angle raised about 4 to 6 inches from level ground & made of concrete, the victim had his mouth/teeth forced against it, & the victimizer used his heel to crush the teeth & most likely severed the spinal cord due to crushed veterbrae at the neck & skull base. Old time mafias in the US used this way as a punishment for adultry mostly or snitches who ran their mouths to officers. It didn't kill them so much as smashing their teeth out by "eating curb." No way, metal clad boots or not is the Gears of War curb stomp realistic... but it is fun!

The Pendulum lancer's finishing execution isn't just a stab in the side because it looks cool & then a cut across the victim's neck that should result in a decapitation maneuver. Sorry, but it is a traditional bayonet kill that is scientific in its brutality & purpose. That initial gut wrenching stab in the side... it actually is a stab between the ribs into the left lung, the smaller lung. This of course cause the intense pain that forces the body upright due to the body's new struggle of graping for air because the lung has collapsed from the trauma. Defensively the arms go to the source of pain at the side to protect against any other infliction of pain which leaves the next vital airway open for attack. The throat is violently slit & probably the head is almost severed from the body, but the spine is a very sturdy grouping of bones, cartilage, & tendons. So as it really happens, we hear the blood spray out & hiss as the condemned either bleed out or suffocate in their own blood, defenseless to stop it & a pretty gruesome way to go.

In final thoughts, some of the executions are horribly realistic with how a body struggles to live & wreaths in agony while death descends upon it. We actually are sparred the much more sadistic effects of the guggling sounds that accompany both slit throats & decapitations as well as the horrific body spasms & continued attempts at life it under goes before all functions cease. Gears of War is perhaps the single most violent shooter out there keeping the Epic traditions alive from back in it's Unreal Tournament days when Quake 3 Arena was its biggest competition for the market on shooting. The brutality & violence is probably what makes Gears more gritty & graphic to players besides its cover based shooting mechanics & shotty battles. The ability to execute your opponents was reserved for Mortal Kombat & its fighting knock offs, but now has become excepted & even over looked by parents who let young kids play the game... perhaps they shouldn't if they actually knew how visceral this game actually is? I don't know, but discretion is advised in playing this game & also in researching any of the grim topics we have discussed here!
    how the hell do you know all this :L

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears of Wario

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    My thoughts exactly..
    Quote Originally Posted by PreludeToHatred View Post
    Your date and post count are going to be reset if you're not careful, better back up your data.

GT - Gears of Wario

I'm gonna hammer you and then I'm gonna burst...GIGGITY ;-)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Default Knowledge is Power

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkNeSs View Post
    Well, simply enough to say their is no knowledge that is not power. & in the imformation age we live in, such horrors are just a google click away. I am a pretty well informed & learned individual. While typing & spelling isn't my strongest suit, I know how to find information thanks to a father who always said to "Look it up!" When I had questions & he wanted me to remember the answer. Life has its own lessons & so does war & death when you survive them, so take heart in knowing my information may not be dead on precise as to Epic's intent with Gears of War executions, but I know my real life knowledge isn't flawed & my eyes have seen a lot that cannot be unseen & my ears cannot unhear what has been heard. Seek out information & knowledge of this sort at your own discretion & depression. The information of death is not for the faint of heart, weak of stomach, or easily impressionable. Without say much more about my own life that is all I will leave you with on the topic.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iXi Drag0n iXi

Quote Originally Posted by KILL3R II UK View Post
    None of the executions use ammo.
    (Y)
    (X)-----(B)
    (A)
    "I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself."
    -Diamondback
    "A kill is a kill no matter how you slice it, even if you slice it with a chainsaw." - JoeGraf.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iFirework PSN ID: iFirework Wii Code: 0967 5188 4066 7957

To the big post..

It's all common sense really, if you were to be inflicted anywhere of which would reduce respiratory functions you're immediate reaction is to sit up right to straighten an airway to get air easier... there's alot more science etc behind it.
    |Gears 1 1250/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750|Gears 3 1715/2000 |
    | Gears 2 | \\☆// | Gears 3 | \\☆// | \\☆// | \\☆// |
    |Playing Since | November 7, 2006 |

Do you know how difficult it is to decapitate someone with a blade that short? If it was longer, then yes, but I doubt the bayonet is longer than the width of a locust's neck.
    "All I gave was everything and yet you ask me for more.
    Fought your fight, bought your lie and in return I lost my life. What purpose does this serve?
    The cowards preach from pedestals with words of courage and resolve, what they meant was "F*ck 'em all!" 'cause freedom isn't free!
    They send our daughters and our sons to deserts under burning suns, sacrificial slaughtering to fill the pockets of the weak" - Rise against

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by iFirework View Post
    To the big post..

It's all common sense really, if you were to be inflicted anywhere of which would reduce respiratory functions you're immediate reaction is to sit up right to straighten an airway to get air easier... there's alot more science etc behind it.
    Hmmm, yeah it is big isn't it? Requires some reading which SEEMS like you didn't do, because if you had of read the Big Post you woulda' read the science I mentioned about that fact you simplified so elegantly for us. Plus you adding their is a lot of science behind it is also what I said while arming my readers with the artillery to fact check my claims of knowledge. Difference is, I went into some details about the actual science involved, told people to google search if they had serious interest in discovering the methods of executions, death, & such beyond just pasting a link here which isn't a great idea.

So I do apologize if I bored you with my Big Post... but this is a forum for discussions right? We type to discuss? I am just following procedures in which we can have a discussion beyond a few sentences that really sums up half of the execution this topic is about. But thank you for the honorable mentions. Kudos to you & cheers to the motherland of the English language, you do her proud!

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunz 03 View Post

After reading that.....I am satisfied with the retro execution 110% now. I will never look at it the same after reading that. The topic should be retired and put to rest.

Well spoken.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Redeemer

The only execution that will never be outmatched was the Beta Arm Rip.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shuma Gorath

@ Trashball Cole I agree 100 percent. It seems we will never know why Epic removed it. I hope they bring it back in an update or something.