Thread: Project Piracy

Red face Project Piracy

The group:

Serenity. Not sure what to do with it since i'm the only one in it, but projects/news will be posted on it's website.

What i'm looking for(At The Moment):

- Character/Map/Prop Modeler

- If you're good with anything else, message me.

How to contact:

Skype - Sly.Cooper450

Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skoomax

Email - Atrix1234@live.se

About the game

I haven't worked much on it, besides all the ideas/story so i don't have much to show you except for the map that i've drawn. But here's a little something about the game:

- Set in 1600/1700s (Pirates)

- Open-World Multiplayer

- 12 Game Modes

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

And what do you do? Note that 'ideas' or 'project management' is not a valid answer
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Skoomax View Post
    About the game

I haven't worked much on it, besides all the ideas/story so i don't have much to show you except for the map that i've drawn. But here's a little something about the game:

- Set in 1600/1700s (Pirates)

- Open-World Multiplayer

- 12 Game Modes
    That doesn't sound overly ambitious at all for a single person team.

I'm good at drawing stick figures, do you want my help?

Skaarj

This sounds promising! Where can I pre-order?

And what do you do? Note that 'ideas' or 'project management' is not a valid answer
    Right now i'm just working on the soundtracks and making sure everything goes right, kinda want to take care of things 1 by 1 just so that we don't mess it up.

That doesn't sound overly ambitious at all for a single person team.

I'm good at drawing stick figures, do you want my help?
    Yeah, thanks.

Iron Guard

Instead of risking further ridicule and trolling I'd suggest you go here: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-in-this-forum , read it through and revamp your original post.
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by noyobean View Post
    This sounds promising! Where can I pre-order?
    Yeah where can we do that? LMAO.
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
    Portfolio: http://www.alhasanstudio.com/

Projects: Medieval Zombie Demo - zBioBlow - 2013: Infected Wars

UDK Version: Feb-2013
    Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad Core CPU
    12 GB DDR3 Mushkin PC3-12800 998959 (6 x 2048MB) 6-9-7-24 1.65V Blackline
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 - Driver Version: 296.10

Have you finished all the concept art? Got all the characters and everything worked out? Storyboards?

Just wondering.

Have you finished all the concept art? Got all the characters and everything worked out? Storyboards?

Just wondering.
    Nope, not yet.

What do you need the modeller for than, if you haven't gotten the concept phase finished yet?

Again, not trolling, just curious.

So that i do not have to look for a modeller, in case if i'll finish it

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ironbelly is correct. If you want people to help you with your project, you have to give them incentives and show that you're going to do more than sit around and bark out orders or wait for other people to do the work for you. This forum is for developers and most of us (hopefully) are serious about our work. Good luck to you in your endeavors though

Like i said, i want to take care of things 1 by 1 (Not just me) and i'll see what i can do to help

I guess i could need someone with skills in drawing stick figures, to start with

MSgt. Shooter Person

12 Game modes? What are they? I could only thing of five or so successful game modes off the top of my head. I'm interested to see how 12 game modes would play. Could you walk me through one or two of them?

Add me on Steam/Skype if you would like to know more.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dxcam1

Is this a joke?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just want to give you one piece of advice, Try get some more information up on this thread for example and show people that its worth spending their time on and isn't going to be a failed project, I know there is a few on here that don't go down to well. I'm not saying yours will fail but just try be slightly more persuasive and explain in a little more detail...
    XstreamTech
    Luke Griffiths // XstreamTech Team Lead
    Recruitment Thread open positions available : UDK Recruitment thread
    XstreamTech Website : http://www.xstreamtech.co.uk

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Skoomax View Post
    I guess i could need someone with skills in drawing stick figures, to start with
    No, what you could use is a GDD, a Business Plan, a project management infrastructure in place, a fully fleshed out story, a technical design document. Right now you want to build a car from scratch and take it to the races and you don't even know how to drive. Making games is not like playing games, you don't just pick up the controller and learn as you go along. Do your homework and come back in 6 months to a year and show the community that you have some inkling of an idea of how to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -
    UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: polygonaldecay

Quote Originally Posted by ironbelly View Post
    No, what you could use is a GDD, a Business Plan, a project management infrastructure in place, a fully fleshed out story, a technical design document. Right now you want to build a car from scratch and take it to the races and you don't even know how to drive. Making games is not like playing games, you don't just pick up the controller and learn as you go along. Do your homework and come back in 6 months to a year and show the community that you have some inkling of an idea of how to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
    Two thumbs up for you, sir. Totally agree.

Project Piracy:

- Set in the 1600/1700s

- Open World-Multiplayer (FPS)

- Modes:

Sea Battle:

Sink the enemies boat. Each player can either man a cannon, jump over to the enemy boat.

Treasure Hunt:
    Find the treasure chest and take it to your nearest ship. (It's pretty much the same as Capture The Flag)

Brawl:
    Test your hand to hand fighting skills. Objective is to beat each other up hand to hand in the ring. Or set bets on players.

Free For All:
    Kill Anyone.

Free Roam:

Do whatever you want.

Undead Survival:
    Survive the waves of the undead on the cannibal island. (The Island: Aztec Undead)

- Weapons:
    Muskets, The Blunderbuss, Flintlock Pistol, Cutlass

Throw: Boarding Axe, Dirk, Stinkpots, Hand grenades, Knipple shot.

Map: (This is just something that came up in my mind, so i made it on paper)

Example of how the game would look: (Pictures are from the Battlefield 2 Pirate Mod)

Last edited by Skoomax; 02-18-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Iron Guard

Coming back with borrowed art work and screenshots of other people's mods is nothing close to showing people that you are ready to begin recruiting or that you have any idea of how you are going to realize your vision of making an OceanSIM / FPS / RPG / Open World Multiplayer Extravaganza( with a healthy does of zombie survival thrown in, what just for kicks?). Where's the company website? Where's the full gameplay script? Where's the GDD? Where's any sort of demonstration of your ability(ie: a CV) as a qualified project manager and producer? Where is it that we can find any evidence what so ever that you are not a 12 year old boy in his basement who just finished playing Pirates, Vikings, & Knights II and now has decided he's going to fix all of that games shortcomings(and add zombies) with a fully featured release of his own.

What I'm not saying is to give up your dreams. What I am saying is don't take up valuable real estate on the front page of this forum, pushing actually legitimate projects, run by experienced and qualified people, down onto the 2nd and 3rd pages, until you actually know what it is going to take to make even the simplest most dumbed down version of your grand vision. You need to follow all of the suggestions in this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-in-this-forum and come back here after 6-12 months when you have all of your documentation in order and then you might be ready to start recruiting but even then you still haven't established who you are or that you have the necessary experience to manage a project of this insane complexity. So in light of that, go spend a couple of years on other people's teams, or getting a degree, or putting in the 5000-10,000 hours it takes to master a discipline and then bring up this project again. Until then, good luck and keep your passion burning!
    ~Ryan Wiancko - Producer
    Ironbelly Studios -

Like i just said, the pictures are just an example and the game modes are just a bunch of ideas, right now i just need someone who can draw.
    Last edited by Skoomax; 02-19-2012 at 08:34 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Give up ironbelly, you're just bumping this thread
    UnrealScript tutorial for non-programmers
    Must kill fast and bullets too slow...

The Sacrifice

Argggg! Pirates, very interesting! I always loved pirate games and movies.
    Fortis Rex Rise Of The King, A Medieval Army-Commanding RPG: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...7#post29971877

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LordNelson7 View Post
    Argggg! Pirates, very interesting! I always loved pirate games and movies.
    How about software........../JK/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: houghtob1234

So um... Ironbelly is correct. (I'm trying to follow this advice myself, because people wont take me seriously if I don't).
    I believe that if more people tried Blender in game development, it would also rise rather fast as a competitor to Maya and 3ds Max.