Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm just now getting into Kismet, like just started learning up on it today so no real knowledge base. With that said this UI solution looks bloody awesome. I'm curious to know though would this completely wipe out the need for scaleform? I don't know the limits of either system yet so I'm curious. If this is a simpler route and has equivalent abilities I see no reason to even start reviewing scaleform unless its a necessary evil.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MereMortal View Post
    "For the new Kismet to work, it has to be allowed to do its thing by the gametype. Included in the UnrealScript is a gametype, if you want to use this in your level/game you must set your level/game to use this gametype, or alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype."

Could someone please explain how to "alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype" ?
    Yeah it would be awesome if someone could explain the necessary steps to do that (e.g. which code goes into which file&line...). I would much prefer to use SimpleExtHUD over any other solution but there would have to be a way to make it work in the clean November UDK installation. ^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

Can anybody tell me how I can merge this code with my previously created classes?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I get this error message when I try to build...
    UDK\Development\Src\SimpleExtHUD\Classes\SimpleExt HUDPlayerController.uc(70) : Error, Redefinition of 'event ClientStopCameraAnim' differs from ori
    ginal; different number of parameters
    Any Ideas?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by threearabawys View Post
    I get this error message when I try to build...
    Any Ideas?
    Heh that's the easy part... there is some thread about it as well. You just have to delete that block of code about CameraAnim in the .UC files. However the script is full of references that require UT code! So if you are using your own gametype instead of the old UT code you are going to have a bad time. ^^
    Deleting the 3 .UC files with UT in their name removes most of the errors. However then there is still the cursor file with lots of UT references but if you delete that one as well the HUD works again... obviously without the mouse courser functionality. ;(

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks XilenceX
    But I just ended up going into that file and commenting out the problem line and it worked fine... for now hopefully it'll keep working and I won't need whichever piece of code I disabled lol

Happy New Year.

Fantastic, Thanks!
    Need help? Always look here first
    HTML Code:
    http://www.unrealengine.com/en/udk/documentation/

To get this HUD system working again with NO ERRORS and without deleting any lines that could innevitably cause more issues:
    Delete/Replace or comment out this line, line 70:

Comment out/Delete this:
    reliable client event ClientStopCameraAnim(CameraAnim AnimToStop)

REPLACE WITH THIS:
    reliable client event ClientStopCameraAnim(CameraAnim AnimToStop, optional bool bImmediate)

Then for me to get this to fully work I had to do a full recompile on my scripts using Unreal Frontend.
    Also note that any features that involve the mouse will not work if "Emulate Mobile Features" is turned on above your UDK viewport because the mouse won't work (by this code) in a mobile game.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you onij!

Iron Guard

I use my own framework for these things (menu, hud...) but it is accesible only in codes. I am using it in all my projects but I am planning (and partly developing - I need to finish my primary project now) create new kismet UI framework with things like text boxes, buttons, radio buttons, checkboxes, scenes, cursors, sliders, images, bars, templates, effects and so on (really many things and for skilled people there will be nice interface to make anything what they want because every aspect and value will be accesible inside editor). I am designing it to be absolutly easy so creating things like menu or hud will take only a few minutes. I will make documentation and many video tutorials too. I will give you more info when It will be nearly finished. I want people to say when somebody asks how to make gui that there are three ways: coding(canvas), my framework, scaleform.
    Czech and Slovak UDK site - www.udk-site.net-core.eu
    Space Shock project on STEAM GREENLIGHT

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey I have a question - In the code for RenderObject, there are all the outputs for mouse, such as mouse over, left mouse press etc. Now the textboxes and TextMat both extend from RenderObject, but only TextMat has the mouse outputs... is that a bug, or is there a reason behind that? I want to use text boxes (aligned textbox to be exact) for my menu, but right now it would mean I have to create a invisible texture to detect the mouse input...

Is there a way to fix / (re)enable this for the Render align string / textbox nodes?
    Unreal is to Unity as Google is to Bing

Programming is the art of turning something logically complex into something thats simply logical

How to spawn prefabs using UnrealScript

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for this solution, it's excellent.

I have a problem with keeping text always centered. I want to be able to show different sentences with varying length that are always centered. Is it possible? Whenever I try to achieve this with the "Position" and "Clip Area" settings the results vary with sentences of different length.

thanks dude...nice work..it help for me !

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome but huds wont show in udk game

Hello and thank you for your help. Unfortunately, in UDK Version 07-2013, programming modules "Render HUD", "Number Animate" and "render texture gold Material" does not exist. Do you have any other solution? thank you in advance.

MSgt. Shooter Person

is Mouseover working for someone?

Is ok i got it working
    Last edited by yondaimer1981; 03-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.

The Sacrifice

Cheers for that; spent around an hour trying to get it working.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my Website: http://www.greenfishstudios.wix.com/info

Contact: If you are in need of any help, or if you have any questions about 3d Modelling, or you need information about using the Unreal Engine, then please make sure to contact me at the following address, as i would be happy to help you out!: GreenFishStudios@live.com

Youtube Channel Address: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenFi5hStudios

I will be able to provide you with any support, or queries that you have, so please make sure to contact me, either on the forums via PM, or to my business address, and i will provide you with a reply, within 48 hours!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12