Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Kismet UI solution

Marko Permanto has written a new Kismet Interface system, based on James Tan's original system. This new system allows you to build, control, and animate menus and HUDs through nothing but Kismet!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Unrealscript source: http://www.hourences.com/tutorialima...UD22012012.zip

I've put a tutorial up on my site on how to use it: http://www.hourences.com/tutorials/?page_id=1061
    Tutorials/Textures/Jobs/Kismet Snippets - http://www.Hourences.com
    The Ball - An Action/Puzzle Game http://www.theballthegame.com/

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gaz661

bravo.downloading now.

Iron Guard

Awesome.

Does this work on mobile?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow, UIScene coming back to life in a new kismet body. I didn't try yet and don't know how powerful it is, but even if it's limited and can only be used for prototyping (it doesn't seems to be the case), this is great and should be integrated in next UDK builds.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

when i moved from sept 2010 version of udk to sept 2011 version i lost half my gameplay because i used ui scenes to direct the player to the next objective.now i can put it all back.and it was easy enough to get it to work on my own gametype.

thanks a million.

Prisoner 849

Excellent! If I can place a material, rather than just a texture, in the UI this'll be perfect!

Thanx Marko, James and Hourences!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

MSgt. Shooter Person

I dont wanna say i hate adobe flesh because all those click,click,click,click,click, zillion times to get one start button functional but this your thing will save my hair believe, thanks a lot.

In my case -SimpleExtHUDInfo-, i havent be able to found that in Game Type after:"and now start the editor. It will ask you to recompile the script, to which you answer yes. You are now good to go."
    How i was solve this?
    I was just use Unreal Frontend and -Full Recompile Scripts-, now all is great.
    My version of UDK is 9249.
    Thanx again!
    Last edited by Boshko Savich; 01-30-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: adding some info

God King
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tegleg digital

my goodness!
    this is an amazing idea, havnt tried it yet but it looks like just what almost everyone needs.
    big thanks to everyone involed

edit:
    works ok.

its awesome
    thanks again
    Last edited by tegleg; 02-02-2012 at 03:20 AM.
    Code:
    We.spazmodicaly.simulate.new.sound.with.technical.equipment.that.is.specificaly.manufactured.for.humans.to.communicate.in.outer.space.Tegleg.manipulates.time.and.space.to.create.new.experiences.to.generate.a.hardcore.database.generation.
    LOOK>> Please ask questions in the forum, NOT a private message <<LOOK
    tegleg.co.uk
    My Tutorials n Stuff
    Games: NEW! Tegs Playground Multiplayer Edition
    Unwheel2 - VCTF Game - Sponic Mesh 3D
    Shh.. dont tell anyone about my android apps.
    will code for money

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by Hourences View Post
    Marko Permanto has written a new Kismet Interface system, based on James Tan's original system. This new system allows you to build, control, and animate menus and HUDs through nothing but Kismet!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Unrealscript source: http://www.hourences.com/tutorialima...UD22012012.zip

I've put a tutorial up on my site on how to use it: http://www.hourences.com/tutorials/?page_id=1061
    You're the man Sjoerd

MSgt. Shooter Person

great work

MSgt. Shooter Person

YES!!!!!!!!
    Game Design Student - Full Sail University

Iron Guard

Have a question:

I'm trying to display lines of text that are centered and span the width of the screen. I've found if I use "Render Text Box", I can get it spanning the width of the screen (and wrapping) correctly, but it's aligned left and not centered. If I use "Render Aligned String", I can get the text centered but then it doesn't clip/wrap.

Any way around that?

MSgt. Shooter Person

yep this kismet ui should be built on and implemented proper by UDk . more kismet features the better i say.

thanks for spending the time making it for everyone.:}

Iron Guard

Also it'd be great if you could expose the texture coordinates (U, V, UL, VL - the default epic Draw Image event lets you expose these)

Since this is a Kismet solution, does that mean you need to "implement" it in every single map you create to support the ingame hud and escape menus? Seems like that might be a little painful...

Iron Guard

Since this is a Kismet solution, does that mean you need to "implement" it in every single map you create to support the ingame hud and escape menus? Seems like that might be a little painful...
    You only need to create the kismet in one level and import the level into any map that needs the HUD.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Will this work for iOS and old builds of UDK? I'm stuck with the Feb 2011 build of UDK, and have no plans on updating.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marscaleb PSN ID: Marscaleb

Why is this not in the UDK Gems?
    This is brilliant!

It's not quite an end-all to every HUD need, but dang if this doesn't make simple effects feasible.
    Thank you Hourences for this wonderful tool!
    Follow my progress at:
    http://marscaleb.com/
    Read my new webcomic: Mischief in Maytia
    http://maytiacomic.com/

Palace Guard

I built the base for this project, which is available on the UDK Gems.

all hail Hourences! this helped me a lot. I had trouble playing around with scale form and setting scores. so for right now this is the easy way to go until i get a better understanding with scaleform ui. cheers!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarious837 View Post
    all hail Hourences! this helped me a lot. I had trouble playing around with scale form and setting scores. so for right now this is the easy way to go until i get a better understanding with scaleform ui. cheers!
    yeh certainly! Even though it was his friend who made it not him. xD Anyway this kismet solution helped me A LOT to get my dialogue prototype done for University. ^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

I got it working on the February 2011 build for mobile! I made a really nice Weapon select menu, I'm almost done! I'll post more in a day or so.

But, big thanks to Sjoerd and Solid Snake for this one!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Big thanks for this!! Nice work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here is a simple drop down menu I made with this. 100% kismet

http://youtu.be/M31hZjiHJK0

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by Kuda View Post
    Here is a simple drop down menu I made with this. 100% kismet

http://youtu.be/M31hZjiHJK0
    That looks great
    Just out of curiosity, are you using a particle effect for the cartridge spitting or is it part of the weapon animations ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's a partical system via kismet, so the shells can hit the floor and bounce a little bit.

I've noticed the cursor does not parent to the mouse, and it needs to over the button to fire off a mouse press. Does anyone use the cursor functionality or do you use input zones to detect button presses?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I am trying to make a speed counter using this UI, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've got a get velocity linking to a float variable which goes to the animate number out float.

Any ideas?

Never mind, I had mobile emulation enabled so cursor was acting weird. Would be cool to see a more mobile focused version of this already fantastic kismet ui solution.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The tutorial states that it is possible to animate materials using a standard MaterialInstance + matinee combination. However either this does not work or I'm doing something wrong.

My current setup is this:
    - MaterialInstance with parameter named Opacity.
    - Matinee sequence that animates this Opacity value
    - "Render texture or material" node with this MaterialInstance as its material
    - For testing purposes I also have a static mesh in the level with the same MaterialInstance applied

The test object properly animates, while my Hud element does not. Anyone managed to get this to work?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very interesting. Concerning using with mobile. Opening the testhud map, setting the Default Game Type to UTGameExtHUDInfo and running the game in mobile preview has the Kismet UI and Deathmatch HUD showing. What changes if possible are needed to only show the Kismet UI ?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey I need some help. I have a counter Int that counts as a total score. Using your scripted feature, I want to make the score visible on the player's screen, but I have a problem. Someone told me that I need to convert an Int into a String, but how am I supposed to do that?
    Consider yourself as a problem in the world...

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Anhrak,i have answered your question here.http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30436511
    Last edited by gaz661; 05-24-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Hi guys, I'm trying to do simple menu:

Start
    Options
    Exit

But i don't really know how to stop the camera movement, while menu is active, and how to connect buttons to some actions.
    Tutorial is great, but for more advanced users, not nooby like me.
    Can anybody please share some basic kismet sequence of that menu? Or were i can find some documentation?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hoping someone can help with a problem i have.

I have this all working fine in the May 2012, just updated to July and i get this when recompiling

[0006.73] Log: D:\UDK\UDK-2012-07\Development\Src\SimpleExtHUD\Classes\SimpleExtH UDPlayerController.uc(70) : Error, Redefinition of 'event ClientStopCameraAnim' differs from original; different number of parameters

Any ideas what's going on?

EDIT

Well, i chopped out the section about the stop camera and it seems to have compiled at least.
    Last edited by Monkey-666; 07-28-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Redeemer

It's an upgrade which means parameters might have been changed, as you can see here, ClientStopCameraAnim differs from original different number of parameters, it means either the super function has more parameters or less than yours

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-666 View Post
    EDIT

Well, i chopped out the section about the stop camera and it seems to have compiled at least.
    He He I see you had the exact same idea. If something doesn't work just break it some more so it works again. ^^ Not sure what that camera section is even used for... at least it seems my mobile HUD doesn't use it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry, I guess this isn't the best place to be asking help. Will make a new thread.
    Last edited by Monkey-666; 07-29-2012 at 12:49 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I've been having trouble getting this to work with my custom game type. As I understand it, I'm supposed to put this code into my player controller and player input classes so that I can use the kismet HUD, but every time I try to put it with any other code the mouse cursor won't render anymore. The rest of the text/materials show up fine, it's just the cursor that won't work.

Anyone know how to fix this?

MSgt. Shooter Person

"For the new Kismet to work, it has to be allowed to do its thing by the gametype. Included in the UnrealScript is a gametype, if you want to use this in your level/game you must set your level/game to use this gametype, or alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype."

Could someone please explain how to "alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype" ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast