Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    C.Carmine also carries a Lancer if he drops the Boomshield. Prescott has HoD and I think HB on indoor maps. I have never seen Cole use frags, only Boomshot.

Silverbacks first appear at wave 5, and Dizzy is the only hero for wave 2, while wave 3 has Dizzy and Jace. Wave 12 has all the top fortifications and 2 Silverbacks.

I'll take some notes when I play later. Besides Wz/Ex, Beast is probably the most underrated mode in Gears. So much fun.

You should list each beast's abilities too. S. Corpser has armor in the front and can heal itself when buried. IMO it's the best since it can both kill and destroy very fast.
    Thanks for the info and yes I'm working a section now all about the creatures in beast and I'll be saying what there best for, their abilities, their attacks, and a few more things.

MSgt. Shooter Person

RAAM and Skorge should definately be included in Beast Mode, RAAM could use his Kryll shield and have his sword and Skorge can use his double chainsaw weapon thingy he used in Gears of War 2 and have ink grenades and be able to jump over laser grids with no problem.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gearsman75 View Post
    RAAM and Skorge should definately be included in Beast Mode, RAAM could use his Kryll shield and have his sword and Skorge can use his double chainsaw weapon thingy he used in Gears of War 2 and have ink grenades and be able to jump over laser grids with no problem.
    I agree, it would be a lot of fun playing as them and I hope they add the Theron Guard, and armored Ticker, and some others.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by xKiLL ZoNEx View Post
    I agree, it would be a lot of fun playing as them and I hope they add the Theron Guard, and armored Ticker, and some others.
    I thought I read one of the devs quoted as saying they didn't include the Theron or Sniper because they wanted the mode to be more up close rather than people hanging back shooting from a distance. Though the Boomer kinda throws a monkey wrench into that explanation.

I wouldn't mind seeing Skorge just having a Gorgon and Inks, with the ability to call in a swarm of Tickers that can be directed with spotting.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy View Post
    I thought I read one of the devs quoted as saying they didn't include the Theron or Sniper because they wanted the mode to be more up close rather than people hanging back shooting from a distance. Though the Boomer kinda throws a monkey wrench into that explanation.

I wouldn't mind seeing Skorge just having a Gorgon and Inks, with the ability to call in a swarm of Tickers that can be directed with spotting.
    Ya, I seen that as well, but it doesn't hurt to wish.
    The ability to call forth tickers as Skorge would be awesome.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CYBERHATER

Quote Originally Posted by ObservationSlave View Post
    During the GCON event, I asked the developer I was with if they were going to add more characters to beast, and he said they are not. He said the next DLC is going to include more maps, but he cannot reveal more information than that.
    Epic I hope this is not true. Y'all are sleeping on Beast Mode! Add some characters, a versus mode, and make it longer and you have got one #$%^ of an upgrade on your hands.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

Quote Originally Posted by ObservationSlave View Post
    During the GCON event, I asked the developer I was with if they were going to add more characters to beast, and he said they are not. He said the next DLC is going to include more maps, but he cannot reveal more information than that.
    what?! Beast Mode misses out on a lot of potential without more characters. I have every Beast Onyx medal and I honestly will never play it again unless there is some sort of DLC expansion...

I was trying to find out what cash amount each tier unlocks at last night. From what I can tell Second Row (tier two) Unlocks once you have $5000. Once you unlock a tier it does not "relock" if you cash falls below that amount. (If you acquire $5000, choose a Kantus and get one-shotted, you cash could be below $5000 but you still have tier 2 unlocked). Also, I have run into people who will not buy in during the last few kills of a round because they do not want to "waste" the money. From what I can tell, any buy in for a beast that is made before the end of a round that does not "die" during that round is returned to you cash pool at the beginning of the next wave. It also seems that if you unlock the final tier but do NOT purchase one of the final tier Beasts, you do NOT get the ribbon for "Ready on the Heavies." Finally, you can mark COG just like you mark Locust in Horde and earn cash that way, having a enemy marked that is killed by a teammate will earn you $10.
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 01-30-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Additons

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

-Updated the thread

If there are any other areas in beast that you all would like to see info for then feel free to tell.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    I was trying to find out what cash amount each tier unlocks at last night. From what I can tell Second Row (tier two) Unlocks once you have $5000. Once you unlock a tier it does not "relock" if you cash falls below that amount. (If you acquire $5000, choose a Kantus and get one-shotted, you cash could be below $5000 but you still have tier 2 unlocked). Also, I have run into people who will not buy in during the last few kills of a round because they do not want to "waste" the money. From what I can tell, any buy in for a beast that is made before the end of a round that does not "die" during that round is returned to you cash pool at the beginning of the next wave. It also seems that if you unlock the final tier but do NOT purchase one of the final tier Beasts, you do NOT get the ribbon for "Ready on the Heavies." Finally, you can mark COG just like you mark Locust in Horde and earn cash that way, having a enemy marked that is killed by a teammate will earn you $10.
    Okay thanks for the info, I'll have to add some of it to the thread soon. I'll look into that tier unlock area and see what I can find as well.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lt Warshark

Thanks for the info, Truly is helpful. It sucks that they won't be making any additions to beast mode. I find it very fun, wish they would make at least one dlc to upgrade it some.

Also wanted to note that all of the kill streak ribbons (Killing Spree, Rampage, Unstoppable, Invincible, Godlike) are earnable via Beast, along with the double, triple, quad and quin ribbons. You can also get the Hail Mary ribbon and Boombardier, Charge!, and Military Intelligence. Prolly a few more I am missing.
    Xbox GT = RapierDwit69
    Horde 1-50 = Need Jacinto

There must be something more to Unlocking tiers than Just cash. I unlocked at 3k, 6k and 10k (2,3,4) on Normal. However, the next match I had well over 10k and never unlocked tier 4.

Edit- I think it has to do with total kills. The 10k match I mentioned I was primarily playing as a Kantus to get the healing/revive ribbon/Medals. I notice I do not unlock the final tier of I am playing as a healer or as a Boomer (Where I get tons of Downs but not alot of kills due to later levels having so many Heroes.)
    Last edited by rapierdwit; 02-02-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Xbox GT = RapierDwit69
    Horde 1-50 = Need Jacinto

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also wanted to note that all of the kill streak ribbons (Killing Spree, Rampage, Unstoppable, Invincible, Godlike) are earnable via Beast, along with the double, triple, quad and quin ribbons. You can also get the Hail Mary ribbon and Boombardier, Charge!, and Military Intelligence. Prolly a few more I am missing.
    Ones I've gotten - First Blood / F.I.F.O. (at the beginning of a match and after a host migration), Clusterluck, Personal Assistant, Stop Thief!, Denied!, Sapper Star, Death from Beyond, Death From Below, No, Wait!, Not so Fast.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

There must be something more to Unlocking tiers than Just cash. I unlocked at 3k, 6k and 10k (2,3,4) on Normal. However, the next match I had well over 10k and never unlocked tier 4.

Edit- I think it has to do with total kills. The 10k match I mentioned I was primarily playing as a Kantus to get the healing/revive ribbon/Medals. I notice I do not unlock the final tier of I am playing as a healer or as a Boomer (Where I get tons of Downs but not alot of kills due to later levels having so many Heroes.)
    Today I was a wild ticker and had 99% done of tier 2 and I died without getting a kill or any points earned. Then I come back to the creature selection menu with tier 2 unlocked. So I think buying creatures help unlock the tiers as well.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

-Updated a bit

I realized that the amount of Stranded and COG Gear in some waves are randomized so I decided to change and add a subtopic on the appearance of enemies.

Under amount of enemies I combined Stranded and COG Gear since the amount of these enemies are random each wave.

Also added and finished "Other Achievements Earnable Through Beast Mode:"

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darkened Myst

I'd love to see on the final tier the maulers with the reflective shields from the DLC

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

-Updated and worked on "Type of Fortifications to Expect in Waves"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ovla

Wow!
    I think its great that you took the time to make a list like this.
    Thanks, its really helpfull.

Keep it up

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ovla View Post
    Wow!
    I think its great that you took the time to make a list like this.
    Thanks, its really helpfull.

Keep it up
    No problem. I'll be adding info to this thread from time to time.

Check this thread out as well if you want to. All About HORDE 2.0 <- It was made by me as well, lol.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but I was playing some casual Beast the other day and noticed the stranded were sticking around until about wave 8 or 9. There would be fewer and fewer over the waves, but I was killing them later into the game.
    -thesuicidefox-

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Dunno if this has been posted yet, but I was playing some casual Beast the other day and noticed the stranded were sticking around until about wave 8 or 9. There would be fewer and fewer over the waves, but I was killing them later into the game.
    Alright thanks for the info. I'll have to check up on that. I think stranded usually last till the 6 or 7 wave from what I've seen, but enemies such as cog and stranded are randomly assigned to waves.

Skaarj

I think epic should add more waves to beast mode

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xIZZYx View Post
    I think epic should add more waves to beast mode
    Well it was made to be short, but I wouldn't mind having at least 20 waves of Beast mode.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: THS iMantiiz

Nice post bro!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Roguespirit94

Changes I would like to see in beast mode are.......
    1. More ranged weapons (I.E: Therons with Lancers)
    2. A little more time to start with (cuz you are usually down to 30 seconds by the time you reach a base.)
    3. And more engaging AI (I have trouble when a COG decides to run and hide.)

I would also be amused to see Flame Grenadiers in beast mode. The lack of range would make him hard to play, yet add some ranged weapons to the game. And if possible, when you get hit in the tank, you only have a few seconds to charge some poor dude and blow up on him. That would be awesome.
    Last edited by Kantus_Prime; 03-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    COG: Onyx Guard Locust: Theron Elite
    Lancer: Team Insignia Retro Lancer: Crimson Omen Hammerburst: Infected Omen
    Gnasher Shotgun: Infected Omen Sawed-Off Shotgun: Infected Omen
    Upcoming GOW Purchases: Forces of Nature, Blood WS, Rainbow WS, NECA GOW3 Series 3 Savage Theron Version 1

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXxNachoZxXx

This is very helpful.
    Bernie Mataki\\80//General RAAM
    Loadout:Urban Digital Lancer/Urban Digital Gnasher

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Idelta baiirdz View Post
    Nice post bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by HighMushroom View Post
    This is very helpful.
    Thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tha grumbie

The wretch also has its stun scream. Very useful if you can get 3 or 4 in range. They're easy pickings for your team (and one for you if it's a stranded, you can down them before the stun wears off usually).

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tha grumbie View Post
    The wretch also has its stun scream. Very useful if you can get 3 or 4 in range. They're easy pickings for your team (and one for you if it's a stranded, you can down them before the stun wears off usually).
    Thanks for letting me know. I forgot about that ability the wretch has.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TragicFigure7

I really enjoyed the custom beast mode for this weekend. Just wish people would actually stay in the game.
    Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
    Born 2 Saw
    GT: TragicFigure7

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lucky Knife

Anya and Sam use the silverback alot and Dizzy usually has some sort of grenade tagged.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shockwave IIC

Don't forget the New DLC achievement related to Beast.
    Yeah. Right. When was the last time the wind said "hostiles" to you?
    Gamer Tag - Shockwave IIC
    Yes, as a Casual player I like a challenge, doesn't mean I want to feel redundant.
    STOP! Take a breath, and realise you are not the L33T player you think you are.
    Thank you TiK for the Mech Baird, even though you won it and needed it yourself.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great thread mate thanks for the info helped alot!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parti Boi360

Dang it's been a while since I played beast on insane

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave IIC View Post
    Don't forget the New DLC achievement related to Beast.
    Ok I just added the new map pack beast mode related achievements up there.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyUseMeBoat View Post
    Great thread mate thanks for the info helped alot!
    Your welcome.

looking for 2 more player for doing beast insane right now.

Thanks!

duplicated, sry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast