View Poll Results: Would you like the 'We're All Stranded Now' playlist to be permanent?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

235 79.66%
  • No.

60 20.34%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Just going to bump and add another vote for this. Sometimes I like to roll alone and I hate running up against a stacked team with only a few randoms.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I thought people would use their mics more with this playlist but that didn't happen....Nothing but silence in almost every match.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: girl poison

I'd like to see this and Brothers to the End as permanent playlists. Someone on Twitter said they can't have more than 8 lists at a time, is that true?
    Decay Nation
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    LINKS: GIRLPOISON.COM × TWITCH.TV/GIRLPOISON × TWITTER × FACEBOOK × YOUTUBE

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: notblazin

I wouldn't mind a "Players Choice Stranded" playlist

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RoboTai

Quote Originally Posted by girl poison View Post
    I'd like to see this and Brothers to the End as permanent playlists. Someone on Twitter said they can't have more than 8 lists at a time, is that true?
    I'm not sure, but I've heard it said a couple of times. If that's the case I'd like to see Epic prioritise this over anything else based purely on it being more useful to the community as a whole.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

Definitely. I came on here a week or so before the game came out and asked if theyre would be any kind of FFA. Not only did ppl say no but they said i was incredibly foolish for even inquiring or desiring such a thing. I didnt understand all of that and i still dont but the "stranded" playlist pretty much does the same thing. I told them i was new to the game online (my internet isnt good enough for GOW1 or 2 MP and i cannot upgrade where i live) and all my friends played COD and i would need time to get decent and even then my stats might forever be poor due to bullet registration etc. so if there was a FFA i could practice without dragging down my team etc. If there will never be a FFA in GOW3 (and it doesnt look like it) this is the either the next best thing OR something better. I play KOTH with a little TDM and my KD is around .5. Im not sure about "stranded" KOTH but in "stranded" TDM my KD was usually betwen 1.5 and 2. I dont really pay attention to winning or losing either but i was probably winning 50% of my KOTH matches instead of around 30%. In all honesty stats dont concern me but it is DEFINITELY more fun when the game is close instead of completley lopsided. Ive played games before where there number 5 player has more kills than our whole team, or their number 5 guy has 3 times more points than out number 1 guy. They are more skilled as individuals, they are all using mics working as a team, and they have better connections. My mic broke after my brother sold his xbox so i just dont have one. Bottom line is this...I COMPLETELY support a permanent "stranded" splaylist and as long as it has more players in it than CTL or wingman or whatever playlist is the lowest, i dont see why this thing shouldnt be there. Im thinking i would probably cut way back on horde, achievements etc. and probably play 3-4 times more MM if this thing really happens. I personally would like about half KOTH and half TDM but i know others would want to go much heavier on the TDM. I really hope this becomes a reality. GOW3 is the only game i play online and i would love it.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FiveGuysOneTuba

Although I think BTTE is totally valid to be made permanent, I think a permanent version of Stranded KOTH and Stranded TDM should come first.
    Playing Solo: Mostly getting trampled by stacked teams
    Playing Stacked: Mostly steamrolling randoms all too easily
    Playing Stranded: Priceless
    KOTH Artisan

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

Very much yes.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JATT View Post
    Although I think BTTE is totally valid to be made permanent, I think a permanent version of Stranded KOTH and Stranded TDM should come first.
    I enjoyed it, but like you said Stranded should come first. BttE offers a variation on another game type, WAS offers new players and lone players the chance to actually enjoy playing online.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Crawford View Post
    I enjoyed it, but like you said Stranded should come first. BttE offers a variation on another game type, WAS offers new players and lone players the chance to actually enjoy playing online.
    Agree with this. Stranded needs to make a comeback. Running in to full teams in quick matches can be a very disheartening experience when you have no friends online to party up with.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Ground View Post
    Agree with this. Stranded needs to make a comeback. Running in to full teams in quick matches can be a very disheartening experience when you have no friends online to party up with.
    Well I plan to keep bumping this so everyone gets a chance to vote. Hopefully Epic can see this is something they've done that we've wanted for a long time and maybe there's some way they can make it permanent.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Just a quick bump.

Banned

I love the playlist personally, but from a numbers perspective not too many people played it, which is really surprising to me seeing as everyone plays TDM by themselves.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MonkeyHandsLuke

I cant vote, I don't even know what/when the event was? I must of missed it due to internet being down for couple weeks

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mental Reap3r

Replace Stay Frosty with it
    COG: Samantha Byrne
    Locust: Savage Marauder

MSgt. Shooter Person

This would be a great idea since I usually play TDM alone and I don't like getting destroyed by clans.
    Thanks to Mechanic Baird I now have the Liquid Green Skin code. Thanks man!!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

I think We're All Stranded Now should be the default extra playlist, only replaced when a special event playlist comes along to bump it out for a week or so.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyHands View Post
    I cant vote, I don't even know what/when the event was? I must of missed it due to internet being down for couple weeks
    It was a playlist that started as TDM and was switched to KotH for a while. You had to search on your own meaning there was zero chance of you ever being matched against a stacked team. It was essentially a Lone Wolf playlist.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Bumpity bump. Vote please. Post why you want/don't want this.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kifferz

It should return, we're all stranded was not originally event, it never made the event board, and was not announced any more then via twitter.

It's by far more popular then "stay frosty" and could be easily added to a section after you select a game type.

I've said it before that this game mode should be within this game, it's clear we've been heard but now it's just a tease that will come back when epic wants to return the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Cool playlist but keeping warzone/execution seperate is more important

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kifferz View Post
    It should return, we're all stranded was not originally event, it never made the event board, and was not announced any more then via twitter.

It's by far more popular then "stay frosty" and could be easily added to a section after you select a game type.

I've said it before that this game mode should be within this game, it's clear we've been heard but now it's just a tease that will come back when epic wants to return the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not only is it more popular than Stay Frosty, it's essential. Stay Frosty is cool for trying out something new (though I know many would argue it goes against everything Gears is supposed to be).

Quote Originally Posted by I MANTLE View Post
    Cool playlist but keeping warzone/execution seperate is more important
    I disagree.

A huge portion of Gears of War's population is made up of people who play alone. I guarantee if there was always an option for lone players to play against other lone players more people would continue to play this game on a regular basis, instead of getting stomped by stacked teams and moving on to another game. I remember reading a stat from Epic about people playing once and never coming back. A Lone Wolf style playlist like WAS would keep more of those players coming back much more effectively than easier to use weapons/game mechanics.

I understand the frustrations of some people with regards to the Warzone/Execution playlist, but there are options. Playing with friends and voting together in Ranked is a good way of getting the game type you want. Joining and leaving QM until you get your desired game type is also an option. If your (not you specifically) sole complaint is that it makes boosting more difficult/harder then you deserve no sympathy in my opinion.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FiveGuysOneTuba

Stranded was the best experience Ive ever had with gears, it was sooo much better than the normal game it's hard to enjoy the game knowing it could be so much better. I'm sticking to BF3 til stranded comes back.
    Playing Solo: Mostly getting trampled by stacked teams
    Playing Stacked: Mostly steamrolling randoms all too easily
    Playing Stranded: Priceless
    KOTH Artisan

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JATT View Post
    Stranded was the best experience Ive ever had with gears, it was sooo much better than the normal game it's hard to enjoy the game knowing it could be so much better. I'm sticking to BF3 til stranded comes back.
    It's definitely at it's best in WAS if you don't always have a group of friends you can rely on to play with. I work awkward hours meaning I'm quite often online on my own, and I agree that WAS was awesome to jump into and have a good game against fellow Lone Wolves.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Agreed for the sake of people not quitting the game due to stacked teams. If SF stays and this does not then IMO Epic have their priorities completely wrong.
    Epic have been specifically catering Gears towards new players in an effort to get them to stay. WAS is by far the best way of achieving this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Crawford View Post
    Epic have been specifically catering Gears towards new players in an effort to get them to stay. WAS is by far the best way of achieving this.
    Completely agree with this. I played for a long time solo yesterday and ran into stacked party after stacked party. Was really missing the stranded playlist after 10 matches of that nonsense.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: infraXred

this would be good.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel Wind View Post
    Completely agree with this. I played for a long time solo yesterday and ran into stacked party after stacked party. Was really missing the stranded playlist after 10 matches of that nonsense.
    It's so frustrating when you're constantly against teams and it feels like the other guys have no idea what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bonz2k View Post
    this would be good.
    This would be amazing.

Edit: Would appreciate it if some people could keep this bumped while I'm at work.
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 01-22-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Bump before bed.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Bump .

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leisure Muffin

They should just drop wingman, and replace it with BTTE. And drop alpha, to replace it with Stranded TDM. No one plays Wingman, or Alpha anymore, but Stranded was always loaded with people. There are alot of us who have to go in alone all the time. It just makes sense to have one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

there definitely needs to be a ranked and quick match mercenary playlist I play alone 70% of the time and hate playing against parties this would be great but I dont know how they would decide on the gametype I want execution but Im sure others want koth or others.
    GEARHEAD SINCE 06 E-DAY

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Muffin View Post
    They should just drop wingman, and replace it with BTTE. And drop alpha, to replace it with Stranded TDM. No one plays Wingman, or Alpha anymore, but Stranded was always loaded with people. There are alot of us who have to go in alone all the time. It just makes sense to have one.
    I was just playing alone and getting matched up against people playing together. Not only that, but the guys I was matched with were going negative every match. Probably just me, but it seemed like the teams were more balanced playing WAS, and it would mix the teams up pretty well after each match.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dan Ace X

Yes. It's a travesty Stay Frosty is a playlist and not this or a DLC playlist.
    Gears 2: 1750/1750 - Veteran Gear 5/16/10
    Gears 3: 2000/2000 - Seriously 3.0 7/25/12
    Horde 2.0: 12,493 waves won - 85,405 kills

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Commander Noddy

This should be a playlist for sure.
    My GT is Commander Noddy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheC73M Krauser

I sometimes like to go in alone to play which is what I do whenever an event comes up because none of my friends are on to play with me in the event. I really wish this would be a permanent play list and the gametype would rotate each week. If this does become a permanent play list, it needs to lower the chances of getting the stock maps and heavily favor the dlc maps. I'm sure people want to play the additional maps and not just the stock maps. Also it should require Fenix Rising, and the booster pack to play.
    Currently on the hunt for a Savage Kantus.
    Preferred COG/Locust: Bernie/Kantus (Savage Kantus if I had him)

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

I keep saying it and I'll keep saying it:

Epic wants new players to stick around for more than just one match and there is no better way to achieve that than with the We're All Stranded Now playlist.

The playlist was brilliant. I could jump on first thing in the morning and enjoy a couple of games before work, comfortable in the knowledge that I wasn't going to have to struggle against a group of friends.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ace X View Post
    Yes. It's a travesty Stay Frosty is a playlist and not this or a DLC playlist.
    It's a nice attempt at something different - not something I managed to enjoy - but this is something that would benefit so many people if it was made permanent.

I completely agree. There are other solutions as well such as making quick match no parties allowed of creating a no partied FFA (it doesnt seem like people like the idea of a FFA but if it got support it would work).

Bottom line is I would like to see Epic back off of the big hype of character/weapon skins and make the game more enjoyable to play, not just to look at. To me this is the only change that this game needs but it needs it like a car that only needs a new fuel pump. The other 99.5% of the car is in perfect working condition but its almost completley worthless without that fuel pump.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PeS GameFreak

I voted no, want to know why? I love the Boltok, and I'd rather see someone use the Gorgon instead of a Retro and Sawed Off.
    [B]
    Classic Marcus & Kantus. XBOX Retro Lancer & Gnasher
    Level 100 Re-Upped 2/3 Times. Onyx Gnasher. Gnasher Master.
    Completed the Gears 3 Campaigns (Arcade), Horde 2.0 (Mutators) and Beast on Insane
    GamerTag: PeS GameFreak. Thanks to Gears Pro FallOutt for giving me a shout-out!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast