Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 161 to 195 of 195
  1. #161
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jacinto
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chieffie View Post
    That's right, when the real arguments run out, start with the insults That's what kiddies do, so I knew it was coming.

    There is NO arguing against my points. I am right, no matter WHAT you want to throw against it. Re-read my post, and tell me WHY I am wrong, don't just insult me but EXPLAIN to me what factual errors I have made, or how my reasoning is faulty. That's right: You can't. Why? Because I am right.
    Wow lol I don't have to explain anything, you proved my point of you being ignorant. I'm not worried about you calling me a kiddie or anything else you say. It wouldn't matter if I had all the facts in the world on my side, you're the type of person that has something ridiculous to say about any fact or opinion. You can get your kicks elsewhere. There are thousands of ppl in the world like you and they're all the same. Have fun trying to get under my skin, you're going to have to do a lot better than that.

    If epic did fix the problem, then ppl that play to win will get the kills they deserve and win the game. The players taking kills from under our noses saying they play to win (to justify the kills they steal) will find something new to disagree about. If they don't like it then tough s@!&....it's so funny how the ones that advocate keeping it the way it is think the ones complaining aren't trying to win.

    Righteous I understand what you're saying with the k/d w/l thing. Those guys are just picking sentences out of your posts to try and make you look dumb but it continues to make them look ignorant and closed-minded. It's a waste of your time, trust me.

  2. #162
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jacinto
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chieffie View Post
    Plus, people need to get it into their heads that there is no such thing as 'honor' in a videogame. Just because YOU feel about something in a certain way, doesn't mean the other players will feel the same way. And guess what: They payed for the game, just like you, and they can play the way THEY want to play, just like you. There isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Getting 'honor' out of your head will spare you the desillusion. You're not special. Nobody needs to play following YOUR rules. Get over it.
    New kids reading these forums, you don't want to be this guy^^^
    Players are gonna steal kills, it's annoying but until or if it's ever changed we'll just have to deal with it. Not having honor in a game reflects the type of person you are in life. Whether it's video games, sports, or whatever you can still have respect.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    309
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ManRightChea

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chieffie View Post
    Plus, people need to get it into their heads that there is no such thing as 'honor' in a videogame. Just because YOU feel about something in a certain way, doesn't mean the other players will feel the same way. And guess what: They payed for the game, just like you, and they can play the way THEY want to play, just like you. There isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Getting 'honor' out of your head will spare you the desillusion. You're not special. Nobody needs to play following YOUR rules. Get over it.
    Actually, Cmann333 is right. While you can say that there is no such thing as honor in a videogame, doing things such as kill stealing do show what type of character you have as an individual. If you do something that is disrespectful, with full knowledge that what you are doing is upsetting a teammate, then that does make you a trashy person. I am not saying this directly to you Chieffie, I am just illustrating a point. While it may be the player's choice to be disrespectful like this, it is just a representation of the type of person he or she is. Be it selfishness or greed etc, it does make one look trashy as it is a representation of their character.

    Also there are things players can do, they can do what I do, which is refuse to support a teammate that does these things, be it no revives or no flank/rifle support. They can also submit negative feedbacks on your XBL account. When you kill steal, regardless of how YOU feel about it, you are invading another user's personal space, and more than likely having a negative influence on their gaming experience. Nobody has the right to do this.

  4. #164
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    522
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pZ Uncanny Doom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Righteous1 View Post
    Also there are things players can do, they can do what I do, which is refuse to support a teammate that does these things, be it no revives or no flank/rifle support. They can also submit negative feedbacks on your XBL account. When you kill steal, regardless of how YOU feel about it, you are invading another user's personal space, and more than likely having a negative influence on their gaming experience. Nobody has the right to do this.
    See, that's just stupid and goes to the point of players playing for kills over wins. Someone takes your kill, so you dumb down how you play for your team entirely so that they don't do well? It's no better than kill stealing.

    I agree with the first part of what you said but it just seems overly selfish to care enough about who is getting the kills that you would purposely let the teammate die or choose not to do things that would otherwise contribute to your team doing well.

  5. #165
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    1,984
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Scythe NL

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmann333 View Post
    Wow lol I don't have to explain anything, you proved my point of you being ignorant. I'm not worried about you calling me a kiddie or anything else you say. It wouldn't matter if I had all the facts in the world on my side, you're the type of person that has something ridiculous to say about any fact or opinion. You can get your kicks elsewhere. There are thousands of ppl in the world like you and they're all the same. Have fun trying to get under my skin, you're going to have to do a lot better than that.

    If epic did fix the problem, then ppl that play to win will get the kills they deserve and win the game. The players taking kills from under our noses saying they play to win (to justify the kills they steal) will find something new to disagree about. If they don't like it then tough s@!&....it's so funny how the ones that advocate keeping it the way it is think the ones complaining aren't trying to win.

    Righteous I understand what you're saying with the k/d w/l thing. Those guys are just picking sentences out of your posts to try and make you look dumb but it continues to make them look ignorant and closed-minded. It's a waste of your time, trust me.
    'I don't have to explain' and 'I can't explain' are two different things. You were looking for the second one here, not the first.

    My point stands, the suggestion made in this thread can never ever work on this game. Until you prove me wrong, I remain right.

    As to the whole 'yeah, you are scum because you killsteal' retarded assumptions on your behalf: Keep thinking what you like. i know what I do in the game. You don't. If you'd like to see for yourself what kind of a teamplayer I am, my GT is right there under my name.

    Players new to theses forums: You DO want to be like me, trust me. Because who doesn't like to be right
    I am the one in ten, a number on a list,
    I am the one in ten, even though I don't exist.
    Nobody knows me, but I'm always there,
    a statistic, a reminder, of a world that doesn't care...

  6. #166
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    1,984
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Scythe NL

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Righteous1 View Post
    Actually, Cmann333 is right. While you can say that there is no such thing as honor in a videogame, doing things such as kill stealing do show what type of character you have as an individual.
    I never said he was wrong in that regard. I agree. It's the assumption that I also behave in that manner, JUST BECAUSE I REALISE THERE IS NO HONOR IN VIDEOGAMES that I disgree with. People in general are *ssholes. Why you would ever expect them to be different online where they are completely anonymous is beyond me. I merely said you should get that out of your head and spare yourself the desillusion, I never said I behaved like a complete *ss. You can ask anybody that ever played with me, and you will find out I am more of a teamplayer then many people out there. If I was a killstealer my K/D would be over 1.1, wouldn't it?
    I am the one in ten, a number on a list,
    I am the one in ten, even though I don't exist.
    Nobody knows me, but I'm always there,
    a statistic, a reminder, of a world that doesn't care...

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    309
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ManRightChea

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic DOOM View Post
    See, that's just stupid and goes to the point of players playing for kills over wins. Someone takes your kill, so you dumb down how you play for your team entirely so that they don't do well? It's no better than kill stealing.

    I agree with the first part of what you said but it just seems overly selfish to care enough about who is getting the kills that you would purposely let the teammate die or choose not to do things that would otherwise contribute to your team doing well.
    I never said that I would not continue to do all in my power to help the other members of my team, but I would not help that particular individual. He or she may not need revives, and if they are situationally aware then they should not need flank or rifle support. Once someone has proven that they lack respect for their teammates, then what happens to them is irrelevant to me.

    Sadly, if this affects us enough to lead to a loss, it is unfortunate. However, had it not been for their own selfishness and lack of respect, it would not be necessary. Their initial negativity is what has bred more negativity. All the more reason to show respect for your teammates. If the person is the type to not care about stolen downs, then no harm done. If he or she is, then respect them enough as a teammate to honor their wishes. Most kill stealing is blatant and selfish, not out of need. Such people should be punished.

    I know this may come off a being too serious, but I am simply telling you how I feel about the situation.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    If a couldnt care a less player steals my kill i usually leave the game. My K/D is very good and i enjoy the fact that leaving the game ends in more deaths for those selfish idiots. I always message a kill stealer, they have to learn not to do it somehow and its rare they reply as they have been killed a lot for their sins and know what i did. Karma is a *****

  9. #169
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    to be fair, yesterday i started a hammer of dawn strike on a target and stopped it at the last second because i saw my teammate down him easily. I switched to my pistol and was about to shoot but said to myself "naww...it looks like the guy can clean it up okay" ... the guy was right next to me afterall right? well, i look to see if there are any of his teammates near to revive him because for whatever reason my teammate WON'T shoot at the guy he downed. About 4-5 seconds later I realized my teammate is crazy and get ready to finish the kill before he stands up on his own when the teammate next to me gets headshot with a sniper startling me a little. I start firing at the dbno guy but he was already in the "get up" animation at this point.

    Point to the boring story? Sometimes, even in the EASIEST of situations..**** happens. If I was him I'd have taken a huge assist instead of getting headshot and getting no points... but because I was being "nice" I ended up letting someone survive. Mind you, this was with a lead... if my team was losing i say "**** whinners, go winners" and make sure we get the kills as easy as possible. Actively stealing someone's kill is stupid, but if i'm pushing and someone downed a guy RIGHT in front of me i'm in all honesty going to shoot the dbno and keep moving because the last thing i need is for the teammate to get killed or something leading to a -2 point team spread. If they call it i'd probably leave it, but that usually only happens in party chat anyhow.

    also, most people call WAY more things "their kill" then are actually so. If anyone got even 30-40 points worth of the kill then that **** is up for grabs. And remember, unless you suck, it usually all evens out-ish.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    What about the poor fools who message us dudes calling us a kill stealing scrub ? This is what happened ... ime shooting some one and to be really honest playing like Rambo wiping up the enemy, a player on my team realises a fight is going on and comes out of his hiding spot then downs the player with one bullet. I am thinking oh yeah no way dude and finish the enemy off taking the kill . Yes dude just follow me around and try claiming the kill i just worked my butt of getting with your one bullet ! I have been told the kill belongs to the person who downed him in messages. Do i look like i care ?

  11. #171
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    115

    Default

    no, this would ruin players that actually play to win
    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward.

  12. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Maine the place where all our beaches are actually rocks lol
    Posts
    178
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Sir joshd109

    Default

    I agree with the whole bot kill steal thing unless you're all the way across the map bots should not be able to steal kills.

  13. #173
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jacinto
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chieffie View Post
    'I don't have to explain' and 'I can't explain' are two different things. You were looking for the second one here, not the first.

    My point stands, the suggestion made in this thread can never ever work on this game. Until you prove me wrong, I remain right.

    As to the whole 'yeah, you are scum because you killsteal' retarded assumptions on your behalf: Keep thinking what you like. i know what I do in the game. You don't. If you'd like to see for yourself what kind of a teamplayer I am, my GT is right there under my name.

    Players new to theses forums: You DO want to be like me, trust me. Because who doesn't like to be right
    I really don't care man. Keep thinking you're right so you can sleep at night. All you did was prove some of my points again.

  14. #174
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    1,984
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Scythe NL

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmann333 View Post
    I really don't care man. Keep thinking you're right so you can sleep at night. All you did was prove some of my points again.
    And yet, you care enough to keep answering. Too bad you can only insult people in stead of backing up your opinion though.

    You know what, I'll leave it at this with you. You can go ahead and come and have the last word. My treat.
    I am the one in ten, a number on a list,
    I am the one in ten, even though I don't exist.
    Nobody knows me, but I'm always there,
    a statistic, a reminder, of a world that doesn't care...

  15. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    The best solution would just be to give the guy who downed the other guy the credit for the kill and the same amount of points, but give the guy who takes the kill like 100 points or something.

    Why would anyone complain about that? Guy who takes it gets 100 points for finishing a guy that he didn't down, and the guy who would have killed him anyways but got beaten to the punch still gets his kill.
    Wait what??? I think it should be
    I down the guy. you steal the kill. I get the normal amount of points for the down and kill. You get nothing... end of story

  16. #176
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    49
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Rock Strike

    Default

    The kill shouldn't count on your stats if you kill steal (you should get negative points), but more positive point for you in assist. I would like to see that. Player kill steal b/c they want their k/d up. This solution will piss off those punks that kill steal.

  17. #177
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    342
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Chaos Isaac

    Default

    What if you could like, tag a enemy you downed twice (simply clicking L3 twice while aiming at them.) for your character to 'call' the kill, rendering them invincible to your allies fire and execution attempts for about five seconds, giving you the chance to get your execution or kill.

    So, if you want that sweet sawed off neck snap or hilarious longshot katana chop, you can do it.
    Last edited by Chaos Isaac; 02-15-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added a line. ;D
    I honestly preferred Gears 3 before all of the silly updates. Everything was just better for players who didn't whore Multiplayer, and liked that every weapon had it's place. At least in my opinion.

    Appreciation to the Cole Train: Now I have a Commando Dom

  18. #178
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hayward, California
    Posts
    658
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A sad sad panda

    Default

    Kill stealing solution #1,337.

    Spot your target before he goes from DBNO to dead. The "Kill Stealer" in question won't stop, but at least you'll get an extra 30+ exp for the kill.
    GT: A sad sad panda.

    I love music. I play the drums when I am not on XBL. Been playing for close to 3 years. I'm easy going, hit me up any time, any day, and I'll more than likely play GoW with you, if not I'll make it a point to invite you later on when I have time.

  19. #179
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    346
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: UnseenK1773R

    Default

    The only people I know if who care about kill stealing are RANDOMS in public matches. When I play with my mates we could care less and both people shoot until the enemy stops moving. That's it end of story. I wish all these b1tch fest lobbies would disappear. People are like oh I hate this game so much oh let me join the forum and make some negative posts. You all have the option not to play.
    Big thanks to LYCAN for my awesome SGE!!

  20. #180
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    536
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheYeche

    Default

    I honestly don't care about killstealing myself but they should do what black ops did with the downed kills. You down him > Someone else kills your down > You get the kill > They get some points.
    WAR HOUNDZ GEARS CLAN FOUNDER JOIN TODAY NOW RECRUITING!
    TWITTER @THEYECHE

  21. #181
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Posts
    6,854
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeche View Post
    I honestly don't care about killstealing myself but they should do what black ops did with the downed kills. You down him > Someone else kills your down > You get the kill > They get some points.
    That doesnt make sense, he didnt kill him. The reason stats are there is to record what happened in the game accurately, they shouldn't alter this just because of a few butthurt kids got their downs taken.
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

  22. #182
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jacinto
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Guy with the most points should get the kill, simple as that. He did the most work so he deserves the credit. If it's 50/50 then whoever got the down should get it. I don't consider 98 points of damage an assist, the guy who shot him with 2 snub shots doesn't deserve the credit for something I did all the work for. If it got changed to this method it would drive most of the kill scavengers crazy and that would just be great
    I'm all for winning so don't go there.

  23. #183
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    This is a part of my game I've really neglected. Whenever I try and steal someone's kill, some douche gets there before me. It's really irritating. Can anyone post some tips in this thread on Kill Stealing?
    Sarge

  24. #184
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    The best solution would just be to give the guy who downed the other guy the credit for the kill and the same amount of points, but give the guy who takes the kill like 100 points or something.

    Why would anyone complain about that? Guy who takes it gets 100 points for finishing a guy that he didn't down, and the guy who would have killed him anyways but got beaten to the punch still gets his kill.
    Why give him 100 points? You're still rewarding him..

    Give him the 10 points you normally get but no kill since the only reason people steal kills is to help them towards their Oynx medals..

  25. #185
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Posts
    6,854
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmann333 View Post
    Guy with the most points should get the kill, simple as that. He did the most work so he deserves the credit. If it's 50/50 then whoever got the down should get it. I don't consider 98 points of damage an assist, the guy who shot him with 2 snub shots doesn't deserve the credit for something I did all the work for. If it got changed to this method it would drive most of the kill scavengers crazy and that would just be great
    I'm all for winning so don't go there.
    It doesn't matter what you deserve, what matters is that stats record what happened accurately.
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

  26. #186
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    114
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The G0lden Age

    Default

    The best way for them to truly fix kill stealing is that if your kill gets taken the kill goes to you and they get a 30 point assist or whatever.
    But in all seriousness, I don't care if someone takes my kills in Warzone, Execution, Wingman or Team Death match because it is better than them getting up. I just respond by taking a few of their kills (the Hammer Burst is great for this)
    But in Capture the Leader and King of the Hill, that's when the kills really matter to do since it's a infinite well and I earn most of them.
    http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/lonestar4.gif < Link to sig, click it every time you see one of my posts.

    The only pre-order skin I truly want is the.... all mighty Savage Grenadier Elite.

  27. #187
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakyBOOTS View Post
    the best solution is to get rid of all the douche bags that blatantly steal kills..
    banhammer im all for it.
    93

    Gamertag - GTRandy
    Cog - Anya Stroud
    Locust - Savage Grenadier

    GOWJ - 151

  28. #188
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: addicted2SODA

    Default

    look their doesn't really need to be any change to the game the assist points system work fine the thing that needs to changed is the online douchbag mentality I'll post a kill stealing etiquette thread or something were we can discuss but seriously no more changes to the game plz don't change anything else EPIC please
    I miss the horde

  29. #189
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supa hot lava View Post
    I'm gonna say this quick and simple.

    When YOU down an enemy... and your teammate tries to "steal" it by shooting at him... make it so that it takes MORE bullets/damage for your teammate to finish off that enemy that you just downed.

    I think this would help a lot of people from getting frustrated as it would lower the chances of that asshole teammate of yours to take that kill you earned.

    Whaddya think?
    Sorry to say this, but your idea would be completely unnecessary, would just complicate things, and wouldn't stop people from stealing kills.
    Plus, Rod already talked about this subject (Kill stealing) and he said that he (EPIC) doesn't think kill stealing as a bad thing because they want their game to be about teamwork and not individualism. In the end, they feel as if stealing kills isn't bad and that it counts as working as a team to get the overall win.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBYCFOTA View Post
    Gears took the core mechanics of what made the multiplayer special and either removed them or mangled them beyond recognition. All this for what? To attract the gamer with the attention span of a nat who will play the game for a month and then go back to his favorite FPS or the next flavor of the month title? They're not the ones who are going to be buying all of the DLC and still playing the game 9 months after launch. That would be your hardcore fanbase, the one you've alienated with your changes to the point of no return. Remember them? Don't worry, you will soon enough.
    R.I.P - Gears of War = 2006/2012
    </3

  30. #190
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    487
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Three III Evils

    Default

    People are still complaining about this? Do go on...
    Just play.

  31. #191
    I am a GEAR in the COG army!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Halifax, N.S. Canada
    Posts
    1,723
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Karma Cop52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xJ A Y View Post
    Who cares if they take your down, the games all about teamwork and you still get a decent amount of points.
    ^^Agreed^^^

    People who sweat a stolen kill need to find perspective and a better hobby. Half the time it's not likely on purpose, plus have you ever seen someone get up because two people have become relunctant to touch him thinking the other took him down? That's months of classical conditioning from someone spazzing into their mic about a stolen kill at you. I keep it classy and leave kills to the downer, it's a nice sign of respect but I've nevered jumped on someone who took mine.

    Two weeks ago I join a CTL and within 20 seconds the leader goes down at the same time as a guy in a dark corner in mercy. I hear his call and rush around the corner and find them both there, I go to revive my leader but the x button also picks the guy up as meatshield (and since they're so close this is what happens). Before I'd even done it I heard "Look at this guy, bet he's here to take MY kill"...and then before I know it I'm lashed with a variety of "I hope your grandmother dies of cancer tomorrow" type of stuff. I'd just gotten in after a 12 hour shift and this is one of the first (and hopefully last) times some degenarate puke gets to me. I left the game and should have shut it off entirerly because I didn't play/enjoy it the same as I usually do the rest of the night. That's on me though for being vulnerable that moment.

    Moral? Forget and forgive, it's likely it wasn't even done on purpose in the first place and if it was it's only you who loses out by sweating it. If you live and play with class in Gears, then you'll make friends and teammates with the same type of character traits and your experience will be the better for it.
    Gears - Tai /Col.Hoffman|| Locust - Flame Grenadier/Golden Miner # Cheers VIKING/CHEEZ/Br4inDead for Jungling me out
    GzB Captain - Great White North ~ EGFC Private First Class #204
    "If a man could pass through Paradise in a dream, and have a flower presented to him as a pledge that his soul had really been there, and if he found that flower in his hand when he awoke- what then?"

  32. #192
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    115

    Default

    making it harder for teamates to kill a downed enemy is a terrible idea. what about people that play competitively? they do not neccessarily care about kills as much as winning. i say if you down him and he dies by someone else, you should get the kill
    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward.

  33. #193
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jacinto
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Ninja View Post
    It doesn't matter what you deserve, what matters is that stats record what happened accurately.
    It doesn't matter if the stats are accurate lol just stop rewarding dbags with stats they didn't earn. "it doesn't matter what you deserve" is basically ur way of saying you don't have respect for other ppl. So to me, it doesn't matter what you say. Good day sir.

  34. #194
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Posts
    6,854
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmann333 View Post
    It doesn't matter if the stats are accurate lol just stop rewarding dbags with stats they didn't earn. "it doesn't matter what you deserve" is basically ur way of saying you don't have respect for other ppl. So to me, it doesn't matter what you say. Good day sir.
    The stats are there so they can record what happened in the game. Just because you add some sort of value to a number doesnt mean it should be changed.
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

  35. #195
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jacinto
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Ninja View Post
    The stats are there so they can record what happened in the game. Just because you add some sort of value to a number doesnt mean it should be changed.
    And just because you disagree doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed. 99 pts should not be an assist, the lesser number should always be the assist. Who cares if some douche was able to beat me to finishing him off, doesn't mean he should get the kill. I get the whole "what happened in the game" argument but that's not much of a point.
    If there was a guy that had all of his kills stolen so his stats read 0 kills and 1000 deaths, is that really what you want for that guy? If a guy never got his own kills and only stole them so his stats were 1000 kills but 10,0000 pts (10 for each steal), do you really think that guy is a good player? Those "accurate stats" don't always look so accurate.


 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •