Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Kill "stealing" solution.

I'm gonna say this quick and simple.

When YOU down an enemy... and your teammate tries to "steal" it by shooting at him... make it so that it takes MORE bullets/damage for your teammate to finish off that enemy that you just downed.

I think this would help a lot of people from getting frustrated as it would lower the chances of that asshole teammate of yours to take that kill you earned.

Whaddya think?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SqueakyBOOTS

the best solution is to get rid of all the douche bags that blatantly steal kills..
    R.I.P Gears 2 KoTH rank 9 worldwide

Level 100....Check
    Embry Star....Check
    Quit GoW3....Check

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TG pho3niX

EPIC doesn't care about kill stealing. Rod talked about it on the first live stream. There is nothing you can do about it.
    signature removed by admin- over allowed swag
    They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Moderatin'
    They tryina catch me trollin' dirty

Very special thanks to evonites for the Adam Fenix code, re-igniting my Gears fire after my rank reset. You're awesome

Banned

The best solution would just be to give the guy who downed the other guy the credit for the kill and the same amount of points, but give the guy who takes the kill like 100 points or something.

Why would anyone complain about that? Guy who takes it gets 100 points for finishing a guy that he didn't down, and the guy who would have killed him anyways but got beaten to the punch still gets his kill.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bossgdt09

I hate to say it but one solution that comes best to mind is how CoD did the 2nd chance thing and gave the kill to the person that should have gotten the kill. But I really don't care anymore. The way the game works, I know I'll recover that kill eventually and possibly steal someone else's kill accidentally or not in turn, resetting everything that I could b*tch and moan about in the current game state. K/D doesn't bother me anymore not because I'm a higher rank, but I just don't give a single f*ck.
    Nope%u0025252C+can%25E2%2580%2599t+find+a+single+****.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    The best solution would just be to give the guy who downed the other guy the credit for the kill and the same amount of points, but give the guy who takes the kill like 100 points or something.

Why would anyone complain about that? Guy who takes it gets 100 points for finishing a guy that he didn't down, and the guy who would have killed him anyways but got beaten to the punch still gets his kill.
    This is actually a very good idea, i don't see any negatives that could come out of it.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Valafar123

Quote Originally Posted by patriot715 View Post
    EPIC doesn't care about kill stealing. Rod talked about it on the first live stream. There is nothing you can do about it.
    Sad but true.

I wish they'd reprogram the bots though. Hate it when they steal kills.

--

This post was created through the wonders of Tapatalk.
    Loadout: Hammerburst MK-II / Gnasher Shotgun / Ink Grenade
    Twitter: Valafar123 | GT: Valafar123
    I suck with the judgment Gnasher and I can admit that. You don't see me complaining about the gun.

Banned

who gives a fucc kill the cocksucker and move it along its a team based game to hell with you kill death nobody gives a fucc about it anyways

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SIR BIGGLES 520

Kill stealing isn't that big of an issue as said by Rod and some forumers on here. A down is a down and a kill is a kill

Rock a full party is one of the best soultions to this other than that you just have to be quicker than the other guys

I have had downs taken but I only ever really get irritated about it if happens to be my nemesis or the very last guy
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffyB View Post
    I know. You'd think it's like a teamgame or something.
    Character Creation supporter/brain stormer

Veteran

People care more about kills than points in my experience, I somehow don't really like the idea of the person sitting back with their hammerburst finishing off the kill of the guy who is risking his life in a shotgun fight, with the hb guy racking up the kills without actually putting himself in any danger. It would be very frustrating for the person who was about to to kill his enemy with the shotgun.

Kill stealing can be frustrating but its existed since the first Gears and I think its something that shouldn't be overcomplicated.
    Got GUNS do you wanna, take aim at each other?
    Got KNIVES have you seen 'em, in your backs where we keep 'em!
    Milky Idea's

Banned

Not a issue for me. I've look at my downs vs kills and I've had over 40% of my downs taken. Do I care? Nope - I'm a support player. If I get a down - by all means take it. I rather get a nice W/L with a quick victory over a high K/D with a lower W/L.
    My group has won games because of me attacking those who attack them. 2 guns firing on one play is damn deadly. A enemy is getting attacked by my teammate rushing with Gnasher with me attacking from a distance with my HB - what's he to do? All he could do is run but he has to dodge 2 players or focus on killing my teammate as I unload on him. Either way he's going down. I usually give it to them as when they go down they go out of my sight (or barely in them) so better to let my teammate finish it off. However they will give me a chance to say "Mine!" over the mic before killing him. This is only with my team though. Randoms - I'm playing with randoms. What do you expect to happen? 100% teamwork and respect? Do I care when it happens? Nope as it wins the match quicker and I get the points for the down and usually over 80pts for the assist when it's stolen. Enough for me.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T0PP HATT

Yeah, Rod talked bout the kill stealing issue a long time ago, "It's not a big issue with them, It's more about the win!!"...
    So actually wysiwyg...
    That's a zero in my Gt: T0PP HATT Thank you Lycan for the code.
    Thank you Spout4 for the Baird, Thank you Kracker Kid for the Jungle Tai code. Thank you Cher for the Minecraft skin pack, Thank You Cher for the Mech Baird, Thank you Cher for my friends Avatar Lancer. Thank you Cher for the FON early acces code. Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer. Thank you Flak for my brothers "Code".
    Thank you Cher and Flak

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Patholog1k4L

Quote Originally Posted by supa hot lava View Post
    I'm gonna say this quick and simple.

When YOU down an enemy... and your teammate tries to "steal" it by shooting at him... make it so that it takes MORE bullets/damage for your teammate to finish off that enemy that you just downed.

I think this would help a lot of people from getting frustrated as it would lower the chances of that asshole teammate of yours to take that kill you earned.

Whaddya think?
    Nope I see where you are coming from but this would lead to frustrating situations where a teammate downs someone and then dies, or a bot downs someone and wanders off in the middle of a fire fight when you need the extra ammunition. This is a good idea, but I think the best bet is to just grin and bear it (or play with people that don't steal kills).
    Gears 3 : Lvl 64 1355/1750 Onyx : 11/65
    Valera / Myrrah
    Gold Plasma Hammerburst / Onyx Gnasher
    Campaign, Beast, Horde, Arcade all completed on insane 10/30/11

Banned

double post by this absolutely wonderful POS forum engine again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SIR BIGGLES 520 View Post
    .........but I only ever really get irritated about it if happens to be my nemesis or the very last guy
    THIS!!!! I really don't care except for this. I've given up on the 'retribution' medal. It ain't going to happen, I have 6 total of many chances.
    If you're close enough to not have them stolen, it's usually a GIB kill not an executable down.
    That medal needs to be changed to simply killing your nemesis.

Also the situation where some douchebag ignores everything else around them Just to steal a kill he Nothing to do with.

This usual results in the dillweed running up and blasting your down with a SO as you reload and always with 2/3 enemies right on his a$$

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeros Sabre

It's a team game and the objective is to win. Your name isn't suddenly on a kill just because you down someone, you didn't actually kill the person all you did was deplete their HP.

Deal with it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPuritania

Who cares if they take your down, the games all about teamwork and you still get a decent amount of points.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ch1ck3nFr1kaS33 PSN ID: AnonONIagent

Some call it stealing. I call it helping out.
    Macta Vivere, Vivamus Occidere

Benjamin Carmine|Theron Sentinel
    Crimson Omen Mark 2 Lancer Assault Rifle|Hammerburst II Battle Rifle|Jungle Digital Mark 1 Lancer Assault Rifle|Gnasher Combat Shotgun

So what if I do all of the damage and someone pops off one shot and gets the down? Who gets the kill then?

Kill stealing isnt an issue worth wasting time on. I couldn't care less take all my kills, I'll gladly take the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slimmy128

This is a bad idea becuase if you deal all the damage but that last shot before he goes down than it is your kill there is no let me repeat for everyone coming up with idea NO solution to kill stealing other than not playing with crappy teamates
    Retro Lancer Gnasher FTWSOS is fair get over it you need to adaptIf you complain about any gun killing you all the time than your bad because your complaining about other people killing you all the time.
    <(-o-<)<(-o-)>(>-o-)>
    (>-o-)>(>-o-<)<(-o-<)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mach1545

I think the kill should go to whoever killed the person.

That's just me, though. -.-

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Pirate View Post
    People care more about kills than points in my experience, I somehow don't really like the idea of the person sitting back with their hammerburst finishing off the kill of the guy who is risking his life in a shotgun fight, with the hb guy racking up the kills without actually putting himself in any danger. It would be very frustrating for the person who was about to to kill his enemy with the shotgun.

Kill stealing can be frustrating but its existed since the first Gears and I think its something that shouldn't be overcomplicated.
    I get that too. Truth be told, I'm never going to be that guy, so I've never really thought about it. I play close range with mid range being the farthest I attempt to fight someone at with starter weapons and really only go long range if I have a power weapon. My biggest annoyance is when I down someone and then shoot them on the ground and it still doesn't kill them. Then, before I can get a second shot off, I get some asshole teammate who just shoots his head off. It actually happens quite a bit. Or I can't even get one shot off to finish the person before it's taken.

Also, I really hate how the people who are against killstealing are are accused of caring too much about K/D. I say the people that go out of their way to take kills when they don't have to are the ones who are obsessed. If the guy who got the down can make it to the downed guy in time and there is no danger of the guy getting up or being revived, don't be an asshole and take it. If it is the last guy, just sit there and keep your gun aimed at the guy in case he starts getting up. If he isn't the last guy, go after his teammates.

Veteran

^
    Yeah I agree completely, kill stealing is very irritating. Another counter-argument people use is that its a team game and you shouldn't care if a teammate gets your kills but I think that as part of a team you should be respectful to each other and that includes not stealing a kill that you have no right to. So yeah I have the same grievances as you but I don't think giving the kill to the guy who gets the down is a viable solution.
    Got GUNS do you wanna, take aim at each other?
    Got KNIVES have you seen 'em, in your backs where we keep 'em!
    Milky Idea's

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Scythe NL

Quote Originally Posted by supa hot lava View Post
    This is actually a very good idea, i don't see any negatives that could come out of it.
    I do. A down is not a kill, so the person doing the downing is getting a kill they did not make. Now, I┤ve argued about this in many a topic but I have yet to have somebody answer me this, maybe you can:

Why should I get the kill if I:

a. Downed a guy, then got gibbed myself, and a teammate kills the down? Without the teammate, the enemy would have autorevived.
    b. Downed a guy from across the map (Sniper) but he crawls behind cover quickly, then a teammate who is near him kills him? Without the teammate, the enemy would have autorevived.
    c. See a teammate putting an entire clip into an enemy, then I fire 1 snubbullet and get the down with it? My teammate keeps on shooting and kills him. I effectively did ONE SNUBBULLET of damage to this enemy.

If you can answer these questions in a manner that solves these issues, then I will support any type of killstealing solution you want.
    I am the one in ten, a number on a list,
    I am the one in ten, even though I don't exist.
    Nobody knows me, but I'm always there,
    a statistic, a reminder, of a world that doesn't care...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DV Bones

Kill stealing can be irritating and disrespectful, but I think Epic has done enough with the point system as is.

As a player, I do my best to not worry about stats and model the behavior that I hope to see in others. In this case, I do my best not to steal kills.
    DigitalViolence.net - Gears and Gaming Community for Grown-ups

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PROJECT Wheelz

The only problem with this is a game mode like warzone where when u play it with stacked team and you cross lancer it dosent matter who gets the kill but if you win or not :P

Banned

I feel like this is just handing out undeserved points. People would just always be leaving their kills so their buddies could clean it up for 100 extra points. I feel that right now the system is fine, and changing it would change gears too much. When I play with my buddies I'm respectful, and when I play with randoms if they steal my kills they'll regret it cause I can hb kill their down from across the map if they want it.

Banned

I have a solution, you douche bags out there that steal kills just need to stop. I get tired of trying to execute someone then having someone just shooting him once and he dead after all the work i did to get him down.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Who cares? It is a team based game, I play with a full team of friends every time. No problems.

When I do play solo I could not care less when it happens, not worth getting uppity about.
    We judge ourselves by what we feel we're capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.
    Play hard, enjoy yourself, but always be a Team Player. Gears player since Emergence Day.

I have no lag, always get Servers, am I just very lucky??

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DV Bones

Quote Originally Posted by Digi-destined View Post
    I have a solution, you douche bags out there that steal kills just need to stop. I get tired of trying to execute someone then having someone just shooting him once and he dead after all the work i did to get him down.
    Something tells me those players don't particularly care about what you want. A few days ago, I went into a 2 v 3 fight. I downed two without any assistance and my teammate stole both kills. We turned to the last enemy, both firing, he got the down and I got the kill. He went ballistic about how I stole his kill.
    DigitalViolence.net - Gears and Gaming Community for Grown-ups

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chieffie View Post
    I do. A down is not a kill, so the person doing the downing is getting a kill they did not make. Now, I┤ve argued about this in many a topic but I have yet to have somebody answer me this, maybe you can:

Why should I get the kill if I:

a. Downed a guy, then got gibbed myself, and a teammate kills the down? Without the teammate, the enemy would have autorevived.
    b. Downed a guy from across the map (Sniper) but he crawls behind cover quickly, then a teammate who is near him kills him? Without the teammate, the enemy would have autorevived.
    c. See a teammate putting an entire clip into an enemy, then I fire 1 snubbullet and get the down with it? My teammate keeps on shooting and kills him. I effectively did ONE SNUBBULLET of damage to this enemy.

If you can answer these questions in a manner that solves these issues, then I will support any type of killstealing solution you want.
    I don't think you understand the problem here. The PROBLEM is ****ty teammates that PURPOSELY go for the easy kill when they didn't deserve it at all. I understand what you mean about your three points, but that's not what i am referring to.

It is extremely annoying working hard to get someone downed, and then what do you know... Myrrah pops out with a ****ing Sawed-off and blasts the dude... smh...

And yes... i DO care about stats, it's a fun way to play the game knowing that you're actually playing for something (W/L is included).

Also another good solution for this is that the person that did more than 50 points of damage, deserves that kill.
    Last edited by supa hot lava; 01-14-2012 at 01:49 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: diviNity BKG

I've always thought that the people who complain about kills on the scoreboard have trouble getting them. A kill is a team effort, the quicker the enemy dies the better, I assist fire all day and I do not care who technically 'kills' the guy I downed. if its a big deal, points are reflective of how much damage you are doing to the enemy anyway.

The only thing I don't like is if its Execution/TDM and I down the last enemy alive--ready to execute them!--aaaaaaaand then some teammate runs up and gibs him lol
    H Y P E

Banned

The only time I get mad about stolen kills is when I down a guy in a shotgun battle, my teammate rushes in front of me to steal my kill, and we both get raped on the blind side by a guy he should have been fighting. . .

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxVv DANNY vVxX

agreed. it is a problem in every game in some form

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pZ Uncanny Doom

This, and the points are what matter anyway. If someone has a lot of kills and less points than people with less kills, it's a given that he's finishing off people that his teammates did most of the work on. I don't see what the big deal is and all of this stat whoring mentality needs to go. Your team winning should be all that matters and if playing with randoms doesn't do it for you, find people to play with. Like usual, half the complaints people have with this game would be solved if they would just get some people to play with on a regular basis.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shockwave IIC

I had some interesting experiences so far this weekend.

On Mercy and me and someone 2v1 this guy, he goes down at my feet while crossing a wall and I end up being the one that kills him. My team mate starts meleeing me. Now granted I did not do most of the damage but jesus, someone was being a bit sensitive.

Hotel, I see a 1v1 going on and I add my fire, target moves out of site and I round the corner firing and end up killing this down."oops, sorry. My bad"
    Later on Hotel I'm struggling in this 1v1 and a friendly joins in (might of been the one from earlier, not sure) they go down as I'm full red and in need of reloading. I reload and the friendly waits for me to take the kill, "Dude, take it, I would of been down if it wasn't for you" he still waits three seconds before taking the kill.

Most of today I've been mostly rocking the Hammer burst, I'm often getting two downs per clip, but they've been falling behind cover. Each time I've been like "move up, he's down" but alas people rarely do. Blood Drive in fact, spawns depleted, 3v1 them with the Torque, me and the Torque both shooting from lower stairs, I down him and say over the mic "take him, he's down" He self revives in record time as my third team mate starts to flank down his corridor, out to the Torque bow, I down him a second time as he tags me so I'm out. He then wins the 1v1.

Sometimes you can't have your kills taken for love nor money.

Strangest things.
    Yeah. Right. When was the last time the wind said "hostiles" to you?
    Gamer Tag - Shockwave IIC
    Yes, as a Casual player I like a challenge, doesn't mean I want to feel redundant.
    STOP! Take a breath, and realise you are not the L33T player you think you are.
    Thank you TiK for the Mech Baird, even though you won it and needed it yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPaladin View Post
    Something tells me those players don't particularly care about what you want. A few days ago, I went into a 2 v 3 fight. I downed two without any assistance and my teammate stole both kills. We turned to the last enemy, both firing, he got the down and I got the kill. He went ballistic about how I stole his
    kill.
    Then same could be said about you. Only a douche bag steals a kill especially when they are trying to execute a downed enemy. And i dont partilcally care about your opinion and no one else does either

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WarDecoy II

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPaladin View Post
    Something tells me those players don't particularly care about what you want. A few days ago, I went into a 2 v 3 fight. I downed two without any assistance and my teammate stole both kills. We turned to the last enemy, both firing, he got the down and I got the kill. He went ballistic about how I stole his kill.
    I Hate that, It's kids trying to Pad there stats thats a Problem. They need to add a stat showing how many kills you've stolen
    What i've been playing since GoW J flopped.

http://g.bf3stats.com/360/H4pfi0Bs/WarDecoy%20II.png

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WarDecoy II

Quote Originally Posted by Digi-destined View Post
    Then same could be said about you. Only a douche bag steals a kill especially when they are trying to execute a downed enemy. And i dont partilcally care about your opinion and no one else does either
    He means they where firing at the same time and the Random downed the guy and he followed and got the kill. Think before you post
    What i've been playing since GoW J flopped.

http://g.bf3stats.com/360/H4pfi0Bs/WarDecoy%20II.png

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lt Burstfire

The solution is so simple. Whenever someone gets downed, the person who downed him gets the kill, no if's, and's, or but's about it.
    I would really appreciate a free character code!
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)o This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast