Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BabyVale PSN ID: BabyVale

Default Confused with Jace...

the past few days a friend lend me the first comic of gears and as i was reading i got confused because it told another different story of Jace being rescue as a child in the beginning of e-day by the COG. my confusion got when i first past RAAM's shadow showing that Jace was rescued by Zeta team.

are there two Jace or the stories got mixed???
    Pay us a visit! / Danos una visita!
    La Chica Gamer

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Grim And True

most of raams shadow is a huge contradiction, that barrick met jace then, but in the comic he met jace for the first time, they use mk2 lancers not retro lancers, so on so forth i can go on i wouldn't mind knowing my self

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Red Mosquito MW

Same jace. he is rescued when he is very young and his brother is killed he is then taken in to dr wisens orphanage by unknown gears. He is then rescued a second time by zeta when he is a teenager. The inconsistencies are probably retcons however in the comic when they meet barrick refers to him as the kid so maybe he remembered him.
    Check out my Gears of War Customs http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt339/linwoodm/

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mlinwood View Post
    Same jace. he is rescued when he is very young and his brother is killed he is then taken in to dr wisens orphanage by unknown gears. He is then rescued a second time by zeta when he is a teenager. The inconsistencies are probably retcons however in the comic when they meet barrick refers to him as the kid so maybe he remembered him.
    Now that sounds convincing, Still there are some intervals of time were the history is a mix but its ok. thanks!
    La Chica Gamer

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Whiskeys Demon

this is really the only way you can make it work. i just kind of say that comics prior to karen traviss writing dont fit into conitnuity and ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim and true88 View Post
    most of raams shadow is a huge contradiction, that barrick met jace then, but in the comic he met jace for the first time, they use mk2 lancers not retro lancers, so on so forth i can go on i wouldn't mind knowing my self
    Well the regular lancer actually fits the time fame. The mk2 was introduced 1 year after the invasion. The game says shortly after E day, but in reality in order for Barrick, a conscript, to be a gear, it has to be after operation life boat, which was 9 years after E day.

There are holes in it, but what can you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    Well the regular lancer actually fits the time fame. The mk2 was introduced 1 year after the invasion. The game says shortly after E day, but in reality in order for Barrick, a conscript, to be a gear, it has to be after operation life boat, which was 9 years after E day.

There are holes in it, but what can you do?
    RAAM's shadow is set four years after E-Day, so presumably the dates for Lifeboat have now been retconned to fit this all in. Don't worry too much guys, just treat this as a 'player choice', the ones where you use RT or LT to choose which way to go. Because of the choice, there isn't a 'canon' route, but the outcome is i.e. It doesn't matter which way Marcus goes, just the fact that he gets to the final destination, same with this. Jace grew upto become a soldier, and at some point was in the orphanage, and then at another point, Barrick joined the Cog.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by demoneyeone View Post
    this is really the only way you can make it work. i just kind of say that comics prior to karen traviss writing dont fit into conitnuity and ignore it.
    Karen Travis books are after each game event and for what i understand comics go in perspective explaining the "lost" intervals of time that dosent show the game.
    La Chica Gamer

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Whiskeys Demon

Quote Originally Posted by BabyVale View Post
    Karen Travis books are after each game event and for what i understand comics go in perspective explaining the "lost" intervals of time that dosent show the game.
    right. her books and comics fit into the storyline of the games is what i was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by c SPARTAN117 c View Post
    RAAM's shadow is set four years after E-Day.
    This time frame was never stated anywhere officially outside of discussion and theory, however since we factually know Operation lifeboat was a decade after Eday, this presumably is around that time, not 4 years.

Unless, of course, you can provide a link where it explicitly says without question, 4 years. It's all speculation, and 4 years doesn't work given what's established.
    Last edited by NFI; 01-14-2012 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Quote Originally Posted by NFI View Post
    This time frame was never stated anywhere officially outside of discussion and theory, however since we factually know Operation lifeboat was a decade after Eday, this presumably is around that time, not 4 years.

Unless, of course, you can provide a link where it explicitly says without question, 4 years. It's all speculation, and 4 years doesn't work given what's established.
    I can't find the link, but I'm sure it was said by Epic at some point. I guess though that it has to be even earlier seeing as how they're only just evacuating Ilima. The hammer of down offensive was done a year after emergence in which Prescott ordered the fall back to Ephyra before everything got 'nuked', so I dunno what the deal is ultimately.
    I guess we'll just have to accept that all the events happened at some point in time until everything is brought into order by the story tellers
    Last edited by c SPARTAN117 c; 01-15-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x671xCRUZaderx

This makes sense and kind of clears up my confusion.
    #186 EGFC Member Onyx Guard Member #371 \\★// A HUGE THANK YOU to III LYCAN III for Dom
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Gnashes for the Reaper Skin A HUGE THANK YOU to lPunishmentz for Jungle Tai
    A HUGE THANK YOU to Fisal for the Classic Hammerburst A HUGE THANK YOU to PopeAdrian37th for the Neon Skin