Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Redeemer

Default Unreal Script Wizard

Special Thanks to William Gaul.

Description:
    Unreal Script Wizard is a free program made by me to make Unreal Scripting easier with the help of a wizard. At the moment it
    only supports basic weapon creation. I developed it with beginners in mind, who want to implement their custom weapons in UDK.
    All you have to do is copy/paste the names of Weapon Skeletal mesh, Particle System, SoundCue, Ammo mesh etc from UDK Content
    Browser to the appropriate fields in Unreal Script Wizard and press finish. Rest is done by Unreal Script Wizard.

Please watch this How-To-Use (OLD) video:

Using Crucible Weapon Pack by Runestorm.

FAQ:

How can i download this?

Unreal Script Wizard is only available with Unreal X-Editor

How can i help you?
    You can click on "Donate" button and Make a Donation if you wish to help

Is this Free?
    110% Free ...You can freely use it for commercial or non-commercial use.

Will you update this in future?
    Yes...I am planning to include more functions and i might also add Character Wizard and Custom Game Info Wizard.

Will you include my codes if i sent them to you?
    Of course i will...We are all here to help each other
    But instead of sending code snippets please send fully working code.

Changelog:
    • --Start UDK Frontend is now available
    • --New Console window when compiling scripts
    • --New startup warning message if running from wrong directory
    • --Weapons will no longer wobble around Weapon Pickup Factory
    • --Added ShotGun settings
    • --Added Ironsight support
    • --Added Flashlight support
    • --Added Left Hand support
    • --Added Always On Top setting
    • --Fixed Check For Update issues

Download: Available with Unreal X-Editor

FLASHLIGHT NOTE: You MUST add this Binding in UDKInput.ini to toggle Flashlight. ".Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ToggleFlashlight")"

Please post your bugs/suggestions/feedback here

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is just beyond awesome!
    I giant star for you!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks ryanjon, this tool looks exactly like the sort of thing I (a noob at programming) need... Thanks for putting it together and sharing. Looking forward to seeing the future functions too

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayan View Post
    Thanks ryanjon, this tool looks exactly like the sort of thing I (a noob at programming) need... Thanks for putting it together and sharing. Looking forward to seeing the future functions too
    Thanks Mayan...If you like this app then Please spread the word I wish the mods keep this a sticky so more people knows about this

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is awesome! Keep up the good work, and thanks for helping me out.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would just like to say it doesn't work on 64 bit, I'm about to install windows 8 developer preview 32bit just to try this out...

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by bobtheturtle View Post
    This is awesome! Keep up the good work, and thanks for helping me out.
    Thanks for the comment bobtheturtle....Glad you find this useful Please spread the word.......And if you face any problem, dont forget to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by XstreamTech View Post
    I would just like to say it doesn't work on 64 bit, I'm about to install windows 8 developer preview 32bit just to try this out...
    Hello XstreamTech....I use Windows 7 64-bit and it does work fine (Tutorial video was recorded in Win 7 64-bit. If you look at the video you can see Unreal Development Kit (64-Bit) as Title)....Is there any error message when you run the Wizard? Did you run the installer with "Run As Administrator" option? Also can you please tell me where did you install Unreal Script Wizard?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just installed it to the directory that is default with the installer, I then followed your video exactly with the crucible assault rifle, When I press compile nothing happens and I don't see the command prompt come up like you did and it didn't make a file in my src folder... I ran it as administrator also. Do you have Skype or anything I would love to have a chat to you about it...

Redeemer

I just installed it to the directory that is default with the installer
    Thats not where you should install. You must install it to UDK install directory (eg: C:\UDK\UDK-2011-11). Please read the "VERY IMPORTANT README" that comes with the setup

Do you have Skype or anything I would love to have a chat to you about it...
    Unfortunately i dont have Skype...I too love to chat with you because i learned UDK by following your tutorials on youtube. A Million Thanks for the awesome tutorials

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks alot, I'm going to try installing it into the udk directory now, Can i use the december release of udk?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does it work on the december version of udk?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi, really nice program, my only problem is that I followed exactly your video and the weapon do not show up in game, and nothing is floating on top of the pickup factory, but I have sound and all, So I opened the script and edited the last part to put the mesh name and now only the arm show up and not the gun.

but anyway, if I could suggest you something, I have a fully working code that contain ironsight, flashlight on the gun, ejecting physic bullet, sprinthing, and these kind of thing, that would we a great idea I think of puttin the ironsight instead of the secondary fire on your code :P

nice job anyway.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looking forward to see this in some of next UDK updates!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by jx53 View Post
    Hi, really nice program, my only problem is that I followed exactly your video and the weapon do not show up in game, and nothing is floating on top of the pickup factory, but I have sound and all, So I opened the script and edited the last part to put the mesh name and now only the arm show up and not the gun.
    Hmmm....thats weird....if everything compiled correctly then it should show up in game.

I have a fully working code that contain ironsight, flashlight on the gun, ejecting physic bullet, sprinthing, and these kind of thing, that would we a great idea I think of puttin the ironsight instead of the secondary fire on your code :P
    WOW!! Thats truly great...Can you please PM me the code

Quote Originally Posted by Boshko Savich View Post
    Looking forward to see this in some of next UDK updates!
    Me too....i saw your comment on Youtube. Thanks for the comment man!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

well, it give me 6 warning when I do it the same as in the video, I do not remember these warning but I will recreate a weapon using you programm and post the warning here. If this can help, I'm working with the November UDK release.

ps: I sent an archive to you in private message, I uploaded it on media fire, contain an mk18 and a pistol, it contain the content for an mp5 but I havent coded it already, I coded the pistol yesterday :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok, this time I used my own meshes and it give me no error O_O but the weapon still do not appear, before, it was apearing in third person only, now it do not apear in any view mode.

Redeemer

Ok, this time I used my own meshes and it give me no error O_O but the weapon still do not appear, before, it was apearing in third person only, now it do not apear in any view mode.
    Did you configured PlayerViewOffset? Because when i was making the wizard i too had this problem and figured out that in PlayerViewOffset all values were 0 (Dont know about Third Person View)....If you dont mind can you send the Meshes to me in PM? I will look into it and see if it works properly

ps: I sent an archive to you in private message, I uploaded it on media fire, contain an mk18 and a pistol, it contain the content for an mp5 but I havent coded it already, I coded the pistol yesterday :P
    This is great....i compiled this and it works fine I've sent you PM's

MSgt. Shooter Person

the PlayerViewOffset was left to 0 because the good playerviewoffset must be near of that so it would have appeared anyway. And you already have the meshes, I did it with the mp5 in the package that I sent to you :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow, your wizard give some really nice thing :P but the shoot anim and delay is too slow :P you should had a fonction to set a spped to the anims if this is possible ^^ the mp5 is working perfectly, no warning, nothing

Redeemer

wow, your wizard give some really nice thing :P but the shoot anim and delay is too slow :P you should had a fonction to set a spped to the anims if this is possible ^^ the mp5 is working perfectly, no warning, nothing
    Glad to know its working fine

About the shoot anim slowness...is there a way to control playrate of Animsets via unrealscript?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I cant get it to work i did exactly as you did in the video, i didnt install it to the UDK directory because it wouldnt let me but i moved the Dynamic Effects Folder into my UDK 2011 folder and re- did everything for the 9th time and still doesnt work. Nothing Pops up or anything. Please help!!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Chay Hawk View Post
    I cant get it to work i did exactly as you did in the video, i didnt install it to the UDK directory because it wouldnt let me but i moved the Dynamic Effects Folder into my UDK 2011 folder and re- did everything for the 9th time and still doesnt work. Nothing Pops up or anything. Please help!!
    The reason is you copied the entire Dynamic Effects folder. To make it work do this:

Copy everything (i.e Unreal Script Wizard.exe, Uninstall.ink and both DLL files from Dynamic Effects folder)
    Paste in UDK installation directory.

So after copy/paste you should have a structure like this:

C:\UDK\UDK-2011-11\Unreal Script Wizard.exe
    C:\UDK\UDK-2011-11\Uninstall.ink
    C:\UDK\UDK-2011-11\<Both DLL Files>

In next update, i'll make sure the wizard will warn if its in wrong directory

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ok i got it working but when i edit the scripts and do a little fine tuning, it doesnt seem to be doing anything? i wanted to change X offset of the weapon to 30 and it didnt change, so i thought it might be a tiny change so i made it 900 and it still doesnt move, what am i doing wrong? I close and open UDK when i edit scripts, it never asks to rebuild scripts though. what do i do?

EDIT: Never mind i didnt have the engine compiling script in that folder, but now it gives me warnings?

It says all of my scripts have duplicates in UT game, which isnt true because i looked through every file and there is nothing, also its not updating my tweaks that i make.

Here is a picture of the warnings:

Last edited by Chay Hawk; 01-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Chay Hawk View Post
    Ok i got it working but when i edit the scripts and do a little fine tuning, it doesnt seem to be doing anything? i wanted to change X offset of the weapon to 30 and it didnt change, so i thought it might be a tiny change so i made it 900 and it still doesnt move, what am i doing wrong? I close and open UDK when i edit scripts, it never asks to rebuild scripts though. what do i do?

EDIT: Never mind i didnt have the engine compiling script in that folder, but now it gives me warnings?

It says all of my scripts have duplicates in UT game, which isnt true because i looked through every file and there is nothing, also its not updating my tweaks that i make.

Here is a picture of the warnings:

Thats weird....If you dont have those classes in UTGame then am confused why it give those warnings...anyway remove all uc files in "Src\UnrealScriptWizard" folder and create another weapon script with another name.

Sorry for the trouble Chay Hawk. I will try to include a search function that looks for duplicates in one of the coming updates.

MSgt. Shooter Person

@Chay Hawk
    1. Check UTGame folder for those classes if they exist.
    2. Check MyMod (your project folder) for same classes.
    3. Copy paste the files from USW to both UTGame folder if you get the options to replace existing, do that and then delete the newly put ones.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'll create another weapon script, @ValleW I did all of that and nothing worked. I'll just create a new one, its no big deal, i found out why it wasnt updating my scripts and fixed that issue too so just the double scripts remain. oh and ryanjon2040 awesome tool, would love to see one that does characters and vehicles and such. Keep up the great work

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool, oh and in the first part where you create your weapon class, i didnt notice anything that does projectiles. Also maybe you could make it so that you can choose a bone or socket that the projectile and muzzle flash can come out of? Also can you make it so that Melee weapons can be added easier?
    Last edited by Chay Hawk; 01-17-2012 at 02:49 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

All of this functionality there are in flct, and many other (creation of the game, cold weapon, character etc.). Only one plus of this tools is a creation of the DmgType, I think. Or I err?
    http://www.bludnikov.ru/eng.htm

Sorry to jack the thread, but rquester, your tool is pretty sweet but I'm having issues with the dual wield. It's only showing the left hand gun when I create one. Any ideas?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by rquester View Post
    All of this functionality there are in flct, and many other (creation of the game, cold weapon, character etc.). Only one plus of this tools is a creation of the DmgType, I think. Or I err?
    http://www.bludnikov.ru/eng.htm
    Hello rquester....I saw your FLCT Script Wizard and its an awesome program. But please dont hijack my thread with flct. It has its own thread and many people are viewing it. So please dont hijack this thread. Its a humble request. I hope you understand.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Man, i believe i missing one part in "VERY IMPORTANT README!!" text file in Unreal script wizard zip file this is link after: "You can watch the video on how to use here: " and there is no links. but i believe this is just in my case.

thanks ryanjon2040

havent tried it but i like the idea. Im asumming it basically just pastes the references on the proper places which is nice but to be honest i dont find it too useful. Prob cause i just got used to doing it the old way. could you possibly do something similar but for ini's?

that would be the best time saver imo opinion. its a pain to hunt down the blocks in the ini's or hunt through the base classes to find something you need. Like bone influences for mobile for instance. A simple display property name, expand if arrays, and set values would be awesome. the tabs could be between the major inis you edit, suck as defaultengine defaultgame defaultinput defaultengineudk and so on
    Released Games:
    -Fridge Raider
    -Laser Vault

Upcoming Titles:
    -Raid
    -Epar

Demo Reel 2011 (WIP):
    -Demo 2011 (WIP)

Iron Guard

Just downloaded it and will test later.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Acecutter69 View Post
    havent tried it but i like the idea. Im asumming it basically just pastes the references on the proper places which is nice but to be honest i dont find it too useful. Prob cause i just got used to doing it the old way. could you possibly do something similar but for ini's?

that would be the best time saver imo opinion. its a pain to hunt down the blocks in the ini's or hunt through the base classes to find something you need. Like bone influences for mobile for instance. A simple display property name, expand if arrays, and set values would be awesome. the tabs could be between the major inis you edit, suck as defaultengine defaultgame defaultinput defaultengineudk and so on
    Great idea....I will certainly try this but cant say when. I will PM you if i make any progress in this

Quote Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
    Just downloaded it and will test later.
    Thanks Snufkin...Dont forget to share your feedback

Cool stuff!
    Putting in a request for melee weapons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast